Prev13
swgohfan29
1147 posts Member
edited March 2018

JTR is coming back in 2 days....what will you do 237 votes

Spend cash and hope option 2 is wrong
2%
HovahdowestengerNePlusUltra_kRhNocturnal_GlowBludmetalCylso 6 votes
Pray that CG is doing this as a silent apology for aith raid nerf.
2%
DarthEarthHershBathens74LazarusŒForceElekaRen 5 votes
Make a theory that CG is distracting us from sith raid nerf
5%
Sarcodinomanderthegreat1EB0N_HAWKDisorderSTRYKER667JayziDekyrPresariaYanM123AnrathAndiSoloSuperPat384 12 votes
Refuse to spend cash and wait for next time
30%
GreenTrogASD_DadEventineElessedilOmerAsikCCyrilSTarugo91Dro1dm0deOgrelicious54DarthpedroShyangElleMadaraSthenosDanceparty333dpgoalieWeeDeXceeDswgohfan29Iceih_SWGLordSmileEnderGamer87DarthThrawn751 72 votes
Eat popcorn and read the forums
31%
scubaZtyleGrrrrKrokovichNoodleheadJonesBaron_ArieolaPiffGuruSilthrimlusynMetaslyKynoRevan202GreenGoblin96PlatzmanGeitsTamPhilan81Rebel_yellOberon_CaladAmbassadorProximaB1_N1c0 75 votes
Pray for amazing RNG and farm vets.
12%
SebiwanecrixvaneRiznMrGripsPierikuYoemirkevthejedicrazycdog29iMTooGodlllyforksHeibocaReneGadeCarlmacTantema_GarnikDatBoifromdown34StephanosJamzDattdenkrobAntisorathomssi 30 votes
Other
15%
DarthBoba_The_FetterZombie961Nikoms565SjollypbjLevlleefkakaka_wakakaShaunyveeMr_SausageKalanoNurgletaco_junkieGlobuhlGifafiFieldLLenoraLupinc1ever_punRojasHskull55 37 votes

Replies

• Refuse to spend cash and wait for next time
    Come on guys, its not that big of a deal
  • Refuse to spend cash and wait for next time
    She is for raid and even if she is meta i have plenty enough other uses for my disposable income
  • Other
    I'm going to run the bb8 event first, then run the Rey event and unlock her. I prepped since last time lol
  • Other
    I'm going to run the bb8 event first, then run the Rey event and unlock her. I prepped since last time lol

Same here
  • Eat popcorn and read the forums
    Popcorn is good. Having had Rey last time is even better. :)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Eating popcorn. Already got Rey for free the first time around.
  • Other
    I'll just run the event and collect my 7* JTR?

A lot of f2p people had the vets done about 1 or 2 weeks after the previous event ended.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Other
    I’ll finish collecting the handful of shards I still need for vet Chewie then I’ll play the event and add a legendary character to my roster.

Still, I’m not too happy with how rushed her return seems to be as that means my guild won’t be able to make the most out of this event. That’s at least one month too soon CG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Other
    Unlock her on 3/15. Then grab the popcorn.

I've had vets and BB8 at 7* and G8 or higher for weeks, because as a guppy (or f2p, if you are) you have to stay focused and not chase the flavor of the month. So I farmed the vets hard after missing her last time. It's really not that difficult.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Other
    Hope alot of my guildies will unlock her ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Other
    leef wrote: »

"Go get 'em boys!" lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Other
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Go get 'em boys!" lol

With the nerf we need about twice as much JTRs to do the same amount of dmg! Still wouldn't advice anyone to buy her though, for obvious reasons.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Other
    Already have her, one of 3 guys in my guild. Currently still trying to get thru P3 in T6. Sitting at #1 with about 88m in damage, big surprise the three guys with Rey are #1, 2, 3. And it drops off drastically from there.

I’ll be glad more people will have the chance to get her.

Also trying to get those 3 zetas on the bb8 mythic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Other
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Go get 'em boys!" lol

With the nerf we need about twice as much JTRs to do the same amount of dmg! Still wouldn't advice anyone to buy her though, for obvious reasons.

Actually, some of the more "math inclined" people in our guild ran the numbers, and it's not really that bad. They've estimated that JTRey teams will do about 20-25% less damage with the change to expose. While that is significant, you won't need twice as many.

Honestly, I think it'll be a wash for many guilds (except those that already stacked 50 JTRey owners). They'll lose damage per guild member, but gain enough new JTRey owners to offset the loss. Combine that with the 5% health reduction in Phase 1 and the fix to Sion's TM reduction and I think, overall, most guilds actually come out ahead when we are clear of this whole thing. Well, except for the raid being mundanely boring. ;)

It does LOOK amazing though.

I finished farming the vets yesterday as f2p so I'm ready. Popcorn is good.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Other
    I finished farming the Vets two weeks ago. After missing Rey in December because of the Vets, I knew she'd be coming back in March celebrating the movie release :) There is no excuse for anyone not to be ready for Rey, I mean, we had since December to get all the required characters ready.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Other
    The only acceptable reason is that you do 2 refreshes everyday and have 1/10 drop rate on AVERAGE.

I know people love to throw their worst try and then make them average.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Other

That's exactly what I'm going to do :)
    Well, I need to get 4 VetHan shards first
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Other
    I’ll keep monitoring the hate on the forums from people who are angry they had “no time” to farm the Vets.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I didn't realize there was any other option than this...
  • Given the fast advancement of the event, you can at least put in place the double drop to 48H ... !!!

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
    JupiterBth wrote: »
    Given the fast advancement of the event, you can at least put in place the double drop to 48H ... !!!

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs

fast? she was released 2 months ago. If you can't farm her needed characters in 2 months, for free, that's not on anyone but you
  • Other
    I'm going to get my JTR since I was done farming the vets early last month. Then I'm going to cheer on my guildies in hopes of there being more than me and one other person with a JTR after the week.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Other
    FieldL wrote: »
    The only acceptable reason is that you do 2 refreshes everyday and have 1/10 drop rate on AVERAGE.

The drop rate is 30-33%. Just in case, you know, you like actual facts and stuff. *popcorn*

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Got jtr first time with 4-5 cantina refreshes on vets each day since they were released, no money spent. Everyone has since had 3 months to farm everything up. Nobody can complain if they miss out this time IMO.
    Got jtr first time with 4-5 cantina refreshes on vets each day since they were released, no money spent. Everyone has since had 3 months to farm everything up. Nobody can complain if they miss out this time IMO.

How many crystals did you have saved in order to do that though. I keep seeing people say they are F2P and got Rey the first time around without spending a cent, you must basically be banking all of your crystals between major events to refresh 500+ cyrstals a day. That or you are #1 in your arena for both player and ships, so you just sit back and count the free crystals. Not everyone can be a so lucky.
  • Yet again the devs are lying, look at the post they wrote when jrey event first appeared. They said it would be back for Easter and they are two weeks early.
    My guild is **** off and fed up with these plots and ploys coming from managers of this game.

• Other
    I refuse to unlock JTR.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Other
    Get jtr. Heard she’s good
    Maybe End Game isn't for you