New Raid First Reactions Thread [Discussion]

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Tauriel77 wrote: »
    Hello,
    me again. That's all fine by me, but then are the minimum settings which are neede for every tier not correctly written down.
    It's fine by me if Tier 6 and Tier 7 are challenging for those who wanted some challenge in the game, but when they write on Tier 5, needed Top II or III mods, then it's not just/correct in my opinion..

That's what I meant. by my original post.

So play t3 or smth.

Just my opinon
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    image.png
  • Options
    yes thx for the good advice. ;-)

we are going to start from scrap an move forward, then.^^ ;-)

your comment was very helpful (not), thank you.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Hello,
    me again. That's all fine by me, but then are the minimum settings which are neede for every tier not correctly written down.
    It's fine by me if Tier 6 and Tier 7 are challenging for those who wanted some challenge in the game, but when they write on Tier 5, needed Top II or III mods, then it's not just/correct in my opinion..

That's what I meant. by my original post.

It depends on perspective though.

When it says Tier6 is meant for “g11, 5-dot mods” for example, what does that mean to you?
    Should your g11 modded team be able to solo it?
    Should one g11 team be able to do 20%/phase?
    Or should a guild of 50 people with 5 good g11 modded teams be able to finish the tier 6 within 1 day? 2 days?

Not to mention, we all know that there can be no blanket statement. You can’t say that a g11 team with mods should be able to do x %. Obviously an ugnaught led mob enforcer team will do less than a synergistic jtr led team. So a part of success in this raid lies in finding the right teams for each phase.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Also remember what raids are intended to be:
    They are intended to be challenging content that requires your entire 50-person guild to contribute to and work together to beat. With that in mind, the character gear/mod suggestions seem appropriate.
    Solo’ing the raids is an unintended side effect of power creep.

Final thought: This raid seems more appropriate than aat did when it was first released.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    When I weakened sith marauder with the unbreakable will, I expected the buff would go to whoever killed them. So I used my kylo to do it. But when kylo killed him my FO stormtrooper got, is it randomly assigned or is it supposed to go to whoever killed the unbreakable will holding enemy?
  • Options
    Mutil-day new raid will be fine with current difficulty if the challenge gears and rewards are not the same as HAAT !
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    HAAT also broke up a lot of guilds...hopefully the same thing doesn’t happen with this one.
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    Options
    payot wrote: »
    I had the same thing twice: https://i.imgur.com/aRdEb0x.png

I had the same thing happen on my runs as well, the damage done didn't equal the damage registered, cant Imagine that's WAI protection or not.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    yes thx for the good advice. ;-)

we are going to start from scrap an move forward, then.^^ ;-)

your comment was very helpful (not), thank you.

1. Youre welcome
    2. I m serious. If you re guild is undeveloped to the point where t5 seems impossible, go do t3, damnit.
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It’s new and hard, but in 6 months we’ll be whining about needing a new tier or some crap. I like it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Ooba hutar.
  • Boofpoof
    337 posts Member
    Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    HAAT also broke up a lot of guilds...hopefully the same thing doesn’t happen with this one.

Dont think we will see it like in the past. With TB/TW and guild GP counting heavily there will be some inevitable jumps to whaleish guilds who will shamelessly advertise they are farming heroic Sith raids. But I dont see the mass exodus as we did in the early HAAT days
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Well he's annoying for sure, but if you kill his minions the protection stays down so you can actually damage him. If you only focus on him and leave the minions up you'll see the purple (it shows as purple for me not blue) protection bar keep bouncing up. As an example I hit him with raid Han. His first hit knocked the purple bar down. his second hit caused him to gain protection. 0 actual damage done. Frustrating for sure. I then took out his minions and tried again. This time I hurt him. I'm not saying you can't cause damage without killing his minions, but you will be in the vicinity of 1,000's as opposed to 100,000's, but most likely 0
  • Options
    You need G12s and a lot of offense. I’m betting FO would be badass for this too.
  • Options
    r2 hid all but one, and apparently it doesn't matter.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    If you were able to read you'd know that it's random.
    Well I'd assume that'd be the kind of thing they put into raid details

Not a bad idea, i passed it up the chain.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    You need G12s and a lot of offense. I’m betting FO would be badass for this too.

@DEATHCOYOTE 700k damage.
  • AndyG_Doh
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My sith team (zNihilus, zZader, dooku, EP & Maul) just hit the 1st stage for 200,000... I just focussed on nihilus and let the aoe to knock back the minions.. keeping the purple bar from appearing means all hits score for your team.. they are G10 or G11
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1.8 M damage with ZPalp,Thrawn,Death Trooper,Tarkin and Vader. Inflict Deathmark ASAP,try to use always Palp to shield since with his second special he gets all his life back plus gives Health Steal to everyone that makes a massive difference.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    image.png
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Deleted
    Post edited by Icebringer92 on
  • Options
    Just did like 1.6M but with my arena team and high gear/mods. I messed up the shield timing at one point which is key to absorb the annihilate. Also need to bring in a healer or someone with a heal like Shore Trooper. Get the feeling like we're not meant to breeze through this one. Needs to be team/guild effort as TM reduction doesn't seem to be happening - maybe a little on Thrawn fracture. Only way to get max hits in is to heal and time the shield up with annihilate.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Basic attacks from your characters with defense down heal Darth Nilihus's protection, so if your character has defense down, you either need to use a special or unique attack or attack one of the minions on the side. I have seen score of over 8 million damage in Tier 6 phase 1 using JTR Lead with BB*, as her heal immunity prevents the protection recovery and cannot be resisted.
  • Options
    Good its hard. Fun with a challange.
    Whiners above complaing to hard first day are spolied with autoraids with OP toons.
    Good guilds with smart persons now can theoricraft and strategize.
  • Options
    Personally I managed a run with 1.1 mil, 800K, 540k, 430k, and then 46K (lol) <--- but with that 46K I want past enrage for three rounds - which was... bizarre.

I just need to get the rest of my blokes doing about the same and we'll be well on the curve.

There's definitely going to be a learning curve - that I thought I was doing SO much damage and went past enrage for 3 turns on my last go but it was actually my least damage is a little bit of a kitten, I'm not into spinning my wheels and wasting time, but still, I'm okay with it being a little different and this is the first run of it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I believe that I read in the raid details that the ability goes to your "tankiest" toon. Not exactly sure what that means but I figured it to be the character with the greatest health/protection pool
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    wrong post - my bad
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    wrong post - my bad
    What a weird and useless comment lol
  • Options
    We are noticing many members posting good scores for total but when you add the individual scores it doesn't add up at all.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327816336413556737/419070648413847552/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411662340925292544/419098875756806144/Screenshot_20180302-062424.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411662340925292544/419139916598083584/Screenshot_20180302-083056.png

Can we get an explanation of how the damage is calculated? Is this a bug or what are we missing?
  • Options
    My only issue is that it seems like JTR is truly needed for phase 1. If our guild only had a handful to 10 - we are screwed until next time she shows up. Would love another JTR event soon. :) love the difficulty. My titan team barely did 300k...lol