Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• P2p should not mean no effort raids. Expose needs a nerf to allow other teams to pull similar stats.
  • LockStep wrote: »
    Where's the downvote button?
    I'm pretty sure if there was a down vote button this threads down vote count would rival that of the Reddit post from EA about Battlefront2.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    P2p should not mean no effort raids. Expose needs a nerf to allow other teams to pull similar stats.

While I agree something should be done, nerfing a mechanic when a single character is the problem is NOT a good response. Nerf the raid's Tenacity and all these problems just melt away, that's another good way to fix it.
  • The forum is always full of complains, it doesnt matter what the changes are actually.

Expose has been way too op, which now theyre adjusting, to be in line with other abilities. Its a bug fix and promotes diversity in the competing teams, which everyone has been asking for, in the last half year.
  • DarthGazza wrote: »
    Why would they do that? Are we not allowed have any fun with this game anymore??

No, your aren’t. Especially, you can’t have fun if you try to use the current monthly login character in the newest raid. Even more especially, you can’t if you try to use the most recent, legendary toon released. And even more, you can’t if you try to use that legendary toon with four other toons that are in the same faction as said legendary toon. How dare you!

• Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If we look bad on every single release - every single one - they mess something up that causes outrage. My whole guild was waiting for something to drop, and now it has.

You people DO realize that eventually, there is a breaking point, right? That people can only take so much? Is this done by design? Is this what he publishers and developers plan on? Like actually plan?

These moments here feel like I’m strapped to a conveyor belt, heading slowly towards a furnace. And no matter what is said, I’m slowly moving towards that furnace to be incinerated. When I plead for answers, all I see are faceless beings continuing to do a job like robots, not responding with substance. Canned responses are all we receive; “coach speak”, if you will.

As another poster mentioned, however, I appreciate it. I really, really do. I now can focus on my console games instead of this one. Shame on me for spending on this game at any given time.
  • It's a tough raid - which is a great. A real challenge.

I've still not cracked it, absolutely far from it. Literally clueless lol - but I'm enjoying taking part.

And I'm enjoying awaiting hearing about how others have cracked it, learning from that and advancing with it.

I think it's a great new and difficult addition.
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    The forum is always full of complains, it doesnt matter what the changes are actually.

Expose has been way too op, which now theyre adjusting, to be in line with other abilities. Its a bug fix and promotes diversity in the competing teams, which everyone has been asking for, in the last half year.

Mb this is not the expose problem but other abilities and mechanics are useless in this raid?
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    P2p should not mean no effort raids. Expose needs a nerf to allow other teams to pull similar stats.

While I agree something should be done, nerfing a mechanic when a single character is the problem is NOT a good response. Nerf the raid's Tenacity and all these problems just melt away, that's another good way to make it easy for everyone

Fixed
  • I have to admit that this has been quite the insightful read. I would think this kind of response would warrant further discussion. We'll see. But, given the history of things, I'm not holding my breath.
    Real Old Timers and Misfits - Officer

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • I have to admit that this has been quite the insightful read. I would think this kind of response would warrant further discussion. We'll see. But, given the history of things, I'm not holding my breath.

That would be a good idea, cause if you so hold your breath you are going to start looking like the Sith in your pic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If we look bad on every single release - every single one - they mess something up that causes outrage. My whole guild was waiting for something to drop, and now it has.

You people DO realize that eventually, there is a breaking point, right? That people can only take so much? Is this done by design? Is this what he publishers and developers plan on? Like actually plan?

Is there a breaking point though? Like you said, i've been playing for 2years+ and i've never seen a big content release that didn't cause an outrage. (some outrages more warrented than others in my humble oppinion).
    Seems to me they can fudge up time and time again but we keep playing and even more important; some of us keep shuffeling money in their direction.
    I'm 100% sure i'll burn out eventually, but untill then i do enjoy the game. Not spending money helps.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Can we back up the truck a bit? STHan is the log in character of the month. Decided by CG. Are we really supposed to believe that in all this "pre-release testing" you forgot to test the character you chose to be the log in character on the same day the raid dropped?

I'm sorry - I love this game, but that is either incredibly inept or incredibly disingenuous. But either way it is EXTREMELY disturbing and disappointing.

"I move for a vote of no confidence." - Padme Amidala

I m actually not sure why people are **** off about STHan being both daily login and being part of the exploit. Are you saying that every month they regulary test the login on different parts of the game?
    @Nikoms565

First, please don't strawman me. I never said I was **** off. I said disturbed and disappointed.
    Second, the log in character has almost always been connected to the important content being released that month. Whether last month's Sass with the Sith releases, Luke/Rey during the month of their first journey launch. That's part of the reason people want to know who the log in character is in advance - it often provides a clue as to what's upcoming, because CG's choice of log in character is never random.

Which simply forces one to come to one of a few conclusions - none of which paint the developers in a particularly flattering light.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I think the raid is fun and different. Just because it takes a few days to beat, it doesn’t mean it’s bad
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Can we back up the truck a bit? STHan is the log in character of the month. Decided by CG. Are we really supposed to believe that in all this "pre-release testing" you forgot to test the character you chose to be the log in character on the same day the raid dropped?

I'm sorry - I love this game, but that is either incredibly inept or incredibly disingenuous. But either way it is EXTREMELY disturbing and disappointing.

"I move for a vote of no confidence." - Padme Amidala

I m actually not sure why people are **** off about STHan being both daily login and being part of the exploit. Are you saying that every month they regulary test the login on different parts of the game?
    @Nikoms565

First, please don't strawman me. I never said I was **** off. I said disturbed and disappointed.
    Second, the log in character has almost always been connected to the important content being released that month. Whether last month's Sass with the Sith releases, Luke/Rey during the month of their first journey launch. That's part of the reason people want to know who the log in character is in advance - it often provides a clue as to what's upcoming, because CG's choice of log in character is never random.

Which simply forces one to come to one of a few conclusions - none of which paint the developers in a particularly flattering light.
    what are these conclusions?
  • The incentive is to feel honoured, sense of pri.. and accom.......
  • @CG_RyDiggs The way I see it you are pushing expose nerf (for older raids) and there is no way you'll change your mind regarding this . Ok .. no point discussing it any further until we see JTR and Fin Lead teams results in HAAT . Then we can discuss it further if necessary.

What really makes me super mad is that you gave us new raid (super good thing) which is chip away - whole guild coordination type of effort but without mod management system that will accommodate frustration of moving mods.
    1-click swap mod sets from char to character is what we really need. {---- please this!
    About the new raid, I am sure we'll get it cleared in time when new chars hit (like BB8, HY, JTR, Thrawn, Wampa were used to help haat go smoother). Visas + new incoming characters will get us there I am sure... just not tomorrow. And honestly I don't care.
  • @leef same. It was more cathartic than anything else, of me posting that. That’s the insane thing. I like it too. It’s like an abusive relationship.
  • After reading all 350+ comments on here myself, it’s obvious to realize that in about 2 days the devs will brush this whole conversation under their rug like they did with the community’s QoL concerns and desires. It’s like we’re asking you a direct question and you pick and choose how you answer them with vague descriptions.
    - Not once did you address the challenge gear and admit that we deserve better (the vast amounts of complaints prove and justify that case).
    - Not once are you acknowledging our achievement in being creative with non-meta teams (st Han) and nerfing anything we’ve spent months of our personal lives on is a conniving insult.
    I could go on, but I’m just overwhelmed (and agree) with 95% of the comments on here and your refusal to acknowledge them in a mature fashion. Admit you have “done goofed” and fix the problems.
    - Take out challenge gear from ALL raids.
    - Give us mod management.
    - Allow us to multi-sim Bronziums.
    - Sell excess gear for credits.
    - Sell excess training Droids for credits.
    - Sell excess materials and ship materials for credits.
    - Follow your promised 3 month release cadance.
    - Update/add harder tiers to Challenges, Heists, LS/DS Battles, etc.
    - Add 20+ ships (you should have been working on these for a year!) Yoda’s Starfighter, Anakin’s, Kenobi’s, Dooku’s, Asajj’s Ginnevex, the real Millenium Falcon (with Han and Chewie), CLS x-wing, etc.
    - Ship Hardware
    - Ship Raid (would have been better than the Sith Raid IMO)
    - Separatist Rework (Dooku, Geonosians, Asajj synergy) add Pong Krell
    - Grievous Rework (and Soulless One) with Magnaguard synergy (add Droideka and B1)
    - Bounty Hunter Rework (add Jango, Aurra, Hondo, Bossk, and 4-LOM).
    - Jedi Rework (Mace, Eeth Koth, Gun-Di, Secura, Fisto) add Mundi and Shaak Ti
    - Clone additions like Bacarra and Jet.
    - Jawa and Tusken reworks and additions.
    - Revan.

^You know, basically stuff we’ve asked for the past year and a half! I don’t see ONE single request for a Sith Raid when I search the forums, yet I see multiple desires for a Death Star ship/character Raid. Hell, some fans of the idea even helped you plan it out by wasting their time and posting the functionalities of it on here for you. Same thing goes for Territory Battles (as in nobody asked for those).

You want to talk about Philosophy?
    Consider this analogy:

Water = Holdo, Rose, Sith Marauder (lame characters that nobody asked for).
    Juice = Sion, Visas Marr, Talzin (mid-range popular characters).
    Milk = the highest request in your Rework/Character Request polls (aka Revan or Jango Fett/QoL)

What would you do if I told you, as a business owner, that if you sold milk in your store then I would buy it. But when you only have water on your shelves and maybe sometimes juice, which is kind of nice, I’m a little disappointed because I want milk. Now, if you order milk and suddenly it’s in stock, then I’m gonna buy one. Maybe two. I’m gonna tell my friends and their families. Soon, the entire town is in your store buying milk because it’s what the town needed and wanted. Or saving up for it over the months and May come much later with coupons.

In other words, we as a forum have confessed that we would pay your salaries if you do the things we request. Yet you turn away and make your own things as if they’re better and more fun than what we wanted. We are literally telling you what’s fun. Do it. Make it. Get our money. If I were you I’d do polls every 2 weeks and whatever is the highest “Rework” or characters request, make it. Do it. We buy it. I know, that obviously takes time, but that creates longevity as well as happiness in the community, rather than these complaint threads because you come out with random unjustifiable concepts. Please, just listen to us, and maybe my 130GP guild won’t be looking for 5 new players right now because they quit due to their intolerance of your arrogance and lack of deliverance.
  • I know this may cause some controversy but here I go:

First of all I'm a freemium player, been here for 2 years or so (with a 5 month break), i'm in a 70M GP guild which is doing right now tier4 of the sith raid (although we could do Tier5 maybe). Just to put the facts out.

I want to point out that just today in about 6 or 7 hours, will be the first week that the new sith raid has come out.

I see people complaining about expose nerfs and (some) how they have been farming ad paying JRT only to see her now nerfed for raids. OK

-- FIRST OF ALL, how the hell you were supposed to be farming her for the raid. The expose damage was a coincidence being effective. If from the first moment, they had percentual damage dropped down for this raid, half (or more) the rage would be gone. Also, here to point out, they are reducing expose damage, but they are also reducing the raid HP. even if they are reducing by a mere 3-4%, that's quite A LOT. So wait until the patch comes out, test it for a few weeks, and then complain.

-- SECOND: Most of the people complaining about Rey (will enter into han later), don't see the point, that you shouldn't be able to do 10+ milion damage, with 8+ milions of those coming from expose. Even if we erase all the damage from expose, we're talking about a team that can do 2+ milion damage without any expose debuff (if done right obviously). 2 milion damage is enough for a single team on heroic sith raid (talking about a raid that has to be done for at least 40 members or so). Sum up with 4 other teams that can bring at least 500k damage (on of those being jawas for example (i'm able to do if timed correctly 1,500k in tier4, and have seen 800k on Heroic with gear 9 jawas....).

-- THIRD: Han ST and other procs nerfs: We have to take into account that this nerf only applies to Traya, so thats 1/2 of the raid, and to be fair, it was quite OP that you could almost solo with a mediocre team.... On the other hand, in some part i'm with the community. The nerf should be limited to the repercusion of the ability. For example, for Han i would put a "Against traya, it can only activate this proc, once per Han's Turn", this way you just don't erase a character mechanic, but limit it at least in some way.

Fourth: I'm really glad that this Raid is as difficult as it is, it has some "mechanics", like...."don't use specials until nihilus is about to drain you, so u don't have debuffs after the special, and he doesn't get down his CD....". Even if it takes a year for my guild to try an attempt for heroic, i will be glad....It's like buying a new expansion for an MMO, which has a Top of the notch raid, and you are expecting to be able to complete it in 1 month....really, be realistic.

Fifth: Just give it time, communicate with the guild, wait for the patch, and test different teams. All will put into place and the raid will be just another stone in the way.

Sixth: (The rewards for the raid SUCK, that's just being real, if we compare.. Tier4 difficulty should be like heroic rancor, so the rewards should be equivalent...Tier5-6 it's Haat, so the same applies).

ENDING: Guys...this is supposed to be a High-Level Raid for well-organized guilds which put efforts on syncing and bringing on strategies, just like HAAT was at the beginning. a 70 milions-100 milions guild should not be able to do it right away, except for them having a real good-strong communication.

Peace :P
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Hi, we are using STH now, hope you fix him fast :D
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    @Roopehun I get destroyed in arena with my jTR, so she is left on the bank now. I only use her for raids...
  • Just don't gear anyone ever again because they will most likely be nerfed.
  • Anybody want to come help me shovel?
  • Beatings will continue until morale improves.

This is not the first time you've released content where you determined tactic crafting by the community "broke" it. Either you need better play/beta testers or to actually consider the mechanics of the characters your team previously built.

I've been playing since day 1, I pre-registered, the release of mods nearly pushed me away and all that kept me here was my fantastic guild. This is an act that will cause a mass exodus from the game.
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I see overall frustration, people dont want to plat this raid at all. I launched phase 1 yesterday and maybe 20% of 50 players actually played the raid. This is mostly because of the rewards. It takes so much time and effort for so little, people get discouraged. Now the fixes mentioned got people even more frustrated, because now the new content is making the old content (expose fix) worse. Furthermore neglecting the fix for the raid rewards by CG's is making it even worse. Stating many players need the challenge gear from raids to develop characters is an awful lie. We are not **** and we are being treated like them.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    gamerdom wrote: »
    Beatings will continue until morale improves.

This is not the first time you've released content where you determined tactic crafting by the community "broke" it. Either you need better play/beta testers or to actually consider the mechanics of the characters your team previously built.

I've been playing since day 1, I pre-registered, the release of mods nearly pushed me away and all that kept me here was my fantastic guild. This is an act that will cause a mass exodus from the game.

@gamerdom
    How do you feel about mods currently?
    I'm not talking about the botched release, but the fact that they're ingame now. Also, try to imagine if they remained unnerfed, what would have been the impact on the game it that would have happened.
    I personally think mods are one of the reasons i'm still playing, the game without them would have been way, way worse. Unnerfed mods would have been worse aswell imo.
    So basically the only thing they did wrong was releasing them the way they did, wich caused an outrage. The outrage was understandable, but the actions taken to nerf the mods was the right choice for the longevity of the game.
    This isn't me justifying them botching major content releases. I have no clue how they keep fudging up like that over and over. I'm just pointing out that when the dust settles and people get over the initial point of outrage, these changes aren't necessarily bad at all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Maybe include something in your "philosophy" that involves fixing your dang game. After last update I haven't been able to complete a single fleet battle because it lags a ton, then at about 3 minutes in it crashes. Same for some arena fights too.

Why do I bother...
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It's a tough raid - which is a great. A real challenge.

I've still not cracked it, absolutely far from it. Literally clueless lol - but I'm enjoying taking part.

And I'm enjoying awaiting hearing about how others have cracked it, learning from that and advancing with it.

I think it's a great new and difficult addition.

Just like CG should have learnt bad jokes when people are really upset make matters 10times worse, you sir may also want to learn to hold off on your rear end kissing of CG as a moderator here until some other time.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Come on Peer, this app
    Vohbo wrote: »

While I agree something should be done, nerfing a mechanic when a single character is the problem is NOT a good response. Nerf the raid's Tenacity and all these problems just melt away

Fixed

It's very easy to make something difficult, but it's very hard to make something challenging for a broad player base. You can interpret what I said in whatever way you want, and you sure can twist what I said to make it appear as if I want an easy raid. You do no one a service with such sophistry though, as what most people here want is to make things better and more enjoyable, and that is not possible if people cannot have an honest discussion.
This discussion has been closed.