Character Strategy - Darth Sion

Replies

• 4 active abilities, lovely.
    Marquee, again.
  • Really nice character.

Look forward to farm him...in 4 or 5 months :D
  • He's ridiculously strong. Guess the last three marquees (Holdo, Rose, Sith Marauder) didn't bring all that money, did they? Another pay to play toon and most likely a legendary event (or even a journey) that will need him and other marquee toons. Boring.
  • Will become zombie part #2 drama :lol:
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Sion seems pretty slow. Better wait for the stats or he will end like holdo.

Said this same thing to my guild yesterday... g11 Holdo saw a week of use
  • They managed to ruin a completely awesome update with a single word...marquee. swgoh was unique in that f2p was viable, but from everything I've gathered today p2w players will dominate for the foreseeable future.

Sion will be good at the unlock star level in arena once geared up. Unless you're wanting to put him in raids, CG is handing everyone a free meta-caliber character out of the box.
  • I’ve been waiting for this guy for ages! Last time I spent money on this game was Nihilus, and I’m ready for Sion!

Question regarding his kit though, his first special says that it can’t be resisted. But on his basic it doesn’t when applying Pain, does this mean the basic has a Potency check? (Gotta start farming up his mods!)
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting for this guy for ages! Last time I spent money on this game was Nihilus, and I’m ready for Sion!

Question regarding his kit though, his first special says that it can’t be resisted. But on his basic it doesn’t when applying Pain, does this mean the basic has a Potency check? (Gotta start farming up his mods!)

That's not what it says... It can't be evaded, it can be resisted. Pain is a debuff, and works like all other debuffs - can be resisted and cleansed.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    I’ve been waiting for this guy for ages! Last time I spent money on this game was Nihilus, and I’m ready for Sion!

That's not what it says... It can't be evaded, it can be resisted. Pain is a debuff, and works like all other debuffs - can be resisted and cleansed.

Ah good catch, thank you.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Definitely gonna get a single hard node when he becomes farmable lol

sadly....

you have to kill him fast.... if he get his pain buff that work like boba your pretty mush screw
  • Seth_Ozzel
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    evoluza wrote: »

you have to kill him fast.... if he get his pain buff that work like boba your pretty mush screw

That's why Sith trooper come with his taunt at the start of the combat now. To prevent Sion from being kill fast.

• Putnam wrote: »
    How will he be released??!

marquee event
  • I wonder how new EP Sith teams that will no doubt pop up will do against CLS rebel teams. They're a pretty AOE heavy squad, and unless you get great RNG with EP stuns, they'll be getting whacked with a ton of counter attacks. Or even worse...on defense your EP gets stunned by Han then the AI has your SiT, DS, and DN all use their AOEs and your squad gets ripped up from all the counter attacks they'd be eating as a result.
  • Does anyone know what bonus Nihilus will get with Sion in the squad?
  • Not yet revealed. I guess they save it for the event.
  • What makes SiT the best tank to pair with him as opposed to GK or ShT?
  • What makes SiT the best tank to pair with him as opposed to GK or ShT?

My initial response to this is that they’re both Sith. SiT would benefit anytime Sion uses a special.
  • They managed to ruin a completely awesome update with a single word...marquee. swgoh was unique in that f2p was viable, but from everything I've gathered today p2w players will dominate for the foreseeable future.

Sion will be good at the unlock star level in arena once geared up. Unless you're wanting to put him in raids, CG is handing everyone a free meta-caliber character out of the box.

I'm not so sure. Sions kit is überwältigt but he may not be viable/an improvement at 3 stars. The game has progressed so far that it is hard to imagine a 3 star g11 tank being any better than say 7* G12 GK. My guess is that before he can be f2p farmed we will have level 90 max-G12 toons and investing in any toon that I couldn't get to that point worries me. Unlike DT and DN his kit doesn't feature any static components. (CD increase is always CD, Deathmark is always Deathmark...) If you are running a flimsy Sion I don't think he will be anything special. A maxed Sion will likely romp though.
  • All I can think of is how many guns and carbs will this guy need?
  • All I can think of is how many guns and carbs will this guy need?

Hopefully less than I have saved up.
  • Sza_Bo
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    All I can think of is how many guns and carbs will this guy need?

+1
  • What does his zeta do?
  • What does his zeta do?

According to the gamechangers videos, inflicts pain on enemies who damage Sion.

Holdo is actually good against EP teams, the AoE daze is huge in preventing TM gain.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

Holdo is actually good against EP teams, the AoE daze is huge in preventing TM gain.

Yeah, it's the reason. I use her. Helps against nightsister tm gains too.
  • When? WHEN?
  • This guy is going to be absurd if you can get his health up to like 60K under ep lead. Just imagine trying to kill that twice when he completely heals himself almost every turn. I wish he wasn't p2p
  • Meta defining character behind a paywall. Way to stay classy CG. I suppose you'll say DS and LS are now balanced.

Gotta love how people like you cry about money! You didn't have to buy the game, you don't have to make purchases to be good in this game, just tales time. I suppose we should ask all devs to make all game free and then they can work with out getting paid. Cry some more or get a better job!
  • Problem for most folks is that he's a marquee character. So getting him up to a reasonable star count will be difficult unless you want to shell out a few hundred dollars. His kit looks ridiculous but it's a pipe dream for me personally. He could be viable at 2 or 3 stars. Time will tell.

Nihilus was a beast a three stars

I think the difference in viability for nihilus and sion is that they both play different roles in the team. Nihilus being support, establishes his abilities as his modus operandi. While Sion, a tank, requires him to take a beating, thus requiring a strong star/stat count. So in theory, while it is possible for nihilus to be viable at 3*, it is less viable for sion to be at 3*, since tankability is linked to star count.