look at whats happening guys

ok so i know for a fact i will get more bad responses than good ones from this but this is what i see.

1.CLS and RJT reigns terror for months and destroys everything

2. Game reworks Palps and vader (thank you very much for real) balances out and gives the darkside a fighting chance.

3. Sion and the trimverate drops making sith a legit threat.

4. LS comes back and completly kills any notion that you can be successfull without playing them. (rex lead coming back is on par with the CLS rebuttle to thrawn. Say what you will) palps aint even viable anymore.

LOL another light side toon that rips apart the notion that you could actually be happy playing DS toons.

Do your worst i dont give a ****

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You forgot about GK+Zarriss, nightsisters (probably others) and on my shard Rex was always present throughout all the other METAs.
  • Palp is a far cry from not being viable. He isn't dominating the meta the way RJT or CLS did after their releases, but these Rex lead teams aren't making it impossible to run dark side by any means. I haven't found a single Rex lead that I can't obliterate on offense with the "nightmare team," even though they seem to be able to tag me back.

My hope is that because Palp lead hasn't destroyed diversity in arena that maybe he won't be completely hard countered by some new toon in a couple months and remains relevant until Traya becomes available as the optimal dark side lead. In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying my Palp lead sith team in arena.
  • Rex lead is a joke for sith. Are you nuts? Sion mass dispel = death to Rex. Maybe they can win on offense.

• My shard has no Rex leads in top 20. RJT or EP only. There’s some cls and a few Rex on top 50.
  • Palp isn't dead, but he's opened the door for a more diverse arena ladder and there are a lot of viable options on offense these days.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    * starts by saying: I'm going to get alot of bad responses for this
    * says something not even remotely true
    * feels vindicated because people respond badly.
    winner winner chicken dinner.!!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Some people have to learn to let go of the myth that you can hold out on defense in the Arena. Most teams can defeat every other team on defense save for a few exception. Get over it.
  • Imo it's not the LS chars that bring down the new DS rework. It's the DS themself that causing their destruction. The mirror match that nobody likes with heavy RNG dependent. People get bored then switch team. I bet that people who use rex lead mostly use papa palp zeta lead before
  • "Palpatine ain't even viable anymore"

Palpatine is currently dominating the arena, but go ahead and talk about the light side bias that must exist because Rex has one of the few kits that can counter palpatine

Posts like these are cancerous
  • I don't agree that Palpatine is finished, but at the same time I really hate Rex. I see a Rex team and I avoid it, no matter what I'm playing. Always have hated that guy. Kinda wish I'd have invested in him early on, since apparently he refuses to ever fully get out of the arena.
  • zzilla
    28 posts Member
    never bought into the palp lead zeta hype. rex lead with wampa and talzin thrawn and gk. holds my top 10 spot obernight
  • TimMarshall
    180 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I destroy Palp teams with my CLS lead. People just want to use Palp. I have him double zetaed. He just sits due to lack of mods. Too lazy to swap mods.
  • I was actually using Rex lead during the CLS and then JTR metas and was able to beat any team. He’s truly a great lead. I switched to Palp when he got his rework. Rex is extremely easy to counter though. Sion can work but I don’t have mine geared yet so I use B2. Sith also have extremely low crit rate so I don’t think Rex is the best to counter Sith.

I wonder how zQGJ + GMYoda teams would hold? Opening foresight followed by Yodas BM. It worked before..
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    So Rex destroys palp ? who cares ? Nightsisters, GK/zBarris, CLS, JTR & FO all destroy Rex with ease...