Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• I had to wash my shorts three times today!
  • They did say very clearly, explicitly, and unambiguously that the raid would be coming with the QOL update, and it would make no sense to keep saying all month that great things were coming this month if none of it actually came this month except the EP and Vader update and Sith Marauder. They really did more than give the impression that it would be today. They outright said it would be today, more than once.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    And they said in the same post (even the same paragraph) that there would be more information and announcements about the raid, which never happened until today. So it's been quite obvious for a while now that the raid would not launch today.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Kinda miss the game update status post, even a little note saying some features/events/new raid you are looking forward to is delayed would be better. There has been no real community engagement today apart from "here's some videos and now you can SIM more stuff". Guess Kozi is on holiday, she hasn't been on since the 23rd.
  • False. They outright said it would come with the quality of life update later this month. It's as late as you can in fact get in the month, and we're getting the QOL, so if they were being honest then we should be getting the raid today. They also said numerous times that the stuff happening this month would be on the level of what happened last February, and it's the Sith stuff and the raid that they were hyping as the content this month that they were talking about. So it's rank dishonesty to say all that the way they did (and explicitly say it was coming with the QOL update later this month) if none of it was ever coming this month. I'm usually quick to defend Kozi and the DEVs in general. This is the kind of awful communication that, if I were evaluating my employees whose job it is to communicate, I would be firing someone.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Parableman wrote: »
    False. They outright said it would come with the quality of life update later this month. It's as late as you can in fact get in the month, and we're getting the QOL, so if they were being honest then we should be getting the raid today.

Read what I wrote again, and read this again.
    The raid will come out with our upcoming Quality of Life update. Expect to see some more updates on what the content will look like – and please keep an eye on forum announcements for more details!

I never said they did not say the raid was coming today. The QoL was scheduled for today, so yes, they said the raid would come today. They also said we would get more updates and announcements. It has been clear for several days now that the raid would not come today because the updates and information had not yet come and there was no way they would provide that and the actual raid on the same day.

So keep your "false."
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    In CG_Carrie's "The Road Ahead" post she specifically states that the raid and QoL update will come out together. FWIW.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Parableman
    642 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So wait, your claim now is that, because they didn't give info yesterday when they said they would, somehow that means they couldn't be giving the raid today? That simply doesn't follow. And it's not days. It wasn't until yesterday that we knew the info wasn't coming until today. At most it was one day, and even that doesn't require that it couldn't be today. We had every reason to expect the raid today, and if it's not coming today, they're at fault for setting people's expectations to that and then not telling us otherwise. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if we don't get the raid today, and they are entirely at fault for that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So wait, your claim now is that, because they didn't give info yesterday when they said they would, somehow that means they couldn't be giving the raid today? That simply doesn't follow. And it's not days. It wasn't until yesterday that we knew the info wasn't coming until today. At most it was one day, and even that doesn't require that it couldn't be today. We had every reason to expect the raid today, and if it's not coming today, they're at fault for setting people's expectations to that and then not telling us otherwise. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if we don't get the raid today, and they are entirely at fault for that.

Pump the breaks. I think TVF agrees with you - he was just stating that the raid likely ISN'T coming today. The radio silence on...well, pretty much everything, until today was simply proof of that point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Maybe they're just waiting til late to push it? Idk, I interpreted the post as the raid will be released today, if they learned from the AAT raid, they should have had it tested and ready to go with a solid date "confirmed"
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    edited March 2018

It's not my claim now, I've stated it several times in the past few days.

I said it was extremely unlikely the raid would launch today based on the post which promised more than just the raid, and because the rest of the information failed to materialize prior.

If you can't or won't follow the logic on that, I'm done talking with you. Especially because it doesn't matter anyway. The raid did not come. Just as I have been saying it wouldn't. I've said nothing about whether or not it should annoy or disappoint people.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    In CG_Carrie's "The Road Ahead" post she specifically states that the raid and QoL update will come out together. FWIW.

Yes I know and she also said watch for information and updates. In the same paragraph. I posted it directly from that Road Ahead post. My point all along was that since we had not gotten the promised information and updates leading up to the 28th, there was no reason to believe the raid would launch on the 28th. That's it.

I'm not sure why this is confusing.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Maybe they're just waiting til late to push it? Idk, I interpreted the post as the raid will be released today, if they learned from the AAT raid, they should have had it tested and ready to go with a solid date "confirmed"

Anything's possible I guess. Seems unlikely at this point though.
  • Got to tell ya, I super excited about a new raid coming and this crap below is yet to be fixed.

5JvShqk.jpg
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    What's the problem there?
  • Is there a reason why is this achievement is not also retrospective like the total number of wins?

Our guild has cleared the whole board before and we havent been awarded the achievement.

Anyone here been awarded this?

Can anyone confirm... was this achievement present before the last update?

We've cleared board in entirety and won at least twice.

We cant work out if weve been given the achievement before and its erroneously reappeared with the last update.

Or... if its a new achievement and just hasnt been retrospectively been achieved like other TW achiements that were added (total number of wins) have been.
  • TVF wrote: »
    What's the problem there?

Its frozen, never experiences it myself but basically they cant beat the battle because it's just crashed basically.

Also, where is the rest of this update like the raid and all? Really wanna try it out soon!
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Curious, I had thought that the new Nightsisters and Wicket(I believe just him) were to be released as farmable or something with this update.

Did I misinterpret something, or is that no longer happening(since the events are coming in March) or are they just delayed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yes I know and she also said watch for information and updates. In the same paragraph. I posted it directly from that Road Ahead post. My point all along was that since we had not gotten the promised information and updates leading up to the 28th, there was no reason to believe the raid would launch on the 28th. That's it.

I'm not sure why this is confusing.

It's not confusing. Relax. Stop being defensive. I was agreeing with you. :D

• Well, given the lack of further input by the devs, I’m holding on to a slim hope of at least getting the toons at 8pm eastern.
  • Haruk wrote: »
    Curious, I had thought that the new Nightsisters and Wicket(I believe just him) were to be released as farmable or something with this update.

Did I misinterpret something, or is that no longer happening(since the events are coming in March) or are they just delayed.

Wicket and Talzin I swear were made 'farmable' only in shipments, not on a node?
  • Well, given the lack of further input by the devs, I’m holding on to a slim hope of at least getting the toons at 8pm eastern.

Tbh I don't think we're getting the marquees til the end of the week/early next week, from what game changer videos have said
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm sure we would all rather have a raid with fewer bugs, so waiting a week or so is preferable. Why can't we get information on the other parts of the update, as asked dozens of times?

I also am still a little bothered by the bait and switch of Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper. Usually the login character of the month has in some way a connection to an update or event. Many of us were already farming the Sith because of Revan rumors. So I spent a month working on Assassin only to discover it was Trooper I should have been farming. This is pretty kitteny.

Edits: typos
  • It's not that it's delayed. It's that no one at CG can honestly admit it and just say that it's delayed. Instead, we just get a hint at it with a line about the raid being upcoming, with no one coming out and apologizing for misleading us with all they hype about this month being way better than last February, when in reality it's been almost as disappointing as January, and that's really saying something. I have two top players ready to quit the game who are just holding on because of this raid, and I've been telling them it was today, and they just had to hold on this long to see if the game is going to be worth continuing to play. Both of them spend real money but feel like the game has gotten stale. This is the kind of awful communication that leads paying players to quit the game. Two guys in my guild are right on the edge, and being promised something that doesn't come, with no word at all that it's not coming or anything at all could push them over the edge.
  • Yarrg
    17 posts Member
    "soon"
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Open the bronzium. It's so blazing fast now without lag. Well u better do that before they do something wrong and we return to previous condition (heavy lag bronzium) :grimace:
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    I had the same thought and installed an auto clicker to do just that. Well worth it.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Cesium wrote: »
    I had the same thought and installed an auto clicker to do just that. Well worth it.

Gotta do that fast bcause they have tendency mess up with things :lol:
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Can we at least get a shout out or something if we all can stop waiting on Sion and/or the raid today. I mean the update forum post for the 28th says they’re all coming, it was totally hyped in Feb by Kozi, and it was expressly said (for the raid at least) that it would be dropping with the QoL. I understand problems pop up unexpectedly and stuff happens that slows things down. Everyone does. But completely shutting down communication on something so huge that everyone’s waiting on is bad form imo. Just would only take a second. “Heya star boys and girls! Sion’s marquee event and the Raid needed some fine tuning so now we’re shooting for March 8th! Sorry about the delay but we would rather deliver you complete and working content a little late than broken content on a deadline.. Stay Tuned!” Like that’s it... all it would take. No biggie. Show us a little respect and open those communication lines up a little.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • In before a Mod tells you that "the devs are under no obligation to tell you anything other than what they want."

They don't like it when you ask them to relay information to you based on either breaking news or their previous statements.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.