Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_TopHat wrote: »
    We will be changing the amount of percent health damage Expose does in all Raids.

Wonder what this does to Resistance in HAAT...
  • What's the purpose of the expose nerf? As a heavy lifter in my guild for haat this kittens my whole guild.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    vice wrote: »
    Can I please get my zeta mats on Finn refunded?

Why?

i put zeta on last week and they are now nerfing expose across all raids
  • Did absolutely no one with any analytical ability, testing experience or game knowledge test the Sith raid prior to release? Because I found these strategies exploits myself in the first several hours of this raid, and am by no means special in any way.
  • This is disappointed news... I completely understand preventing the ST Han strategy as it was clearly unintended... but with that said, you shouldn't be nerfing literally every team that has any significant influence on the raid... With each of these updates, we end up further and further away from being able to complete the heroic raid.. which is very depressing for our guild which is composed entirely of players who've been playing since 2015. We do like a challenge, but we also do like to see progress happening... I don't see our 130M GP guild being able to do this raid for at least an other 4+ months. People in the guild are already chatting about leaving the game after reading this update.

Disappointed. I'm just disappointed.
  • It's kind of hard not to feel slighted as a player when an issue like this, which really should have been caught in testing, requires an immediate fix because it is “undermining the design spirit” and is an issue that impacts the player base positively. Yet problems that negatively impact us, from actual game breaking issues like TB freezes to ongoing bugs like the TIE Reaper seem to catch a priority of "whenever".

Ours is a VERY complicated game, and we work very hard to meet your expectations of 100% issue free. We have/do internal and player testing. That said, having a live game with new things coming out, there are bound to be unforeseen issues. Again, we work very hard to build processes and practices to avoid them, but they do happen. For the health of the game overall, we will work to make fixes as soon as realistically possible.

Note, some 'bugs' have to be added to a Version Update (every 3 months or so) and some we can fix in a Hot Fix (next day). It's not easy to lump them together, but we do our very best to meet your expectations.

Thanks for the feedback!

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Ace97302
    182 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'll try to say this as politely as I can: most of these changes are completely unfair to players who invested in teams that worked against the raid, as released and advertised. We've been playing the real thing for a week now and have been quickly invested hard-earned and scarce resources (including many purchased for princely sums of real cash) in teams that work against the raid, only to have the carpet pulled out from under us with zero warning, making our investments absolutely worthless and completely wasted.

This wasn't "Beta footage subject to change." This was the real, final, released raid. And to be clear, I am not talking about the STH infinite loop -- it was quite apparent that was an unintended mechanic that would be patched, as we were warned. I am talking about every other team and strategy that has been working: RJT's expose, Death Trooper's Death Mark and the TM gains from his Zeta, etc. Nerfing these tactics, which in no way appeared unintended, after we invested in them, and with absolutely no warning just discourages us from investing in the game.

If it's possible, you should seriously consider unwinding all Zeta's applied since the raid launched as you did with zBarriss before.

EDIT: Here's a really good idea that someone just proposed: a one-time option to undue a certain number of zetas and gear upgrades. That can be distributed to everyone evenly without upsetting the balance of the game.
    Post edited by Ace97302 on
  • So much for my zKrooper strat. I wonder if I can petition to have the zeta refunded from death trooper
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    GRTL wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat will this also affect zfinn teams in HAAT?

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT

The announcement as follows:

Finally, our initial data indicates Expose is stifling other teams from finding a competitive place in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We will be changing the amount of percent health damage Expose does in all Raids. Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

Bit of a contradictory response...
  • Can I ask why this got such a quick response, and yet our reports of grossly imbalanced TW GP mismatches go unanswered? (fighting 65 mil more GP) Can you please move this comment to another thread if you have to, but have a statement on that ASAP please?
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    There's a reason everyone it turning to RJT and expose for this raid. In p1 you can't hit nihilus with a basic attack so the assist teams struggle, the debuff teams struggle because his stacking 50% tenacity, oh and just for kicks he ignores protection on your toons.. that leaves us what other way to get past him?
  • Whazn wrote: »
    that leaves us what other way to get past him?

Visas marr and other soon to be released characters would be my guess :/
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Changing Han and NS Zombie makes sense.
    But the rest seems very much like a knee **** reaction. Not sure what data you are looking at to think the raid is to easy.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I can understand fixing Han because of infinite loops but the rest seems absurd. Unless you reduced a lot of the bosses hp (which is unlikely since you mentioned only a slightly health reduce) taking out strategies to fight the Triumvirate will make things a lot harder than before in this raid.
  • @CG_RyDiggs does all raids mean all raids, or not?

I’d appreciate it if you could clarify the self-contradiction before this patch drops.
  • YanM123 wrote: »
    This is disappointed news... I completely understand preventing the ST Han strategy as it was clearly unintended... but with that said, you shouldn't be nerfing literally every team that has any significant influence on the raid... With each of these updates, we end up further and further away from being able to complete the heroic raid.. which is very depressing for our guild which is composed entirely of players who've been playing since 2015. We do like a challenge, but we also do like to see progress happening... I don't see our 130M GP guild being able to do this raid for at least an other 4+ months. People in the guild are already chatting about leaving the game after reading this update.

Disappointed. I'm just disappointed.

We understand your sentiment. We never want to make changes if they can at all be avoided, but sometimes they are necessary. Your understanding and support is appreciated as you've watched the changes and updates over the years.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    It's kind of hard not to feel slighted as a player when an issue like this, which really should have been caught in testing, requires an immediate fix because it is “undermining the design spirit” and is an issue that impacts the player base positively. Yet problems that negatively impact us, from actual game breaking issues like TB freezes to ongoing bugs like the TIE Reaper seem to catch a priority of "whenever".

Ours is a VERY complicated game, and we work very hard to meet your expectations of 100% issue free. We have/do internal and player testing. That said, having a live game with new things coming out, there are bound to be unforeseen issues. Again, we work very hard to build processes and practices to avoid them, but they do happen. For the health of the game overall, we will work to make fixes as soon as realistically possible.

Note, some 'bugs' have to be added to a Version Update (every 3 months or so) and some we can fix in a Hot Fix (next day). It's not easy to lump them together, but we do our very best to meet your expectations.

Thanks for the feedback!

I understand the need for hot fixes in certain situations, but why are actual game breaking issues (that have been around for far longer than three months) being seemingly ignored or treated as lesser problems in favor of hot fixes like this one? Even accepting that the STHan issue was so major, the rest of the changes don't appear to be something that would warrant a hot fix.
  • What kind of lower health for raid bosses are we talking?
  • Because raid bosses have always been accurate to their counterparts that we have access to cough-grevious-cough
  • Alternatively, you could get good the hard way/ cash way, and stop whining about it
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    What kind of lower health for raid bosses are we talking?

Yeah i would like to know the same... :/
  • I think these are excellent changes.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hold on a second.

Acolyte and 2 star zombie infiltrate and frustrate a large portion of players - crickets, nothing.

That same tactic gets utilized in the raid - OMG gotta fix it! Gotta fix it now!

Then you talk about creating raids for outside the box thinking. That's great, except between the gear bottleneck that you refuse to loosen and the horrendous challenge gear in raids, gearing up these previously underused toons who are useless in other areas of the game will be a nightmare. Just to do what? 0.6% damage instead of 0.5% in a boring tedious raid?

My 100mil guild can't even get through tier5 in a reasonable timeframe and your answer is to buff the raid?

I'm out. Kathleen Kennedy is more in touch with the pulse of fans than this lot.
  • Just a suggestion for the next one... beta test. It took less than a week of the community that probably knows the characters specs better than the designs (not meant to be an insult, but you have some obsessive player fans) to find the weakness which could have been addressed prior to release and mitigating frustration on your global player base.
    Echo on the challenge level rewards. You all admitted you messed that up on an Ewok event once already.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Whazn wrote: »
    that leaves us what other way to get past him?

Visas marr and other soon to be released characters would be my guess :/

Hah sadly the best use for visas was under JTR she would assist and pop the expose.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Community finds a way around the broken, UNTESTED content the devs put out? Better patch it in less than a week

Content is fundamentally broken and unenjoyable by the large part of the community? Nah, wait a few months.
  • MeervalMan wrote: »
    What's the purpose of the expose nerf? As a heavy lifter in my guild for haat this kittens my whole guild.

We're adjusting Expose on Raid bosses to bring the Sith Raid in alignment with intended design.
    It will have some minimal impact on other raid bosses.

Let's get to the change before we declare the impact.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm another one of those people who is no longer excited for the Sith Raid, and not even entirely because of this update (P1 felt like an exercize in futility; I had nothing that worked, talk about demolarizing). What's the point in even trying--nevermind the tier scaling, the challenge gear, and all the other little things that're wrong with it--if the tactics you find won't work in a day, a week, a month? What's the point in spending the resources--including time--experimenting if you're just going to take out every strategy that works even slightly? Expose was it for this one, for now, and now I've got to wonder just which team(s) were you planning on us using for this? Am I supposed to go the cynical route of "characters not released yet that will be behind massive pay-walls to force guilds who want to complete even earlier tiers to drop hundreds"? I'd rather not.

Irrelevent to my thoughts on the Sith raid: my guild is working on getting started on HAAT. I'm certain several of us are working on Resistance teams for it (I'm one of those people who have only just started; I haven't wasted zetas yet), and depending on the scope of this nerf, we may have to set our readiness back by a month, maybe two. That is... I want to say unacceptable.