An Ideal Rex Comp In These Trying Times

Prev1
So I've noticed a lot of Rex teams on the top of my launch shard. Looking to beat all the JTR and Palp teams and break into the top 20, and I'm wondering what the best Rex team is at the time, and also with incoming Sion in mind. Looks like the top options are:

Rex, GK, Thrawn, DN, Raid Han/Wampa

Rex, Talzin, KRU, Raid Han, Palp

Rex, Thrawn, GK, Palp, Wampa

Thoughts? Other suggestions? I'm done losing with my hard-earned, beloved Titan team.

Replies

• There is no one specific Rex team. He is, and has been, one of the better leaders in the game no matter the meta.

With a Rex lead, he gives turn meter to himself and his allies when someone is critically hit. Because of this, you do not have to have the fastest mods imaginable since the TM gain helps make up for speed differences.

I've used similar teams to what you've listed, with GK, Thrawn, DN, Wampa, etc. But in general, just make sure you have a taunting tank (like GK or KRU or Baze etc), a big damage dealer (like Wampa, Raid Han, etc) and then it's your choice to mess around with the last 2 to see what works best.
  • If you have a Ventress, Death Trooper or B2; Rex leads become a cakewalk. Anyone with single target dispel on basic or a short cooldown can help as well.
  • If you have a Ventress, Death Trooper or B2; Rex leads become a cakewalk. Anyone with single target dispel on basic or a short cooldown can help as well.

Sion is going to be the exact same with his first Special, AOE buff dispell
  • I'm using Rex, CLS, DN, Thrawn & GK

I do very well with, I sometimes lose on offense versus the fastest Vader if he doesn't crit on his Force Crush
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Rex, GK, Han Solo, Thrawn, r2

This was the most difficult rex lead i have faced.
    This team can still be used to beat CLS, JTR and should be good for empire.

If you dont have thrawn or han solo, dn can work as well, but dn is not as good as han solo and thrawn in controlling the other team. Maybe DN can replace r2
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rex, talzin, kenobi, shore and wampa.
    Beats everything. I've lost with the same reason as metasly though, but that doesn't happen very often.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »

These is strangest team ever heard of. Are these really exist and can work?
  • Rex, cls, han, thrawn, GK - For JTR / palp empire/sith team

Rex, han, zariss, thrawn, shore - For NS team

U can put nihilus in there and still get nice result. I just don't have nihilus ready.
  • Rex, CLS, Zolo, Thrawn, GK is what I use to consistently beat JTR and the new EP teams. He doesn't even have to be that fast. Mine has mediocre mods and I just use Thrawn's TM swap to make him go early. Once you get team tenacity up most of those teams crumble. It's actually a joke how much easier it is to beat a good EP team with this lineup compared to a CLS lead with R2. It doesn't hold that well on defense though because Rex is squishy and people will often take him out before he can get tenacity up.
  • I think Rex, KRU, Sion, and then any 2 of Talzin/EP/Wampa will have no trouble woth any team.
  • I run rex lead , cls, han solo, and thrawn ambyet to find a team other than ns that i cant beat and for ns i either run my oldschool titan team or swap wedge in lead an eat the ns team and switch back asap
  • Rex, 2 good taunters, NS Zombie, Talzin.

Keep everyone off Talzin and watch the plague go to work
  • Rex CLS Thrawn R2 zBarris. anti crit team... for all those that use RaidHan. I have beaten every team with that except much faster teams, and strong GK zBarris teams (above rex team bit light on DPS) that often goes to a tie.
  • zVed wrote: »
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

These is strangest team ever heard of. Are these really exist and can work?

Yes, it does exist, there's someone who uses that, all 7* and g12, and places in top 10 every day. I know because I've been checking this past week to see what Rex teams are most successful. Pretty weird team, but it works somehow. Wampa can also function in Han's place, or Old Ben, believe it or not.
  • Lmao I love all these team comps that have R2, and Rex in them.... Han too. Traya is going to eat them up like the true master she is.

The Sith are coming.
  • Rex
    Wampa
    Talzin
    Shore trooper
    Old Ben
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    Lmao I love all these team comps that have R2, and Rex in them.... Han too. Traya is going to eat them up like the true master she is.

The Sith are coming.

By the time people beat enough heroic Sith raids to unlock Traya, there will probably be a new meta
  • Crowny wrote: »
    Lmao I love all these team comps that have R2, and Rex in them.... Han too. Traya is going to eat them up like the true master she is.

The Sith are coming.

By the time people beat enough heroic Sith raids to unlock Traya, there will probably be a new meta

You mean, like how the meta changed and Kenobi was left in the dark?

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Triple cleanse, Rex, GK, Chaze, DN.
    or
    Rex, GK, Talzin, Zombie, DN/Thrawn.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    Crowny wrote: »

The Sith are coming.

I may be wrong, but I think what they mean is that the answer will be different by the time Traya is around anyway, so that factor is largely irrelevant right now.
  • Lmao I love all these team comps that have R2, and Rex in them.... Han too. Traya is going to eat them up like the true master she is.

The Sith are coming.

...in like a year, haha.

But in all seriousness, let's say the guild is cleared on heroic level by April 1st (to account for delay in raid starting, and a bit of time to figure out the raid, plus having to clear t6 first). If it's anything like the past raids, we will get 6 shards per heroic raid completed, and the character will unlock at 145 shards (5*). We don't yet know how many raid tickets it will take to start a raid, but I see 90k as the minimum. So let's just say you get to raid once ever 3 days, and that your guild starts beating it by April 1st. You would need 25 raids to unlock her, times 3 days, which is 75 days. I would say more like 90 after taking all of the other aforementioned factors into account.

We'll start seeing 5* Traya in arena by July or August. So yes, she is coming...but very slowly, haha. (Not saying any of the things mentioned are bad, just highlighting the wait ahead)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Crowny wrote: »

The Sith are coming.

I may be wrong, but I think what they mean is that the answer will be different by the time Traya is around anyway, so that factor is largely irrelevant right now.

Yea, worrying about traya currently is pointless. You can use teams that potentially get blown out of the water by traya for atleast a couple of months.
    I'm however curious how sion's release will impact the effectiveness of rex in arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Spiro
    58 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Rex, talzin, kenobi, shore and wampa.
    Beats everything. I've lost with the same reason as metasly though, but that doesn't happen very often.

dont both shore and kenobi kill your rex lead advantage? hmm.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    I've run all different combos here lately and done well. Lowest I've dropped is around mid 30s overnight (with KRU in lineup).

Rex / MT / GK / KRU / EP (KRU teams for me seem to drop the most)
    Rex / MT / GK / KRU / Thrawn
    Rex / MT / GK / Thrawn / Wampa (6*/G11/Zeta)
    Rex / MT / GK / EP / Sion
    Rex / Sion / KRU / EP / Wampa
    Rex / MT / DN / Thrawn / Sion (currently running and working best imo)

and probably a few others I've forgotten. As others have stated, you can really use anyone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I myself play Rex, GK, MT, EP and Thrawn.
    I struggle hard with Rex, Sion, Sith Trooper, DN and wampa/EP.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I can’t seem to make my and wampa work, I use rex,gk,thrawn,cls and zolo, tried dropping cls for talzin and while fun, I drop hard :(
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    I run Rex lead, wampa, sion, DN, Thrawn. Can beat every single team with that. All G12 with an average speed of +105. Rarely drop in rank too and it gives EP lead hell on defense.
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    I run Rex lead, wampa, sion, DN, Thrawn. Can beat every single team with that. All G12 with an average speed of +105. Rarely drop in rank too and it gives EP lead hell on defense.

Yeah so all I'd have to do is put a few pieces of gear on Rex, commit a lot of gear to Wampa (which isn't a problem really) and I'd have that team. My question is, does it perform better on offense? Can it handle JTR and Palp teams? I'm assuming it does ok in Rex mirror-ish matches.
  • DarthHanse
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    thats my arena team too. sometimes if i face an extremly fast Vader in a palp squad i put Zolo instead of Wampa and win easily. Against JTR its pure fun. I really like to play with that toons.
    And it holds very good on defense. Only drop from #1 or #2, to maximum #12 over night. Sometimes i put in GK just to have other battles. and im working on MT to have another choice.
    Its really fun to play under Rex (L)!
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »

I think most people with a Sion that is arena viable would just be running an EP lead.

I run the safe squad with Rex, CLS, Zolo, Thrawn, GK.

Wish I ran Rex, Zolo, Wampa, Talzin, KRU like one other guy does in my arena, but all the EP leads target it, as Talzin gets negated pretty hard by EPs lead.