Character Strategy - Visas Marr

Replies

• Why does everyone want her to have a Jedi tag. Do you really want her to lose health from palp every turn or to get ability blocked by Vader and make him faster?
  • The tag is accurate. She was redeemed, but not a Jedi.

Have you even played the game? Visas is a Jedi Sentinel, and she was trained by Meetra Surik
  • They should just tag her as a Sith. A light side Sith has potential to make a dark side Jedi Revan.
  • She's pretty useless. Just kick a zarriss in a sith team and you'll get much better results.
  • Jedi tag would ruin her for new raid, Sith would have a field day.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    Jedi tag would ruin her for new raid, Sith would have a field day.

Sith in the Raid don't have anti Jedi specific abilities, she would also do well since unlike Barris, she can actually deal damage.
    Whazn wrote: »
    They should just tag her as a Sith. A light side Sith has potential to make a dark side Jedi Revan.

Revan was never a DS Jedi, he got manipulated by Vitiate to becoming a Sith and thus Darth Revan.
  • Why does everyone want her to have a Jedi tag. Do you really want her to lose health from palp every turn or to get ability blocked by Vader and make him faster?

Don't matter...she'll be garbage vs Traya anyhow...she'll take damage = 35% of her health every time she assists...which will be a lot if your fighting a Sith squad. So much for her being and anti-sith character lol.
  • Great character, I foresee a new tag coming?.?.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Just use her with Ackar, GK, HYoda and CLS and every toons can cleanse and 4 of them can reheal.
  • I really don't understand why she have no tag.. Could have been the sith healer expected
  • Why is Visas Marr on the light side though? Someone explain.
  • CaptainHamm
    25 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Why is Visas Marr on the light side though? Someone explain.

They took a "Snapshot" of her in her history, much like they did with Asajj. At the time this 'Snapshot' of her history occurred, she was no longer considered sith, or darkside as she had joined exiled jedi master Meetra Surik after being defeated by her. Interestingly, Meetra formerly served along with Revan, before he was influenced to the dark side!
  • Jedi have never performed well in groups

Don't matter...she'll be garbage vs Traya anyhow...she'll take damage = 35% of her health every time she assists...which will be a lot if your fighting a Sith squad. So much for her being and anti-sith character lol.

This made no sense to me. Why does Traya counter the brand new anti Sith toon? Visas will be awesome in the new raid, but once Traya is filling the arena she will be worthless there.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Parableman wrote: »
    She's a Jedi in Legends canon. Looks like they didn't want to acknowledge that. She restores the decimated Jedi order after the game's events. They made her light side but decided not to give her the Jedi tag. Very weird.

Maybe because the characters here are from specific times of their lives and her version here is one from KOTOR 2 and not from any time after it.

You mean how r2d2 is a rebel. And a resistance fighter. And pay off the glactic republic. But it's just from a specific time in his life, right?
    Pretty much this. Weak excuse for her not having any relevant tag. She started as a Sith but by the end of the game she was a Jedi.

R2d2 is the LS God of Utility and chooses to be present and active (or in low power mode) during all eras simultaneously through the power of his sheer overpoweredness.

Or CG just doesn't have a set model on how they decide the era when a character is considered from...

Okay so the reason r2d2 is represented in the game as belonging to every faction he is a part of is becuase as a droid he is unchanging and un-aging r2d2 from the galactic republic timeline is essentially the same as rebel r2d2 and resistance r2d2 he wouldn't have access to any more or any less abilities based on the era.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Guessing she is still bugged? She assists like crazy. Many many many times per turn.
  • Deedni
    11 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Guessing she is still bugged? She assists like crazy. Many many many times per turn.

Yeah they nerfed her AFTER I got her to 7 Stars lol.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    It's not a nerf if its a bug that goes against the description of the ability, its a bug fix.

Also she seems made purely for the Raid unfortunately.
  • where best in raid? against DN, he gains benefit from each "basic attack" as does darth traya, so each assist or ability used gives her an extra stack of her unique buff.

Im guessing against sion maybe? that way her assists do not trigger enemy unique buff?

the best teams in raid that I can find are JTR and night sister teams, she does not really have a place in either.
  • My only question with Visas Marr is why is she labeled as a LS character? Her standing purely depended on how you played through KOTOR2... they added her as a healer, the one thing still lacking form the Sith faction... her zeta unique could have been called consumed by pain had they made her Sith.... I am confused as to how it made since to release a LS under a DS marquee event... I mean she was the Lord of Pain 2 marquee event, how does that make any since?
  • DLT19
    12 posts Member
    Too weak character at the moment except for the raid which basically is balanced only for RJT and thus not needing her at all (that immunity of everything basically is a huge fail decision and just punishes everyone who has not unresistable effects).

Following changes should take place:
    +Basic attack heal always (CD of her heal is high no matter it gets lowered)
    +AOE heal without counterattack
    +Zeta assist vs all

Specials vs Sith:
    +AOE heal dispells all Sith debuffs
    +Piercing strike stuns and shocks Sith

Brought her to 7* because I loved her in KOTOR, but at the moment she doesnt feel as powerful as she should be. If I read Traya's description I cannot follow her description as an anti sith.
  • Visas Marr was a Grey Jedi, in that she walked the line between light and dark sides of the force. In fact Greys, don't believe the Force has good or bad affiliations but its use by individuals is what makes the force dark or light. Greys, believe in balance and don't associate with the Jedi Counsel or Jedi Code. They are likely to take actions, which at different times would be considered good or bad in order to maintain balance. Ahsoka Tano was considered one such Grey. She was turned by "The Son", killed and resurrected by the Daughter and later walked away from the Jedi Order. Quinlan Vos, The Dark Disciple, was another who walked on either side of the line that is The Force. Visas Marr, is a Grey Jedi.
    Lord of Hunger
  • DLT19
    12 posts Member
    Apparently in all her greyness they forgot to give her real usefulness :disappointed:
  • anybody have a slot for her in the sith raid?
  • Anyone zetad her yet?
  • I did. Still feeling it out.
  • She's getting my next zeta...she doesn't have a ton of sith counter benefit without it.
  • Personally, I would love to have a Jedi tag. If they haven't finalized her, then only add that as a finishing touch.

My 2 cents.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    anybody have a slot for her in the sith raid?

She’s solid against DN. I’m trying to decide which squad she helps most, but I added her to a ZEP (l), Sion, DV, DN team that, with shore, was doing like 800k on T5. Pulling shore and adding just a g8 Marr got me to 1.8m. The constant cleanse and heal is big in P1 because your toons almost never recharge DN’s protection.
  • Anyone have comps that they like and use with Visas outside of JTR for p1 Sith Raid?

I've mostly been using her with Ackbar(L), Thrawn, Zolo, ATFz and Zarriss for TW. I'll swap out Zarriss for Hyoda when I've got him geared more