Why is plague so OP?

Like really... How to beat a talzin GK team when the talzin does 5+ x plague after first turns?

lame mecanic

Replies

• crixvane
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It can be until you figure out how easy it can be countered. AoE and heal makes it non-relevant. Heck, get a fast rex to throw up tenacity up before plague happens and it's a non issue.
  • crixvane wrote: »
    Heck, get a fast rex to throw up tenacity up before plague happens and it's a non issue.

Dis.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Like really... How to beat a talzin GK team when the talzin does 5+ x plague after first turns?

lame mecanic

It's not anymore since the EP/Vader reworks. Tons of health and TM gains that can deal with plague easily.

The thing is, NS were JTR teams' achilles heel. EP teams are manageable for JTR. All NS players will have to change to EP, willingly or not, as it's a direct counter to plague.

So all in all, JTR users are happier now that they won't have to deal with NS anymore. To me it's the way CG found to appease the crowd that were hating on NS.
    It can be until you figure out how easy it can be countered. AoE and heal makes it non-relevant. Heck, get a fast rex to throw up tenacity up before plague happens and it's a non issue.

But what to do if I use jtr? :(

And I don’t have holdo
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    crixvane wrote: »

But what to do if I use jtr? :(

And I don’t have holdo

NS is JTR counter.

Most NS teams have AV modded to move before MT to get around the tenacity up
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!

Non relevant...non relevant. There's got to be a word for that. Something like irrelevant.
  • KRU makes plauge not even stick. Its a joke when i go against NS teams
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Plague is dangerous because it spreads at the start of your toon turns and when ns use special abilities. And mt aoe attack and the plague go straight to health.

I dont use aoe or healing like many people claim is the only solution. I use control.

Stun mt. Fracture strong zombie or gk, buff immunity the other strong tank if there is one. Using baze pretaunt to draw asaj dispel, then apply tenacity up.

Then prioritize kill order. Daka or else she revives, then ventris or mt, whoever is closer to death.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The thing is, NS were JTR teams' achilles heel. EP teams are manageable for JTR. All NS players will have to change to EP, willingly or not, as it's a direct counter to plague.

Have to disagree with you here...imo EP does not counter NS at all.

I run NS (get top 5 most days) and while EP can be a pain (with ShT) NS struggle more with high end Phoenix / heal heavy teams. However, given those teams fail hard vs CLS & JTR it is rare to see them in top 50.

On offense NS have one of the strongest kits in the game - very weak on defense tho and their mechanic completely fall apart vs zVeers.

@OP - Agree plague is over powered but only at lower levels.

• You run ewoks.

And laugh as plague is dispelled the next turn, every time
  • Switch to zEP lead and set it to full auto.

I’m glad NS teams counter JTR so well as that means there are fewer JTR teams to deal with.

Rey’s kit is way more OP than Talzin.