Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA]

Replies

• Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Are they even looking at these comments and taking them seriously? This raid is NOT fun and isn’t enjoyable at all to even attempt anymore unless you are in a full blown whale guild that can clear heroic. I know mine doesn’t even care to attempt it anymore. Such horrible rewards.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Signed up for the forums just to reply to this, thanks.
    Additionally, the gap between Expose and other emerging strategies is less pronounced, which we believe will help spur on additional, lively theorycrafting.
    You did it for us.
    Testing indicates Rey (Jedi Training) remains one of the most effective squads in the Sith Triumvirate Raid in spite of the 50% reduction in damage from Expose.
    Finished theory crafting, JTR is still the only useful character available. A 50% reduction in expose damage does nothing to counter the ever stacking Tenacity and Speed per hit, causing all other teams to remain useless.

Would additionally like to thank you for reducing to .00000000002 expose damage after we farmed up resistance for HAAT.

Icing on the cake.

Edit: Added Below:

We are a 2 year old guild at 108m total GP, clearing T5/T6 without using the STHan Cheese was virtually impossible, again, thank you for all you do at CG.

It's come to our attention that our hamburgers are much too delicious and that they are suppressing all the other items on our menu. We have swapped our 100% grilled beef burgers with much less delicious frozen burgers which will be microwaved for exactly 30 seconds too long. We believe this will help spur on additional, lively enjoyment of the subpar items on our menu.

Oh man, frozen patties.. please tell me how much more money i need to shell out to get such a delight.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs Signed up for the forums just to reply to this, thanks.
    Additionally, the gap between Expose and other emerging strategies is less pronounced, which we believe will help spur on additional, lively theorycrafting.
    You did it for us.
    Testing indicates Rey (Jedi Training) remains one of the most effective squads in the Sith Triumvirate Raid in spite of the 50% reduction in damage from Expose.
    Finished theory crafting, JTR is still the only useful character available. A 50% reduction in expose damage does nothing to counter the ever stacking Tenacity and Speed per hit, causing all other teams to remain useless.

Would additionally like to thank you for reducing to .00000000002 expose damage after we farmed up resistance for HAAT.

Icing on the cake.

Edit: Added Below:

We are a 2 year old guild at 108m total GP, clearing T5/T6 without using the STHan Cheese was virtually impossible, again, thank you for all you do at CG.

It's come to our attention that our hamburgers are much too delicious and that they are suppressing all the other items on our menu. We have swapped our 100% grilled beef burgers with much less delicious frozen burgers which will be microwaved for exactly 30 seconds too long. We believe this will help spur on additional, lively enjoyment of the subpar items on our menu.

I wish I could like this more than once.
  • This raid is not fun and there is no opportunity to theorycraft as you put it. Nothing works, nothing sticks to the bosses. None of the abilities of the toons I use actually function properly. I get not being able to put tenacity down on the raid bosses, but landing ZERO DOTs with zader on the bosses is so not fun. Why bother seeking out new teams? Everything is just smash as many teams in your roster against the raid as possible. Get everyone to G12 to make it happen. Its poor design and not fun at all. Your fixes are not at all going to encourage theorycrafting. This raid simply makes no sense. Unless you have a toon with irresistible in the description its DOA. Sion, a brand new toon, is a wet noodle in the raid, very disappointing.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    In the other megathread, I believe CyDiggs said that the change to Expose has been in the works for a long time and this is when they decided to implement it. Then this comes out and it says that the expose change was decided "late last week." Am I missing something, or are they actually asking us to trust them while blatantly lying to our faces?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    In the other megathread, I believe CyDiggs said that the change to Expose has been in the works for a long time and this is when they decided to implement it. Then this comes out and it says that the expose change was decided "late last week." Am I missing something, or are they actually asking us to trust them while blatantly lying to our faces?

Trust has long been eroded.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    You encourage theory crafting to find other viable teams so you nerf the most viable team which leads me to believe that if we find another really good team they will also be nerfed. All faith in the developers has been lost.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm at a loss for words since most of what I would like to say has already been said.

Aside from perhaps one thing:

Has everyone at CG completely lost it? Great! You brought BB8 back! Good move. You brought RJT back at the same time? Wow! Just wow...

Never mind the horrendous drop rates of the Vets (just finished Vet Chewie and am half way there to Vet Han) how could you possibly think anybody would be happy to see the soon to be nerfed legendary toon right on the heels of this anouncement?

Is this supposed to be the "give" after all you just took? If that's the case then I think you've completely lost all connection to you player base.

1. Tenacity in the raid ruined all potentially viable comps.
    2. Challenge gear! Get rid of most of it!
    3. Active listening hasn't worked for you so far. Why on earth should it now? You can't placate us with empty platitudes since most of us have at least half a brain.

If only any of what we've said would get through.

Does CG have anything to say other than the boring rhetoric it's spouted since you first started "responding" to our outrage, insights and questions @CG_RyDiggs? Or does nothing your CUSTOMERS say matter to you?
  • Pahnub
    32 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Cowards

We're trying to let you know what we do and be more transparent on why we do it when we can. If this still isn't meeting expectation, know we'll keep working to do so as best we're able. As always, we'll be considering the overall long-term good of the game in every change and addition we make.

Tks for the support!

RT

You aren't very good at customer relations. Here's a life lesson: if the entire community hates what you are doing and keeps reiterating the same few points over and over, maybe instead of patronizing them with doublespeak and coporate nonsense, you should actually listen and engage with the community.
  • Pahnub wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Cowards

We're trying to let you know what we do and be more transparent on why we do it when we can. If this still isn't meeting expectation, know we'll keep working to do so as best we're able. As always, we'll be considering the overall long-term good of the game in every change and addition we make.

Tks for the support!

RT

You aren't very good at customer relations. Here's a life lesson: if the entire community hates what you are doing and keeps reiterating the same few points over and over, maybe instead of patronizing them with doublespeak and coporate nonsense, you should actually listen and engage with the community.

Exactly. The kind of mealy-mouthed replies that keep getting posted in response to legitimate concerns does not help CG's case any. It only further serves to stoke the ire of a great swath of the player base.
  • How is 50% damage reduction "slightly" ?
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Heya @Delmon_Ciiidrr

There are MANY places and features we would love to affect in the game given time and resources to do so. Unfortunately, we have to prioritize. Currently for this conversation, we need to ensure Sith Raid and all future Raid Bosses do not have continuing issues with the Expose ability. The old raids are affected somewhat, however, being nearly 2+ years old, they are pretty well beatable without Expose being the sole strategy.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. We'll keep working to improve both communication and meeting expectations as we move forward.

Cheers,

RT

Thanks for the feedback. While I of course understand that every business needs to set priorities and assign ressources, constant pressure from the community hopefully ensure that this gets the right focus ;)
  • Why impact the other raids?!?!?
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm not really gonna complain to be honest. You're giving us JTR so I'm happy. And people complaining about how it's such short notice, it's always short notice, wise up and farm early like I did. Surely if you've been playing this game you've learnt some level of patience and foresight. CLS returned 4 months after his first appearance so this March isn't beyond possibilities of JTR returning
  • giphy.gif
  • I'm not really gonna complain to be honest. You're giving us JTR so I'm happy. And people complaining about how it's such short notice, it's always short notice, wise up and farm early like I did. Surely if you've been playing this game you've learnt some level of patience and foresight. CLS returned 4 months after his first appearance so this March isn't beyond possibilities of JTR returning

I've been farming them since December. Just to reiterate the atrocious drop rates.
  • I'm not really gonna complain to be honest. You're giving us JTR so I'm happy. And people complaining about how it's such short notice, it's always short notice, wise up and farm early like I did. Surely if you've been playing this game you've learnt some level of patience and foresight. CLS returned 4 months after his first appearance so this March isn't beyond possibilities of JTR returning

Most of the complaints here aren’t about jtr coming back. It’s not liking the changes that were made. But hey it’s EA who’s in charge and they already ruined swtor for me.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    a simple fix would have been to up the armour and reduce health
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    vice wrote: »
    a simple fix would have been to up the armour and reduce health

sorry, maybe this suggestion is me being hyperbolic
  • How is 50% damage reduction "slightly" ?

This is the CG "newspeak":
    "Nerf is a buff others"
    "50% is slightly, irrelevant, but 5% is big"

It would certainly make George Orwell jealous.

• I'm good with changes, the last thing I want is to get stuck in an infinite loop, or walk into a raid and destroy it. Just wouldn't be fun. The game is so complex I expect a new raid to not be perfect and warrant some changes. Thank you to the devs for letting us know what's going on. As far as the raid itself goes, I am having a blast! I am loving the new machanics for the raid, definitely have to think about it for a bit, can't just walk in and auto. I am a long time fan of knights of the old Republic and my hat's off to you. You really got the feeling down and I am especially loving Darth Traya, you really did the Lord of betrayal justice, can't wait to get her. I have been playing this game everyday for two solid years, with no sign of slowing down, I love it! This game is like someone reached into my mind and build the perfect game for me. Thank you devs for this game. Thank you for the new raid!

Since i'm here; shameless character idea plug: doctor Aphra and her two murderous droids from the comics, I would love to see them in this game. You would definitely get a few (more) of my dollars :smile:

Thanks again
  • I appreciate your transparency in giving a detailed explanation about your design intent. A welcome change.

However, I will still maintain that this should have been caught in testing and should NOT have been a surprise or an "unintended play pattern". (Especially since a JTR lead team is currently a large part of the meta, resistance/expose has long been one of the top AAT teams, and JTR is even one of the highlighted " heroes" in the raid description, meaning people would try her first)
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Couple concerns I have! With the decrease in damage for expose base teams, why was only P1 health affected and not P2 as well as it was the primary focus for both phases? Further more the hero buffs given to certain hero’s for potency is laughable when you keep the 50% tenacity stacking buff. It literally negates any debuff attempts and oh by the way there are few debuffs that even work in the Raid to begin with so it really impacts player experience imo a lot! Have nice things and they don’t work and the few things that work will never land even with potency bonus.

just shows that CG have tunnel vision

actually, more like tapered vision
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    How is 50% damage reduction "slightly" ?

its not a 50% reduction in damage. its a 50% reduction in damage from expose. I know this is a subtle difference but its not as much as you would think.
  • AdlerCl wrote: »
    I'm not really gonna complain to be honest. You're giving us JTR so I'm happy. And people complaining about how it's such short notice, it's always short notice, wise up and farm early like I did. Surely if you've been playing this game you've learnt some level of patience and foresight. CLS returned 4 months after his first appearance so this March isn't beyond possibilities of JTR returning

I've been farming them since December. Just to reiterate the atrocious drop rates.
    Kyno wrote: »

its not a 50% reduction in damage. its a 50% reduction in damage from expose. I know this is a subtle difference but its not as much as you would think.

According to game changers it's about 16-25% in HAAT and 30% in Hsith raid..
  • Sorry, but this raid has just been made more boring than it already was. The enemies are immune to everything. I'll probably just throw in teams and hit auto.
  • SNICKS
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_RyDiggs
    For such a difficult raid that needs all guild participation and several retries to get favorable rng, for such a time consuming raid, the rewards you get sure dont seem that rewarding.. While the raid difficulty scaled upward the rewards didnt. Your reward system sucks plain and simple. Make it worth the players time and effort for winning your "challenging" raid.
    Players lose their interest in playing your raid cuz the rewards arent worth the time and effort that they have invested in.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If you make 10% heroic this reduction represents 1 million. How many times can you make 1 million in heroic p1?
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Can we please at least get an auto mode that we don't have to sit through while it plays out? Just let me pick squads, hit OK, and then tell me right away how much damage they did. Or maybe a background auto and you just deliver a message to my inbox when you are done simming the battle.

This raid is horrendously boring. I will settle for reduced damage due to auto, just don't make me monopolize my phone by sitting through several rounds of auto that all last until enrage (but no longer than that....because CG already decided that was not OK).

Throwing out all the meaningful mechanics aside from physical damage and special damage was bad enough, giving the raid a gazillion damage while the bosses hit with a wet noodle seems like it was a move designed to drag out our suffering as long as possible.

Maybe let us "deploy" for damage equal to our gp? Something to make this boondoggle of a raid less boring would be awesome. If a player is so bored that they actually want to battle the raid, they can do so, but at least folks who like their games to be fun will have an option that still helps the guild.
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Dralkyr wrote: »

I also believe he said that the expose nerf will have very little impact on the pit and aat raids. Then it was announced that expose damage will be cut in half in ALL raids