Anyone else find this raid unfun?

Replies

• Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    I wanted to Vote for Yes but i checked No by mistake so sorry about that.This raid sucks big time!Like someone said before me,unable to remove TM or apply buffs is stupid.And how about that Nihilus using DF to remove health as well as cooldowns,annihilating every 2-3 turns and stealing your buffs?And the rewards are a bad joke.My last rewards were 3 Mk3 Carbantis and other gear parts that i have by the thousands from the daily challenges.
  • Other(explain)
    I honestly wouldn’t mind that the raid is meant to beat your head against a brick wall of the rewards weren’t a total joke
  • Yes
    I don't find it fun at all. im the leader of my guild and have a hard time telling guildmates to attack it so we can get it over with and done when I find it to be a monotonous grind with **** rng. the fact that they have plans to nerf jedi rey especially after I spent all that time and money to get her really puts a bad taste in my mouth. because im the leader I am obligated to set an example and post decent scores. presently I don't want to launch another id rather turn off the game and watch tv.
  • No
    Love the new raid.

It’s difficult and that sucks but it’s super fun to work through the different teams on my roster to see what team does best. I know that sooner or later, just like the other raids, it will get cracked with the perfect lineup so it’s about being patient and trying new ways to have fun with it.

Thumbs up!
  • Yes
    Graphics are great.

Gameplay and rewards are seriously lacking. I just auto it to make a token contribution to the guild. I prefer we spend our tickets elsewhere.
  • Yes
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    The mechanic is terrible, many conflict in abilities there. Causing many chars can't work as expected. Then it's wording game for someone who expect explanation on why char A like that, why char B like that, etc.

Also, it's force guild to MUST HAVE JTR team. Maybe it's fun for gigantic guild, but no fun at all for smaller guild.

I’m in a VERY ACTIVE guild with 126m+ GP and it still sucks.
  • Yes
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Love the new raid.

It’s difficult and that sucks but it’s super fun to work through the different teams on my roster to see what team does best. I know that sooner or later, just like the other raids, it will get cracked with the perfect lineup so it’s about being patient and trying new ways to have fun with it.

Thumbs up!

Nope. They’ll just nerf it. (Like they are doing RIGHT NOW)
  • DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    Liked it at first, it was a challenge. After a week in and still in phase 2 of T6 in a 100m gp guild, It has become a chore to do my daily battle for a 1% progress. And yeah I don't see any strategy that overcomes all the tenacity and shield. Nothing to be done except hitting as hard as you can before the boss becomes OP and goes full berserk on you.

Oh and yeah, adding share of the reward rant. It's not worth the effort at all.
  • Morgon_Kara
    67 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    Been at it since day 1. Nihilus is at 83%
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    I can't stand this new raid. It has quality components but I find I want nothing to do with it and I love everything Sith. Nihilus ruins the raid for me. The rewards are laughingly bad, and the hit points... Oh those hit points.

I found it silly CG have made an effort to speed up the game with all these new sims, but then they release this raid. You can't auto it, besides maybe the Sion phase. You have to sit there and juggle special buffs which I hate.
    Post edited by AtlasMKx on
  • OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    Voted yes. While it's interesting to try different combos to achieve different results while theory crafting totally bizarre scenarios, it ultimately comes down to looking at the raid, yawning, hoping it gets killed by someone other than me so I don't have to sit there and try and get the "perfect run" (of which is 6-8% at best). Very exhausting, and that says a lot because this game requires zero physical activity.

Instead of nerfing Rey, just take away that obsene stacking tenacity feature to ensure teams "find a competitive place."
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    It’s not even necessarily the difficulty that makes it hard to enjoy this raid, but the tremendous amount of health is what makes it such an arduous drag.
    We’ve worked our way up to T5 to see where we’d plateau (time investment vs reward pay out) and we’ve been fighting Nihilus for almost 48 hours now. Looks like maybe 70mil damage so far and only 2/3 through P1. Most members have stopped fighting him because they’re just bored of it now, making the phase steadily take even longer..
    And like others have said, most of the fun of the other raids is puzzling together various squad combinations that are surprisingly effective. Toons that you’d never normally use together. This is different. Nothing really “works”. They’ve put too many mechanics in place that prevent any type of real strategy, so it’s just DPS until you die (soon). And all of the slightly more effective tactics have now been removed. It wasn’t just STH, but that whole list of a dozen characters that no longer trigger any On Damage effects.
    Taking a chisel to a mountain is the best analogy that someone used here. The excitement of a new raid has quickly turned to apathy.
  • Yes
    I'm in a pretty young guild with only a handful of members at level 85. I understand this raid is not "designed" for us, with our small rosters and underpowered toons, but when Tier 3 is a 4-day grind, something seems broken. The rewards aren't worth the effort, especially since we run Hancor and normal AAT on 2-day cycles. We dropped down to Tier 2 so we can maintain a steady supply of guild credits, and we'll revisit the idea of Tier 4 for better gear once we all level up a bit, but no one is enthusiastic. Our heavy hitters with deeper rosters aren't viewing it as a puzzle and just run it on auto. So yeah, it's unfun. Maybe in 6 months when all our rosters are deeper I'll change my mind, but it's literally the one activity in this game I put off for as long as possible.
  • unfun? just three hours ago a 3m gp guild member quit the game!
    4 days in tier5 for these rewards and then they want downgrade the best character...
    unfun?
    this raid, his rewards and the behavier around it is the beginning of the end of our guild...
  • Yes
    It has some interesting dynamics but on the whole it is not fun. Why they thought it would be a good idea to introduce a raid with phases over 100 million in health is beyond me. As an officer in a 100 million + guild, I have not seen much enthusiasm for this raid whatsoever.
  • Yes
    When I first read about the mechanics, I actually thought it looked very interesting. Not relying on TMR or getting the expose train rolling, seemed like it would make the raid a different experience and have you think about strategy and using the raid-specific abilities correctly. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out like that and it pretty much just boils down to 'what toon can hit the hardest' since most synergies and way too many abilities are rendered completely useless. Top that off with a crazy amount of health on the bosses and it quickly becomes a tedious grind :(
    The hype was actually quite high in my fairly casual guild. We abandoned our first attempt and went for a tier lower(perfectly fine with that for new end-game content) and are now on the second go at it.
    The hype/enthusiasm, however, is utterly gone and getting people to actively participate will likely be tough going forward. After seeing the rewards I feel exactly the same disappointment and can't see myself putting much of an effort into trying to improve.
  • Other(explain)
    Pre-nerfs the only thing I didn't like was Nihilus's randomness in when he uses anihillate, causing you to make many rereats when you waste the raid buff or get a toon killed.
    After the nerfs I suspect it will be a grindfest with 0 fun involved.
  • Yes
    Too much HP, lower tiers not balanced properly for their target players, effort and time to reward ratio is terrible.
  • Yes
    So much potential with KOTOR 2 universe and a great character as the heroic reward so i was really looking forward the heroic raid as i am in a +135M GP guild.
    Now the raid feels over complicated, overall rewards not really motivating for most of my guildmates and finally the unjustified expose nerf makes the heroic raid feels impossible to beat and no idea if any strategy we are working on will be deemed acceptable with the ever-evolving "design" rules.
    And I get very little excitement from impossible games.
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The only phase I dont like is Nihilus because of the protection gain. Its a silly gimmick. The other phases are fun. I am just really salty with their curbing of ingenuity.
  • Yes
    Literally thought I am having no fun with this whilst having a turn today. For me it feels like such a drag at T5. Guys have put in over 60m of damage and it looks like we've got at least a number of more days staring at that progression bar. I enjoy the content and the addition of KOTOR content but I'm not feeling the raid so far. It is still early days.
  • Yes
    I think it’s a chore. P1 drags forever, the balance is off with the other phases and we are already having people only entering the raid when P1 is over. I was the main contributor to beating P1, went to sleep as it was just beaten. Now I come back to the game, P2 has been destroyed and I’m in the depth of the raid chart... I’m gutted.

• Yes
    Do think rewards are meager. 1-2 pieces on some gears is pretty weak for the multi day committment. ***For that reason as well, don’t believe rewards should be same like in TB or TW. A raid is a raid with varying levels of contributions. Players need to be rewarded accordingly***
  • Yes
    Where’s the **** Death Star raid...Sith raid and Traya
  • Yes
    Basically i just press auto if the team I run is not the best of best sqaud that can do decent dmg
  • Yes
    I agree with what you wrote.
    The Art design is great and a new raid seems very cool in the first place.
    What is this Sitraid now?
    Basically before the nerf its a festival for Jtr (a Toon that not everybody has!!!)
    They promised mechanics to overcome the sith...it`s just no mechanics at all, its a stupid kick at very healthy opponents
    The other raids before all of the comunity was able to do it now its simply not possible for lower guilds...and even for top 30 guilds its not easy ...which is good in the first place.
    The point is what is a raid supposed to be? a challenge? a reward for whales? or even fun ?
    without any mechanic a raid is just not good designed which this one obviously is :-(
  • Salty01
    105 posts Member
    This raid is like trying to cut a redwood down with a pocket knife. Very disappointing to say the least, and rewards are a joke unless you are doing heroic.
  • Yes
    Westkante wrote: »
    I agree with what you wrote.
    The Art design is great and a new raid seems very cool in the first place.
    What is this Sitraid now?
    Basically before the nerf its a festival for Jtr (a Toon that not everybody has!!!)
    They promised mechanics to overcome the sith...it`s just no mechanics at all, its a **** kick at very healthy opponents
    The other raids before all of the comunity was able to do it now its simply not possible for lower guilds...and even for top 30 guilds its not easy ...which is good in the first place.
    The point is what is a raid supposed to be? a challenge? a reward for whales? or even fun ?
    without any mechanic a raid is just not good designed which this one obviously is :-(

I'm still puzzling over the tier 4-6 difficulty. It seems totally out of whack with the listed toon minimum requirements.

All I can think of is that ROTJ luke will have the most broken mechanics ever to make phase 1 of tier 4 fit the described minimum. But he'd have to have a broken leadership that, at level 70 (so not even its max zeta potential) grants rebels and jedi 500% offense, 500% tenacity, heal on crit, 50% chance with a basic attack to bring special attacks off CD and irresistible 100% TMR on a special attack. That's like the only way I can think level 70, 4* g8 toons could reasonably get through the raid in a week.
  • No
    I voted no and then realized the question is "unfun". No, the raid is not fun. It's a chore and it was not thought out.

Take all the fluff away from the descriptions and it reads "try your luck grinding against the Sith with ability-less and mod-less toons, if you succeed, we will nerf it".

"P.S. You need JTR, for now"

This raid goes against everything they try to sell the game with in its description in the store. Not to mention the fact that the have-to-have's has already blown up over the last months.

Sorry to the folks loosing guildies over this. It's not just the raid though, the raid is the straw.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Yes
    Pretty conclusive poll really. Doubt anyone will pay attention but reducing health by a slight amount will do nothing to increase the fun factor.