TW Issues 3/4/18 {Merged}

Replies

• Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Kyno here is a lesson you keep ignoring...content that goes live over the weekend and has been recently updated should have support or be pushed off so that support is available we all as your customers are punished due to a lack of quality testing. How about all the money you spent on the game changers coming to visit you invest in actual gamers to test your updates?

Some of the gameplay videos we have seen are awful.
  • 158 vs 125 here
  • 64mil vs 78mil here.
    They have kenobis, we dont (we started clearing haat about 2 months ago).

Well, guess they have the high ground then

They need to scrap how they currently 'match' and structure this part of the game in a similar way to arena... ie a ranked system/league table where you get paired against guilds that are actually next to you in terms of achievement.

On a good run, challenge gets harder.
    Keep loosing, drop and eventually gets easier to beat.
  • Notworking wrote: »
    I think what some people fail to see and understand is that when it comes to programming and coding a large game such as this there are always bound to be little bugs here and there which can affect the game in a somewhat substantial way. I only know this because I have dabbled a bit in programming and coding and from personal experiences I know that no matter how many times you test something a bug will always get through. Of course I do see it important to make our voices heard when we experience these things but to say the devs have made huge mistakes in making this decision and saying how outraged they are at the situation is wrong. They will have done all that they can to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone.

I appreciate that bugs will happen, however I would expect testing to be much more robust. A simple test to check that any guild not in the top active tier only had to deploy a maximum of 25 teams. Am I over simplifying?

What we expect and what really happens are two completely different kettles of fish. There are many possible outcomes that could have came from doing this update and I think (and this is my own personal opinion) that is not possible to know, and therefore to test, each outcome.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    This is to showcase the full power of your roster they said. Hahahahahaha
  • Our 95M guild with 48/50 is facing a 110M GP guild woth 29 defense squads per territory. Clearly something is now broken, right? Has to be!
  • To clarify wait til Monday so they can re word update notes which is way easier than expecting quality programming.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I finally really dislike a game mode.
    I may be jumping the gun a liltte bit since i haven't actually played a TW with the new banner system, but i've got a strong suspicion i'm not going to like it.
    My guild only tied once, the very first TW when we all didn't know what we were doing. In my guild's TWs it also only very rarely happens that either one of the guilds clears the entire map. Yet we do need to fill 30 defslots instead of 25. (125m GP, 49 participants).
    Didn't really like TW all that much before the change and i'm probably going to like it less after the change.
    And for what? To fix the problem with ties? You know why guilds force ties? Because it's too much effort and it's plain unfun to go for the win. This change hasn't increased the fun at all, if anything it made it worse. While i'm sure the guilds that were on the recieving end of a forced tie are happy that won't happen again, i'm left wondering at what cost?
    /rant
    Maybe later i'll go into detail a bit more about why i don't like it to make this seem more like constructive critisisme than just a rant. I generally don't like to be negative about the game, i just really don't like TW. In particulary i don't like this change. It doesn't fix the problem with TW, but instead it makes the problem (effort/unfun) worse in order to fix the symptoms (ties).
    Please feel free to disagree if you really like TW and these changes. Afterall, this is just my personal opinion. I would love to be convinced this is a change for the better, unfortunately i don't see that happening.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I still don't understand what was wrong with giving 1 just giving banner per successful defense, This is overly complicated.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I still don't understand what was wrong with giving 1 just giving banner per successful defense, This is overly complicated.

That will still decrease the fun imo. I already dislike losing a battle, even moreso when i'm handing banners to the other guild when doing so.
    I would have liked some sort of tie breaker that only came into play when there was a tie, not something that alters gameplay eventhough the war wasn't going to end in a tie in the first place.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    CG seems to like its over-complicated solutions.

Edit: removed nonsense due to thread merge.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Official, nothing will be done today, we will review on Monday, like normal.

Fight on heroes!

RT
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • My guild is currently 127 mil GP strong and I’m pretty proud of us, we have solid GP and perform very well in all game modes. We recently saw the guild we’re matched up against and checked them out on swgoh.gg, and to our shock and dismay they are a 157 mil GP guild! Not only does that put them nearly 2 full tiers above us in GP which is a DECIDEDLY unfair advantage, but it also means that we have to field 35 defensive teams instead of 25 since we are apparently being treated as if we are in their power bracket. This is a strain on us as you can imagine! Our rosters will be stretched to the limit. This is not isolated. I’ve seen posts all over discord with almost the exact same story. Territory war WAS my favorite game mode. At this point it’s completely broken. Please fix the best part of this game.
  • IAMGROOT1
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ^
  • 105 vs 228 m GP.
    Is it fair?
  • Lol In other words “have fun with this TW, y’all are SOL” haha
  • Also that little novel I posted above was a stand-alone topic that got merged here which is why it looks weird
  • I’m in a 95 mil GP guild and we got matched against a 125 mil GP guild, with 30/30 how does that work?
  • Yeah, we are 125m and gotta against 160m, what should I say other than the f word? CG
  • Here, we are 91M, active in TW 88m and gotta against a Guild with 121M. So easy :(
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    35 defense teams needed per node raised from 25 for 129 million GP guilds (our opponent has similar GP level) is broken. 25 was the perfect number before, and we were not seeing full clears, but now if we fill all of the slots we won't have a single team left for offense.

Fix it please.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member

The problem with imbalanced matchmaking from my experience is the Krakens. Their strength exists a lot in mods, and not just in their GP, which is the only thing that is measured. Every time my guild loses a TW it is cause the ones we face have 2 or 3 Krakens with 3.5million + GP that just have really strong teams due to mods, and my guild has zero Krakens. Against every other team we beat or have a really close matchup. The Krakens ruin it.
  • Nice posts in here (and shout-outs to guildies @Todyn and @IAMGROOT1. Everything in @leef's post is exactly right.

I genuinely enjoyed TW and this one is such a mess already. Fix it.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    105 vs 228 m GP.
    Is it fair?

I hope there's a typo in there somewhere, highest player on swgoh.gg has 4m GP and it goes down from there. Even if all 50 of the guild's members had 4m GP rosters, that's still only (lol) 200m Guild GP.
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    It is not serious to make 35 defensive squads for guilds with less than 150-170M GP. Please devs, don't ruin this anazing game mode and bring us back 25 defensive squads. 35 only for 160M+ guilds, please!
  • Just to add to the disturbing GP issue:

FTB Cantina Lords (105M) vs BHG Reloaded (162M)
  • ****! We have matched with the 7th guild which has 166mil gp. We are on 150s on the leaderboard and have only 132mil gp. Should we even play or our job is to do our bests to make the other guild have fun as much as they can get from us???
    We have finished 15th last month on TW rankings and this will affect everything in our guild. 2 of our members are already talking about quiting the game. And we get new members according to our rankings... Im not even talking about 50 members not getting extra zetas and we will not be able to test this new TW rules
    If you can not do your job just dont change anything or test our updates more!!!
    We all pay a lot to this game but many of us are like we are done now!
  • hunchew
    70 posts Member
    Before this war, most match-ups were withing a 10M GP range. That's possible to over-come and many guilds I know have done just that.
    Since the update, the match-up disparity is much larger. (Mine is 20M GP and I've heard of even bigger gaps). That's ridiculous and has to be addressed.
    Additionally, increasing the number of defensive squads for anyone under 140M is just plain mean. The update notes mentioned that it would be done for guilds in the top reward bracket. My guild is in the 120M bracket. 30 defensive squads triggers an in-game warning for most people to "Save some characters for offense".
    And don't get me started on the tournament style banner system. It is so convoluted that GLs and officers will need an advanced math degree to figure out what we need to clear to win.

All-in-all, IMO the TW is completely broken right now.
  • So still no word on this? Did you move it into the subforum so even the devs can't find the topic?