I hate to be that guy...

Prev1
...but seriously, Dooku and Barris are crazy overpowered. There are no other characters that cone across particularly OP except these two. I'm level 38 and running....
L38 4s Chewie l5 gear
L38 3s Consular l5 gear
L38 4s Ackbar l4 gear
L38 3s Jaws l4 gear
L38 3s Talia l4 gear

All characters have min t2 in all skills and my power rating in arena is 8142. I have now lost 4 matches today to a level 33, 4-5k power team for no reason other than the Dooku/Barriss combo. It is absurd that two characters should allow a team to full heal (Barriss) and repeat dmg (Dooku) against a full team of maxed out characters 5 levels higher.

Barriss heal should be 3/4 of what it is and Dooku should counter half the time he does.

Replies

• Whew, glad you were that guy! I was about to make a post being that guy.

9 of the top 10 on my server are running Barriss Offee as leader. Anytime something is skewed that far it's a problem.

As someone that is runnin a suped up Dooku, I can tell you that he's out of control as well. With guys bringing in bonus hits I can rattle off 3 to 7 attacks with him in the time any other character attacks once. Right now I'm anywhere between 12 and 20 but I can promise that without some crazy RNG, I won't be able to crack the top 10.

Hopefully as we all unlock some of the other characters there will some balance. But right now, the only real way to be top ten is to go buy a Barriss.
  • Welcome to freemium :D
  • Well...at least I'm not the only one seeing it. Misery loves company....
  • Barriss is offered for a few more days. Players who joined within launch's week or two will have a good chance to get her .

Most got the Dark Packs with Dooku. It's not available anymore. So, players will eventually have to find a way to beat Dooku.

But I think new packs will come into the store. New meta will be formed, a new PvP will present itself, and new features will be added. So, will Dooku and Barriss be OP'd for too long? Perhaps a bit, but I can see a new wave of heroes coming in and offering alternatives to deal with Dooku and Barriss. I wouldn't worry about it too much. They can be beat.

• There are definitely teams that will destroy Dooku/Barriss pairs. I know because they've crushed me often. Usually higher level and bigger spenders, but it's pretty dramatic.
  • I'm sure it will become more difficult at higher levels, Barriss/Dooku teams are beatable in pvp. I hope they don't nerf them in general because there is more to the game than the pvp arena.
    Yes, I have 4* Barriss and 3* Dooku that I use. I've beaten people higher level than me running Barriss/Dooku, too. I was beaten by Dooku once, when I had 3 full health vs. lone Dooku and it hacked me off. But once I figured some things out and tested some strategy (and a little luck), Barriss/Dooku can be routinely beaten. It's not a cake walk and requires thoughtful planning, but they are not unmanageable even at current "op" levels.
    I understand the frustration, but everyone should not be equal.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Tryban wrote: »
    I'm sure it will become more difficult at higher levels, Barriss/Dooku teams are beatable in pvp. I hope they don't nerf them in general because there is more to the game than the pvp arena.
    Yes, I have 4* Barriss and 3* Dooku that I use. I've beaten people higher level than me running Barriss/Dooku, too. I was beaten by Dooku once, when I had 3 full health vs. lone Dooku and it hacked me off. But once I figured some things out and tested some strategy (and a little luck), Barriss/Dooku can be routinely beaten. It's not a cake walk and requires thoughtful planning, but they are not unmanageable even at current "op" levels.
    I understand the frustration, but everyone should not be equal.

My frustration isn't with the pay to win idea. Eventually as people grind and everyone hits the level cap, those things will somewhat even out.

My frustration is with being required to run a certain lineup just to compete. If months from now I'm fighting against the same five characters I know that I'll quickly become bored. I like the idea of all the synergies between the different types of characters, but if healing and counter attacking are the only things that matter then all that is out the window.
  • I'm currently rank 3. I have dooku but leader is maul. Truth is. If u want top rank. U need to spend money lol
  • I can think of a few options a bit more deadly and annoying than Dooku and Barriss. I think you are just seeing a lot of that combo becausemthose 2 strong heroes are easy to come by.
  • The other day I had Barriss Offee down to 5% life and the rest of this guy's team down to half life, then my stun on B.O. ran out and next thing I know I'm staring at a fully healed team again. I should mention that I had a 2k point power advantage over this particular opponent. Dooku stings a bit but he's easily beatable solo with a decent def. buff, Dooku + B.O. is not....especially at this early stage in the game. In the early stages when there aren't many characters able to deal with her, she puts a damper on the pvp game completely.
  • The other day I had Barriss Offee down to 5% life and the rest of this guy's team down to half life, then my stun on B.O. ran out and next thing I know I'm staring at a fully healed team again. I should mention that I had a 2k point power advantage over this particular opponent. Dooku stings a bit but he's easily beatable solo with a decent def. buff, Dooku + B.O. is not....especially at this early stage in the game. In the early stages when there aren't many characters able to deal with her, she puts a damper on the pvp game completely.

My droid team had no problems dealing with Bariss.
  • Chewdoka wrote: »

Right now there are 6 real droid teams in the top 200 and the highest of those is almost to rank 60...meanwhile Barriss Offee is on virtually every team of the top 25. I'm gonna bet there were other circumstances that made B.O. "no problem" for your team.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I fought the guy ranked one on my server today, he was 3+ levels above all of us. I was surprised when I saw except Barriss all of his other chars were starting chars but he managed to time me out with only Barriss left with 1/10 health. Anyway, I checked a few hours later and saw his pic was Kit 6*. Wth, at least $1000 needed for that. Bye no 1 rank forever.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Heed my advice young Padawans....I've been number one at reset for 11 days in my tier and I've dropped around $70 total so far and not one dollar was spent on character packs. I instead invested in leveling/promoting, chrono cards and character gear. Now I have Sid unlocked, Luminara unlocked, Boba in two days all toons have full pre-epic sets, Consular is 5 starred working on six and I'm several levels above most peers.
    Everyone in top 10 has dropped USD for all the character packs and I can auto battle anyone in my tier and not even look twice to see if I'm going to win.

Barriss and Dooku are awesome but they cant overcome being vastly outpowered. Fact is as the days roll by they stay stuck at 3* & 4* while each day I get closer to a 7* crew. In a months time I will be close to 60 mostly 7* starred toons that Im abke to farm shards and fully geared. And I will be fighting 4* Barriss and Dooku's lol. Granted I had inside knowledge pre launch about staying away from Chrono card only toons I tried to make a guide to share the knowledge but meh.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Well u are going to lose to 7* $10k teams from packs lol. Other than that I agree with u. Btw there are guys who buy 400+ crystal refills. I guess u are not in these servers!
  • Lol well yah. If someone spends that much money they deserve to beat me. I wish I was rich enough to do that, I would. But Im not lol. So Ill stick with small time spending!
  • Dooku can be farmed at a reasonable level early on. They will probably change the store exclusives at some point..so people can actually rank them up…I mean you would think. Otherwise there is not a lot of reasons to purchase those packs right?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Barriss and Dooku are awesome but they cant overcome being vastly outpowered. Fact is as the days roll by they stay stuck at 3* & 4* while each day I get closer to a 7* crew. In a months time I will be close to 60 mostly 7* starred toons that Im abke to farm shards and fully geared. And I will be fighting 4* Barriss and Dooku's lol. Granted I had inside knowledge pre launch about staying away from Chrono card only toons I tried to make a guide to share the knowledge but meh.

Well I admit I bought the Barriss and Dooku packs, and I don't regret it as it is a lot of fun using them, even if later on I will end up getting outmatched by players with more $ or better strategy.

I have not bought any Chrono packs, because I am very much NOT a fan of paying $ for random chances at things. (I hate lotteries.)

What are your recommendations for the best chars that I can get without these packs and build to high star levels? I'm already trying to get Sidious.

That said, Dooku shards do seem pretty easy to get.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Sidious, Luminara from GW will replace consular if you have Barriss for dual healers, Boba from Cantina will replace Chewie as tank. People talk trash about Boba but Ive seen a 7 star Boba in action and even with his ability block not being calculated into his leetness the dude takes forever to die, does great damage and is awesome looking lol. Beyond that it starts becoming about financial investment and time which is fair.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I have seen the dissing of Boba also but he does do a lot of damage. Of course I am far away from having the resources to unlock him anyway.

I have been wondering about Consular, and thinking I should stop putting resources into him now with having Barriss.. I have a lot of healers between him, Barriss, Talia and there's another "semi-healer" in the Barriss pack... is it worth getting Luminara too? I have "borrowed" her before and she hasn't seemed amazing but I could be missing something.

Thanks.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • It's a shame to see Bariss being so much more useful than Luminara, seeing as Luminara was the Master to Bariss' Padawan...
  • KissofDeath
    37 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    you can build high crit team to break dooku and barris.. and skill blocks for heal stopping.. prob is.. other players are not stupid and have 3 good others too.. in combo with kenobi.. vader and maul/luminaris.. unbreakable..
  • Put Barriss and Luminara on the same team and you'll have a real problem beating it. Barriss has unbelievable healing. Maul can get out of control also. His special attack can take out three or four characters no trouble at all.
  • The only solution to beating Barriss or Dooku is running an ultra attacking team with some kind of heal block... At the lvl 60 soft launch top tiers these guys are dealt with fairly easily!
  • Chewdoka wrote: »

Right now there are 6 real droid teams in the top 200 and the highest of those is almost to rank 60...meanwhile Barriss Offee is on virtually every team of the top 25. I'm gonna bet there were other circumstances that made B.O. "no problem" for your team.

I'm running Droid team and I've been in top 20 since launch. I made it up to second place, but now am declining because I stopped paying to play pvp.
  • Thing i like about this game is the rewards are pretty good. Sure i may never be in the top 10 but im in the top 1000 and loving the rewards. It does suck that it is like the rich get richer in a way but i think its fair since we started and devote our time on this
  • Problem is the only way to rate our worth in this game currently is the unbalanced PVP. Once we get some more meaningful and challenging PVE this may change, a little.
  • DigitalKLB wrote: »
    Whew, glad you were that guy! I was about to make a post being that guy.

9 of the top 10 on my server are running Barriss Offee as leader. Anytime something is skewed that far it's a problem.

As someone that is runnin a suped up Dooku, I can tell you that he's out of control as well. With guys bringing in bonus hits I can rattle off 3 to 7 attacks with him in the time any other character attacks once. Right now I'm anywhere between 12 and 20 but I can promise that without some crazy RNG, I won't be able to crack the top 10.

Hopefully as we all unlock some of the other characters there will some balance. But right now, the only real way to be top ten is to go buy a Barriss.

LOL, character unlocking " brings balance" to the force.
  • DagonBlack wrote: »
    ...but seriously, Dooku and Barris are crazy overpowered.....

THANK-YOU for being "That Guy"!
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. *sweatdrop*
    I was sitting comfy in the upper 200s range until this past weekend, when suddenly I logged in and found myself in the lower 3000s!

I haven't dropped any $$ for characters either, since I prefer freebies and hard "work". :wink:
    Hopefully, as suggested above, new characters will balance things out. :neutral:

• JoraMDarkblade
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Stop QQ about dooko and bariss - .. own them without a single healer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JicLunPDNZY

more end game PVP videos here
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28/current-meta-pvp-sharing#latest

My Ally Code -813-329-945
    LVL 60