Help me with tanks for zEP team

Prev1
Hallo,

I am currently getting rank 1 or 2 in my October 2017 shard using zEP, Vader, nihlus, tarkin and shoretrooper.

Here is my problem. What direction should I go with my tanks...
Shore is 4 star gear 10. I will star him up anyways for tie reaper.
Gk will be unlocked in 2 weeks.
Sith trooper is at 0/50
Sion 3 star. No gear.

If I could be convinced, that Sion is the way to go, I would spend the 10 bucks for 4star

Imo I think GK and Shore are the best bang for the buck. What do u think?

Br Jack

Replies

• From your lineup, I would say go with shore to get 7* G12.

GK will not be viable till he get end game status because he's Jedi and will have natural disadvantage from EP teams.

If you want to take Sion all the way to 7* now, power to you. That will be the way to go. Otherwise, I won't bother for now if I were you.
  • I climb to top 3 in an earlier shard using OBz as tank in a EPz team - works surprisingly well
    So there's an option while you get Shore ready as he's a pain to farm and gear
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    GK has been meta since he was released. He has an amazing kit and requires no zetas. Whoever you decide to focus on for your current team, GK should not be neglected. I run EP, DV, Thrawn, DN and GK right now. I'm working on Sion and to be honest, I'm not sure what my team will look like once I have him geared up.
  • I won't whale out on Sion. I don't have thrawn jet, that was a mistake on my part

I think I will go for shore and GK. Gk will be 7 star in 3 months. By than Sion will be farmable and I can reevaluate the situation. Meta will have changed again by than probably.
  • Hekalatos
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Gk can be a liability when facing mirror teams. Imo your best tanks are 4* sion, sith trooper, shoretrooper. In that order.

Sion, even at lower stars, is better for his AoE dispels and he can feed nihilus stacking health and Turn Meter.
  • SiT is currently the only decent tank for the empire/sith meta. The rest of them are liability.
  • I'm running zeta palpatine lead nihilus vader sith trooper and sion in a January 2016 shard and it can run over everything. Sion is deffently a viable option at 3-4*.
  • GK is a no go vs palp teams...that's a fact.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Why go with tanks at all? Let's look at the popular tanks used right now. GK, as we agreed earlier, is useless. Shore and Sith trooper are both pre-taunts, but easy to control (even by the AI) and in most cases, end up as useless lamps just sitting there. And Sion, while useful, is used for his damage and aoe dispel. IPD could do the same work. So, why bother with them at all?
    I'm running EP lead with Vader, DT, Krennic, and Thrawn. There are absolutely no teams I can't beat in my shard, including JTR, EP with Empire, EP with Sith, mixed EP teams. There are a few NS and CLS teams in my shard, and naturally they aren't a threat.
    Modded that team for Vader to be fastest, but not by much. Now, there are one of two scenarios that will happen in mirror matches - either my Vader goes first, in which case my entire team goes off before they even start, or their Vader goes first, in which case DT jumps up, sets his granade, and slaps down the entire enemy team with cooldown increase. Sure when their strategy.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I still use Empire Thrawn lead with Shore and Storm. Against Palp teams it works so good, Vader is always feeding with tm my whole team. So after Vader special my whole team is with full tm and goes first. There is only one team with Sion so I dont face dispells during fights, my tank are enough to protect whole team. I keep Vader as last just to have constant full tm boost from oponent. Palp is very low with prot health so dies first, mainly in first or second round. this team could be perfect if would have some sort of tenacity boost.
    I forgot about one thing:), playing against Vader is like having a protection healer for your team. Vader can do his special around 3 times during fight, so it is around 45% - 50% regeneration of protection only from him for whole team. If my Shoretrooper has around 70k protection so during fight Vader is healing him with around 35k. This is huge. Vader is doing this for your whole team. So someone said that SiT is only decent tank but it depends on a leader. Under Thrawn Empire tanks are constantly regenerating protection when playing against Palp Vader combo. And I didnt try this but I think that Palp and Vader could work well under Thrawn lead too.
  • U guys make me crazy
  • I am not sold on 4 star sion. He seems like a tank that thrives on DMG. At 4 star he won't do enough. I face mainly ep teams. They barely buff themselves. How is that dispel useful vs them?
  • Perfxion
    169 posts Member
    Running it more Sith than Empire, Sion is solid at 4star. He will help keep DN alive. Sith Trooper would be better in the long run than Shore. Shore is a great tank, but I find him shining best in an Imp Troopers lineup.

At G11, 4* and 7* is really not much stat wise. Really its raid/TB barrier as they have star requirements. That is more for the grind of shards than the power output. DN was a beast a 3* when he came out last year.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    GK is ridiculously good even at 5* g11
    Your opponents first move is to fracture shoretrooper, wo no healing or crit immunity. With gk, your team still gets crit immunity

I took a screenshot today of my cls titans team against palp lead with shore...my thrawn fractured shore on his first move. Shore was the last empire standing and that first fracture had not expired yet.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    So i am still not convinced on which tank to put in my team.I tried Sion and my G10 Sith Trooper and my team crumbled in one minute and half.Same if i put in Sion and Shore.If i put in Gk and Sion my team does ok since GK takes all the hits but it still isn't enough.I was thinking of not putting any tank at all and go for a full on AoE team : Palp lead,Vader,Nihilus,Tarkin and TFP.Thoughts?
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Nokhai wrote: »
    So i am still not convinced on which tank to put in my team.I tried Sion and my G10 Sith Trooper and my team crumbled in one minute and half.Same if i put in Sion and Shore.If i put in Gk and Sion my team does ok since GK takes all the hits but it still isn't enough.I was thinking of not putting any tank at all and go for a full on AoE team : Palp lead,Vader,Nihilus,Tarkin and TFP.Thoughts?

I think I saw this team without tanks but there was Starck included and Tarkin. Quite good on defense.
  • You need convincing to spend $10 lol. Spend the $20 get both. Jeez
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I'd say stick with Shore until your GK is maxed if you really want to keep a tank in your squad. However I would just replace your tank with Thrawn.
  • The 2 strongest palp teams on my shard run fast sions and are the only palp teams my rex lead struggles with , shore and sothtrooper are also anice doubletankncombo that speed vader up
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    1) Sion is garbage at any star level without his zeta. Do not even think of running with him without it if you don't even have him 7*.
    2) SiT is the best tank to run with EP. Shore is second best, Storm a distant 3rd.
    3) Do not run GK with EP. You are taking away speed from your own Vader and giving it to opposing Vaders. Only do this if you have no other viable options.
    4) EP, Vader, DN, Thrawn, SiT is the best lineup if you don't have 7* Sion with a zeta. If you do have a 7* zeta'd Sion he can replace either Thrawn if you need more beef or SiT if you need more control (this is what I run).
  • Just chiming in here, you definitely need an auto taunter to keep EP alive early, so keep your shore. Sion is a toss up for you, I use him at 4 stars Gear 9 rn and he is very usefull as a tank with all the pain. Every now and then he has a big hit but not often. I don't aften get his hatred to pop, but I think that it's zeta dependant, I'm usually a few turns behind it at the end.

All in all I would keep shore and expirement with Sion, but I find him to be very useful with his sustainability and cleanse as it really helps with nightsisters.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    I have tried even 3 tanks against JTR.Did zero and spend 200 crystals on refreshes trying to defeat that team alone.Palp,Vader,Shore,Sith Trooper and GK = 0.Palp,Vader,Shore,Sith Trooper and Nihilus = 0.Palp,Vader,Nihilus,TFP and Shore = 0.Palp,Vader,Nihilus,Tarkin and Shore/Sith/TFP = 0.Empire tanks are completely garbage.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    I run a zEP team and use Shore. I don't seem to be having many problems. Top 100 in Arena. Probably break 50 soon. Need to increase gear levels in my squad but thus far Shore seems to e working fine.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    General Kenobi is hands down the best tank in the game. His one weakness is nightsisters but he can fit into any team. I ran him in my titans team and now I run him in a Z palpatine team. I will warn you though he is the worst character to gear. I took mine to g12 with all the g12 pieces but it's worth it
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    General Kenobi is hands down the best tank in the game. His one weakness is nightsisters but he can fit into any team. I ran him in my titans team and now I run him in a Z palpatine team. I will warn you though he is the worst character to gear. I took mine to g12 with all the g12 pieces but it's worth it

That may be true but that doesn't mean he is the ideal tank in every situation.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Most people talking about Sion probably don’t even use him. I have him as the only tank in my arena squad with his zeta and he powers off hatred in 3 turns max. DN becomes a beast too and their synergy is great. He’s more than viable at 5* and 4* too.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @Nokhai
    My advice, after hearing your own experience, is to use the 2 tanks that worked best for you (**cough** gk+ 1).

Keep gearing them. They all get alot better at g12.

The hardest palp lead teams on my shard to beat, and the ones that dont drop out of top 20, use gk+1.

The +1 can be shore, sith troop, sion...personally, i like shore because of the added crit immunity and heal and TURN METER but use whoever you have highest geared.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    Palp teams are alot like JTR....many options exists.
    Some options work better against some teams.

But in both cases (jtr and palp) 2 tanks takes longer to kill so people will avoid you, or they take strategy which some people dont have.
  • Great discussion. Thanks for all the input. I think I will gear GK to g12 and use him with shore. GK seems like the all around better tank and has many uses. And he doesn't need a zeta