TW idea

Firstly, why have 2 back to back, then have 3 days cooldown for TB? Spread the TW out a bit.
Secondly, why not combine the preview phase with the set defense phase? To set defense, one must "sign in" at the same time. Would take a 3 day event and narrow it down to 2. By now we should have our defense strategies on point, and there is no point to give us time to plan, unless we know what guild we are going up against before.

Replies

• I'm not sure about the 3 day 'cooldown' between 2nd TW and TB. Probably just to give people a break so we don't get burnt out as fast.

I do know that the reason for the preview phase being separate from the setup phase is because matchmaking runs in a small 1-minute phase between preview and setup. This allows number of participants to be factored into matchmaking
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly, why have 2 back to back, then have 3 days cooldown for TB? Spread the TW out a bit.
    Secondly, why not combine the preview phase with the set defense phase? To set defense, one must "sign in" at the same time. Would take a 3 day event and narrow it down to 2. By now we should have our defense strategies on point, and there is no point to give us time to plan, unless we know what guild we are going up against before.

Plan once fight twice. Give everyone a break to plans nd recruit and make changes.

There are details of the defensive placement that are decided by matching and by sign up. They can't condense that. They need to know how many people have signed up and what you match is to give you the correct number of defensive placements.

We are always changing, tweaking and afjusting our plans oin multiple factors. I.e. maybe last time you ran into a good strategy you wan to adopt.
  • I'm not sure about the 3 day 'cooldown' between 2nd TW and TB. Probably just to give people a break so we don't get burnt out as fast.

I do know that the reason for the preview phase being separate from the setup phase is because matchmaking runs in a small 1-minute phase between preview and setup. This allows number of participants to be factored into matchmaking

According to the timers in game, we have about 4 hours for the current TW, and 3 days 4 hours for the start of TB. So splitting up the TWs would help with not being burned out. At least a day.

As for the preview phase, we don't get assigned an opponent until defense phase.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Plan once fight twice. Give everyone a break to plans nd recruit and make changes.

There are details of the defensive placement that are decided by matching and by sign up. They can't condense that. They need to know how many people have signed up and what you match is to give you the correct number of defensive placements.

We are always changing, tweaking and afjusting our plans oin multiple factors. I.e. maybe last time you ran into a good strategy you wan to adopt.

Basically the preview phase/sign up phase tallies how many people are actually joining, then that determines how many squads per area? That is understandable. What about having the TW separated a bit? It seems like the format is 2 TW, 3 day wait for the start of TB.
  • I’d be ok with starting TB after TW.