Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• They didn't miss anything they said they'd "eventually" make their way there. Hasn't given dates or time frame so in due time
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    How about throwing a bone and adding something to one of the stores. Like Baze with his 1 shard a day hard node
  • They also forgot about the daily Crystal Booster.
  • rus_swgoh wrote: »
    The developers have several times promised to make the process of obtaining these characters easier...
    Wicket, Nightsisters, and the Character Release Cadence
    We recently made the following Character Shards available in Shipments. Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations. These characters will also continue to appear as rewards in their respective recurring events.
    Wicket
    Mother Talzin
    Nightsister Zombie
    Nightsister Spirit
    After listening to feedback and collecting player data, it’s clear that our efforts to make the distribution of these faction-defining characters special - by having them farmable exclusively behind recurring events - has caused confusion on how Marquee characters are released. In the future, we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via Marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.
    Characters released via Territory Battles, Legendary events, Hero’s Journeys, and other special occasions will continue to have a more unique and challenging farming schedule.

Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157819/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-the-road-ahead#latest

Can we expect any changes in the near future? I'm already assuming they'll answer me. But can be there is something more concrete?

@CG_RyDiggs
    @CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_Carrie
    @CG_TopHat

Soon™
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    It’ll get closed. Everything gets closed or moved to the stupid bug website nobody wants to look at. Lol
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    I’ll just leave that censored so everyone can use their imagination
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play.
    I didn't realize ST Han was meta

Glad you fellas decided to make a more balanced edit to Traya in the raid, and the health pool, hope rewards get a buff too to remove challenge gear

I hope our players remember, we ALWAYS try to do the best thing for the game. We have to think globally for the millions of players out there, and appreciate hearing we're aligning with players.

Cheers!

For the record. This isn't how I feel, and I think you guys are about to make a massive mistake. STHan was out of control, but nothing else landing here needs to happen and if your design team disagrees, they need to rethink their perspective regarding how much time and mental energy this game requires when planning your in-game investments.

I get that you always TRY to do the best thing for the game, but sometimes the best thing for the game is to listen to the armada of players that are upset about what you are about to do. It's critical in development to understand that sometimes you are wrong, and listening to the man on the ground can provide a valuable new perspective.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    It took my guild a year to beat our first HAAT....

Looks like we have to wait at least two years for this one...

And why nerf the only character who actually can do some kind of damage in this raid?

• Entus
    161 posts Member
    Why is the expose mechanic being nerfed? Lets see, nerf sthan, whom no one uses, of everyones favorite mechanic. Lets see...everyones favorite mechanic will do.

Basically you need to be close to 200mil gp to ever beat this raid on heroic, unless you lower the incredibly ridiculous health pools.

This is a silly and unnecessary change. I can think of three ways right now to fix this mechanic without nerfing or changing any mechanic but the raid bosses.
  • Boo challenge gear. Boo!
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Another problem with these health pools is that it takes way too long to go through 5 teams...I dont even want to play it anymore and neither does most of my guild. The rewards are the worst from any raid, unless you can play it on heroic. Its simply not worth the time and effort. Big fail here imo.
  • @RyDiggs
    It's fun because you don't correct real bugs, you just steal players of the chance to play with creativity.
    The fact is no one will benefit from this correction, except the already powerful enough whales in the top 10, at most top 30 guilds, who will see their strenght difference with f2p increase even more.
    And to be honest, many p2p players will also be put actually at large by this move: how do you think a player who has paid hundred of dollars, even thousands, will react to the nerfing down? In heroic sith raid only team with JTR can perform, sith cannot, since they cannot apply debuffs, jedi's are still underpowered (and to be honest, even if a new jedi comes out, I'd be scared to spend money for it, since you might nerf it again at whim).
    That said, regards
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Regarding challenge gear, I have an idea that may work. I do actually understand Diggs point that challenge gear is needed for millions of players who are not able to farm it.

How about we make a simple change to rewards to keep everyone happy? If you have more than 300 of a piece of Salvage, that piece/salvage is removed from your possible reward table at the time of payout.

Those who need it can get it, and those who don’t won’t. Simple. Clean. Effective.
  • As a reminder here...
    RekiemD wrote: »

Yeah, i can see you really desire these factions passes, yet i like to believe that February coul be the Dark month we have always waiting for, just like last year. ****, there has been nothing in this game as exciting as the release of Nihilus, IMO

685745dbdfff788e77e01fd84ef39c90dd8065bf_hq.gif

Best content ever... and you'll like it!
    Can't wait to have another 6000 items no one needs stuffed down my throat.
    the-office.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Edison wrote: »
    Regarding challenge gear, I have an idea that may work. I do actually understand Diggs point that challenge gear is needed for millions of players who are not able to farm it.

I don't. Who are these people that aren't able to get challenge gear but are relying on raids to acquire it?

• Viserys wrote: »

I don't. Who are these people that aren't able to get challenge gear but are relying on raids to acquire it?

The people who play other games. They ar unable to farm these pieces for sure.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »

syringes get requested in my guild (and donated), carbanti aren't being requested anymore because no one donates those.
    Both are challenge gear. Maybe that's why he's justifying putting challenge gear in the raid rewards. Tier 6 doesn't potentially reward carbanti, tier 5 does however.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    The raid is not very fun. Luckily our guild is in the top two or three guilds and we can still complete heroic. It is just a huge time suck to do, and to me not very fun.

On the bright side, the rewards right now are pretty good for heroic. Don’t know if that will continue.

We are experiencing burnout in our guild. Too many hours of work to do, and after a while you realize that while you have to buy the new characters to keep up, your new meta team that it takes a couple of thousand dollars to assemble ( JTR ) will not really have much ROI beyond the first month. A month or two is not a long time to enjoy an investment of many hundreds of dollars.

That sense of diminishing returns is actually what turns us off, not this or that specific nerf. @CG_RyDiggs
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

syringes get requested in my guild (and donated), carbanti aren't being requested anymore because no one donates those.
    Both are challenge gear. Maybe that's why he's justifying putting challenge gear in the raid rewards. Tier 6 doesn't potentially reward carbanti, tier 5 does however.

Surely our developers know that those pieces aren't the ones people are irritated about dropping in raids. Rancor drops Carbantis that I am always out of, cool. Rancor drops eyeball salvage that I have 2000 of, not cool.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    leef wrote: »

Surely our developers know that those pieces aren't the ones people are irritated about dropping in raids. Rancor drops Carbantis that I am always out of, cool. Rancor drops eyeball salvage that I have 2000 of, not cool.

What i was trying to imply is that maybe he using carbanti's as a way to justifiy the unjustifyable.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Edison
    154 posts Member

Very new players at very low levels. I’m not disagreeing with you - it’s a massive problem. They probably have a total number of accounts and look at anyone who started playing and never got past tier 1 of their challenges before quitting and use that as their metric for “millions of people who can’t farm it yet”

That’s why I thought a cap on any gear would work. Even beyond challenge gear, I’m sitting on certain raid gear by the hundreds that I don’t need anymore - My thought was anything you need you’re likely using, and anything that builds up to such a high number is probably not something you’re looking to get more of.

Only potential issue is if you’re saving all of the gear to get Wampa unlocked and he needs 300+ of something and you stop yourself from being able to use raids to farm that. Not the biggest issue in the world, and CG can look at that as a way to try to get people to use and then have to panic buy gear - that’s all that matters right?
  • Syringes, Carbantis, and Keypads are not what people mean by challenge gear. Those items are available in challenges, but they are used by so many characters, often directly with no other gear required. But then you have HAAT and today I find out the sith raid too, giving out the half of gold-level gear that I have literally thousands of because it's available in challenges daily, even though there's no way I can ever use this much because the other half is very hard to get.

It would make sense if you got a bunch of the easy half in challenges, and the hard half was only available via farming nodes or in raids. That's how I would expect it to work. But no, we get the easy half just as often from raids as we get the hard half. So now I have 2699 Mk9 Fabritech Data Pad Salvage and 12 Mk9 Fabritech Data Pad Components, meanwhile I only have five slots where a complete one could even be used. Does this make sense? How is getting more of the salvage pieces for this gear a reward? How does it make me want to work hard to score in the top tier of the raid?

Now that I've discovered the Sith raid gives out similar gear, I'm even less excited about working on it. CG, if you guys have numbers showing that our impressions are wrong here, you should share them. If there's just like 5% of the player population who has crazy amounts of Mk9 Data Pad Salvage, but huge swaths of players who need it just as much as they need the Component half. Players who can't beat the AGI challenge, but who are in a guild completing the heroic AAT raid and have lots of G10 and G11 toons who need this gear, I'd be interested to hear about it.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Even the Toons know to run away from this Sith Raid trainwreck!
    https://youtu.be/7rL3Heqgacc
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf expose. please

This is for raid bosses only. (sorry for caps)

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.

Thanks my first FAQ :)

I guess I understand, but whats to stop you now from rolling back any changes going forward? Why should your players spend money on the game if in the near future those toons we buy or gear we put on or Zetas we use arent nerfed after? This is complete shady business tactics. People are paying real cash for a certain expectation of abilities and now those abilities are not where they were currently at.
  • I'm speaking for myself here, the majority of my guild and I imagine several thousand other players when I say why should we even bother with the new Raid?
    My guild is 90M+ GP and it takes us 5 days as is to get through tier 5. The rewards are junk. We could drop down to tier 4, but the rewards are even worse.
    Why should we even bother to play it when the rewards don't benefit any of us & they are mostly the same rewards we receive from Rancor & HAAT?
    We enjoy the new raid, but the majority of us feel it's pointless & a waste of time to continue as the time investment outweighs the benefits. Nerfing squads & toons will only make it take even longer. Did I mention we are a 90M GP guild & tier 5 takes us 5 days.
    This is one player and guild who will pass on the new raid until it becomes worth our investment.
  • We'll be able to over gear and continue to brute force the raid. That doesn't mean it's fun, creative, or innovative game play. The base mechanics of this raid are actually good, and would be fun to play around, like most MMO raids. HOWEVER removing almost everything that makes your character's kits unique/special/fun to play is poor poor design.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    So NS are capable of battling Traya well past enrage under Talzin's lead and using Zombie, so CG steps in to make sure that doesn't happen.

Yet the TM gain NS are supposed to receive when a detrimental effect is resisted has not worked since release is still being ignored?

You're literally punishing NS users for utilizing one WAI mechanic while another ISN'T working, and stopping the one that IS.

What exactly is the logic in that?

Please don't mention submitting a bug report for this. It's been done many times and nothing has been done.

P.S. To anyone that used a zeta for this raid on any toon and you're now having the rugged pulled out from under you don't bother asking for the materials back it isn't going to happen.

How many times has it been brought up with no fix... but since it only affects players that's okay. But then Zombie is causing an issue for the Raid - THEN it can be fixed.
    This games one big heaping garbage fire.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    I'm speaking for myself here, the majority of my guild and I imagine several thousand other players when I say why should we even bother with the new Raid?
    My guild is 90M+ GP and it takes us 5 days as is to get through tier 5. The rewards are junk. We could drop down to tier 4, but the rewards are even worse.

Hey, slight diversion from conversation but I haven’t been able to find this since we’re mid T6 raid. What’s the Guild Event Token range payout for T5? I think it still gives them out, and was curious what the drop off was.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    We should just stop playing the raid. Have a game wide boycott. Rewards suck anyways so we arent losing out on anything.
  • Sooooooooooooo are we going to bolster any of the other teams? Because nerfing the only source of damage in this raid is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.
This discussion has been closed.