My only problem with the sith raid? Balance between phases

Degs29
361 posts Member
I like the raid difficulty, and time sink involved, and the rewards.

My only issue is that the difficulty between phases is too unequal. Phase 2 < Phase 3/4 <<<<< Phase 1. It encourages sandbagging in phase 1, a phenomenon I'm sorry to say has already reared its head in my guild. It's also present in our tank raid. I'd like it if they could nerf DN and boost Sion so that those phases are more on par with phase 3 and 4.

I don't expect to get that wish, but I do believe phases should be balanced out properly.

Replies

• I agree, Nihilus is well over tuned at this point. Between his difficulty to damage making damage from anything not RJT dismal and the roulette of anihilate cooldowb making your restart 10 times to get a good play, phase 1 feels the hardest and honestly not very fun. Maybe on higher difficulties this would be okay... but even lower ones suffer these issues.
  • Sandbagging?
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Sandbagging?

They put one or even no teams in phase 1, waiting for phase 2 to drop to post higher damage counts.
  • Hynes81
    66 posts Member
    Phase 1 sucks! Have g12 teams take off 0% in the raid is a waste of my time.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Phase 4 (after sthan nerf) is the most suckfest phase. I don't understand the extra emphasis on p1.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Atleast jtr can do damage in P1... P4 not so much... Or am I doing something wrong?
  • I remember a time when people avoided phase 1 in the Pit raid. Soon thereafter people were finishing atop the scoreboard because they were soloing the phase.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Sandbagging?

They put one or even no teams in phase 1, waiting for phase 2 to drop to post higher damage counts.

Yep. Unfortunately, this has been the case with other raids as well. Instead of encouraging guilds to work together, they keep designing raids that encourage guilds to remove members based on certain characters being present (or not) on their rosters, and have guild memebrs working against each other in attempt to out-score their guildmates for better reward tiers.

At least with TW they got it right....until they "fixed" it recently.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So just to clarify, you enjoy getting challenge gear as rewards?
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    So just to clarify, you enjoy getting challenge gear as rewards?

That's only a part of a different problem. They can't just hand out the rarest gear. But we should be able to do something useful with the thousands of pieces of unused gear.