ST Han - Worth it for tank?

Jaqen_Hghar
491 posts Member
edited February 2016
I am embarrassed to say that I've been playing this game the past 2 months without a tank. I refuse to get Poe (he is at 12/50 shards), my chewie is at gear level 5 with 4 stars, and my RG is at gear level 5 with 4 stars.

Currently have 23,000 arena tokens (slowly farming Koth to 6* for next Yoda event) and am a bit tired of waiting for another toon to be released for arena shipments. I am considering going after ST Han.

To those who have him: Do you find him viable as a tank for GW at the very least (with possibility of hitting top 200 in arena)?

Replies

• Stormtrooper Han is not as viable in GW as Chewie or RG due to his low HP unless you have a team of burners that can melt people down in first round and half of the second tops. In arena a maxed out Han is very viable as health is not as much of a premium as damage and the turn meter madness will help your team out a lot especially on defense. If you do get him be sure to pair him up with your best healer.
  • Bar_Buryin wrote: »
    Stormtrooper Han is not as viable in GW as Chewie or RG due to his low HP unless you have a team of burners that can melt people down in first round and half of the second tops. In arena a maxed out Han is very viable as health is not as much of a premium as damage and the turn meter madness will help your team out a lot especially on defense. If you do get him be sure to pair him up with your best healer.

Cool ty for the info. He would be paired with Lumi. Other toons would be Rey and Qgj. 5th is between phasma (leader), kylo or sid. For GW I was going to see how he does with Lumi and 6* barriss while having Rey and another damage dealer
  • Poe or royal gaurd would be a much better option as the meta revolves around speed and these tank slow enemy's down. Even teebo is a decent tank but much more situational. I'd say go for Poe over Han and save arena shipments for Sid, ig88, and even asajj. Han is way low on my list due to needing an entire team more focused on running with him and atm I have no one that's good with Han.
  • Drexnaw wrote: »
    Poe or royal gaurd would be a much better option as the meta revolves around speed and these tank slow enemy's down. Even teebo is a decent tank but much more situational. I'd say go for Poe over Han and save arena shipments for Sid, ig88, and even asajj. Han is way low on my list due to needing an entire team more focused on running with him and atm I have no one that's good with Han.

The issue is that I refuse to jump on the poe train. Maybe I'll go for ig88 but is he good without a droid team? Sid is 7* already
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hans TM manipulation is really good I think. I'm working on him, once I have enough shards for 6* I'll unlock him because he'd need to be 6* at least to give him a bit of hp. But I plan on using him. Hopefully it will work okay, I don't need a great team but I want a team I like. Going to have qgj (l), lumi, dooku, Han and GS (but I'll change GS for Rey once my Rey is a bit stronger).
    They'll all attack before Han's taunt as they're all faster, even lumi with qgj lead. But personally I think that works better.
    Let's say by the time Han goes we've both killed one toon each, the biggest glass cannon threat, and then Han taunts giving everyone good turn meter gains. He gets hit a few times and because of that you gain even more TM. If you gain enough then hopefully before he gets killed, lumi might be back around for a second move and maybe heal him. But even if he dies, after all the turn meter gains, all the remaining Guys will go again before the opponent and maybe can take out another two toons while Han is playing the sacrifice.
    It could be fun. The reason I want my healer to be faster than him is because if he taunts before she moves, she'll gain enough TM to move straight away so you won't even get a chance to heal Han because he would've taken no hits yet.
  • garublador
    915 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My ST Han is only at 5 stars and he's not super great in Arena, but he works well enough for me to see what he can do. Right now I use Phasma (L), Sid, GS, ST Han and Lumi. Sid isn't doing a whole lot, especially if his heal block doesn't proc, so he may be subbed out once I have someone else to put in there.

DV_27's third paragraph is dead on with my experience. My Han usually dies because of his low HP, but if I can get a good AoE with slows from Phasma in the first turn and a VM in the second turn I can sometimes get Lumi's heal off. If that happens (assuming Han wasn't heal blocked) I win 100% of the time vs players up to 2-3k more power than me. Having a one turn advantage (if Han dies before the heal) is pretty nice. Having a two to three turn advantage (all their specials are usually gone) if he survives is game over. You just have to make sure their QGJ gets killed before he gets rid of Han's taunt, but that's usually easy because he won't do it on his first turn because the taunt isn't there yet.

In other words, think of him as a turn meter generator more than a tank. He won't help guard your glass cannons for long, but he will help your team make more moves. If control gets more important he'll just get better.
  • Ig88 is very squishy, im going for asajj and st han right now because i need another decent attacker and han is great in arena with getting extra turns.
  • Han is best with Ackbar lead in Arena. GW, you need a full roster and a single tank is not going to solve much. If that is yor sole focus, then I suggest Chewie as he has a self heal or RG to save a char with a well time taunt. RG also has a huge pool of HP and he is constantly refilling it. I can see him plus Barriss getting you through it easily.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Han is best with Ackbar lead in Arena. GW, you need a full roster and a single tank is not going to solve much. If that is yor sole focus, then I suggest Chewie as he has a self heal or RG to save a char with a well time taunt. RG also has a huge pool of HP and he is constantly refilling it. I can see him plus Barriss getting you through it easily.

This is for both arena and GW. RG is too hard to farm. I might go after chewie once I get barriss another 165 shards
  • just maxed starred han today and tested him out in the tank challenge. At ability level 3, he hits for 1700-2200 non-crit. At ability level 7, he should hit for 2200-2800. Since he has 35% chance to crit, he'll be critting for 3300-4200 which is pretty darn good for a tank, and has 15% lifesteal. Max * and max gear health is 11200 which isn't great but comparable to 5* poe. I'll test him out a bit in arena and gw tomorrow. Was planning on putting him in a phasma team but given how suprisingly hard he hits, I may replace phasma with poggle (once 6* in 3 days) and have sid lead
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    In 4 days I'll have my Han at 4*and skills at level 6 so I was going to try out Phasma, Luminara, Kylo, Han, and Poggle
  • I run a 7* maxed out ST Han, and I'd say go for it.

My Main 5 in Arena, and good substitute in GW.

Decent damage output, pretty good speed for a Taunter (only behind Poe), and in my opinion the best Turn Meter manipulator currently.

Pair him with Phasma's Victory March, and Lumi's Heal, gives your squad tons of Turn.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    just maxed starred han today and tested him out in the tank challenge. At ability level 3, he hits for 1700-2200 non-crit. At ability level 7, he should hit for 2200-2800. Since he has 35% chance to crit, he'll be critting for 3300-4200 which is pretty darn good for a tank, and has 15% lifesteal. Max * and max gear health is 11200 which isn't great but comparable to 5* poe. I'll test him out a bit in arena and gw tomorrow. Was planning on putting him in a phasma team but given how suprisingly hard he hits, I may replace phasma with poggle (once 6* in 3 days) and have sid lead

I don't get your math, at ability level7 he get's 10% extra damage. So if at ability level6 he did 1700-2200 at ability level 7 he should do 1870-2420 dmg. And where did you get the 35% crit chance from? On swgoh cantina it says 20%. So he crits only 1 time every 5 hits.
  • I am at level 68 with max gear available for Sid and QGJ, the opponents STHan is also max gear from what i see.. Sid attack first, then QGJ calls in Sid to attack Han.. Apparently, Han didnt shoot first, and with that he is dead..

Im not sure how he would do in a better team composition, maybe the ones with Rey or Leia or other toons that you would aim to kill first, but otherwise hes quite useless imho (in DEFENCE, that is)..

Just sharing my experience & 2 cent.. GLHF :)
  • I have someone in my shard who runs
    Sthan, bariss (L), daka, lumi, qgj
    Its one of the teams i dont Go for in the top 10 cause Even if you take out 1-2 of his Team before sth taunts, daka gets so much Stuns/revives with his turnmetermanipulation that you loose for like 95%. And ist **** hard to take out daka at start cause bariss buffs her hps (and sthans)
    I really hate this team
  • just maxed starred han today and tested him out in the tank challenge. At ability level 3, he hits for 1700-2200 non-crit. At ability level 7, he should hit for 2200-2800. Since he has 35% chance to crit, he'll be critting for 3300-4200 which is pretty darn good for a tank, and has 15% lifesteal. Max * and max gear health is 11200 which isn't great but comparable to 5* poe. I'll test him out a bit in arena and gw tomorrow. Was planning on putting him in a phasma team but given how suprisingly hard he hits, I may replace phasma with poggle (once 6* in 3 days) and have sid lead

I don't get your math, at ability level7 he get's 10% extra damage. So if at ability level6 he did 1700-2200 at ability level 7 he should do 1870-2420 dmg. And where did you get the 35% crit chance from? On swgoh cantina it says 20%. So he crits only 1 time every 5 hits.

Between basic lvl 3 and 7, it adds 30% max damage variance.

Also he has 408 physical crit. My earlier post was wrong, it's 29.14% crit chance. Still not too shabby