Your most *frustrating* aspect of the game?

Prev1
Ruyen
46 posts Member
edited March 2018
What do you guys think? Give me some options and I'll make a poll.

To me it's by far the Unbalanced Gear Requirements - namely Carbantis and the Stun Twins.

Nothing is more soul-destroying, more phone-smashing, that finally unlocking a character, looking up the requirements, and seeing 500 Carbantis are needed. And the worst thing is this seems to be closer to the rule than the exception.

Every. Friggin. Character.: Carbantis, Stun Guns, Stun Cuffs...

What do you guys think?

For the record: I love the game, quit another mobile game I played for over 2 years after trying GoH. I just want it to be as fun as it can be, and every character needing hundreds of the same item, while having a stockpile of thousands of the "same rarity" that never get used, is not fun at all.
Post edited by Ruyen on

Replies

  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Speed secondaries not upgrading, raid reward RNG and TW.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gear that cant be farmed through energy means and worse if its a raid only drop

    Also some characters that take forever to show up in the guild shop such as Jyn Erso
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Gear that cant be farmed through energy means and worse if its a raid only drop

    Also some characters that take forever to show up in the guild shop such as Jyn Erso

    oee, i have to edit my previous post now ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    What is that number supposed to represent? Shard amount? Man im lucky if i get more than 1 sometimes
  • Joost
    232 posts Member
    Definitely endless refreshes to find your highest possible arena opponent
  • You have forgotten the point, that veteran smuggler Han and Chewie seems to have the lowest droprate of every character in the game..
    Also frustrating is the fact, that you got a random position on the rancor raid..
    And yeah, the point with the gear:D

    But.. the game is instead very great! _Maybe that's a reason for all of us to have things that are frustrating
  • There's a lot I think that's frustrating about the game...

    And I think that's what keeps many of us hooked!

    I guess challenging is another word for frustrating. It's a tough game. Complex, intricate. It rewards graft and time spent. It's no easy - to be good.

    And yes, this is why we keep playing. Presumably we'd all be playing Fruit Ninja if we wanted simple and undemanding.
  • Doing 20 battles without a single drop of the item you were fighting for.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Characters that cannot be farmed or are locked to hard nodes. Putting the basic aspects of the game behind a paywall like that is very smug and if this game was not tied to the biggest franchise in the world, it would die a long time ago.
    But CG is like my mom. She knows I am still going to eat what she gives me. She knows I dont like it, she does not care I dont like it, she just cares that I eat it...
  • OrpheusRobot
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Characters that cannot be farmed or are locked to hard nodes. Putting the basic aspects of the game behind a paywall like that is very smug and if this game was not tied to the biggest franchise in the world, it would die a long time ago.
    But CG is like my mom. She knows I am still going to eat what she gives me. She knows I dont like it, she does not care I dont like it, she just cares that I eat it...

    Nope. Your mom cares, CG doesn't--- Hand your money over and go starve kid.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    Ooooh yeah this almost made me smash my phone for a couple of times. While 13->8 is not even the worst by far. Have you ever tried 19->13 or 20->14?
    There's a lot I think that's frustrating about the game...

    And I think that's what keeps many of us hooked!

    I guess challenging is another word for frustrating. It's a tough game. Complex, intricate. It rewards graft and time spent. It's no easy - to be good.

    And yes, this is why we keep playing. Presumably we'd all be playing Fruit Ninja if we wanted simple and undemanding.

    The bigger the frustration, the bigger the anger, the bigger the hate, the more powerful you will be when you finally achieve what you were going for.
  • Nikoms565
    11076 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    What is that number supposed to represent? Shard amount? Man im lucky if i get more than 1 sometimes

    It's arena ranking refreshes. From 13 specifically.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bhaalor
    876 posts Member
    RNG. So many battles are determined by RNG. I'd like it to be toned down some; or some way to mitigate it. On ships its the worst. Do I TL? Does my TFP Dodge? if Yes, I win, if No I lose. That's it. Also the drop rates of Zeta's are not kind to me.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    The drop rate on gear is atrocious to say the least.Also some character shards drop rate is also miserable.For example i am now farming Sith Trooper : today i was lucky and got 5 shards out of 6 battles.But yesterday and the day before i only got 1 shard.One other thing is the ENORMOUS price (crystals) for some of the the gear (fully crafted stun gun for example).Would actually enjoy to see a chat where you can contact your server mates.That would be fun and interesting.Also i would love if EA would make some changes to the gear from the daily challengers.We have thousands of gear pieces that nobody uses.Either replace them with gear that we really need or give us the option to sell them.
  • Bhaalor
    876 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    What is that number supposed to represent? Shard amount? Man im lucky if i get more than 1 sometimes

    It's arena ranking refreshes. From 13 specifically.

    Yeah, they really need a slider. Refreshing for 5 min just to get the spot you want, just to find the guy already in a battle is infuriating.
  • JaggedJ
    1317 posts Member
    TBH I think the last 6 months have been frustrating in general with several poor decisions leading to frustration which for me personally has resulted in less enthusiasm towards the game.

    But none of that compares to the one think I hate because it's not business based and is a genuine middle finger to every player.

    Challenge Gear in raid rewards.
  • Mk3 carbantis
  • rawman wrote: »
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    Ooooh yeah this almost made me smash my phone for a couple of times. While 13->8 is not even the worst by far. Have you ever tried 19->13 or 20->14?
    There's a lot I think that's frustrating about the game...

    And I think that's what keeps many of us hooked!

    I guess challenging is another word for frustrating. It's a tough game. Complex, intricate. It rewards graft and time spent. It's no easy - to be good.

    And yes, this is why we keep playing. Presumably we'd all be playing Fruit Ninja if we wanted simple and undemanding.

    The bigger the frustration, the bigger the anger, the bigger the hate, the more powerful you will be when you finally achieve what you were going for.

    "Tinfoil hat on"
    So CG is actualy A SITH ACADEMY training us in the ways of the dark side trough anger frustration and desperation...
    And the trolly way they do it can only mean that behind it all is the one true sithlord, DARTH JAR JAR
  • Nauros
    2739 posts Member
    Mods in general. The farming that costs much needed cantina energy and keeps giving out white ones. Speed secondaries being vastly superior to anything else. The lottery in upgrading, often meaning that a hard-earned gold mod with speed sec ends up useless anyway. The poor management.
    Besides mods, everyone and their cat needing the same kitten gear pieces is a strong second.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • I am lvl 76 and for the past week I have been faced with lvl 85 droid/ewok/nightsister teams in GW, which means I don't complete GW. It would be nice to get a few wins, y'know?

    Also that stun gun thing. I am working on the Kylo's and really, what's the point when it will take me ages to get the gear up?

    Other than that the game seems quite balanced, which makes the two things above stand out even more, for me.
  • Ikky2win
    780 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Two things: credits first of all. Realize I’m a new player, about to hit level 84. Right now I have shards to upgrade the star level on a multitude of characters but no credits. Right now I literally have 18.5 million credits worth of starring up to do, not mention 10s of millions of credits worth of actually leveling them to 85. It restricts the teams I can make and play with which is super frustrating. I know it will get better eventually but it’s the main roadblock for me right now.

    All the characters using the same gear and the outrageous price for that gear is my second one. 1400 for a mk iii carbanti? Seriously? Cut that in half or more and I might actually buy some.
  • Sewpot
    1063 posts Member
    People keep forgetting what we are playing. It’s a game that takes place in a casino. We all know what casinos are and how they work right.
    I 100% agree with everything said above.
    RNG is by far the worst aspect of the game. It’s imbedded in how we acquire mods and how they lv up ,gear , shards, and areans.
    I understood from day one I was playing a game in a casino and like everyone in this galaxy, have wanted to smash my phone when you sim sim sim and never once receive the things you are siming for.
  • Nokhai wrote: »
    The drop rate on gear is atrocious to say the least.Also some character shards drop rate is also miserable.For example i am now farming Sith Trooper : today i was lucky and got 5 shards out of 6 battles.But yesterday and the day before i only got 1 shard.One other thing is the ENORMOUS price (crystals) for some of the the gear (fully crafted stun gun for example).Would actually enjoy to see a chat where you can contact your server mates.That would be fun and interesting.Also i would love if EA would make some changes to the gear from the daily challengers.We have thousands of gear pieces that nobody uses.Either replace them with gear that we really need or give us the option to sell them.
    Sith trooper farm was a bad example. 7/18 (Assuming 6 tries per day)is well above the average RNG of 30%.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 oh ****.....

    30 mins later still haven't seen that max jump again.

    Ooooh yeah this almost made me smash my phone for a couple of times. While 13->8 is not even the worst by far. Have you ever tried 19->13 or 20->14?
    There's a lot I think that's frustrating about the game...

    And I think that's what keeps many of us hooked!

    I guess challenging is another word for frustrating. It's a tough game. Complex, intricate. It rewards graft and time spent. It's no easy - to be good.

    And yes, this is why we keep playing. Presumably we'd all be playing Fruit Ninja if we wanted simple and undemanding.

    The bigger the frustration, the bigger the anger, the bigger the hate, the more powerful you will be when you finally achieve what you were going for.

    "Tinfoil hat on"
    So CG is actualy A SITH ACADEMY training us in the ways of the dark side trough anger frustration and desperation...
    And the trolly way they do it can only mean that behind it all is the one true sithlord, DARTH JAR JAR

    So they are actually earning money by those who are to weak to go through the path of despair while they build up anger and hate of the strong future sith lords. This is genius.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Raids. Everytime the players discover something that makes their lives easier, it gets nerfed.

    Main reason I say this is because the rewards are not equal to the amount of effort some guilds members put into it. I feel bad reading someone did 32 mil to tank and they get challenge gear.
    Hit the gym.
  • Raids. Everytime the players discover something that makes their lives easier, it gets nerfed.

    This.
  • There have been dozens of thread here and on reddit since rancor times. The only comment I ever remember from CG is "not all players need the same gear". While this is true,just because of the huge similarity of gear requirements between toons (mkIII carbantis, mk5 stun guns and the cufflings), in the middle-long term all players run short on certain gear while start to accumulate barely used gear (some challenge gear, MK IV carbantis). On the same time it seems that MK IV carbantis have the same drop raid in the raids as MK III carbantis have, nullifying the meaning of rewards in raid.

    While sometimes wonders happen, seeing that another raid was rolled-out with the same flawed gear drop, I have give up hoping.
  • JaggedJ
    1317 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    TBH there is a lot but by far the most frustrating thing to me, is nightsisters. I lost the joy i had with the game, i lost the patiance i had, the good attitude. All that down the drain once i started to see only nightsisters in my arena. Its not that i dont like a challange to find a team that works against it, is that i see my team destroyed and die with full protection while i can hit only a gear lvl2 zombi that dies in 1 hit from anything. And considering i spent months farming and gearing, cg just gave nightsisters away for free and they dont even require proper gear all that much. Makes me wanna quit the game.

    Don't have many NS in my shard but this was a horrible design. A 2* character should not be taking top 20 in arena, there's zero chance that is how it was initially designed so it's not WAI

    And ot makes the Han nerf even more embarrassing because they've shown how quickly then can change a character when it suits them. Clearly it doesn't suit them on this occasion.
Sign In or Register to comment.