Character Strategy - Darth Traya

Replies

• You guys notice the gear in the top picture? The right side, particularly?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Looks like Thrawn 2.0. To me Sion actually has the better kit, though she will also be meta.

There is no gear. Someone says that every time. The pic is the same as it has been: a gear.

its always the same dev accounts always show unable to equip gears
  • She looks pretty cool.And fun.

I still don't quite get tho why she bothers juggling three lightsabers around her. Why bother? Surely just use whatever she uses to control the lightsabers instead...

Ignore me lol.

Very cool character for sure!

Dev 1: dude, I love dual wielding and ligthsaber throwing, we have to put that into her image
    Dev 2: bro, she only has 1 hand, how is she going to du...
    DEV 3: YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE LIGHTSABERS
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Traya will kill us all in raging god mode
  • Goodbye CLS.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Goodbye CLS.

Why? He doesn't really attack outta turn, and isolation no different from a fracture... except he can still attack. I dont see it shutting him down as much as JTR
    Goodbye CLS.

Why? He doesn't really attack outta turn, and isolation no different from a fracture... except he can still attack. I dont see it shutting him down as much as JTR

What do you think counter-attacks are? It's kinda his specialty.
    Goodbye CLS.

CLS gives counter chance in his leader ability. Countering is attacking out of turn. I agree goodbye CLS. And his whole rebel scum team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Goodbye CLS.

Isolation doesn't end. It can only be transferred or you have to kill her. Or you die.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Goodbye CLS.

I'm not talking about isolation. Look at her leader ability. Look how much damage characters going against her will do to themselves when they attack out of turn. And as mentioned above, a counter attack is an attack out of turn.

Edit: It will also destroy JTR teams.
  • She is a direct counter to Resistance teams with BB8 and R2, especially if you have a zeta on BB8 and run JTR lead.

She discourages the use of GK who you can find in far too many arena teams as well. Every single one of GK's abilities including his basic attack will hurt your team. Granting foresight? Decrease offense. Granting counter? Decrease offense. Call everyone to assist? Decrease everyone's health by 35% PLUS reduce the offense of the poor sap that gets the offense up boost, essentially negating his offense gain.His unique? Toon that gains crit immunity gets reduced offense. GK will be absolute poison to your team when you face the zTrain.

Think of all the toons that passively grant buffs to allies. There are alot. Not that they matter as much anymore but Chaze would hurt your team as well.

The only team that wouldn't be hurt by the zTrain would be zTalzin nightsister team. Calling defeated ally to resist, that ally is already dead so the health decrease doesn't matter.

I can't think of any other teams out there currently that wouldn't be at a disadvantage against the zTrain.
  • Is there any difference between isolation and fracture? These new toons bringing a lot of new mechanics and abilities gonna get confusing
  • Not really looking forward to this character. Arena was just starting to get fun with multiple viable squads...and now I think we all know what arena is going to look like in the near future..
  • Is there any difference between isolation and fracture? These new toons bringing a lot of new mechanics and abilities gonna get confusing

Fractured toons can still be granted TM and protection gains from say Thrawn's Grand Admiral Command ability. They can't take a turn while Fractured, so they essentially lose a turn even if they have 100% TM.

Isolate prevents protection gains, health gains, health equalization, etc. It is a better version of fracture. However it doesn't reduce speed to 0 and when your turn finally comes around, you can take it. You don't have to wait for Traya to get a turn first.
  • Anyone else super happy JTR (and CLS) are rekt?
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Goodbye CLS.

Isolation doesn't end. It can only be transferred or you have to kill her. Or you die.

I suspect her to be squishy, hence the needed bonus protection. Plus CLS can avoid taunts... I imagine he could kill her pretty quickly.

Now I'm not saying she isn't gonna bring about changes, cause she will, but i just don't expect her to nullify as many toons as people expect. I mean one good rex lead and popping his tenacity cleanse is gonna render a lot of this not so bad.
    Post edited by VirtraThrad on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Goodbye CLS.

I suspect her to be squishy, hence the needed bonus protection. Plus CLS can avoid taunts... I imagine he could kill her pretty quickly.

Now I'm not saying she isn't gonna Bri g about changes, cause she will, but in just don't expect her to nullify as many toons as people expect. I mean one good rex lead and popping his tenacity cleanse is gonna render a lot of this not so bad.

When Rex pops his tenacity cleanse, it reduces everyone's offense by 50%. That's still pretty **** bad.
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    Anyone else super happy JTR (and CLS) are rekt?

Not when its replaced by another giant leap of power creep when arena had just hit a point where it was more diverse than it has been in ages.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Honestly, to me, sion looks better. Her cleanse zeta is ugly it will feed the other squad too much tm. Toons like Tarkin and Vader will eat that up. They have largely useless debuffs that they can just keep reapplying. So to me she looks like a support toon (Ep will out lead her) and you wont zeta her unique. Her Basic and specials look great though. Especially her basic. I would rather not cleanse my team and start stacking 6 or 7 debuffs each time she uses her basic.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Goodbye CLS.

Now I'm not saying she isn't gonna Bri g about changes, cause she will, but in just don't expect her to nullify as many toons as people expect. I mean one good rex lead and popping his tenacity cleanse is gonna render a lot of this not so bad.

Her leader ability (which will still be in effect if she's dead) totally neuters any team based around counter attacks, and assists. Losing 35% health on every counter attack is devastating. Stop imagining how you feel it will affect a match. Go into an arena match, and actually count how many counter attacks happen vs a CLS team.

Also Sion will AoE dispel the tenacity up from Rex right after Rex has destroyed his whole team's offensive output by giving them buffs. That also is part of her lead that will persist. And that's going along with your assumption that she will be easy for CLS to kill even though Treya will have a ton of bonus protection, and will reduce enemy crit chance by 40%. That will make it much harder on crit based attackers like Rebels. Also JTR is completely and totally dependent on landing crits for her exposes.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Anyone else super happy JTR (and CLS) are rekt?

Not when its replaced by another giant leap of power creep when arena had just hit a point where it was more diverse than it has been in ages.

@GildoMcFlay
    I dont expect people to really have her for another 3 months at least, which leaves time for potential new characters to rise as well. And it seems NS would still do pretty good against her anyway.

But youre right it definitely is some power creep. However, thats gonna happen no matter what, just look at CLS's release and to an extent JTR before EP zeta. Same thing. Improvements over those two however?

1: Shes Darkside
    2: Her animations look cool
    3: Sith has been a pretty underwhelming yet extremely popular faction most of the game, that changes now.
    4: Shes a raid character
    5: She counters GK and Rex pretty hard, and Im far from being the only guy totally sick of those two.

• By the time it's possible to have her 7 starred ls power creep will catch up anyway
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Olddumper

I wouldn't understimate her lead. That crit avoidance is probably gonna be bigger than it sounds. More importantly, Tarkin and Palp buff their squad which is gonna neuter their offense (or cancel out offense up at least).

And looking at her unique, if youre gonna mass debuff the sith triumvirate like you would with a Palp team, that could potentially be a recipe for being 1-Shot by her, depending on her damage.

Edit: On the subject of Traya lead vs Palp lead, Its also worth noting that daze does nothing against traya lead but quite a lot vs palp.
    Post edited by MrGrips on
    @Olddumper

I wouldn't understimate her lead. That crit avoidance is probably gonna be bigger than it sounds. More importantly, Tarkin and Palp buff their squad which is gonna neuter their offense (or cancel out offense up at least).

And looking at her unique, if youre gonna mass debuff the sith triumvirate like you would with a Palp team, that could potentially be a recipe for being 1-Shot by her, depending on her damage.

Her leader pretty much kills jtr led teams and teams with r2. That critical chance will get canceled out and those debuffs will stick for a while longer and jtr teams won’t be exposing as much. Also bb8, han, and cls rebels countering will hurt themselves more.
    5: She counters GK and Rex pretty hard, and Im far from being the only guy totally sick of those two.

She counters everything hard though, which is my complaint.

I thought the devs learned their lesson after making CLS so dominant. Most the reworks and new characters we got since then have seemed to keep a lid on it. JTR didn't dominate to the extent CLS did, NS have been present but not really overwhelming, EP/DV have popped their head into the meta recently...things were actually getting fun.

My top 50 right now has CLS, JTR, MT, AV, GK, Rex, and EP leads all making an appearance...more diverse than I ever recall seeing it. Most of those squads are going to become irrelevant in the very near future. I don't care what faction or how cool looking they are is responsible...it makes arena painfully stupid when all you do is fight some slight variation of the same 5 teams over and over every day.

So what if we get something to counter it before arena becomes complete garbage again...then we're back to a 2 squad meta instead of what we have now? That is still a massive step backwards.

She counters everything hard though, which is my complaint.

I thought the devs learned their lesson after making CLS so dominant. Most the reworks and new characters we got since then have seemed to keep a lid on it. JTR didn't dominate to the extent CLS did, NS have been present but not really overwhelming, EP/DV have popped their head into the meta recently...things were actually getting fun.

My top 50 right now has CLS, JTR, MT, AV, GK, Rex, and EP leads all making an appearance...more diverse than I ever recall seeing it. Most of those squads are going to become irrelevant in the very near future. I don't care what faction or how cool looking they are is responsible...it makes arena painfully **** when all you do is fight some slight variation of the same 5 teams over and over every day.

So what if we get something to counter it before arena becomes complete garbage again...then we're back to a 2 squad meta instead of what we have now? That is still a massive step backwards.

There will be a couple of months before anyone unlocks her, so anything could be released to compete with her before then
  • Shes the raid reward?
    Yes
  • “Traya inflicts all debuffs on allies to target enemy for 1 turn.”

Debuffs from her allies, or the enemy’s allies?