Sith Raid feedback

Replies

• FieldL
    96 posts Member
    This is... biased... you can’t beat it so it’s bad... oh people....
  • My guild launched T6 to see what kind of challenge this is, wow. Just wow. I think we totaled about 10 million and it seems like nothing.

2 personal bests on T6 were using NS (Talzin, Asajj, Daka, Talia) and Thrawn. I landed 1.2M with that set up. Then Sith (Palp, Vader, DN, Savage, Trooper) who got me about 520K.

Other 3 attempts we abysmal and not even worth mentioning.

I don't mind the difficulty at the moment, kind if looking forward to the challenge. I think as far as a guild event this is great as far as the objective it gives the whole guild.

We've decided though we're abandoning it. Bit off way more than we can chew.
  • it's like they learned nothing from the HAAT initial rollout. mindblowingly awful experience. i'm at a loss for words.

how so? any feedback to improve? what do you not like? Without this it is useless.

Personally this roll out is way better than tank in the actual raid. Our guild will be able to get through a T6 (127m GP) before we max on tickets depending on P4 progress. We are already into P3 with a fair amount of attacks left today. Yes the health is high, but damage done is higher and seems like a better balance between the two. Yes P1 is annoying with the annihilate and protection, but read the description and far from impossible. If you cannot get a T6, maybe try a lower tier, at least this time they gave us that option. Need to find the right tier that your guild can clear. A lot of mechanics to learn yet.

Now the drop to the game, even with the delays it was way better with the hints, info and everything given so we could think plan better. This was way to much SURPRISE? I know they hinted with the QOL drop, but everything from the gamechangers, and stuff earlier this week made it feel further out. Some communication from the dev team even if its just the plan would have been nice.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    T6 will be overtune with HP. It's been that way since rancor.
    Hit the gym.
  • Is anyone noticing DN attack out of turn? Or when his TM hasn't filled?

I've seen it a couple times now. He's fired of annihilate with about 1/2 his TM missing. WAI? It makes timing that special a bit of a pain.

I also had a team out and was down to 3 left. He annihilated 1, then did the cool down reduction special (drawing a blank on the name), then annihilated a 2nd.

That can't be working right can it?
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    How exactly is this an unbiased opinion?
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

But that doesn't mean the whole thing is broken.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?
    Try using something unusual or different.

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)

I wasn't trying to "teach [you] how to use the mind and how to think outside the box". I was in fact suggesting that just because what you always do seems not to work, maybe you should just do something else instead of instantly declaring it to be broken.

If you're playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and you keep playing Rock do you immediately declare Paper is broken because playing Rock is the most fun and it's not entertaining to play Scissors?

I love conversations, but when You dont read what i wrote with understanding, but trying to to force your way of thinking, i am getting bored very fast. You didnt even get it that broken is not couse of the team setup, but timing. So wish You to keep focused and good luck

You accuse me of missing your point but I think you are missing mine.

If you try different squads and different tactics, maybe you would do more damage. Then if everyone in your Guild does that, it won't take months to defeat after all. Suddenly the time taken (which is what you seem to be most concerned about) will drop and your concern will lessen.

If you stick to the tactics you have tried so far, it will take ages. I understand that.
    But you don't seem to want to consider that maybe that means you should try a different tactic.

Raid is 100% broken. T4 recommends g8. right? I ran 2 teams all g10, full zeta and barely did 4% damage....

As I have acknowledged twice before in this thread, yes the "Intended For" guidelines are definitely off and are not a reliable guide. :smile:

This does not equate to "broken".

the guide and the gameplay in that particular Tier go hand in hand with each other.Meaning.....its broken.....How can you not see that?

The raid is end game content. If you did 4% that isn't bad dmg. If everyone in your guild did 4%, time 50 members, that's 200 percent in one day. That's two phases. That's a two day completion of the raid, and that sounds like a working system to me.
  • I'm having a blast with the new raid, It's a whole new puzzle to solve! As a community, we were getting way too complacent with the current raids. When players can solo multiple stages of HAAT, it's time for something new. Yes, there are a few things that will have to be amended by the Devs going forward but we can't seriously expect them to get it perfect on Day 1.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The total hp feels pretty high, but otherwise I think I like this raid. I'm going to spend the day thinking up teams that don't need buffs so I don't have to bother with Nihilus getting protection back.

I'm thinking droids with BB8 for the initial TM kickstart, and only using Illuminated Destiny to clear out trash mobs when they get resummoned.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    Is anyone noticing DN attack out of turn? Or when his TM hasn't filled?

I've seen it a couple times now. He's fired of annihilate with about 1/2 his TM missing. WAI? It makes timing that special a bit of a pain.

I also had a team out and was down to 3 left. He annihilated 1, then did the cool down reduction special (drawing a blank on the name), then annihilated a 2nd.

Possibly a result of DN gaining speed every time he takes damage. He gains +30 speed every time he takes damage.
  • JANX
    16 posts Member
    DasMurich wrote: »
    Is anyone noticing DN attack out of turn? Or when his TM hasn't filled?

I second your statement. DN goes on 1/2 TM. Not every time. But it happens. Maybe some attack count makes him go out of turn like HAAT Grievus after 10th hit.Only in this case DN does not gain full TM because of some kind visual glitch.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Oh--I would also add that I like the challenge of Nihilus being immune to Tenacity Down, but that with his ultra high base tenacity it's frustrating to see him shrug off even the most trivial debuffs like Defense Down or Speed Down (normally strong but considering how much bonus speed he gets it's not that important).

If it gets retuned in a couple months once you have more user experience data, can you consider lowering the base tenacity to allow for things like DoTs and Thermal Detonators and Defense Down, but maybe add more immunities so things like turn meter reduction don't get out of hand.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Raid is likely WAI. It's supposed to be tough, very tough. Throw a 4-zeta Ewok team at them and get crushed. Think RHan's insane damage will take down DN in a few turns? Err, not exactly. Spam basics to get that little bit of extra damage? Uh oh, somebody didn't read the in-game guide first.

I like it so far. It's tough, but remember it's been out for just over half a day. Strategies will emerge, your team isn't as bad as you think it is and before long your guild will be running Heroic version and getting shards. (Okay, in fairness, you probably have to be in a pretty solid guild to run Heroic).

I wasn't playing when Rancor/HAAT were introduced so I can only use the analogy of character releases. The day after JTR is released "she's okay but doesn't change the meta". A week later, JTR is pretty much the meta. After the DV and EP reworks, I quote our friend Ahnald: "They're not good." Couple of days later "Okay, they're not too bad." A week later, not the meta yet but ... notice any siths in your arena shard lately? And of course, sion was just released.

See the pattern? We'll figure out this raid just like everything else in this game.
  • The first phase is all about timing. Making sure to use the special right before he annihilates. Then having a heal ability on deck to use right after he annihilates. Also applying any debuffs right after he attacks is important when his tenacity is at its lowest. Another good one is saving specials for when the minions are defeated, and using basic abilities on the minions to avoid the protection gain.

Also, having abilities that can't be resisted is good. That is why JTR has been successful so far, the expose can't be resisted no matter how high his tenacity is.

I would like to see if others have had any success with Zader, since his TM removal can't be resisted. Anybody have any numbers with that squad?
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    Ghwks1 wrote: »
    The first phase is all about timing. Making sure to use the special right before he annihilates. Then having a heal ability on deck to use right after he annihilates. Also applying any debuffs right after he attacks is important when his tenacity is at its lowest. Another good one is saving specials for when the minions are defeated, and using basic abilities on the minions to avoid the protection gain.

Also, having abilities that can't be resisted is good. That is why JTR has been successful so far, the expose can't be resisted no matter how high his tenacity is.

I would like to see if others have had any success with Zader, since his TM removal can't be resisted. Anybody have any numbers with that squad?

Tier 5 Zader Squad:
    I didn't run it perfectly or I could have probably done over a million.
    Screenshot_20180301-213817.png?width=933&height=525

Additional gear on JC or another healer would work better probably. Sidious was a little underwhelming since the tenacity is so high that no dots stick. Timing was challenging.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    While I agree the "Intended For" guidelines are completely off and definitely wrong, I think most of the rest of the complaining about this Raid so far is unjustified. Especially as it's only been out a few hours.

You can't get to grips with a new challenge moments after you first try it so you immediately resort to insulting it? How about trying to find a solution to the problem instead of blaming it?

I think You have no idea what You are talking about. This raid is broken. And to say that it is not insulting anything or anyone. I used a maxed g12 team on Tier 2 which is recomended for lvl much less than 85,less gear than maxed gear lvl and I made 2% on phase 1. Only. And funny thing that most of the dmg done was couse of deathmark. I also played Tier 5 with this team. 400k dmg. Only. maxed team which is not worthy to use in this raid in the Tier 2, Tier that suposse to be for lvl 40? common. After a month Devs will tune this raid and many guilds will restart the raid.

I did acknowledge, and will freely and happily acknowledge again, that the "Intended For" guidelines are off. They grossly under-estimate what you need. I accept that.

But that doesn't mean the whole thing is broken.

You've only done a little damage to it? OK, so what? Why does that mean it's broken?
    Have you considered that maybe you were just using the same teams and doing the same thing as you, and everyone else, always do but that this Raid has been specifically designed to be strong against the usual?
    Try using something unusual or different.

You know, Please dont try to teach me how to use the mind and how to think outside the box, Broken means that if You would use teams that are recomended for Tier 2 ( gear lvl mods) You would play with your guild minimum 2 months or maybe more to finish the raid on Tier 2 and everyone could receive rewards after 2-3 months. But this game is completely different in pace and time/ reward structure. Game is much faster than this raid. Haat was quite similar. First Version of Haat was changed a lot. Couse it wasnt fun to play it. Gaming should be entertainment, not duty, or work.
    But it doesnt matter. This is not my product, not my game, and ot is not important in life. Good luck:)

I wasn't trying to "teach [you] how to use the mind and how to think outside the box". I was in fact suggesting that just because what you always do seems not to work, maybe you should just do something else instead of instantly declaring it to be broken.

If you're playing Rock, Paper, Scissors and you keep playing Rock do you immediately declare Paper is broken because playing Rock is the most fun and it's not entertaining to play Scissors?

I love conversations, but when You dont read what i wrote with understanding, but trying to to force your way of thinking, i am getting bored very fast. You didnt even get it that broken is not couse of the team setup, but timing. So wish You to keep focused and good luck

You accuse me of missing your point but I think you are missing mine.

If you try different squads and different tactics, maybe you would do more damage. Then if everyone in your Guild does that, it won't take months to defeat after all. Suddenly the time taken (which is what you seem to be most concerned about) will drop and your concern will lessen.

If you stick to the tactics you have tried so far, it will take ages. I understand that.
    But you don't seem to want to consider that maybe that means you should try a different tactic.

yeah I definitely agree with you here. I also think people need to reevaluate what "success" means in reference to a raid. In theory, if each guild member can do 2% damage per phase, then you have successfully beaten the raid. I saw a post saying "I only did 4% damage with my g12 team, pathetic." Actually, you were quite successful. We shouldn't think of success only in terms of "I can solo this phase" (or the whole raid). The gamechangers made it clear that the devs wanted to create something that couldn't be soloed and couldn't be done on auto.

TL;DR If each guild member can do 8% of damage across all 4 phases, you successfully defeat the raid. Having squads that only do 2-5% damage is not "failure."
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    I dont see the point in continualy adding content that frustrates people more then pleasing them. What a world we have become and these moblie games add to the problem. You wake up in the morning your happy, then you get on this game and all of a sudden your short with your wife or kids. I know some of you will say wow guy you let it affect you to much, i say **** it gets to you to. I will be happy when they can make a moble game where were not all trying to beat each other but trying to lift each other. No wonder there is so much violence in the world. Its really very sick........
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    People are learning already what works and what doesn't on this raid.

There's a trooper team that does around 3 million on phase 1 at tier vi. There's other teams people are working on too.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Have to agree with OP. Just finished 7* Anakin, hes has bonus apparently, wouldn't know it. Expected to solo it while I made a cup of tea and he like barely did anything. It is an outrage I tell you, complete outrage. I expect at least 250 million gems and a big win button for wasting my time.
  • Gronkeykong
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I understand that nihilus has protection. That’s why a Phoenix team can get individual damage but still have zero total damage. But my zader team did 1.4 mil total with individual damages adding to about 500k. Unlike jtr, there aren’t exposes or anything. anyone know what the actual contribution towards health is?

Edit: could dots be doing a crazy amount of damage? I only got up to seven total
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If you have defense down and hit Nihilus with a basic he gets 25% of your protection as a bonus so there's no hard rule regarding how much damage you need to do. Assists and counters count as basics.

In your case I would have to assume dots.
  • Ghwks1 wrote: »

Asajj has the same leader ability. I ran her with Talzin, Daka, Acolyte, and Talia. Did 1M with that set up.

I think Zombie is going to be essential. My team attempted T6 so I can't use her. We decided to run a T3 next so I can bring her in then and hopefully she help in absorbing annihilate.

• Naraic wrote: »
    If you have defense down and hit Nihilus with a basic he gets 25% of your protection as a bonus so there's no hard rule regarding how much damage you need to do. Assists and counters count as basics.

In your case I would have to assume dots.

I think you’re right. I think expose dots and thermals do a lot f damage. My je just unleashed one for 96k
  • Bdschoel
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This is Tier 6.. we just need about 15 more of these runs & we will be through Phase 1 lol

2MIdgWr.png
  • I hope the Devs are smart enough to disregard this kind of childish feedback.

I'm getting destroyed in the new raid and I'm delighted. These sith Lords should be dessimating my teams. Until I work hard together with my guild, find good comps and eventually be good enough to do some serious damage.

Thank you again so much for working on KOTOR content. I love it, and many others do too

@CG_RyDiggs
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    People are learning already what works and what doesn't on this raid.

There's a trooper team that does around 3 million on phase 1 at tier vi. There's other teams people are working on too.

Yes, this team do more than 3 milion. I just saw vid. I think under Vader this team would do more than 4 milion dmg.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    My only complaint is the stupid high amount of health, is it really necessary to have 150 mil health for a phase? 50 mil? Maybe, we can learn the mechanics as we go but over tuned the hp stupidly.
  • Darth_Helios
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Im enjoying this quite well. After one refresh my guild already has taken down 70% of phase one, and we are only 90m. we plan to have it down today after the refresh, then on to P2! Its a challenge to be sure, but a welcome one
  • Im enjoying this quite well. After one refresh my guild already has taken down 70% of phase one, and we are only 90m. we plan to have it down today after the refresh, then on to P2! Its a challenge to be sure, but a welcome one

What teams did you use in phase 1?
    I love the new raid as well. It’s something we will have to figure out for sure but the challenge is definitely welcomed.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The only thing I hope they learned is NO CHALLENGE GEAR AS REWARDS.

As for the raid, I don’t mind it at all.

EDIT: I just read the raid reward thread. Major, major fail by the devs giving us challenge gear as a reward. Our collective voices have been ignored.