Trust

The point of any mobile game, nay, any game, is to have fun. However, to have fun, there is a vital element that must be in place, trust. Lately, the trust between the players and its; developers has dwindled to an all time low for many, many reasons.

There is an ingrained trait in every human to distrust greed and deceit. Unfortunately, this is all that the player base is beginning to see from this game. There are the good times, the 2nd year anniversary rewards that garnered a record high praise and the players began to believe that things would begin to change for the better. Alas, since the players have received their free zeta, carbanti's, stun cuffs and guns, there has been numerous incidents that have caused many players to feel disenfranchised with the game and those who run it.

Among the many reasons include:
-TW changes, that to some, have ruined the most enjoyable part of the game to cater to the top 2% , huge GP mismatches some as high as 64 million

-Numerous TB issues such as; reduction in frequency leading to a reduction in gear/shards. Removal of key characters such as Baze without a clear announcement (I am aware it was clarified on page 5 of a buried thread found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/146923/we-ever-find-out-about-baze-and-sabine-officially/p5), A promise in time reduction that has not happened for LS, and the many issues that have been stated with DS.

-The Sith Raid:
The challenge gear in rewards, the reintroduction of tiered rewards, the handling of the STH situation etc.

- Many bugs (Chimera event for example), mod management, QOL requests such as multiple bronzium openings having gone ignored.

- A general lack of transparency from the devs on important topics such as event calenders. I understand that the profits generated from this game come from a "panic farm" tactic, but also understand that this causes a breakdown in trust when no legendary events appear on the calender. Everyone knows that there will be a legendary event at some point within that month, but hiding the dates just makes the players not trust the developers.

- Censorship of the Forum:
This is THE BIGGEST cause of mistrust between the players and the developers at this moment in time. The players no longer feel that they have a voice. Any thread that even slightly paints the game in a negative light is instantly removed or moved many sub-folders deep, never to be found or seen. Winston Churchill once said "Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things". How can one know what wound to treat if it cannot be found. These posts that are removed are important to players, if they were not they wouldn't spend the time writing them. To see them moved or removed makes them feel as they are not being listened to and respected. Disrespect leads to distrust, distrust leads to anger, and anger leads to players no longer enjoying a game they love that you have worked so hard on, and this leads to uninstalling.

I hope this is general enough for general discussion

Replies

• ^
  • Well said!
  • Thumbs up !
  • Prepare for the BAN HAMMER!!! @Dan_h96 you hit it right on the nose. You better go undeground
  • inb4 this is moved/deleted
  • +1
  • Agreed!
  • Just bad business. Its like me selling a product then calling my customer a week later saying "well there was an unintended cost we just found so the price has gone up."
  • Wow they actually implemented approval on the forums!!! Talk about censorship
  • Probably my favorite thing that ever happened on here was a mod saying "we don't delete threads" and 2 minutes later that thread was deleted. Lol.
  • We should copy and paste this and put it into many many threads
  • CG DO THE RIGHT THING AND POST THE LEGENDARY EVENTS IN THE CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!
  • Post deletion leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate is the path to the dark side (or uninstalling the game)
  • Dan_h96 wrote: »

This is THE BIGGEST cause of mistrust between the players and the developers at this moment in time. The players no longer feel that they have a voice. Any thread that even slightly paints the game in a negative light is instantly removed or moved many sub-folders deep, never to be found or seen. Winston Churchill once said "Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things".

I wonder if you'll get a message in your inbox for this. CG/EA being unable to take any form of criticism is painful and an indication that they overlook any feedback from their customers except for the monetary kind. Unfortunately, as long as a small percentage of the player base are funneling thousands of dollars into the game nothing at all will change. And let's be honest here, the only reason at all that we're all here playing this game daily for the past couple of years is because of the shiny Star Wars logo on the front of it. If this was named anything else at all everyone would've deserted it a long time ago. For that very reason, I can't see anything changing for the better
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The forum is more than just one location. The point of the moves is to highlight that, and not trying to hide anything.

but we all know many will listen to me about as much as they think the devs listen to them. I can ensure you the dev team listens and cares more than most will ever give them credit for.

Moved to Feedback >>General
  • @Kyno If someone can release the traffic per sub part of the forum, outside the two dev updates I'm sure you'll find that "General Discussion" has the heaviest traffic, this isn't intended to be feedback in my opinion, it's a discussion on the growing mistrust between the community and those who control the forum, Moving a discussion out of "General Discussion" is exactly my point.

You clearly care about this game and want to make it better. If it's not too much trouble I would like you to do one thing to help bridge the distrust. Let this post be on the "General Discussion" and General Feedback pages simultaneously and see on which page it gets more views in 24 hours.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dan_h96 wrote: »
    Kyno If someone can release the traffic per sub part of the forum, outside the two dev updates I'm sure you'll find that "General Discussion" has the heaviest traffic, this isn't intended to be feedback in my opinion, it's a discussion on the growing mistrust between the community and those who control the forum, Moving a discussion out of "General Discussion" is exactly my point.

You clearly care about this game and want to make it better. If it's not too much trouble I would like you to do one thing to help bridge the distrust. Let this post be on the "General Discussion" and General Feedback pages simultaneously and see on which page it gets more views in 24 hours.

Sorry, we cannot allow special treatment. The general direction we are given is for GD to be about new events/content/updates. and other particular topics that do not have a correct sub forum.

This is absolutely feedback to the Devs about how they are handling the relationship between them and the community we are a part of. IMHO
  • @Kyno Given the description you have given of GD, and that we have just had a new raid (and subsequent hotfixes), does it not strike you as odd that there are posts on the front page that haven't had comments on them in days? Or that the version update 2/28 is still there? And I won't even get into the coincidence that none of it is negative. We've just gotten a huge amount of new events/content/updates, but there's nothing there about it. The page should be booming given your description/ I find it unlikely that no posts have been made about anything related even to the latest update to the raid which, as you just said would fall into the GD category
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The forum is more than just one location. The point of the moves is to highlight that, and not trying to hide anything.

but we all know many will listen to me about as much as they think the devs listen to them. I can ensure you the dev team listens and cares more than most will ever give them credit for.

If they listened then thing would change. They haven't changed which is why these threads still get made. Either that or they're listening but completely ignoring it. I'm come to accept it and just grind it out. A shame when it cones to me not having any true excitement anymore but I also won't get burned because I don't expect very much from them. Great game, bad leadership.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    @Kyno Given the description you have given of GD, and that we have just had a new raid (and subsequent hotfixes), does it not strike you as odd that there are posts on the front page that haven't had comments on them in days? Or that the version update 2/28 is still there? And I won't even get into the coincidence that none of it is negative. We've just gotten a huge amount of new events/content/updates, but there's nothing there about it. The page should be booming given your description/ I find it unlikely that no posts have been made about anything related even to the latest update to the raid which, as you just said would fall into the GD category

That is why rydiggs is going to be replying at 10am per his post to the main thread.

What your asking for is special allowance for your post while others also have similar and posted views in the thread that is being reaponded to (love or hate the answers , tone)

General would be overcrowded with one ofd posts instead of contributing to an ongoing conversation, its easy to call basis when it feels personal but when applied to all positive and negative one offs its the standard policy.

The fact people respond and the poat is here runs counter to the main complaint as feedback is almost always majoeity negative as people voice what they do not like at. A higher rate and while it can sound condescending it is valued even when the team does not change that item(s) your advocating for
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    meanwhile EA is making money hand over fist after being voted worst company in america multiple times.
    Yea, trust ain't a vital element to have fun at all. Well maybe it is and millions of players are just crazy naive. Either way, ea doesn't have to give a fudge.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Kyno Given the description you have given of GD, and that we have just had a new raid (and subsequent hotfixes), does it not strike you as odd that there are posts on the front page that haven't had comments on them in days? Or that the version update 2/28 is still there? And I won't even get into the coincidence that none of it is negative. We've just gotten a huge amount of new events/content/updates, but there's nothing there about it. The page should be booming given your description/ I find it unlikely that no posts have been made about anything related even to the latest update to the raid which, as you just said would fall into the GD category

as i said, subjects that do not have a correct sub forum. They have been trying to create sub forums for bigger content to make a one stop shopping location for all the information and conversation. this helps avoid mega threads in GD at release which can be hard to follow.
  • Kyno wrote: »

More lies.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    The point of any mobile game, nay, any game, is to have fun. However, to have fun, there is a vital element that must be in place, trust. Lately, the trust between the players and its; developers has dwindled to an all time low for many, many reasons.

There is an ingrained trait in every human to distrust greed and deceit. Unfortunately, this is all that the player base is beginning to see from this game. There are the good times, the 2nd year anniversary rewards that garnered a record high praise and the players began to believe that things would begin to change for the better. Alas, since the players have received their free zeta, carbanti's, stun cuffs and guns, there has been numerous incidents that have caused many players to feel disenfranchised with the game and those who run it.

Among the many reasons include:
    -TW changes, that to some, have ruined the most enjoyable part of the game to cater to the top 2% , huge GP mismatches some as high as 64 million

-Numerous TB issues such as; reduction in frequency leading to a reduction in gear/shards. Removal of key characters such as Baze without a clear announcement (I am aware it was clarified on page 5 of a buried thread found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/146923/we-ever-find-out-about-baze-and-sabine-officially/p5), A promise in time reduction that has not happened for LS, and the many issues that have been stated with DS.

-The Sith Raid:
    The challenge gear in rewards, the reintroduction of tiered rewards, the handling of the STH situation etc.

- Many bugs (Chimera event for example), mod management, QOL requests such as multiple bronzium openings having gone ignored.

- A general lack of transparency from the devs on important topics such as event calenders. I understand that the profits generated from this game come from a "panic farm" tactic, but also understand that this causes a breakdown in trust when no legendary events appear on the calender. Everyone knows that there will be a legendary event at some point within that month, but hiding the dates just makes the players not trust the developers.

This is THE BIGGEST cause of mistrust between the players and the developers at this moment in time. The players no longer feel that they have a voice. Any thread that even slightly paints the game in a negative light is instantly removed or moved many sub-folders deep, never to be found or seen. Winston Churchill once said "Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things". How can one know what wound to treat if it cannot be found. These posts that are removed are important to players, if they were not they wouldn't spend the time writing them. To see them moved or removed makes them feel as they are not being listened to and respected. Disrespect leads to distrust, distrust leads to anger, and anger leads to players no longer enjoying a game they love that you have worked so hard on, and this leads to uninstalling.

How much feedback in this post has actually been addressed?
  • just happened to me too, lol
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Necro.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH