Nihilus P1 issue.

VonZant
3843 posts Member
I really try to be positive amd not post drivel, BUT i have to see if its just me. I dont mind expose change or hitpoints or raid in general, but this:

Am I the only one that thinks this phase is so incredibly annoying that you would just rather auto all 5 teams so you dont have to actually play it? Its not hard. Just annoying as hell. And then they make it the longest phase in the Raid? Oh, and then you have to do it twice each raid because p4. Really I like the game but this phase isnt fun or challenging, just RNG dependant slog through eleventy-billion hitpoints.

Discuss.

Replies

• I don't mind P1... I really dislike P4 as no teams work in there anywhere as well as they work in other phases... in heroic this phase is literally just a test of wether your guild GP is high enough or not. If you don't have enough kitchen sink teams to throw at it, you may as well call it quits.

In T6 or bellow, this phase is just a big stall... it takes us 2 days to get through P1-3, and then an extra 2 days to get through P4... very demoralizing.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    My Sith are my best squad at the moment, so it's fun for me with DN leading it. After that it's a struggle bus tho
  • Maverick calling "no joy" on this raid. Agree with original poster.

At least remove the stupid shielding DN does. It's bad enough to have to closely monitor the mechanics of your speed, his side guards and when to throw down for his annihilate. If you have to add a return shield on top of such high HP to offset 90% of toons, that's just over doing the mechanics.
  • I like using Nihlius led teams because the 1 hit KO actually does some damage to him and Dooku also gets some damage.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    @EnderGamer87

Don't use Dooku in P1. The counters seem nice and all and Dooku is immortal till daze/enrage, but it's not worth the speed that it feeds Nihilus.

I replaced Dooku with zeta Sion and my damage went up dramatically. Use Sidious or something cuz Zeta Sion is a bit of an investment
  • HK666 wrote: »
    @EnderGamer87

Don't use Dooku in P1. The counters seem nice and all and Dooku is immortal till daze/enrage, but it's not worth the speed that it feeds Nihilus.

I replaced Dooku with zeta Sion and my damage went up dramatically. Use Sidious or something cuz Zeta Sion is a bit of an investment

I just used him because I was messing around with the Nihilus lead health thing becuase some characters kept dying

• i dont mind the protection DN has or his spd he gets the part i cant stand is the tenacity... this phase wouldnt be to bad if you could land ne type of debuffs..... not being able to debuff makes half the good teams in the game of absolutely no use
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    I doubt their intention was to annoy us. What their intention was is a secret of course. However, it is possible to gain at least a bit of control. For example: before he is able to use Force Drain make sure that your toons don´t have any debuffs. Doing this allows you to make (almost) sure he can not use Annihilate as a bonus action. The use of Unbreakable Will becomes more reliable. This works for me with NS but although they got a bonus on Attack their overall damage output is lousy. Usually I have no problem to get to Enrage.

The main issue with P1 is that a couple of teams work well in this phase and get shut down far too early by Enrage. JTR for example can make it to Enrage and still have considerable protection. But they get shut down by Enrage as well although the team could go for a while.