Sick of Empire

Prev1
Empiric1
346 posts Member
I'm in a relatively new Shard ( December) and every single top 50 team is Empire, I think there's 2-3 NS teams, 2 FO and 1 Rebel and everything else is Empire. How do I counter this ? (Palpa Leads)

This is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

Replies

• my shard is late december 2017, so all are around Level 75-82. We have 40 Empire/Sith Teams in our Top 50 as well. I counter with Rex(L) - Chaze , Nihilius , Thrawn. Works well on offense against all Empire/Sith Teams and stands the ground as well against the few Rebels, NS and Empire/Siths on defense. Shard mate plays Rex (L) - Chaze , Wiggs and it works as well.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    I dont have chaze unfortunately and currently working on Rex.

Am I best sticking with NS ?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I'm in a December 2015 shard and yes most are empire in the top 100... however Rex (L) is and easy counter, it completely destroys EP and DV abilities. 3 of the top 5 teams in my shard are Rex (L).
  • I actually think going empire is your best bet lol. Putting any nightsisters or Phoenix out there will just make you a huge target.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    My phoenix team cannot stand up to these empire squads which really sucks. I'm building my own empire squad to counter. I do not want to go with the META. Is there a rebel team than can hold up to palpatine's debuff? Maybe JTR could but I have no interest in them.

I know what you're saying, I have an Empire team too for R2D2 but I don't want to just switch to Empire like everybody else and exacerbate the problem, mirrors are no fun imo.

JTR is impossible for me, I don't even have access to the vets farm yet so I probably won't have her for at least another 9 months.

Maybe they'll nerf palpa+vader, I'm surprised they buffed them so hard since they are pretty much f2p at this point. I've only been playing for 4 months and I already have both of them 7 starred so.

• That's because for the past year the arena has been all Rebels & light side. Us veteran players are loving the dark side now. The arena goes in ebbs & flows. Eventually it'll go back to the light, but hopefully not until next year
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    You don't counter it, you join it
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    That's because for the past year the arena has been all Rebels & light side. Us veteran players are loving the dark side now. The arena goes in ebbs & flows. Eventually it'll go back to the light, but hopefully not until next year

You seriously want 9 months of Emperor Palpatine lead ??

I
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    That's because for the past year the arena has been all Rebels & light side. Us veteran players are loving the dark side now. The arena goes in ebbs & flows. Eventually it'll go back to the light, but hopefully not until next year
    Not exactly. It is just that the game is never balanced correctly and most of the players switch to the flavor of the moment otherwise they’d lag behind. Rebels then. Empire now. Jedi or Separatists soon?
  • Perfxion
    169 posts Member
    If they are bringing in more KOTOR toons, then the ebb could be Jedi. Add the power creep and the new Jedi meta could happen with newer toons. All the Clone Wars era jedi could be useless sans GK.

Besides, how can you be sick of Empire? Its a great TV show.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    My phoenix team cannot stand up to these empire squads which really sucks. I'm building my own empire squad to counter. I do not want to go with the META. Is there a rebel team than can hold up to palpatine's debuff? Maybe JTR could but I have no interest in them.

I know what you're saying, I have an Empire team too for R2D2 but I don't want to just switch to Empire like everybody else and exacerbate the problem, mirrors are no fun imo.

JTR is impossible for me, I don't even have access to the vets farm yet so I probably won't have her for at least another 9 months.

Maybe they'll nerf palpa+vader, I'm surprised they buffed them so hard since they are pretty much f2p at this point. I've only been playing for 4 months and I already have both of them 7 starred so.

They dont need to be nerfed. All You need is Thrawn lead Empire team against Palp, Vader duo.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »

They dont need to be nerfed. All You need is Thrawn lead Empire team against Palp, Vader duo.

So the counter is another empire team ? That seems cool.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

I know what you're saying, I have an Empire team too for R2D2 but I don't want to just switch to Empire like everybody else and exacerbate the problem, mirrors are no fun

The CLS / Titans meta really wasn't that long ago and went on for for about 4 months. Every squad in my top 100 was pretty much exactly the same team. So don't moan about an Empire meta that is barely a few weeks old.
  • Perfxion
    169 posts Member
    CLS still works against Palp and Vader as they are easy to crush. Raid Han stunning either first also can beat them. Really, any high damage attackers can beat them as they are squishy. They need two tanks to really rule the meta. I beat them with Imperial Troopers, Rebels, or full Empire teams.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The next meta will probably be traya lead Sith assuming enough people manage to farm her to make it a meta.

First order teams with zeta kru have an advantage over empire teams so if you don't want you follow the meta that's a successful enough counter meta like nightsisters was for the teams.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »

So the counter is another empire team ? That seems cool.

Yes, but I use DK+DT duo and Shore and Storm so it is not easy to farm this. Long farm. But DK can be replaced with Tarkin, also Starck or Veers can be used. Palp is easy to deal with and when he is gone fight is over.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    The next meta will probably be traya lead Sith assuming enough people manage to farm her to make it a meta.

First order teams with zeta kru have an advantage over empire teams so if you don't want you follow the meta that's a successful enough counter meta like nightsisters was for the teams.

There must be something I can do, like maybe replace Acolyte with Thrawn, give him the fastest mods I have and fracture vader before he can do anything.
  • Empiric1 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

There must be something I can do, like maybe replace Acolyte with Thrawn, give him the fastest mods I have and fracture vader before he can do anything.

Honestly, Vader is less of a concern than Palp. That aoe stun just murders a team out of the gate. I'd fracture him over vader any day of the week, unless it's a Zeta Palp team. Especially since it's nearly impossible to get your team faster than Vader without god mods, so he's going to be going first with force crush/culling blade almost every time anyway. Fracture on him doesn't do you nearly as much good after that.
  • If you aren't using Sion with your Palp lead Sith, then you are doing it wrong.
  • I think you are missing the point of the improvements to these characters. Not only are they trying to stay true to the actual popularity and importance/strength of these characters in the saga, but they are also opening up the game to a less consistent META. Now in the really old shards, the meta is varied allowing you to choose multiple avenues to be a top tier player.

For the past few months, the meta was CLS...CLS...more CLS and then JTR and nightsisters took over a little bit. Now you have the option for CLS, Empire, Sith Nightsisters, JTR and GK Zarriss is still decent. Even a zzKRU lead FO squad is a threat. They want to allow everyone to use different factions that they enjoy, which will make the game more diverse and enjoyable for everyone whether you just started, or if you’ve been playing a long time. It’s a great change and with the upcoming sith raid rewards getting into the mix, Traya will soon be a strong competitor as well. You may not like having a shard full of empire, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.

I’m not sure why you think changing to an empire team will exacerbate the problem, because it won’t. You changing to empire in your shard is like throwing a pebble into the Mississippi River. The effect is minimal at the most. I knew I needed to prepare for R2, so I starting working on Empire a while back. This update made my life so much easier. I went from struggling to stay top 50 with Phoenix to being top 20 and for a few days until zetas were applied, i even hit top 3-5. When I’m finally able to get my first zeta, I’ll be back up to the top with my squad too.

You as a player have to be flexible enough to be able to use all the characters you have for what they are worth. Squad arena is only a small part of the game. I’m working FO now for BB8 and I’m enjoying that. They are another tool to increasing my roster, same as with my crew members. I worked on maul for a long time and now that he’s done I’m enjoying the scimitar a lot more.

The point is, not everything is about squad arena and you have to be able to change in order to be successful both in squad and the other aspects of the game. Keep an open mind and I’m sure you’ll be able to counter the empire/sith craze soon enough.

Some solutions for your shard that are also f2p: Zinn resistence team with BB8 will be tough to deal with. Rebels still work really well when using Biggs cuz he’s a nightmare without death trooper to daze him. Chaze is another option and one that you’ll eventually want to work on. Even getting Shore trooper, Death trooper and Krennic when they unlock for you will give you a plethora of options just in the empire faction to be more competitive in your shard as well as in the other game modes.

Also remember that getting these character will help your guild in territory battles so its almost hard to mess up. I’m currently working on ShT and DT because they are going to really help me in Squad arena and they are 2 of the lesser owned characters that are needed for TB so it helps my guild a lot. Focus on your roster in every area of the game and keep your head up, you’ll be fine. Also mods are a huge part to your success. Understanding them and making your team fast enough will help tremendously regardless of which team you choose to use.

Btw, I started on Oct. 28th 2017 so I’m no veteran. I’ve just had a lot of help and i read a lot. Hope this helps
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    For realz....it's been like a whole month of Empire....compared to YEARS of Rebels. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    My cls team with great mods can still beat any team on offense...palp lead, jtr, nightsisters.
    I do alternate between cls titans team and cls, han, thrawn, chaze.

But when they uograde the skills of characters like EP and Vader allowing very bad mods to beat my CLS team easily, i will use my very good mods on the same palp lead team and it will be much mucb harder to beat.

Right now, palp lead is the best overall team on offense and defense in arena. And outside of arena, territory battles and territory wars are just as important.

I still use my CLS titans and CLS chaze in alot of raids, but i am happy to set uo my dark side teams as well.

Unlike nightsisters, you dont have to pay to star up palp pead teams. And ns steuggle with palp lead alot.
  • That's because for the past year the arena has been all Rebels & light side. Us veteran players are loving the dark side now. The arena goes in ebbs & flows. Eventually it'll go back to the light, but hopefully not until next year

This.

Everyone was sick of Rebels for a year.

Now they're sick of Empire/Sith.

Heck at least the bad guys look cooler ;)

• Lol hilarious that there is a I hate empire post now. Never thought I'd see the day. Awesome. I hope it lasts forever.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This.

Everyone was sick of Rebels for a year.

Now they're sick of Empire/Sith.

Heck at least the bad guys look cooler ;)

"Palpatine and an army of red lightsabers"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Don't worry about building a team to beat the current meta. By the time you do, the meta will have changed to something else. Focus on building teams for other game modes.
  • The meta has been almost exclusively light-side (mostly Rebel) since a few weeks after Chaze was released. Do you know how long ago that was? In that time we've only had a slight deviation with a couple weeks of zMaul... which was almost immediately crushed so hard that it can never return by the disgusting mistake that is R2D2.

Let us have some fun for at least a little while before RotJ Luke comes along and ruins everything.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    The meta has been almost exclusively light-side (mostly Rebel) since a few weeks after Chaze was released. Do you know how long ago that was? In that time we've only had a slight deviation with a couple weeks of zMaul... which was almost immediately crushed so hard that it can never return by the disgusting mistake that is R2D2.

Let us have some fun for at least a little while before RotJ Luke comes along and ruins everything.

Maul was the longest lasting meta in the history of the game. It went on for many many months. It wasn't until a month after R2 was released that they lost the top spot. Then CLS took over for a while. Then NS was the best squad, but wasn't ftp, so it was more niche. JTR took over CLS as the most popular but NS were still better. Now Empire is the best squad. Even Chaze was part of a mixed squad under rex, with GK, DN, Boba, Zylo, etc.

It's actually been a pretty healthy mix...
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I’ve had to switch to a Palpatine team because my JTR team was slipping way too much overnight. Palpatine is less of a target, but I really don’t enjoy playing with him. He’s done better on defense, so I guess he’ll stay for now.

I’m using zzEP, zDV, zzGAT, zDN, and GK. All g12. But I’m not really having much fun with them. The battles take longer.