Prev13456713
CG_RyDiggs
536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited March 2018
Most recent change announcements:
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Sith Triumvirate Changes

In the context of our above philosophy, we wanted to let you know that we are going to be making the following changes to The Sith Triumvirate.

In Phases 3 and 4, Darth Traya’s Bonds of Weakness will no longer activate “on-damage” abilities. This will affect the following characters:
  • Stormtrooper Han
  • Veteran Smuggler Han
  • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
  • Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
  • Commander Luke Skywalker
  • BB-8
  • Stormtrooper
  • Savage Opress
  • Royal Guard
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
  • Kylo Ren
  • Rey (Jedi Training)
  • K-2SO
  • Death Trooper
  • Clone Wars Chewbacca
  • IG-100 MagnaGuard
  • Darth Sion

We’ve made this change in response to some behaviors we’ve seen in the game around Stormtrooper Han’s ability kit. Specifically, Stormtrooper Han’s Unique, Bluff, and his first special ability, Draw Fire, were facilitating “infinite loops” of turn meter gain in Phases 3 and 4 of the Raid. In an effort to make the change uniform and not single out Stormtrooper Han, we’ve updated all characters with on-damage abilities to also not be affected by Bonds of Weakness. Darth Traya’s Raid Descriptions will be updated appropriately to reflect this change.

We’ve also made another change to Darth Traya in the Raid to prevent another rising, unintended strategy we’ve observed. Some players are using a combination of stealthed units and Nightsister Zombie to go well past the intended Enrage of Darth Traya. Now, when Darth Traya becomes Enraged she will dispel all positive status effects on her enemies and apply an undispellable, unresistable buff immunity as well.

Finally, our initial data indicates Expose is stifling other teams from finding a competitive place in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We will be changing the amount of percent health damage Expose does in all Raids. Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

We expect these changes will occur next week.

As always, we appreciate your continued support. Thanks for playing with us.

CG_TopHat

FAQ RESONSES:

1. This will only affect Raid bosses, not other game areas.
2. This will have some minimal effect on Pit and AAT raids, but will not be nearly significant.
3. We will monitor the update afterwards and make sure design goals are being met.
4. CLARIFICATION:
The planned changes are designed to guard against STHan exploiting an infinite Turn Meter loop in Phases 3 and 4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Consequently, those units with “on-damage” turn meter effects will see a change in performance in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

5. RESTATED FROM ABOVE:
Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• And this holder.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    You guys are an embarrassment. Changing your own rules because you dont like them. Whenever it feels you guys have reached rock bottom you seem to dig further down. Congrats!
  • As the proud owner of a g12 zeta’ed sthan, I’m not happy about a nerf. But, let’s give the devs a chance. There could be more widespread balancing upcoming, not just a nerf that makes a very hard raid even harder (especially if your guild is not flush with JTRs).
  • Salty01
    105 posts Member
    I hope they decide to give better rewards, they are a complete joke.
  • I hope when you nerf han you wont nerf the other 5-6 toon who can gain TM whenever someone is damaged...
  • A tier 2 is about equivalent to naat for most non haat guilds.. I'd understand if t4 were closer to NAAT
  • Nerf and better rewards.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    latest?cb=20140601135932

This should be interesting... :*
  • Omega mats in store, and go!
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    Nerf (the raid health pool for tier 6 and below )and better rewards.

• Can I offer some perspective? I am in a very competitive guild and through our first two heroics I have spend hours grinding runs to help get our guild through the raid. Then I go to sleep and someone comes in when it goes into p3 and hits auto and can literally walk away from their phone while I've had to micromanage my runs and then end up on top of me in the raid leaderboard. If you just so happen to be around when p3 opens great, otherwise no matter how much effort you put into other phases you won't get a top spot. Those same people will likely contribute very little to other phases in the raid as well. Am I bitter I haven't been able to use this mechanic? absolutely. But realistically, this early after release you should not be able to hit auto and clear a phase. Anyone arguing against this is clearly in a guild that would otherwise not be able to clear heroic. I know I don't have a popular opinion but I want to make clear that there are players who value genuine competition and challenge in this game.
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    aloomis16 wrote: »
    Can I offer some perspective? I am in a very competitive guild and through our first two heroics I have spend hours grinding runs to help get our guild through the raid. Then I go to sleep and someone comes in when it goes into p3 and hits auto and can literally walk away from their phone while I've had to micromanage my runs and then end up on top of me in the raid leaderboard. If you just so happen to be around when p3 opens great, otherwise no matter how much effort you put into other phases you won't get a top spot. Those same people will likely contribute very little to other phases in the raid as well. Am I bitter I haven't been able to use this mechanic? absolutely. But realistically, this early after release you should not be able to hit auto and clear a phase. Anyone arguing against this is clearly in a guild that would otherwise not be able to clear heroic. I know I don't have a popular opinion but I want to make clear that there are players who value genuine competition and challenge in this game.

+1
  • aloomis16 wrote: »
    Can I offer some perspective? I am in a very competitive guild and through our first two heroics I have spend hours grinding runs to help get our guild through the raid. Then I go to sleep and someone comes in when it goes into p3 and hits auto and can literally walk away from their phone while I've had to micromanage my runs and then end up on top of me in the raid leaderboard. If you just so happen to be around when p3 opens great, otherwise no matter how much effort you put into other phases you won't get a top spot. Those same people will likely contribute very little to other phases in the raid as well. Am I bitter I haven't been able to use this mechanic? absolutely. But realistically, this early after release you should not be able to hit auto and clear a phase. Anyone arguing against this is clearly in a guild that would otherwise not be able to clear heroic. I know I don't have a popular opinion but I want to make clear that there are players who value genuine competition and challenge in this game.

Tier 3 and 4 are easier than 2 and 1 anyway

Very similar to HAAT , how some people wait till part three to start attacking and end up with higher scores

This will continue even after st han nerf since those later phases are easier

What was the damage score of those mean guild mates that are going to get better score than you? How much did they outscorr you by?

What was the persons who auto'd phase 3's gear level and mods and team used?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Just putting this here :)

Why though?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think with so many characters and different abilities in the game already, it is very hard to take into account every every every little detail and some squad combo that would break a whole phase of a raid.

Yes, i am the devil's advocate on this.
    Beating raids is supposed to be a group effort (at the very least when they are fresh out of the designers' labs) - with time passing, content becomes trivialized (Pit/hAAT) tactics-wise, of course, but brand new content is there to keep things interesting and challenging and make players develop fresh tactics and ideas.
    Afterall, the tactical part of this game, and the fact that in almost any gamemode you get punished if you run in guns blazing (as in real life), is the developer's scheme and clearly one of the game's elements why we all play it in the first place.
    Part of being "interesting" is how players manage to find loopholes and exploit them. They will get fixed appropriately. Some would say it's a nerf then, but the truth is, it is a repair procedure.

Considering everything, the new Raid is a blast. Now we only need Baze and Shoretrooper in more than 1 hard node available and the world will be a nice place again. <3
  • Why would it be fun to find good teams for the raid as a community @Weltall if they will be "repaired" if they do too much damage too quickly? Should we wait a few months before finding good teams? Becuase I don't see the joy in looking for a good team if they will "undo" that work/ community effort to find the good team if the team is too good. I know I won't be investing in any Sith Raid teams, or watching any Sith raid videos for a while, since there is no point in farming a team ; the risk that it will be nerfed is too high. Especially zetas; some wasted a zeta on asajj over this, much less gear they can't get back. Takes the fun out of theorycrafting, and the interest out of the raid for me
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat will this also affect zfinn teams in HAAT?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    I get the Han thing. I get the NS thing. But nerfing exposes because it was more effective than anything else?

Booooo
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    GRTL wrote: »

Certainly reads like that. "All Raids". Not happy if that's the case.
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Also JTR teams in HAAT.

Because why not, that’s why.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • GRTL wrote: »

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT
  • It's kind of hard not to feel slighted as a player when an issue like this, which really should have been caught in testing, requires an immediate fix because it is “undermining the design spirit” and is an issue that impacts the player base positively. Yet problems that negatively impact us, from actual game breaking issues like TB freezes to ongoing bugs like the TIE Reaper seem to catch a priority of "whenever".
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Can I please get my zeta mats on Finn refunded?
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    GRTL wrote: »

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT

So is the damage of expose being reduced in all raids or not? Because if it is, it will affect zfinn teams in HAAT, even if the effect isn’t dramatic. At a minimum it slows down the run and reduces the amount of damage they can do per topple.

Because the announcement clearly says “All Raids”
  • The community outsmarted your raid, so you nerf a bunch of stuff. Pathetic.
    At least make the rewards worth our time.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    vice wrote: »
    Can I please get my zeta mats on Finn refunded?

Why?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Lol they nerfed not only Han but a lot of characters...

So how exactly is the slightly hp drop from raid bosses? 5%?
  • I really appreciate the design philosophy here. I think when things have unintended consequences it makes sense to address those in order to make a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Lol they nerfed not only Han but a lot of characters...

They didn't nerf any characters, they buffed the raid boss.

Big difference.