nihilus lead with papa palp

Cackling doom gives palp 5% max protection until the end of the turn, he also gains +50% protection, under a nihilus lead, which turns sith protection into health, will the protection bonus of 5% be added as health? I assume that the +50% protection it grants will be health.

Replies

• Both are the same answer... No.
  • Ain't that a bummer.
  • Why wouldn't it be added? +50% protection gets turned into protection at the start of the encounter. I don't know about the 5% stacking, though.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Why wouldn't it be added? +50% protection gets turned into protection at the start of the encounter. I don't know about the 5% stacking, though.

Fairly certain the intial 50 percent bump gets factored in. Over all I'm not sure if he fits in DN squad though.
  • I was thinking that the +50% is factored in. Not that 5% until the end of the turn matters, was just curious.
  • I was thinking of putting a zeta on cackling doom, and using nihilus lead for a sith team. IMHO, my sith need a lot of work. https://swgoh.gg/u/chuckomarek/collection/?f=sith
  • I think the 5% of 0 protection = 0. :-)

Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
  • UtherTG
    25 posts Member
    I think the 5% of 0 protection = 0. :-)
    This guy gets it. 100500% of zero still a zero.
  • I think the 5% of 0 protection = 0. :-)

Which is true if the protection doesn't get converted into health.
  • The conversion happens at the start of the encounter. So after that it all stays the same. 0 Protection.

Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I was thinking that the +50% is factored in. Not that 5% until the end of the turn matters, was just curious.

The 5% does not work. The 50% from the unique DOES work. If you are wanting arena, Palp is better than Nihilus lead every time (look at my arena history if you want proof)
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    I was thinking that the +50% is factored in. Not that 5% until the end of the turn matters, was just curious.

The 5% does not work. The 50% from the unique DOES work. If you are wanting arena, Palp is better than Nihilus lead every time (look at my arena history if you want proof)

@Dryff have you tried DN Sion Wampa GK Talzin? Just curious.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

Unfortunately I don't have Wampa, and may Sion/Talzin are undergeared :( I've seen Wampa and Talzin in Rex teams before, but not in Nihilus lead :D
  • Dryff wrote: »

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't looking for arena per se, more interested in the mechanics in general.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I don't think EP and Nihilus really work together.
    Under Nihilus, EP won't heal himself with his laugh special, and because your max health pool will be much larger than your enemies, you'll hurt your team more than you'll help them, especially on defense.
    Under EP lead, Nihilus doesn't recover health since he doesn't inflict debuffs (his unique doesn't count, despite many complaints). So while he has a great kit, he won't benefit much from EP.
    They might work together under Traya, or Maul, or some other lead, but each other? No.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Under Nihilus, EP won't heal himself with his laugh special, and because your max health pool will be much larger than your enemies, you'll hurt your team more than you'll help them, especially on defense.
    Under EP lead, Nihilus doesn't recover health since he doesn't inflict debuffs (his unique doesn't count, despite many complaints). So while he has a great kit, he won't benefit much from EP.
    They might work together under Traya, or Maul, or some other lead, but each other? No.

All good points, but outside the scope of the question.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Goodgil wrote: »

Outside of your original question, but that was answered in previous posts. The conversation goes on. I was just throwing in my take.
  • Goodgil wrote: »

Outside of your original question, but that was answered in previous posts. The conversation goes on. I was just throwing in my take.

I would have Palp for empire for sure, with vader. Nihilus, IMHO, would go well with sion, assassin, trooper and traya. The classic KOTOR 2 formation.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member

If you were going to do that team Replace GK with Zombie! His health would be crazy and you would have two tanks that just cause havoc all the way around.

Don’t have Wampa but have 7* talz zombie sion and DN I run NS with sion instead of Tali and I’m first in arena on a regular basis.

Not part of the question but my goal is Treya lead DN, Sion, Talz, Zombie for Arena. With Sith Synergy talz and Zombie for Palp/Vader or SiT/Vader
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member

Eh, Nihilus still works great under Palp simply because the Health down and DoTs he applies feed extra turn meter. But yeah, he doesn't get the health recovery which is a shame...

In terms of the other way around, I seem to remember that during the Palp rework they specifically cited Nihilus lead as benefiting from the Health Steal Up provided from the laugh, which is...um...laughable. :D
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited March 2018

At higher gear levels per Mobile gamer (and Ahnald) - EP and DN make up the core of a DS nightmare team.

Really also depends on what everyone else on your shard are running..great vs JTR but may loose hard to NS.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Tested it out for you, all g11/12, zeta on palp, vade, talzin. It works as long as talzin is not fractured/ stunned, but that may just be my mods being incompetent (or lack of other zeta)

My current set up is palp, vader, nihilus, sion, wampa.