Do you support the developers decision to nerf expose?

Prev13
Titan42
4 posts Member
edited March 2018
Let your voice be heard!

Do you support the developers decision to nerf expose? 298 votes

Yes
11%
SarcodinoTurukanoSkykrakercrixvaneColliiPlatzmanNo_TrySTRIKEBOMBValarielDr_CrazyfistsProximaB1_snarzenalOctavianTuncBlackEnderGamer87GRTLjwoahTantema_GarnikGildoMcFlayPeer 33 votes
No
88%
AetherCircuit8Syth_HunterJohnnySteelAlphaKhorvog_KarbossaZtylePraetor_ObsidianStarSonWenHandelSlevinBurgerAquillaPurfektshunDal_ZubaPiffGuruCorvusSpadeFreemanPotatoMananonidudekalidorDelmon_Ciiidrr 265 votes

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It might help if we knew how much it will be nerfed first.

But patience is not just in short supply here, it's non-existent.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No
    All I know is that I was building Resistance so that maybe one day my guild could do part 2 in the HAAT. Apparently expose is too good in the sith raid so now it has to get nerfed in HAAT too. But do they stop at expose? Do they also nerf deathmark's extra damage and pain's extra damage? Where are they going to draw the line?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    No
    CG has lost my complete support, and EA has lost my financial support as a customer. My guild has made an agreement to withhold putting any additional money into this game, and I'm drafting LOI and notifying EA Investor Relations that I am will no longer be a share holder. I have already contacted my credit card company to have the funds reversed. Don't care if I am banned from the game at this point.

I defended CG and EA for far too long. Heck, I created this account on here just to reply to a thread bashing CG with a reasonable defense of the dev team. Now I see what others have claimed about this company for some time.

CG's response to the STH fiasco is frankly the worst way to go about managing consumer and gamer expectations, and while they keep claiming SaaS based dynamicism, my experience as the head of a corporate UAT team, followed by a three year stint as a BA before landing on my current position as a PM overseeing multiple SaaS projects with far more dependencies and complexities than SWGoH. There are obvious development best practices that were not followed here. Fine. That's one issue, but to negatively impact RoI, to ignore user complaints regarding the opportunity cost involved with character cultivation, reducing the usefulness of newly acquired characters, and changing elements of the game that were not broken (The HAAT), has left me with a bad taste and broken trust.

My answer is ... no ... I do not support this decision.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    All I know is that I was building Resistance so that maybe one day my guild could do part 2 in the HAAT. Apparently expose is too good in the sith raid so now it has to get nerfed in HAAT too. But do they stop at expose? Do they also nerf deathmark's extra damage and pain's extra damage? Where are they going to draw the line?

How much damage is being removed from exposes in HAAT? How much of the damage in HAAT is from exposes?

Oh you don't know?

Ok.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    No
    TVF wrote: »

How much damage is being removed from exposes in HAAT? How much of the damage in HAAT is from exposes?

Oh you don't know?

Ok.

It isn't as if many of the recent decisions that this company has made has instilled the player base with confidence in them. That is also ignoring the fact that they are taking the simple solution to addressing one issue while simultaneously applying the solution to an element that doesn't need code changes. This is poor planning and is why the changes they make keep having unintended consequences.

• Pieriku
    73 posts Member
    No
    Where did you read that they were about to nerf expose ?
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    tell that to the devs doing the nerf, or the CG employees posting about the nerf
    In a game that requires multiple daily logins to stay relevant, and daily activities to stay in a good guild, and averages 13 million $ in revenue a month, it would be expected to have information timely, and fully. It would also be expected that if a proposed change that will affect all players has been decided that they would announce the details of the changes and not just summaries and vagueities like "soon" and "slightly increased" and "slightly decreased"

@TVF Im all about being an indivodual and all but I think you get a little too much joy out of being a contrarian
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    No
    Pieriku wrote: »
    Where did you read that they were about to nerf expose ?

In the STR Changes thread. They stated that it is all Raids, then made it clear as mud when questioned about the impact to the HAAT. The contradiction still hasn't been addressed.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    No
    In HAAT, the expose damage isn't really what clears the phase - it's the TM and cooldown reduction from Finn that keeps Resistance going, and bb8 churning out buffs. IIRC, the expose damage is only around 6k, which pales in comparison to the damage that everyone does once Illuminated Destiny is active. So if it's changed to 5k, it won't make a huge difference. But that being said, I don't see why it's necessary for AAT or Rancor to be affected by this change.
    I'd also like to see some tweaking of the raid bosses mechanics, not just the health pool. Stacking tenacity and speed seems a tad high. If TM removal is an issue, make bosses only take a % portion of the removal. The only reason expose is an issue is because it's irresistable, and almost nothing else is (other than Deathmark). And this causes the same teams to be good in all phases, which I don't agree with.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • No

If they finally decided to tell us anything, then they better tell everything about it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I give up. Someone remind me the next time I post anything in this insane place that I said I give up.
  • No

Do you think they would bother with all of this backlash for a small nerf that isn’t even significant? I’m not sure which decision would be worse there
  • No
    McMoles video sums it up best. It's not because RJT is too good, it's because EVERYTHING else has been neutered, immune to TM reduction, riddiculous tenacity, RJT teams are the only teams that actually work decently.. I mean I don't want to sit there for 20-30 minutes playing p1 like a game of chess to come out with only like .5% damage done
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    McMoles video sums it up best. It's not because RJT is too good, it's because EVERYTHING else has been neutered, immune to TM reduction, riddiculous tenacity, RJT teams are the only teams that actually work decently.. I mean I don't want to sit there for 20-30 minutes playing p1 like a game of chess to come out with only like .5% damage done

This situation is exactly what they're counting on. First CG sends players down a path of despair. Then, just before all hope is lost, they release some new OP character and have the GameChangers pumping out content supporting the corporate hype that the new hotness will actually do more than 2% damage in the Sith Raid. And when that happens, all these people that ranted about the new Raid on the forums, and ranted about the nerfs, and ranted about how evil CG is for tormenting them to the point that they refuse to spend another dime on the game ... these people will come rushing in to buy the new OP character. They will feel compelled to as a means to stop the despair they've been feeling since the release of the Sith Raid.

Sound familiar?

• Zevox
    172 posts Member
    No
    Of course not. Even as someone who doesn't have JTR, she doesn't need a nerf - there just needs to be other teams that are remotely on her level. It's pretty frustrating that this raid is designed in a way to make it such a slog for anyone that isn't in one of the most powerful guilds in the game, even if you've got plenty of good, high-gear teams.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    No
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

This situation is exactly what they're counting on. First CG sends players down a path of despair. Then, just before all hope is lost, they release some new OP character and have the GameChangers pumping out content supporting the corporate hype that the new hotness will actually do more than 2% damage in the Sith Raid. And when that happens, all these people that ranted about the new Raid on the forums, and ranted about the nerfs, and ranted about how evil CG is for tormenting them to the point that they refuse to spend another dime on the game ... these people will come rushing in to buy the new OP character. They will feel compelled to as a means to stop the despair they've been feeling since the release of the Sith Raid.

Sound familiar?

Agree, unless people stop acting like compulsive buyers everytime they drop a new paid character(spending hundreds or thousands) that is most likely what is going to happen.
    Perhaps if they see a huge income drop next month they may stop doing this.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »

Sound familiar?

I'm one complaining about the nerf, about the tenacity, about the stupid RNG mechanics of this raid.
    I used a while ago to put a lot of money on this game (HAAT time).
    I can insure you I won't rush for any OP toon, like I'm doing for the past months.
    And I'm sure many will do like me if they are still here.
  • Supgreg
    92 posts Member
    No
    I didn't spend nearly $300 to get Holdo to 7 stars and spend a zeta (a month of farming) to see it nerfed because the developers don't know how to balance a raid.

supgreg
    ally code: 768-283-451
    https://swgoh.gg/u/supgreg/
  • Yes
    Yeah man!

The game is still in beta, as far as I know, but even beyond that, I appreciate growth and development in any form, at any rate, in any enterprise. The fact the the devs want it, means it’s likely a game balance issue and I would rather have attempts at balance than an obtuse devotion to an out of date development model.
  • Yes
    They should have been doing nerfs right along as part of balancing the game. Nonstop power creep with newer better units that keep doing more and more bring us to exactly where we are right now...a game with broken mechanics that is impossible to balance. CG can't win now...if they make efforts to balance things people will rage, and if they just go ahead and keep releasing units that do more and more...well wait til you guys see how jacked up Traya makes arena lol.
  • No
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Yeah man!

The game is still in beta, as far as I know, but even beyond that, I appreciate growth and development in any form, at any rate, in any enterprise. The fact the the devs want it, means it’s likely a game balance issue and I would rather have attempts at balance than an obtuse devotion to an out of date development model.

The raid you mean? I understand what you're saying but I think expose works as it was meant to be. The problem is that every other team in this raid falls way short of jtr team. The problem isn't with expose but the raid mechanics. Ungodly tenacity on the raid bosses is the problem.
  • No
    They should have been doing nerfs right along as part of balancing the game. Nonstop power creep with newer better units that keep doing more and more bring us to exactly where we are right now...a game with broken mechanics that is impossible to balance. CG can't win now...if they make efforts to balance things people will rage, and if they just go ahead and keep releasing units that do more and more...well wait til you guys see how jacked up Traya makes arena lol.

But this is only "mostly" for sith raid. Everything else is off the table. Expose works just fine outside of the sith raid.
  • Krwind
    54 posts Member
    No
    the devs are really sick in the head - sth was warranted. To then take a step further to not just every onhit character change because they can't code properly and then to reduce expose.

they don't test their own game, they make it buggy to incite spending by everyone. Once that's accomplish, they then nerf the hell out of what's bought to extend the raid's life hiding behind balance and crap when in fact they don't give a ****.

Why i say they don't give a ****,
    1. lets look at teebo - that took them what 8 months to a year before they corrected his issue, all because sith assassin was coming up, and they wanna make it work and needed it to work before the masses can buy.
    2. expose was touched on previously on the release of finn zeta, after months of public "testing" by us and them trying to figure out why RT and Finn expose work with "new" and "old" applications of expose to produce tm - what did they do - leave it alone and change wording
    3. lets look at this raid - they are dealing with player base advantages and not giving a **** about raid bugs that are providing the raid with advantages. Such as incorrect tm reduction, hitting stealth characters and so on.
  • Elox
    1 posts Member
    No
    If JTR is nerfed the Sith Raid should be boycotted.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    No
    I feel like a fool for wasting the resources on FO to get bb8,had to spend cash on vets,so i could get a legendary toon...JTR needs a team of resistance to make any difference while CLS was able to run roughshod on rancor,solo part 1 of haat,run wild in arena for 6 months while Rey got her 1 m9nth of fame.
  • Yes
    Titan42 wrote: »
    But this is only "mostly" for sith raid. Everything else is off the table. Expose works just fine outside of the sith raid.

It don't matter...this game should have had more nerfing in general over the years. The point is if they kept things balanced instead of just using nonstop power creep toons to try and make the last OP thing they released have something that can beat it, we wouldn't have a game with such un-fun content.

People wouldn't care so much about this change if the game was more balanced, if expose, JTR mainly, got toned down in raids, you'd have plenty of other well performing teams to roll with. Problem is, we don't. We've got a very small handful of power house teams right now(some which are alright in this raid, some which are horrid), and probably 80%(that's being generous) of our rosters will be absolute garbage in this raid even with max gear and good mods.

Why should we have a JTR team doing 6 million, or a STHan team soloing a phase, when almost all other squads consider it a massive victory to break 1 million? Its lame. I don't think every team needs to be exactly even in all modes of play...but at the same time balance in this game is becoming a complete and utter joke. Let's have some more nerfs, nerfs are good...but let's also have some of the rubbish on the bottom get a bit of love a little more frequently.
  • SpadeFreeman
    868 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    I'm sure anyone who has seen me on here before already knows how I feel about this.

First off, they're just not leaving any space for actual planning strategy in the Sith Raid. You can't debuff them, you can't do any considerable amount of damage no matter who you play, you can't reduce TM, etc. Your ONE and ONLY option is to just put in as many high-damage teams as possible and just mindlessly smash everything you have against the boss. If your guild has enough damage overall to kill it, you win. If you don't....

There is no room for thinking in the Sith raid. You do it exactly the way that the devs want you to, any other strategy is wrong and you are not allowed to do it.

Also, this is clearly an example of the player-base figuring out a raid before the devs wanted us to. STHan should, by all reasonable measures, be allowed to create an infinite loop in the Sith raid. His ability gives turn-meter on damage, and he is constantly getting damaged. That is the basic nature of it.

But, as has become the usual for the devs, they broke their own rule. Just like with how the 'cannot be revived' rule for things like DT and DN was broken by Zombie, now the 'TM on damage' rule is broken by Sith Raid. His ability still states 'all other allies gain 20% turn meter when Han is damaged while his taunt is active'. That should, by the letter of the ability, work when he is damaged by Traya. But nope, that doesn't work now. Why?
    because we said so shut up.

Secondly, and onto the main subject of this thread, the Expose nerf is like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. Sure, you might kill the fly, but you're also destroying everything around it and this is clearly not the most efficient method!

Either the nerf is small so it doesn't negatively effect the other raids much, but fails to do its job of stopping expose from being so strong on Sith raid. Or the nerf is big enough to have an effect, and indirectly makes HAAT much harder.

One of my best teams for HAAT is Phoenix, thanks in large part to Sabine and Hera's Exposes. If I can suddenly no longer take down the turrets as easily thanks to Exposes, that puts a hole a few million damage wide in my contribution to our HAAT damage. That's not even to mention the Zeta Finn squad I'm building for it.

My guild hasn't cleared HAAT yet, but I will not be surprised if, on our next attempt, we are not as close as before. All because the devs got upset that players were doing the new content with existing characters, instead of their patent-pending Sith-Raid-Killerᵗᵐ
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • No
    Hell no. Just spent a month building resistance and dropping my first zeta on Finn so my small guild could begin to tackle HAAT. The business of changing well established teams just to support the Sith raid is crazy. This is the kind of thing that loses players (customers).
  • No
    How are we supposed to even clear t7 now? There is no way now
  • No
    Everyone has the same chance to farm the same toons. If anyone wasn’t farming Resistance, that’s THEIR fault. In this game, you prioritize your farming for toons and gear. And to the poster that said watch how OP Traya will be in arena, not likely since no one will unlock her for ages at this rate.