US players PSA

Prev13
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
No, the game does not adjust for daylight savings. Yes, your payouts will be an hour different starting tomorrow. No, they will not be changing it. Not even "soon".

Just trying to get out front on this one. ;)
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Its gonna be easier to convince whole world to get rid of daylight savings
  • Wait so your saying my payout will be an hour different. An hour different today's time, tomorrows time. I'm so confused.
  • Krokovich wrote: »
    Its gonna be easier to convince whole world to get rid of daylight savings

:D
  • This is actually better for me, gives me an extra hour
  • End DST!

-t. Arizonan no longer in Arizona

I wonder if I could drum up enough support for an obnoxious protest.
  • Krokovich wrote: »

Just like convincing the whole world to give up the imperial measurement system. Oh wait I guess the US will not be leading the charge lol.

No malice intended just poking fun guys
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Krokovich wrote: »

Just like convincing the whole world to give up the imperial measurement system. Oh wait I guess the US will not be leading the charge lol.

Florida just passed the bill to eliminate the time change for us not sure if it's gonna take affect yet but soon no more for us
  • What's crazy is not even the whole country...and even some citoes and counties within a state dont observe DST LOL
  • I personally appreciate DST. Never really understand why people get so angry about it.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    Daylight savings is going to be done away with soon. Look it up
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I personally appreciate DST. Never really understand why people get so angry about it.
    They don't understand why it exists.

The purpose of Daylight Saving time is to shift the active portion of your day to when the sun is out. People are more likely to walk, less likely to use artificial lighting, and less likely to commit crimes when the sun is out. It's a very minor amount of electricity and gas saved per person, but spread out over millions of people it's substantial.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »

Folks also don't get why we still use old units, for that matter either. Metric is definitely better for science and things that require precision, but Standard is better for practical things--an inch is about the size of your thumbpad, a yard is about the size of a stride, and Fahrenheit is better for measuring temperature and its relative comfort for people.

Besides, it's all arbitrary anyway. A meter used to be defined as 1/1,000,000,000 the number of steps it takes to get from Paris to the North Pole, now it's defined as the distance a wavelength of light emitted from a cesium atom travels in 1/c of a second, where c is the speed of light. None of it matters, it's just what you're used to! :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Wait so your saying my payout will be an hour different. An hour different today's time, tomorrows time. I'm so confused.

If your arena payout was at 6pm tonight, it will be at 7pm Sunday evening. And every evening until November.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Btw, @NicWester is preaching all kinds of truth up in here. Y'all best be paying attention.

• Cyggy
    26 posts Member
    Wait.. if it was 6pm shouldnt it be 5pm? You lose an hour right?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »

Florida just passed the bill to eliminate the time change for us not sure if it's gonna take affect yet but soon no more for us

Sort of. Florida voted to stay on the time change year round. The rest of the country is currently about to come off of DST.
  • Cyggy wrote: »

Wrong, its based on what time zone/ if it was daylight savings when you started the game.
  • Spring ahead
  • Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    Spring ahead

Don't forget fall back
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Daylight saving never changers your arena payout. Nor does changing your timezone. To many possibilities for exploits. This has always been the case.
    Besides, the US may be moving the clock, but it's not a coordinated global thing. Why should I, as an Israeli player, have to change my PO because the US changed their clock? Why should a German or Japanese player do that? There are other countries and other players out there.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Daylight saving never changers your arena payout. Nor does changing your timezone. To many possibilities for exploits. This has always been the case.
    Besides, the US may be moving the clock, but it's not a coordinated global thing. Why should I, as an Israeli player, have to change my PO because the US changed their clock? Why should a German or Japanese player do that? There are other countries and other players out there.

At the end of the day, the game is ultimately controlled by a USA based company, the Americans will do what they see fit.

• LighTofHeaven
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NicWester wrote: »

Folks also don't get why we still use old units, for that matter either. Metric is definitely better for science and things that require precision, but Standard is better for practical things--an inch is about the size of your thumbpad, a yard is about the size of a stride, and Fahrenheit is better for measuring temperature and its relative comfort for people.

Besides, it's all arbitrary anyway. A meter used to be defined as 1/1,000,000,000 the number of steps it takes to get from Paris to the North Pole, now it's defined as the distance a wavelength of light emitted from a cesium atom travels in 1/c of a second, where c is the speed of light. None of it matters, it's just what you're used to! :P

In vacuum :)

Edit: 1/10,000,000, not billionth.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Fahrenheit is better for measuring temperature and its relative comfort for people.

Celsius is more logical and much more comfort to people.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

love the reasoning behind standard being better for anything. Same reasoning applies to why americans used the word "sidewalk" instead of "pavement". ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Cyggy wrote: »

In the spring you "lose" an hour (of sleep) because you "spring ahead". You actually moved your clock ahead one hour - so what was happening at 6pm Saturday will be happening at 7pm on your now-ahead 1 hour clock.

I know brohan, math is hard.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on

• I just want to know when I can spend all this daylight I've been saving.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

we really do need to get rid of that. The Metric system is so much better.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Goodgil wrote: »
    Daylight saving never changers your arena payout.

It changes mine by one hour each, but thanks for the misleading post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • big_bad wrote: »
    I just want to know when I can spend all this daylight I've been saving.

Take it to the bank and in a few weeks it might become a summer
    Ally code 428-543-243