Loving the Mod Store update

Dwinkelm
765 posts Member
edited March 2018
I'm absolutely loving the *limited-time* change they've made to the mod store, allowing a higher quantity of higher-quality mods, available for ship credits, with only a 15-crystal refresh.

Most of us speculate this is a trap of sorts... either many new ships or ship hardware update is on the horizon, or higher-tiered mods are on the horizon. I say spring the trap.

The ability to get 5-dot gold mods with speed secondaries NOW is worth future pain & suffering. If the collective mind is wrong about the trap, then those who invested made a great decision and took advantage of an opportunity.

I mean, does anybody think it's totally impossible for the devs to decided to do something "nice" for the player community?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I wish I had more credits... :(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZSqwTGt.jpg
  • I think it's to reward long time players, and maybe tempt new players to buy credits

I don't see how any newer players like myself would have millions of credits saved up
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • By the time you have spent all your credits and ship credits used up buying mods, there will be
    - increase to level 90 which needs credits
    - Shop abilities which needs ship credits
    - 6 and 7 dots mods will be introduced

So, by then, you are broke and left with useless 5 dots mod :wink:
  • DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    By the time you have spent all your credits and ship credits used up buying mods, there will be
    - increase to level 90 which needs credits
    - Shop abilities which needs ship credits
    - 6 and 7 dots mods will be introduced

So, by then, you are broke and left with useless 5 dots mod :wink:

Well luckily I was broke before the mod shop change?
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Most of us speculate this is a trap of sorts... either many new ships or ship hardware update is on the horizon, or higher-tiered mods are on the horizon. I say spring the trap.

I agree. I think it's a ploy to deplete credit reserves that have hugely built up. The question is, why? I really, really hope it's not 6/7 pip mods. We don't need them. The mod mechanic is fine the way it is. Besides the fact mod management is horrendous.

My guess is that it is ship hardware. It's been on the docket for a long time now.
    If it were 6/7 pip mods, it'd be odd to include ship credits. Maybe it's both though.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

I agree. I think it's a ploy to deplete credit reserves that have hugely built up. The question is, why? I really, really hope it's not 6/7 pip mods. We don't need them. The mod mechanic is fine the way it is. Besides the fact mod management is horrendous.

My guess is that it is ship hardware. It's been on the docket for a long time now.
    If it were 6/7 pip mods, it'd be odd to include ship credits. Maybe it's both though.

That would certainly be a dirty low blow. Why would you treat people this way
  • I depleted my ship credits, but now I'm restricting myself. Gotta build that reserve back up.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I depleted my ship credits, but now I'm restricting myself. Gotta build that reserve back up.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I depleted my ship credits, but now I'm restricting myself. Gotta build that reserve back up.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
  • I'm loving this. Though I haven't bought many, but I found myself checking the shop every update now. I used to skip it.

Maybe in the future every March can have this promo. Call it MARCH MOD-NESS.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    I'm loving this. Though I haven't bought many, but I found myself checking the shop every update now. I used to skip it.

Maybe in the future every March can have this promo. Call it MARCH MOD-NESS.

I approve of this wordplay good sir.
    +1
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Hello,

Do you know when this "Mod Store update" end ?

Regards,

Luis
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Hello,

Do you know when this "Mod Store update" end ?

Regards,

Luis

Do they know? Yes.

Will they tell us? No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I also believe this "update" to be odd.

I do believe they are taking us for fools. This a ruse, a filthy lie. A trick, a ploy, a smokescreen, call it what you will.