Bring back galactic war

xNine
82 posts Member
Galactic War used to be one of the main focuses in this game. It's a great testing ground for undeveloped teams and allows players to actually get some play time in. At the time the credits and shards (on top of the currency as well) used to be necessary to excel. Now, with the massive nerf to the teams one faces (galactic war used to be way harder on nodes 6, 11,12) and the ability to sim, galactic war is literally non existent in most users experience. I beg you developers, I don't post on the forums often, please make this game mode more relevant. Add 6 more nodes that aren't simmable have difficult enemies, but have better rewards.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You know you don't have to sim right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • xNine wrote: »
    It's a great testing ground for undeveloped teams...... Add 6 more nodes that aren't simmable have difficult enemies, but have better rewards.

It still is a great testing ground for undeveloped squads. It's not a testing ground for extremely well developed squads.

And much to the angst of most people that request better gear for beating any "new" nodes or higher levels of opponents, I am against that.

As a top tier player, you should already get better rewards by finishing all the recurring events. You should not need to get better rewards daily for the GW, which is fixed in rewards based on the number of nodes you complete. If you go 12/12, you get the highest reward. It should be that simple.
  • TVF wrote: »

It's not about the siming, it's more about the difficulty that went down by a lot ever since they nerfed it.

I think that the best thing to do is once you get the 150 GW wins and you're able to sim it, just make every node a g12 zeta'd hard team so people can test out if they want or they can sim it if they don't care. Keep it easy until that so weaker players can get it finished faster.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    TVF wrote: »

It's not about the siming, it's more about the difficulty that went down by a lot ever since they nerfed it.

I understand that, I was just responding to the OP, who seems to think it's at least partly about the siming.
  • I would like it to be the way it was. I always told my guild, “If you aren’t finishing GW, you’re doing it wrong”. There was strategy! and I enjoyed the difficulty, it was the challenge that made me want to play. I can finish GW now with a 1 or 2 toon squad...and yes, I still play through. Keep the sim, I don’t care. But please bring back the difficult version. I do not understand the want for lack of actual PLAY in this game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Test your teams in the new sith raid. There’s a challenge for ya.

How many other game modes don't let you use debuffs though.
  • RodgerSterlingArcher
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    On one side you have players like me, who only beat GW 2 or 3 times a week, and run into teams multiples stronger that absolutely demolish my entire (albeit small) roster, and on the other: high ranking players say it is too easy now and it used to be harder....There has to be a happy median somewhere.

Another post suggest Regular GW, and Heroic GW, which could not be simmed and has increased rewards.

Whatever (if) the devs decide the changes would be, it would be unfortunate if newer players couldn't get more than 1/2 way through GW because it became more difficult, and seasoned players only had (seems like have) arena to look forward to on a daily basis.