Character Strategy - Darth Traya

Replies

• LGuy_21 wrote: »
    “Traya inflicts all debuffs on allies to target enemy for 1 turn.”

Debuffs from her allies, or the enemy’s allies?

Pretty sure it means it takes all the debuffs on all allies and inflicts them on your target.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Lmao as lead give +40% crit avoidance. In unique if nihilus/sion critically hit gain 12% offence.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    LGuy_21 wrote: »

Pretty sure it means it takes all the debuffs on all allies and inflicts them on your target.

Similar to a reverse Cassian.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • LGuy_21 wrote: »

That seems to be referring to her allies, so the more debuffs on your team, the more debuffs inflicted to the enemy. If its the enemies allies then this ability may be a bit OP. Imagine her under Vader leading adding like 20 stacks of DoT to the enemy.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    There will be a couple of months before anyone unlocks her, so anything could be released to compete with her before then

Its still terrible...you know pretty much whatever your working on during that time period, if it isn't Sith or potentially something else massively power creeped that comes out between now and then, is going to get pooped all over soon as the Traya unlocks start.

When CLS came around a second time a lot of people who missed him the first time were like YESSSS FINALLY!!! When JTR comes around a second time people who missed her the first time are gonna be like "Don't care I have Traya, JTR already power creeped out of the arena."

I'm just not seeing how having so many other characters that are also long, involved farms all getting wrecked by this one is something one could put a positive spin on. Should Traya be good? Yeah no doubt. Do I want to see an arena character take >50% of the pie on the meta report? No, but this one is going to do it.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    There will be a couple of months before anyone unlocks her, so anything could be released to compete with her before then

Its still terrible...you know pretty much whatever your working on during that time period, if it isn't Sith or potentially something else massively power creeped that comes out between now and then, is going to get pooped all over soon as the Traya unlocks start.

When CLS came around a second time a lot of people who missed him the first time were like YESSSS FINALLY!!! When JTR comes around a second time people who missed her the first time are gonna be like "Don't care I have Traya, JTR already power creeped out of the arena."

I'm just not seeing how having so many other characters that are also long, involved farms all getting wrecked by this one is something one could put a positive spin on. Should Traya be good? Yeah no doubt. Do I want to see an arena character take >50% of the pie on the meta report? No, but this one is going to do it.

I agree 100%, this meta right now is more diverse than ever and its great. I'm just hoping that in between now and everyone unlocking Traya that there will be something that won't make her the only dominant thing in Arena.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Placeholder

You've misspelled mic drop.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So wouldn't it be easier to say Isolation = nothing good can happen on units turn or to isolated unit out of turn?

Only thing i can think of happening is Nightsisters using nonattack and inflicting plague, if the unit can even use nonattacks
    And even then only daka or talia has 1 move like that.

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

RacerDejak wrote: »
    Lmao as lead give +40% crit avoidance. In unique if nihilus/sion critically hit gain 12% offence.

Lol this is pretty funny.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Lmao as lead give +40% crit avoidance. In unique if nihilus/sion critically hit gain 12% offence.

@Olddumper Won't be any good put her as lead. But maybe will benefit if put her as team member with nihilus/sion.

But i doubt that, since most arena fill with palp team now, which team gonna do crit? palp team doing special damage with low crit chance base, cls/rebel/titans/JTR team already decimated by new palp vader rework. Unless thrawn do fracture, there's chance it will be crit :dizzy:
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

True. Clearly anti Rey and CLS. But hopefully, people will need time to get her because she'll be only farmable in the new raid. And the time the first people will have her, CG will deliver a new OP toon that maybe could counter her.
    Nice kit btw.
  • Fantastic job with her kit and animations (especially saber storm)! 拍手
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018

@Olddumper Won't be any good put her as lead. But maybe will benefit if put her as team member with nihilus/sion.

But i doubt that, since most arena fill with palp team now, which team gonna do crit? palp team doing special damage with low crit chance base, cls/rebel/titans/JTR team already decimated by new palp vader rework. Unless thrawn do fracture, there's chance it will be crit :dizzy:

@RacerDejak
    Don't forget that her lead also has -50% offense when enemies get a buff, and Palp does a couple team-wide buffs, and other empire like Tarkin if they choose to run him.

I also think her daze on basic will be effective against palp teams, but not so much Traya lead teams, since they dont really gain TM. And her unique also triggers when Nihilus/Sion are debuffed. One opponent Vader force crush gives +36% offense to her if it doesn't count multiple debuffs at the same time. But if it does, then thats around +100% offense or more! That may be enough for her to beat a palp lead imo.

And I think its likely her lead will keep her Sith tanks up better than palp's lead, as healing outside their own turns will really make a difference.
  • RIP Hermit Yoda. Such an exclusive and expensive toon getting utterly useless in Arena.
    Traya seems indeed OP. She pretty much obliterates the huge majority of every possible compositions: buffers, critters, even debuffers, assisters.
    I always like to farm the anti-meta, it is just not so easy this time to figure out what is worth investing in :cold_sweat:

But I guess other teams will catch up, eventually.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Traya . . . LOL! What next? Darth Trixie? Darth Tricia and Tonya? Good lord, what a bad name.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2170 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Chagoth wrote: »
    Traya . . . LOL! What next? Darth Trixie? Darth Tricia and Tonya? Good lord, what a bad name.

traya... you know final boss of KOTOR 2?
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member

Oh please, I’d love to see you come up with a more fitting name for the lord of betrayal
  • The best part of the ragetrain is yet to come: when only 1% of guilds can actually finish the raid on release, nobody seems to care how available those shards will be, just to rage about the kit
  • I think Zader with Wampa and maybe Sidius will do considerable damage to Traya teams due to her unique. But then she inflicts all DoTs on a single enemy... RIP
    934-111-319
  • But we want the Death Watch, Jango Fett or Darth Revan!
  • Pauper
    11 posts Member
    Noataq wrote: »

Oh please, I’d love to see you come up with a more fitting name for the lord of betrayal

Darth Backstab?
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    And I think its likely her lead will keep her Sith tanks up better than palp's lead, as healing outside their own turns will really make a difference.

EP vs Traya? I think Traya vs Traya is going to be what you need to start theory crafting around lol.
  • This new character is great. EA perfectly understand Darth Traya personality. All of her ability are selected right, just look at this unique “COMPASSION IS WEAKNESS” . (At the start of each Sith ally's turn, Traya dispels all debuffs on them and deal damage equals to 5% of their Max Health for each debuff dispelled.) She help her sith ally but if they fail too much Traya just kill them… like a Lord of Betrayal should do. And if someone may say that She is too op just remember what she can be countered be zVaider or zPalpi( bonus movement speed from debuffs) and in some way Ray with her debuffs and healing immunity…
  • And just one thing i would like too see is Darth Nihilus bonuses from playing in team with Triumvirat like Traya and Sion have.
  • Focalaus wrote: »
    And just one thing i would like too see is Darth Nihilus bonuses from playing in team with Triumvirat like Traya and Sion have.

I’m fairly certain that the game changers said that they’re reworking nihilus’s unique ability to work with Sion and Traya
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Chaoscore wrote: »
    I think Zader with Wampa and maybe Sidius will do considerable damage to Traya teams due to her unique. But then she inflicts all DoTs on a single enemy... RIP

It would only be 1 dot
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »

EP vs Traya? I think Traya vs Traya is going to be what you need to start theory crafting around lol.

EP lead will still be the standard before Traya lead even gets moving DN will be set to blow somebody up under EP. Traya as a support will help get DN rolling. You will be playing down a toon from the start.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    Noataq wrote: »

Um, anything is better than Traya so, yeah.
  • yes well i need to mention as well that the animation is great and the kit creatively fits her legacy. we shall see just how effective she will be.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    MrGrips wrote: »

EP lead will still be the standard before Traya lead even gets moving DN will be set to blow somebody up under EP. Traya as a support will help get DN rolling. You will be playing down a toon from the start.

The team you're thinking of beating Traya lead with is EP(L) , Nihilus,Sion,Traya,Vader right? Thats only one tank protecting your Nihilus. Could be problematic, especially since you're turbocharging the enemy's Traya.

EP isn't very useful himself in this matchup, so IMO his team starts sort of down one. Traya lead gets to have a more useful fifth... wonder who that should be.