Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Ez0ghul
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, thats good. :)

It will also depend on what other mod challenge you can handle and how you do in arena, i have mostly farmed health mods so far (currently level 81) but thats mostly because i don't have the chars yet to get speed, critical damage or critical chance mods. But i don't think its a waste to farm health mods as you can use them on your fleet/TW/TB squads when your arena team finds better mods.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    GhostAlpha wrote: »
    i do upgrade them, to 12 initially, but surely there is a point to the initial colour grade they have?

So if this is correct, please confirm: i need to keep farming untill i find mods with speed on them (primary or secondary) for all phoenix characters, and level those to 12 minimum, at which point it does not matter what "colour" they started out?

thanks for the help!

For a person who has reached lvl 50 and can farm health 5* mods, it should be ok to spend 1-2 weeks farming mods for phoenix and then return to Hera/Ezra farm.

Mods are a long grind in this game and you have to take into account you won't get the best mods within 1-2 weeks of farming but at least you would get some decent mods for all your phoenix squad to keep climbing in arena.

It's recommended to level up only those mods that at least present 1 secondary stat (green colour) or more stats (blue presents 2 stats, purple 3 stats and gold 4 stats) and do not level up white mods (I would only level up those white arrows with speed as their primary stat or those white triangles with critical chance/ critical damage as their primary stat)
  • Options
    Thanks, great advice!

I have leveled up all the mods that are blue and some usefull ones that are green, and whacked em on there. Now i am aiming for speed secondaries, and speed primaries for the arrow ones. Also going for crit chance/damage on the one that has that primary.

hopefully i have not wasted credits on the mods that dont have speed secondaries (i was struggling in arena without mods). I might spend 2 full weeks farming for mods, considering my Ezra is 7* already. possibly going for Hera 7* before Lando 5*
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you want to save credits, only upgrade mods with speed, and (initially) only upgrade up to the color level with speed secondaries. Using those rules, only upgrade a white/grey mod if it is an arrow with speed primary. You can upgrade that to max. For speed secondaries, upgrade green mods to level 3, upgrade blue mods to level 6, upgrade purple mods to level 9, and upgrade gold/yellow mods to level 12. Then, if you like the stats of the mod at that point, you can choose to upgrade it to max. And if not, you’ve saved credits.

Regarding the challenge where you’re farming mods, you’ll unlock more as you progress through the game, but you’ll still be using the health mods you farmed last week after a year of gameplay. So don’t worry about them losing worth. Good mods are always valuable, no matter what set they belong to.
  • Options
    Awesome, these are the kind of details that help me out a great deal!

such a deep game, requires a suprising amount of thinking and research, love it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    What do you guys think about this site that advises on which mods to use for each character? For Tarkin for example it says all potency but that seems kind of wild.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-best-mods-grand-moff-tarkin/

Pls don't use sites like those. Hardcoded sites are the worst, they age awfully. You can check post date - 27 april 2017. A lot has changed since then. Basically every character has different "BEST" mod setups depending on hi usage: Arena, raid, TB and so on. Tarkin - as a fairly squishy unit benefits the most from speed an potency sets + protection primaries. It doesn't matter that he can pack a punch if he's OHKO'd in second round.
    Best suggestion for mods is the site I suggested - crouching rancor. As an overall best option I suggest you use a swgoh bot on discord. They are constantly updated and give best mod setups for different game modes. Most popular and best is:
    - SWGoHBot: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6qc6sl/swgoh_bot_for_discord/?st=jdl0su5b&sh=5dc2a109
    - JediStarBot https://jedistar.jimdo.com/jedistar-bot/
    - AP-5R Protocol Droid https://discordapp.com/invite/H7fzyH3

They have a lot of other functionalities like judging your TB preparation, suggesting best raid setups and more.

crouching rancor hasn't worked for like a year. "swgoh.gg rate limit has been reached" is all I get. if anyone knowsa way to fix plz lmk
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Guys, im level 56, and my jedi consular is only 5*, should i panic farm him the next days instead of gear for phoenix? hard nodes have been lacking sadly.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Guys, im level 56, and my jedi consular is only 5*, should i panic farm him the next days instead of gear for phoenix? hard nodes have been lacking sadly.

thanks in advance.

I'm level 74, my JC is 5* still and I am consistently top 25 in squad and 1-2 in fleet. I wouldn't bother farming JC that hard. I run a couple hard nodes if I have spare E (which is infrequent).
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

thanks in advance.

I'm level 74, my JC is 5* still and I am consistently top 25 in squad and 1-2 in fleet. I wouldn't bother farming JC that hard. I run a couple hard nodes if I have spare E (which is infrequent).

What I did was hard node 1b. It has two items that often come up later on. Occasionally doing that node is never a waste.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wawrzon wrote: »
    What do you guys think about this site that advises on which mods to use for each character? For Tarkin for example it says all potency but that seems kind of wild.

http://gaming-fans.com/2017/04/swgoh-best-mods-grand-moff-tarkin/

Pls don't use sites like those. Hardcoded sites are the worst, they age awfully. You can check post date - 27 april 2017. A lot has changed since then. Basically every character has different "BEST" mod setups depending on hi usage: Arena, raid, TB and so on. Tarkin - as a fairly squishy unit benefits the most from speed an potency sets + protection primaries. It doesn't matter that he can pack a punch if he's OHKO'd in second round.
    Best suggestion for mods is the site I suggested - crouching rancor. As an overall best option I suggest you use a swgoh bot on discord. They are constantly updated and give best mod setups for different game modes. Most popular and best is:
    - SWGoHBot: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6qc6sl/swgoh_bot_for_discord/?st=jdl0su5b&sh=5dc2a109
    - JediStarBot https://jedistar.jimdo.com/jedistar-bot/
    - AP-5R Protocol Droid https://discordapp.com/invite/H7fzyH3

They have a lot of other functionalities like judging your TB preparation, suggesting best raid setups and more.

crouching rancor hasn't worked for like a year. "swgoh.gg rate limit has been reached" is all I get. if anyone knowsa way to fix plz lmk

Use the import mods function.
  • Options

thanks in advance.

Something I learned the hard way about ships (assuming that’s why you want to farm Jedi Consular) is that it’s only worthwhile to farm the ones you will use endgame and the ones that will get you there. I hit a wall when I got all the ships I had to 4* but couldn’t beat the challenges. So instead of farming Jedi Consular, I’d farm either a rebel (not just light side, but specifically rebel) pilot in preparation for Thrawn’s capital ship event or a dark side pilot in preparation for Tarkin’s 5 star challenge.
  • Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Something I learned the hard way about ships (assuming that’s why you want to farm Jedi Consular) is that it’s only worthwhile to farm the ones you will use endgame and the ones that will get you there. I hit a wall when I got all the ships I had to 4* but couldn’t beat the challenges. So instead of farming Jedi Consular, I’d farm either a rebel (not just light side, but specifically rebel) pilot in preparation for Thrawn’s capital ship event or a dark side pilot in preparation for Tarkin’s 5 star challenge.

thanks for the advice!

I was wondering tho, wont you need JC at 7* for the jedi special event? (i was primarily thinking about fleet though, as you correctly assumed).

Also, could you please recommend a few characters to farm instead of JC? I would not know which ones to go for.

thanks again!
  • Options

thanks for the advice!

I was wondering tho, wont you need JC at 7* for the jedi special event? (i was primarily thinking about fleet though, as you correctly assumed).

Also, could you please recommend a few characters to farm instead of JC? I would not know which ones to go for.

thanks again!
  • Options
    Hi guys, I have sort of finished a FO farm. Both Kylo's at 7 star (but those **** stun gun requirements mean getting their gear up is a slow go) as well as FOO and Phasma. FOTP and FOST are both 5 star and I am farming them currently but we know how slow they can be. FOSFTF I get when he appears in a store but is at just 4 star currently. So I kinda feel I am doing what I can on that front (feel free to correct me!)

I intentionally ignored Phoenix at that start and went for FO as I preferred the characters. I seem to be doing well in Fleet though (top 10 for the past three days) so I am looking at getting Thrawn to help me stay there. SO it look like a Phoenix farm is on the cards.

Currently I have Kanan at 5 star, Zeb and Chopper at 4, Hera 3 and Ezra 2. Sabine has one shard left to unlock her.

Looking around, it seems I need to go Ezra/Hera from Cantina missions, Chopper from that store, Zeb from GW store, Kana from SA store and Sabine from Normal missions. I have a couple of questions though. 1. Shoule i farm Ezra and Sabine equally. 2. I also need to get Tarkin up, I assume, to keep my current Fleet in top 10. His shards seem to be in the same place as Kanan though, so is there a priority for one toon to 7 star (Tarkin is currently 6 star).

I do get some Guild Events currency but I have generally been using that for Ghost (as in Fleet store I am farming the Dark Side ships, the Tie's, Vadar ship (not unlocked yet) and Bobba's ship (just unlocked). I see Hera and Tarkin are in the GE store but do I carry on farming Ghost from there?

I hope all that makes sense!

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/
  • Options
    Ok, confused as had a long post, edited it and now it has vanished, should have saved it I guess!

I have just "finished" a FO farm (Kylo's to 7 star, as is FOO and Phasma, FOST and FOTP at 5 start and farming each day). I didn't want to get Phoenix but I seem to be doing well in Fleet and want to stay that way so need Thrawn, I guess. Questions I have are:

1. Do I farm Ezra and Hera equally, or go for one more than the other until they hit 7 star?
    2. Kanan is in SA store, but so is Tarkin (who is at 6 star). I am assuming I need Tarkin to 7 star sharp-ish so who should I prioritise, or do I farm equally?
    3. I see Hera (and Tarkin) are in GE store. I get a bit of currency for that, but have been using it for Ghost (in Fleet store I have been farming the Tie's, Bobba and Vadar ships so not much left to go around). Stick with Ghost, or change plan?

Forgotten the other questions!

Thanks
  • GhostAlpha
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I keep stumbling onto time related dilemmas. Like this: i am now about to hit level 58. Getting close to 60 and the ship part of the game.
    With this in mind, my hera just got to 5*. It will take me aprox 11 days or so to 7* her. Would it be better to hold off and farm either lando or tfp first? If yes, which of the two and to what star level?

Excuse my noobiness, i will get there in the end. Hopefully my qeustions help others out too! (If i am using this thread in a wrong way, please give me a heads up!)

edit: i am currently going for lando 5* for credit heist, let me know if you have a better idea.
    Post edited by GhostAlpha on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @hermanbloom this forum has a spam filter that sometimes eats post a. If you message a moderator they will unblock it for you.

As to Ezra vs hera it depends. Do you want to use phoenix in the meantime for purposes other than thrawn? If so go evenly. If you don't want to use phoenix fornanything other than thrawn go Ezra to 7 stars first as you can use him with jedi (if you have jedi) for stuff like lstb.

I'd probably go for tarkin before Kanan. I'm betting thrawn event won't be til April and you can use tarkin in the meantime for ships and for an empire team whether in arena or dstb.

I'd only use guild event tokens for a phoenix team member or tarkin as a panic farm. Ie it has been announced that thrawn is coming in two weeks and I won't be ready so keep to your current plan.

@GhostAlpha The question regarding lando is settled by asking yourself what scoundrels do you have? Can you clear credit heist at the moment? If not will lando let you clear it. He doesnt have a ship so level 60 doesn't come into it. TFP is an amazing ship and you will definitely use him but if you are using hera in your arena team then I wouldn't swap horses.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, confused as had a long post, edited it and now it has vanished, should have saved it I guess!

I have just "finished" a FO farm (Kylo's to 7 star, as is FOO and Phasma, FOST and FOTP at 5 start and farming each day). I didn't want to get Phoenix but I seem to be doing well in Fleet and want to stay that way so need Thrawn, I guess. Questions I have are:

1. Do I farm Ezra and Hera equally, or go for one more than the other until they hit 7 star?
    2. Kanan is in SA store, but so is Tarkin (who is at 6 star). I am assuming I need Tarkin to 7 star sharp-ish so who should I prioritise, or do I farm equally?
    3. I see Hera (and Tarkin) are in GE store. I get a bit of currency for that, but have been using it for Ghost (in Fleet store I have been farming the Tie's, Bobba and Vadar ships so not much left to go around). Stick with Ghost, or change plan?

Forgotten the other questions!

Thanks

Ask yourself about your long-term goals and you will have your answers :)

If you go phoenix 7* you will unlock eventually Thrawn and also his ship which is the best leader-ship right now.

If you push your FO to 7* you will unlock BB8 which is very useful for raids.

Both factions have great ships to help you climb in fleet arena.
  • Options
    Ok thanks guys
  • GhostAlpha
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    @GhostAlpha The question regarding lando is settled by asking yourself what scoundrels do you have? Can you clear credit heist at the moment? If not will lando let you clear it. He doesnt have a ship so level 60 doesn't come into it. TFP is an amazing ship and you will definitely use him but if you are using hera in your arena team then I wouldn't swap horses.

I have boba 4*, stormtrooper han 3* and the normal chewie at 4*. i can do the first tier, but not the second tier. i would not know if lando changed that tho.

i am indeed using Hera in squad arena at this moment, should i not make the switch to either lando or ftp then? i already accumulated 22 lando shards tho.

once again, thanks a ton for the advice!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

I have boba 4*, stormtrooper han 3* and the normal chewie at 4*. i can do the first tier, but not the second tier. i would not know if lando changed that tho.

i am indeed using Hera in squad arena at this moment, should i not make the switch to either lando or ftp then? i already accumulated 22 lando shards tho.

You have to make the decision whether to focus on arena ranknor picking up more credits first.

For me you max your arena team and put in some small investment to get scoundrels that doesn't disturb your arena team.

Dengar is a favourite of mine because he is in the guild store so it doesn't distract from any phoenix character. He isnt a great character but an extra warm body is an extra warm body. The main reason to farm lando is to help higher tier credit heists but that can wait for now. Tier 2 isnt a difficult tier.
  • Happening430
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The guide says for speed mod challenge to get Resistance Trooper. He is a pretty difficult farm. Is he also needed for something else? If not I might start farming the Rey hard node with the Falcon instead.
  • Options
    @hermanbloom this forum has a spam filter that sometimes eats post a. If you message a moderator they will unblock it for you.

As to Ezra vs hera it depends. Do you want to use phoenix in the meantime for purposes other than thrawn? If so go evenly. If you don't want to use phoenix fornanything other than thrawn go Ezra to 7 stars first as you can use him with jedi (if you have jedi) for stuff like lstb.

I'd probably go for tarkin before Kanan. I'm betting thrawn event won't be til April and you can use tarkin in the meantime for ships and for an empire team whether in arena or dstb.

I'd only use guild event tokens for a phoenix team member or tarkin as a panic farm. Ie it has been announced that thrawn is coming in two weeks and I won't be ready so keep to your current plan.

Sorry, quick response last night but will go into more detail now. I will just use Phoenix for Thrawn, and maybe a B team for GW as I am struggling on that a bit (past week I keep getting level 85 teams when I am just level 75 so I don't get to complete a run). My Light Side sucks, across the board really, as I started with FO. Got Biggs to 7 star for his ship but that's it really. So guess that means I could go for either Hera or Ezra.

I will get Tarkin to 7 over Kanan then, but not use GE tokens. I am trying to find/get another dark side ship up to five star for the next Tarkin challange at level 82 so maybe GE tokens can be used for that as no idea how that happens without some kind of store investment.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Happening430
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is it ever worth it to spend 400 crystals on 4 shards? It’s taking an eternity to finish Vader’s ship and I need it to 5 star Tarkin’s capital ship. I tried refreshing the fleet store once a day with no luck so my will power to not dump my F2P crystals on Shipments is fading. It seems like 400 crystals per 4 shards is such a ripoff (and I need like 30 more shards) but getting that extra reinforcement in your fleet from 5 stars plus I’m running Empire so Vader is geared up might actually make it worth it.
  • Options

thanks for the advice!

thanks again!

You want Jedi that have other better uses. For Jedi faction requirements (defense mods, Grandmaster Yoda, other events), I’d go with Kanan (Phoenix), Ezra (Phoenix), Old Ben (CLS), Mace Windu (fleet commander), and Barris (end-game healer).

Regarding what to farm instead of Jedi Consular to prepare for fleet arena, I’d suggest Kylo Ren unmasked and the TIE Silencer. They’re both in the same cantina node and are very helpful. TIE Silencer is one of the fastest ships I’ve seen, and Kylo unmasked is good as a First Order leader and as a tank.
  • Options
    So I have this arena team: Rex, Wiggs, Thrawn, STH.
    Would Old Ben be better than STH?
    Also, I should get raid Han in a week. Would 5 star raid Han be better than STH and Old Ben?

Thanks!
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    Also, I should get raid Han in a week. Would 5 star raid Han be better than STH and Old Ben?

Thanks!

I guess Old Ben is more useful with his ability block against those empire teams meta.

Moreover, if you replace Raid Han for STH/OB you may do worse on defense in arena but you can test him.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »

Thanks!

Raid Han doesn't challenge old Ben or sth for a spot in your team. Two are tanks and one is an attacker.

Personally I like old Ben, if you get in with an ability block and shut down palpatine/vader before the mass stun you have an emoure team beaten.

Raid Han and r2d2 might replace Wiggs in that team though.
  • Options

You have to make the decision whether to focus on arena ranknor picking up more credits first.

For me you max your arena team and put in some small investment to get scoundrels that doesn't disturb your arena team.

Dengar is a favourite of mine because he is in the guild store so it doesn't distract from any phoenix character. He isnt a great character but an extra warm body is an extra warm body. The main reason to farm lando is to help higher tier credit heists but that can wait for now. Tier 2 isnt a difficult tier.

Cad Bane is a cheap and quick unlock from the galactic war store. I use him at 3 stars and only leveled him up to 72 to level up his leadership ability. Everything else is bare minimum. 20% evasion and 25% more turn meter when evading is more useful early on then extra damage especially since there are no scoundrel healers and STH is probably weak too. STH/Boba/Raid Han/Vet Han/Vet Chewie are the scoundrels I'll actually gear. Lando is nice but unless you are using him for arena as well he doesn't serve any other purpose.
  • Options
    Hey guys!

anybody have a good idea of what to do with KRU and his ship yet?
    I am now level 66 and consistently top 10 in fleet arena.
    Should i stop my TFP farm and get KRU or just ignore him for now?