Team with Sun Fac still viable?

SherlockHomeless
10 posts Member
edited February 2018
I'm a fairly new player and recently I stumbled on a post from 2016. Since the game has changed a lot, characters got buffed, others debuffed, I would like to know, if the following team could still do well in the arena:

Old Ben L
Fives
IG-100
Leia
Sun Fac

From what I've read in the character description, Sun Fac seems heckin' awesome, what do you guys think?
PS I'm mostly F2P, maybe 10€ a month but not more

Replies

• Just build pheonix
  • Well everybody's building phoenix, that seems a bit boring to me
  • Those characters, with the exception of old ben and maybe a few Leia here and there (top 50) are non existent. Phoenix start^ then empire
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    At low levels Phoenix and rebels is amazing, strong, and help in many events. Grab boba as well and credit heist is pretty much taken care of as a bonus.
  • Those characters, with the exception of old ben and maybe a few Leia here and there (top 50) are non existent. Phoenix start^ then empire

Yeah I know, zeta Palp, zeta Vader and phoenix are dominating my arena shard, but I don't really want to build up meta squads, I could imagine, that in 6 months or so, the meta will have changed a lot, so chasing it doesn't seem to go hand in hand with my low-budget-style you know

That's why I want to build up some non meta squad, I like the diversity
  • At low levels Phoenix and rebels is amazing, strong, and help in many events. Grab boba as well and credit heist is pretty much taken care of as a bonus.

Well I'm level 74, I'm running a boba L, old Ben, luminara, TFP and ST Han team ATM, they are nearly 7* but I can't get past rank ~250
  • But all suggestions with phoenix and empire aside, has the team named by me still potential?
  • Sadly I don't think so. Only ones really seen anymore are like they said Old Ben and Leia. Fives isn't bad for the Fleet Arena but even then he is more of a secondary ship anymore. If your looking at beating everyone to the punch so to speak maybe work on your Separatist, Bounty Hunters or Tuskens. Those are all due for a rework and non of them are hardly used. However they won't get you very far now.
  • You'll get wooped in arena with that. Not trying to be harsh I just wont be that good. P.S. I love genosians none are arena viable.
  • I don't think so. I think the odd teams are like talzin led, EP, zombie +2 tanks, rex "hide the nihilus", etc
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you forced me to make an arena squad with sun-fac. It would be 88 lead sun-fac gk genosian spy and Vader.
  • Alright guys, thanks for the advice, I bow to the majority
    One last question:
    Boba L, TFP, ST Han, IG 88 and Sun Fac/Old Ben

Viable or not?

If "almost viable", what kind of easy to farm changes would you suggest?
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    If you forced me to make an arena squad with sun-fac. It would be 88 lead sun-fac gk genosian spy and Vader.

Well GK is ages away for me haha
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Alright guys, thanks for the advice, I bow to the majority
    One last question:

Viable or not?

Old Ben is significantly more valuable than Sun Fac in Arena, though Sun Fac's ship is one of only two taunters in fleet battles, and can be very good.

Wedge (L), Biggs, Old Ben, ST Han, and Boba could easily get you under 200 in arena.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I like that you want to use an unusual team in arena, you should, makes it more fun for all. For a while I used a team who was Empire except for a fun combo of Grievous and Chopper. I also liked Grievous so I could not be countered, and with chop I could stun r2, taunt, and buff Grievous. Now I just use a full Empire team for easier farming, but I'll return to them sometime.
    I'm working on SunFac for a counter squad. Maybe with Gar Saxon and other counter attackers.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Alright guys, thanks for the advice, I bow to the majority
    One last question:

Viable or not?

Old Ben is significantly more valuable than Sun Fac in Arena, though Sun Fac's ship is one of only two taunters in fleet battles, and can be very good.

Wedge (L), Biggs, Old Ben, ST Han, and Boba could easily get you under 200 in arena.

Gonna keep that in mind, thanks!
  • SeanutB wrote: »
    I like that you want to use an unusual team in arena, you should, makes it more fun for all. For a while I used a team who was Empire except for a fun combo of Grievous and Chopper. I also liked Grievous so I could not be countered, and with chop I could stun r2, taunt, and buff Grievous. Now I just use a full Empire team for easier farming, but I'll return to them sometime.
    I'm working on SunFac for a counter squad. Maybe with Gar Saxon and other counter attackers.

Yeah I find it pretty disappointing, that, when I refresh 5 times, 80% are phoenix squads, I mean there are so many chars and synergies and only a few are valued that much
    But I guess that's just how the game was designed to be, meta chasing means $$$ haha
  • You dont nees to pay money to get phoenix. Theyre very strong and viable at many modes. You can make counter groups, or even come up with your own, but note that its likely going to be sub optimal if you dont know all the chars too much. Noone said you cant. Being diffetent just comes usually with disadvantages.
  • I personally really (really) like Sun Fac...

He has a tough little ship and has a dispell on basic which makes him gold vs NS teams. He makes a great backup tank for any lineup.
  • You'd think he'd be more viable with counter and dispell on his basic
  • For anti-meta teams, try the videos by Starkiller1.
  • I personally really (really) like Sun Fac...

He has a tough little ship and has a dispell on basic which makes him gold vs NS teams. He makes a great backup tank for any lineup.

Oh does he work well against zombie because he counters and dispells taunt? Will try him next time in TW.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    Well everybody's building phoenix, that seems a bit boring to me

You can take any 5 characters at random like this and have *fun*, but you can't build a team that's a grab bag of legacy characters like this and be *competitive*. If all you're looking to do is have fun, then by all means the 5 you listed sound like a blast. Have at it. :)
  • I've used nightsisters with sun fac as a fifth, it is a lot of fun.
    Hit the gym.
  • Not sure any time that isn't Sith is viable anymore!