Motivation to keep playing?

Mine really is at a low point at the moment.

Look, I'm usually not the type of guy who constantly complains about a game, but....

As I mentioned in the feedback section, GW became extremly hard from one day to another. And this was the part of the game that was most fun for me and my motivation to farm/star/lvl and gear up new chars.

Yesterday, I don't remember if it was in GW or in arena, a Sid dodged my attacks 4 times in a row. A bit later a Lumi dodged 5 consecutive attacks. In another fight Daka revived 2 chars at once (I didn't even know that's possible!).
Right now I simed 12 fights to farm purple gear. Guess how many I got? Yeah, zero.

I really don't see much that motivates me to keep on playing.

Thx for listening!

Replies

• Sunken costs?
  • the love of the game motivates me. Thx for listening!
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the game, huge SW fan also, so I really want to keep playing, but the game doesn't make it an easy choice for me atm. And EA/CG with their tactics neither. GW matchmaking is based on highest arena sqadpower? No, definitly not, at least not for me. AI doesn't have an dodging advantage? I can't remember one of my toons ever dodging 4 consecutive attacks.
  • If you are beat GW every time, max your heroes in min time and never has a problem in beating an opponent in arena is motivating you more than plan your next steps wise to beat gw in future and reach #1 of your arena ladder?
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    If you are beat GW every time, max your heroes in min time and never has a problem in beating an opponent in arena is motivating you more than plan your next steps wise to beat gw in future and reach #1 of your arena ladder?

**** did I just read?
  • I've been playing since early January and I must admit I'm kinda bored already.

I've spent a bit on crystals and have bout 10 level 70 toons on 8/9 gear, beat GW easily every day.

Steady 25/50 rank.

The daily routine is becoming mind numbingly boring.

The game needs some new features and a faction/alliance development.

Without it I doubt I'll bother spending anything beyond February until new content and features are introduced.

In the space of a month I've become a top player for little less than £100.
  • Game logic is terrible at best. In GW 6* gear vii Dooku, lightening attack was deflected 17 times before I just said F' it and left GW

Squad was 65 Lumi 6* lead group

Didn't matter who I attacked each toon deflected ??

Not to mention the gear searching now .. Went thru 340 energt and ZERO pieces for gear kit VI .. You think EA put that gear tracker in the gear for YOUR benefit or their ability to restrict achievement?? Items like that are programmed into the AI to see patterns like: time in game, spend, rank etc etc .. Then calculate what you're able to achieve .. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

Game is sadly just Preying on the Star Wars brand

Marvel contest of champions is way better

Think EA got some clown devops guys in the cheap because the AI in this game is horrific
  • Game logic is terrible at best. In GW 6* gear vii Dooku, lightening attack was deflected 17 times before I just said F' it and left GW

Not to mention the gear searching now .. Went thru 340 energt and ZERO pieces for gear kit VI .. You think EA put that gear tracker in the gear for YOUR benefit or their ability to restrict achievement?? Items like that are programmed into the AI to see patterns like: time in game, spend, rank etc etc .. Then calculate what you're able to achieve .. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

Think EA got some clown devops guys in the cheap because the AI in this game is horrific

Because GW works with strings. That means it's predetermined to deflect/resist your Dooku's lightning on EVERY character.
    If you change and take a toon out and a new one in, you will find out that the string changes and Dooku might stun in this occassion.

As I am reading it you have too little knowledge atm to abuse this, otherwise if you did you would find it no problem to clear.

Take a B squad for some fights, get cannon fodder as well to blow enemy specials. Stop retreating if you start out bad and you are not gonna change up your composition.
    If enemy Dooku stuns your highest damage dealer, swap him with someone you don't mind being stunned and missing a turn. You will learn to recognize these strings and abuse it to your advantage.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Also would be fun if people could stop lying. 340 energy with 0 drops has never ever happened to me and I'm playing from late november.
    Droprates are bad, that's true but it's nowhere that bad as some people say.
    Especially when emotions come into play, people tend to exaggerate... a lot. Always fun to see people create a topic after 1 day of bad farming.

One day I had 3 dooku shards with 2x cantina refill and hard nodes. the next I had 21. Instead of crying like a little child, perhaps stop the biased and emo doodoo on this forum.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Game logic is terrible at best. In GW 6* gear vii Dooku, lightening attack was deflected 17 times before I just said F' it and left GW

Take a B squad for some fights, get cannon fodder as well to blow enemy specials. Stop retreating if you start out bad and you are not gonna change up your composition.
    If enemy Dooku stuns your highest damage dealer, swap him with someone you don't mind being stunned and missing a turn. You will learn to recognize these strings and abuse it to your advantage.
    That may work for 1 or 2 hard fights but if you constantly face hard teams starting as early as node 4 then you just won't make it to the end. Ok, maybe if you have enough time to try every fight a dozen times to get the RNG on your side, but I simply don't have 3 hours or more for GW every day. Not to mention that I tend to get angry really quick if the opponents constantly dodge/revive/bonus attack, etc.

• @Vodo

I do it on a daily base with the same stuff happening from node 4. I can even make a vid tonight if you want to. Takes me a whopping hour to finish it completely.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Vodo

I do it on a daily base with the same stuff happening from node 4. I can even make a vid tonight if you want to. Takes me a whopping hour to finish it completely.

I believe you, I just don't know how hard your GW is. As I said, I finished every day for 3 weeks and barely had to retreat.
  • @Vodo Great, once you get to finish it on a daily base you will keep doing that :D