Splash Screen Observation - Y Wing

13Next

Replies

• Red herring. Also shows a Y-wing and Starkiller Base.

Now the Y-Wings is gone.. explain that
  • Red herring. Also shows a Y-wing and Starkiller Base.

Now the Y-Wings is gone.. explain that

Ok ... It's still there
  • jedi luke has been on load screen for a long minute now. He stood out way better b4 this most recent update. So dont read into tht. Eventually yes he will come to game but when,who knows.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    There’ll be something needed that we don’t have yet. Has to be a panic farm quotient. 3PO maybe.

This. If it's to be a Hero's Journey, something will be conspicuously added three months ahead, that we will obviously need at 7*.

We won't need Hermit, would too greatly restrict possible participants (and therefore, possible spenders)

What do you mean? Everyone in the bigger guilds who have been farming hermit yoda from the start already has him at 7*. No one is alienated. It's your choice if you don't have him by the time of the event. And the last minute character is obviously gonna be force ghost ben, which makes me nauseous just thinking about it. In Luke's journey, he learns Jedi 101 from ben, 201 and 301 from yoda, then 401 from dead ben. Haha. Or something like that.

If it's a HJ style event, and you must have HY at 7* to earn Luke, then anyone who does not have HY at 7* already is defacto excluded from the event. They aren't going to want to restrict possible spenders to only players who already had HY at 7*.

It's not relevant whether "You should have had him by now" what will be relevant to the business decision is how many people actually have him when the event goes live. Anyone who doesn't, won't spend to earn Luke (because they can't get him no matter what in that case).

What will matter to whether you need HY is what the penetration of players who have him when the event goes into final production. If 80% of the player's have him at 7* then yeah, you'll probably need him. If only 5% of the players have him then they're just not going to make him mandatory. These events are meant to motivate spending, and if players can't spend to complete the requirements then it doesn't do that.
  • Oorun
    40 posts Member
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    There’ll be something needed that we don’t have yet. Has to be a panic farm quotient. 3PO maybe.

This. If it's to be a Hero's Journey, something will be conspicuously added three months ahead, that we will obviously need at 7*.

We won't need Hermit, would too greatly restrict possible participants (and therefore, possible spenders)

What do you mean? Everyone in the bigger guilds who have been farming hermit yoda from the start already has him at 7*. No one is alienated. It's your choice if you don't have him by the time of the event. And the last minute character is obviously gonna be force ghost ben, which makes me nauseous just thinking about it. In Luke's journey, he learns Jedi 101 from ben, 201 and 301 from yoda, then 401 from dead ben. Haha. Or something like that.

If it's a HJ style event, and you must have HY at 7* to earn Luke, then anyone who does not have HY at 7* already is defacto excluded from the event. They aren't going to want to restrict possible spenders to only players who already had HY at 7*.

It's not relevant whether "You should have had him by now" what will be relevant to the business decision is how many people actually have him when the event goes live. Anyone who doesn't, won't spend to earn Luke (because they can't get him no matter what in that case).

What will matter to whether you need HY is what the penetration of players who have him when the event goes into final production. If 80% of the player's have him at 7* then yeah, you'll probably need him. If only 5% of the players have him then they're just not going to make him mandatory. These events are meant to motivate spending, and if players can't spend to complete the requirements then it doesn't do that.

+1
  • My guess would be CLS, R2, Captain Han, Hermit Yoda (maybe assisting CLS versus the Vader illusion?) and maybe Lando, then again it could turn into a event that for the first time requires more than just 5 characters.
  • Just thinking of random characters they could release to induce panick farming. C3P0 as he is missing and has been a main character from the start. Also a important art of Luke's life.

• On the old splash screen, not the previous but the one before, it has CLS. I do think it’s an indicator of things to come, but not in the near future. My money is may for the ROTJ anniversary or August to be a year after the original CLS event.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    I know it's a tired cliche but "Splash Screen Luke" would be an awesome band name. Or a bad superhero name.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    OK. Maybe to change the subject a bit from all the topics these last couple weeks regarding updates.

Did anyone else notice on the splash screen as it loads the game there is a Y wing fighter? Does this mean it may make an appearance and who might it's pilot be? Dutch? Pops? Dex? Evaan Vertaine? Keyan Farlander? Wes Janson?

Discuss.

If we get a new rebel pilot my guess is Wes or another Rogue for Jedi luke event.

The roster stands:
    Cls
    R2
    Hermit yoda
    Captain han (50/50)

Rolo is, imo, unlikely for the 5th spot as she isn't with luke during the battle of Hoth and is only briefly seen by luke on bespin. Which leaves the most likely candidate as a Rogue. Now they could be nice and use wedge, maybe reworked with a zeta. But after the JTR event I wouldn't put it past them to release Wes, Hobbie or another Rogue in vet smuggler fashion.

It's obviously gonna require Vader.. as you will have to have him and CLS battle emperor Palpatine as final stage and Vader will be sacrificed like Old Ben fashion.
  • Speculation: I remember them mentioning ewoks as being an important part of Luke's journey in the lead up. This had lead to rumors of C3P0, but could also be Endor Leia. Just speculation.
  • The events of the first heroes journey took place in a new hope, to unlock CLS, so the events of the next heroes journey are going to take place during empire. Luke doesn’t even speak to 3P0 in empire, so I’d rule that out now.

When they add grand master Luke, that should be events from ROTJ, in which case 3P0 will be likely.
  • Vader Redemption Luke! Requires 3po, endor luke, endor leia, endor han, endor rex... all released 30 days prior with $99.99 packs of 100 shards and tier 8 gear.
  • Let's not pretend like it's not there. It sticks out like a sore thumb and everyone is talking about it. Only a matter of time before we see it...

XL Lightsaber QGJ.

Did you see the length of that thing? There is no way he could duel in a room with low ceiling clearance.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    He's going to take someone's eye out with it, that's for sure. It's clearly a health and safety issue
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    Personally I’m most excited for Star Killer Base to be added to the game. Imagine the DPS of that thing!
  • He'll get a reissue just like the original potf figures of the late 90s that first came out with long sabers
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Not a hint at anything, just deceptive false advertising of content that‘s not ingame....
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    He's just pulling the old fisherman's trick of holding it closer to the camera to make it look bigger. There's a reason all fishermen hold their catch out in front of them in photos :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Wow u guys are so funny an obviously blind as the last splash screen b4 this most recent update also had jedi luke on it as well. So its not new hes just situated in a diff position. Same with the Y-wing if im not mistaken. They just chgd the way everything is situated on screen. I wont say for certain about the Y-wing cuz i got short term memory probs lol but luke i can most definitely say without a shadow of a doubt he has been on the splash screen for a very long time now
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one that noticed.

QGJ buff incoming
  • Jedi Knight Luke is coming for Christmas... will need Slave Bikini Leia, Carbonite Han, All the Ewoks, CLS, Hermit Yoda, and Force Ghost Ben... Glorious!
  • Wow u guys are so funny an obviously blind as the last splash screen b4 this most recent update also had jedi luke on it as well. So its not new hes just situated in a diff position. Same with the Y-wing if im not mistaken. They just chgd the way everything is situated on screen. I wont say for certain about the Y-wing cuz i got short term memory probs lol but luke i can most definitely say without a shadow of a doubt he has been on the splash screen for a very long time now

What does this have to do with QGJ's Swartz?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Wow u guys are so funny an obviously blind as the last splash screen b4 this most recent update also had jedi luke on it as well. So its not new hes just situated in a diff position. Same with the Y-wing if im not mistaken. They just chgd the way everything is situated on screen. I wont say for certain about the Y-wing cuz i got short term memory probs lol but luke i can most definitely say without a shadow of a doubt he has been on the splash screen for a very long time now

The sarcasm is not strong with this one.
  • Kisafir
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It's gotta be the one and only Qui Gone Gym

vlcw9Xu.jpg
  • HanJobo wrote: »
    Did you see the length of that thing? There is no way he could duel in a room with low ceiling clearance.

I thought he was sweeping the floor!
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Least I don't have to see Jedi Luke rubbing one out on the "splash" screen now
  • I’d love for more ships to be in the game.