Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• 150? ****
  • Can we get the favorite toons removed from the top of the squad selections please? I can see why you put them on the character screen*, but it makes 0 sense to have them at the top of squad selections.

+1. They're favourites so I can farm them, not so I can use them in battle.

• Alkatraz667
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Character rearangement is so kitten i think i will leave the game.. everyone arranged them the way they want anyway before and your auto setup put small charachters behind the tall one.. please restore it so we can set our own arrangement..
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Why didn't you just simplify all that and just add one or five or ten points per successful defense. That would have stopped ties and stopped people from putting up silly defense.
  • Question, how does this stop people from putting absolute garbage in on defense (the reason why most ties happen). It actually incentivize it because you get more points for kicking butt on offense and the same points for setting s crew of seven star lobot type toons on d as you would setting a good defensive team. I understand it makes it easy for the other teams offense but people are definitely gonna want to save all their good characters for offense now to make sure no units die in combat. There for likely ending in ties again. Should have just gave points for successful defense like I posted before. This is wayyyy to convoluted for a game mode. TW was great because it was SIMPLE you just made it a pain in the behind. I know it's too late probably but please rethink this madness
  • Should have made some of the qol add-ons optional too so people could chose not to stick hermit Yoda in front of Vader if that is not the way they want it. As an old school rpger I always set defensive units up front and the mages or support in the back. And I'm used to playing that way.
  • Not getting ability info in Battles. Buffs/ debuffs and abilities for characters are not showing since update. Anyone having this same issue?
  • My phone kicks me out of the game when I try to load it. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, which took over 2.5 hours. Then I try going into the game, and it tries a 15MB download, but kicks me out of the game after 1MB
  • Not getting ability info in Battles. Buffs/ debuffs and abilities for characters are not showing since update. Anyone having this same issue?

Got to press on icon longer to get the info
  • Multi sim for ship challenges and GW not available...c'mon..why say its in update when it's clearly not
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Also, it’s suddenly a pain trying to bring up the tool tips during battle for abilities and buffs. I tap and hold over the icon like usual, and nothing happens. I can sometimes get it to come up if I move my finger around just right while I’m holding it. Not sure how something like that gets messed up in an update.

You just need to hold the icon a bit longer
  • Gordyt77 wrote: »
    Multi sim for ship challenges and GW not available...c'mon..why say its in update when it's clearly not

if they told people that a part of the update is client side and the other part requires a server patch as well people wouldn't post such silly remarks for general amusement :p
  • The QOL Update will most probably go live when the sun comes up in California, after 3 lattè frappachino mocha coffee's and a business lunch or two... Have patience !
    When it's released (and really screws things up), then you can complain..
  • I am yet to see a simmable Galactic War or achievements for TW. All i see is the ugly new loading screen, the amount of shards and gear I have while checking out stores and the ridiculous Favorites first in character overview and before battles...
  • The Devs are probs sleeping now...let them wake up, get to work, then they will push out the main qol update!
  • I wouldn’t mind one from @CG_Leviathan either since he posted the QoL patch. Maybe a gif saying this QoL was just a joke and the real one is coming. Lol
    n4rdr2mj938p.gif

It’s obvious who even worked on this update don’t play swgoh at all. Otherwise, they would have known what the response would be to some of the changes.
  • Aside from the reordering of our squads and favourites being top in the squad selection screen, I like the changes.
  • Generally liking the changes and improvements as well.

Just wondering though - has anyone lost inventory as a result of the update? I had a pile of Mk5 SoroSuubs get turned into a single unit. Probably hard to know, as the only reason I noticed it was because I was tracking inventory outside of the app.

That reminds me - may be an idea that could work well with favorites, perhaps favorite nodes for gear farming?
  • Rhettro wrote: »
    Why didn't you just simplify all that and just add one or five or ten points per successful defense. That would have stopped ties and stopped people from putting up silly defense.

No. It wouldnt. Any team can almost always be crushed by offense, so this wouldnt matter at all
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Rhettro wrote: »

No. It wouldnt. Any team can almost always be crushed by offense, so this wouldnt matter at all

Neither of these things are true and if you were better at the game you would learn the importance of a strong defense and offense balance.
  • KLCS21 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Rhettro wrote: »

Neither of these things are true and if you were better at the game you would learn the importance of a strong defense and offense balance.

Name me one team that holds on defense. Also, i do understand a strong attack/defense balance. But some guilds dont and do junk defense and massive offense. If we implemented a simple check, it almost wpuldnt matter at all. By making a compliactee Tiebreaker, i will be very surpurised if anyone ties accidentally
  • YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    The Devs are probs sleeping now...let them wake up, get to work, then they will push out the main qol update!
    You mean, wake up, close the topic, and copy it to a different forum on a completely different site.

• You mean, wake up, close the topic, and copy it to a different forum on a completely different site.

[/quote]

This! Ever since they started "organizing" the forums a few months ago I can never find anything. Everything used to be right on the main page of general discussion.
    Now if I post something and look away for a second it's gone, never to get answered. Either you have to hunt for it or just give up.
    They should've just left the forums alone
  • Seriously one fun part of the game is to arrange units in your squad to look cool... Auto arrange is an insult to players intelligence.. Please restore manual arrangement.
  • This! Ever since they started "organizing" the forums a few months ago I can never find anything. Everything used to be right on the main page of general discussion.
    Now if I post something and look away for a second it's gone, never to get answered. Either you have to hunt for it or just give up.
    They should've just left the forums alone

Not a huge amount of "organisation" goes on really. Just when, in times such as now, people are flooding the board with new threads on the same subject- every now and then these get merged so as to prevent the board being flooded and overwhelmed with the same topics. It's not a perfect solution but there probably isn't one. Trust me, if stuff didn't get merged then you'd not be able to find anything on the "main page" as you said because pages 1,2,3 and 4 would all be the the "main" pages. It wouldn't work.

Very little is ever "gone". It will be there. An easy way I find to look for replies to things I've posted it to go to my profile page and click on "replies". It's pretty straightforward to find out what's been replied to your posts then.

As I said - there is no easy solution. Doing nothing would lead to a messy, chaotic, flooded board where, I promise, you'd have to really struggle to find anything. I hope you can appreciate this and continue to use the board.

Cheers.

• I don't usually see much value in complaining online, but I created an account just to say this...

Please make the change to unit arrangement something we can opt out of. I had been very specific with how I laid out my teams -- especially my Squad Arena team -- and now they're actually MORE in each other's way.

And retraining the muscle memory so I don't click the wrong guy when time is of the essence will be frustrating and will take a while.

Ugh, this gets even worse. The computer seems to think Obi-Wan and Ezra are the same height, and they will switch positions between waves of the same battle.

When I was having a hard time reaching Chopper behind Kanan, I moved where Chopper was in the lineup. After a few times misclicking while trying to click on Biggs's X-Wing, I moved where it was in the lineup. This feels like a terrible fix to a non-problem because some people would rather complain instead of adjusting their layouts manually.

You are totaly right with this all players I know found that feature completely annoying.. Hope they will rewind soon.. I am a 2 years player and I lost my excitement in playing my squads for 2 reason : reflex and bad looking..
  • I hate the auto-sort by height thing. Throws off my whole rhythm because I had everyone where I wanted them before. I also hate the overload of information in the stores.

But boy oh boy, do I love some of the optimization type stuff that has apparently happened. Maybe it's just me with my older iPhone (6) and old iOS version (8.something), but the game runs smooth as butter now, at least compared to before. It used to stutter and hang EVERYWHERE. Every aspect of the game was slow and tedious. Ships was especially awful. Since the update I've been able to do things in essentially half the time. It's a good thing too, because if they hadn't made the experience better in that way I'd probably have quit playing given the other stuff I don't like in this update.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah that's how it's always been for me (on Android). You'll get over it.

You asked what was changed and I answered you on behalf of the other dude. I wasn’t complaining about this change.

I didn't understand what you were talking about. Someone else said it's an iOS change, which would make sense because on Android it's always been like this for me.

But if you just want to pick a fight with me ok.

I quoted you and replied specifically to that so I thought it was fairly obvious what I was referring to. And it’s not an OS change, my account is now linked on both iOS and Android. I’m seeing the 3+ badge on both OS.

The change was from the update, and I suspect is because people were complaining that they could not see possible ability upgrades for their ships, so they turned on notifications for ability upgrades.

Dude as I said it has always been this way on Android. This update changed the Apple OS so it does it. However I have found a wirk around. Go into your ship area and the character button there will only have the red bubble if gear or upgrade is available
  • Most of the changes I'll be able to adapt to, but one thing that I cannot stand is that now available ability upgrades appear on the characters box. This means that now I cannot tell if I have any gear I can equip my characters, or if any can be promoted, as almost all my characters do not have their abilities fully upgraded to what they could be. I fail to see how this is of any particular improvement to anybody else, as an available ability upgrade is something you are unlikely just to suddenly notice it's available. Instead it just makes things intensely difficult for people like me who have many ability upgrades available. Please please please change this.
    I feel like we had this happen on an upgrade a long time ago and they corrected it, so I am hoping they will do so again. Because getting that 3+ alert on the cantina screen for ability upgrades you are deliberately ignoring as you save up for a zeta upgrade is annoying as heck and as you said makes it difficult to know if you have a pending gear upgrade or star level upgrade available