TW Issues 3/4/18 {Merged}

Replies

• Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    we are 105M, 49 member participating against 103M guild, 30 def squads per zone.
  • jdport
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    My guild is 117m GP and we have to assign 30 squads also. I don't know how to tell the GP of the guild we are facing because it's Chinese. The update clearly stated "if both guilds are in the highest GP bracket"
  • My guild is ranked #13 and 159m gp. We are facing a guild not even in the top 200. I think they have 120m gp. 40m gp difference. 30 zones per territory. This can't be working as intended.
  • Another brilliant idea brought to us so the whale guilds remain happy. Having been in a top 15 guild more teams were not being asked for. Unless this was a top 10 team thing but whatever. Broken content even more broken. Not fixed further taken from balanced to make a few people happy. This alone ruins whatever they did to fix other problems.
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Yeah gg cg... we have 151 mil gp and we’re facing alliance alpha (181 mil gp - 2nd highest gp in the game). AND we get to set 35 defensive squads per territory. Wouldn’t call this a great qol improvement :/
  • 137 vs 102 for us. At least we are the 137 ones
  • Todyn
    11 posts Member
    My guild: Empire Mandalore is 127m GP, we're matched up against a 157m GP guild. We have to set 35 teams per section. Probably should call this a LOQ improvement (loss of quality)
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Wow, and they said that they will scale UP TO ~6 teams per player, which is only 30 defensive squads per territory. We had 49/50 with 110m GP enter and have to set 30 defensive squads, and we are certainly not in the highest GP tier.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    35 squads per section. So whoever successfully gets 1 attack on the first try will win. Fun!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • We have the same match up with 25m gp difference but as we know we are in the same rewards tier sto the real difference is 1gp-9,999,999m gp that’s it.
  • Did I miss something? I thought the "more defensive teams" thing was just for the big guilds? 44 registered members from our guild and we have to put in 27 teams per territory and the last time it was only 21 or 22. At this rate it would be impossible to fill all of them and have anything left for attack. Is this a bug?
  • I belong to a 97 Million + GP guild and have everyone available participating in TW. We only have 23 squads to place in each territory which is what we normally have. I see no problems with it and I don't understand what you are whinging about.
  • My guild is between the 90M -99.9M section and we only need 23 sqauds per territory.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    We got 35!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Our GP is 137 mil?!?
  • Glad it works for some. No need for that tone tho as I have already clearly explained what the issue is. As you can see alot of ppl are facing the same issue. Thanks @Horse_2318_
  • EldelSable wrote: »
    137 vs 102 for us. At least we are the 137 ones

Lol
  • Hoenur
    28 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @cg please add the amount of active enemy gp, would be nice to know (facing a 74 million guild with 60 in ours)
  • @Flamethrow have you ever considered the possibility that the guild you are facing does not have all members participating in the TW. That could explain why you are facing a high GP guild but because of the amount of players that have joined the TW that is why they are facing you. As for the squad requirement, it may be a bug due to the fact that the game may not recognise that not all members of the high GP guild has joined the TW,
  • I have to say that this could be attributed to how "sneakily" this TW went past us. It's not the first time tha is happened, I almost missed it cause there was no notification in game to let me know it's happening and I almost forgot.

For someone who did their TB early and didn't log in later, or someone who got into TB by clicking on team orders and not through the icon to the left, they might have missed the sign up.

Having that said I don't think a high GP guild would have many casuals who wouldn't log in all day and miss it. I don't think this is an inactivity situation as much as a bad matchmaking
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    44 people with 27 squads? really? :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We flagged this but will not know more until monday.
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    AGAIN you managed to screw an update.
    Keep going on the good job there.

We are 135M GP, how do you expect all our 50 members to have 6/7 meta teams to set up, AND still have toons left to attack something.
    We are past the point managing quality teams, we are now even considering having enough toons to fight. (6K+)
    We need to find 70 proper fleets and somehow manage to keep more 70 (or more) to take the fleet territories down. That's +140 fleets, knowing there are only 4 fleet commanders available.

Again, not a QOL at all. Horrible judgement from the devs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, this seems to be an interesting change... going to have to wait until Monday to see if it's WAI.
  • Jxm82
    13 posts Member
    @Flamethrow have you ever considered the possibility that the guild you are facing does not have all members participating in the TW. That could explain why you are facing a high GP guild but because of the amount of players that have joined the TW that is why they are facing you. As for the squad requirement, it may be a bug due to the fact that the game may not recognise that not all members of the high GP guild has joined the TW,

Its not a participation issues. Im in a 142 mil gp with 50/50 going against a 129mil gp guild. Thats a pretty big difference. Its working for you.... great.... Its not for a lot of guilds
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Horse_2318_ As I mentioned in my initial post I am not basing this on my situation (as i do not know howmany members signed up from the opposing guild) but on multiple situations from shards mates on arena and ship shards who are the higher GP guild (160 mil+ with 50/50 members signed up and facing guilds with 25-30 mil below their GP).

So, this excludes the situation that you raised.
  • Thank you @Kyno
  • We have a relatively even matchup (100.6m active for us. Opposing guild appears to be 97m if they’re 50/50 signed up.), but 28 defense slots per zone with only 46 players in.

So 5 squads each and ten extra fleets.

At the 100m bracket, *barely*.

This is insane and can’t be what was intended. It’s certainly not what was promised and getting 4 squads from each of our members was already difficult enough. Great job taking a fun game mode and turning it into a painful slog wherein I as an officer have to bully and cajole my guildmates into having less fun.
  • I think what some people fail to see and understand is that when it comes to programming and coding a large game such as this there are always bound to be little bugs here and there which can affect the game in a somewhat substantial way. I only know this because I have dabbled a bit in programming and coding and from personal experiences I know that no matter how many times you test something a bug will always get through. Of course I do see it important to make our voices heard when we experience these things but to say the devs have made huge mistakes in making this decision and saying how outraged they are at the situation is wrong. They will have done all that they can to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone.
  • 69m v 92m here - 23m behind enemy! :'(:'(
  • Notworking
    169 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I think what some people fail to see and understand is that when it comes to programming and coding a large game such as this there are always bound to be little bugs here and there which can affect the game in a somewhat substantial way. I only know this because I have dabbled a bit in programming and coding and from personal experiences I know that no matter how many times you test something a bug will always get through. Of course I do see it important to make our voices heard when we experience these things but to say the devs have made huge mistakes in making this decision and saying how outraged they are at the situation is wrong. They will have done all that they can to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone.

I appreciate that bugs will happen, however I would expect testing to be much more robust. A simple test to check that any guild not in the top active tier only had to deploy a maximum of 25 teams. Am I over simplifying?