Character Strategy - Darth Sion

124Next

Replies

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    What do you guys think of this team comp ?

EP - Talzin - Sion - Zombie - Old Ben or Daka ( I don't have GK unfortunately)
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Question about Sion's taunt,

It says that at the beginning of each enemy's turn if they have pain Sion gains taunt till the end of the enemy's turn. So basically, if I do Torment as my first move which inflicts Pain in all enemies for 3 turns, Sion will taunt for 3 turns right?

I'm a little confused about how Sion's taunt works.
  • Anyone discovered a good Sith team with Sion that does not have Nihilus or Sith trooper (because i do not have them yet, nor will i for a while)?

I currently run Zmaul with Zavage, EP, Vader, Darth Sidious. I have Sith Assassin unlocked at 6 star. Zavage and Zmaul are by far my strongest sith (Especially Zavage, he can win a battle 3 vs 1 quite easily) so i would prefer to keep them (especially Zavage).
  • ManuG wrote: »

It says that at the beginning of each enemy's turn if they have pain Sion gains taunt till the end of the enemy's turn. So basically, if I do Torment as my first move which inflicts Pain in all enemies for 3 turns, Sion will taunt for 3 turns right?

No. Whenever an enemy with Pain takes a turn, Sion will be taunting until the end of that enemy’s turn. When an enemy that doesn’t have pain gets a turn, he will not gain taunt.

If you stick Pain on all five enemies, it may seem like he’s taunting until his next turn; but in reality his taunt is appearing and disappearing every enemy’s turn.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    ManuG wrote: »

No. Whenever an enemy with Pain takes a turn, Sion will be taunting until the end of that enemy’s turn. When an enemy that doesn’t have pain gets a turn, he will not gain taunt.

If you stick Pain on all five enemies, it may seem like he’s taunting until his next turn; but in reality his taunt is appearing and disappearing every enemy’s turn.

Alright I think I get it! so I suppose it all depends on Sion's potency to apply the debuff plus paying attention to characters like Chirrut or Rex who cleanse debuffs.
  • Is it intentional this time I got 0/30 shards 3* Sion and Visas from the event, or it's bug again?
  • coollogic
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Problem for most folks is that he's a marquee character. So getting him up to a reasonable star count will be difficult unless you want to shell out a few hundred dollars. His kit looks ridiculous but it's a pipe dream for me personally. He could be viable at 2 or 3 stars. Time will tell.

Nihilus was a beast a three stars

I think the difference in viability for nihilus and sion is that they both play different roles in the team. Nihilus being support, establishes his abilities as his modus operandi. While Sion, a tank, requires him to take a beating, thus requiring a strong star/stat count. So in theory, while it is possible for nihilus to be viable at 3*, it is less viable for sion to be at 3*, since tankability is linked to star count.

Tankability is not linked to star count. At 4 stars, level 70 and gear 8. I am clearing GW with him at full health as my only tank. His protection regen helps a ton plus even as low as mine is he still has 13k hp 17.5k protection
  • coollogic wrote: »
    Problem for most folks is that he's a marquee character. So getting him up to a reasonable star count will be difficult unless you want to shell out a few hundred dollars. His kit looks ridiculous but it's a pipe dream for me personally. He could be viable at 2 or 3 stars. Time will tell.

Nihilus was a beast a three stars

I think the difference in viability for nihilus and sion is that they both play different roles in the team. Nihilus being support, establishes his abilities as his modus operandi. While Sion, a tank, requires him to take a beating, thus requiring a strong star/stat count. So in theory, while it is possible for nihilus to be viable at 3*, it is less viable for sion to be at 3*, since tankability is linked to star count.

Tankability is not linked to star count. At 4 stars, level 70 and gear 8. I am clearing GW with him at full health as my only tank. His protection regen helps a ton plus even as low as mine is he still has 13k hp 17.5k protection

Very bad example, are you talking about GW? really? GW is not a measure to compare since it's too easy for end game players. If we're gonna talk about end game arena, no, a 4 star Sion is not viable for taunting/tanking purposes because his armor and resistance are too low compared to 7*. He could be viable only for his dispell, but tanking? no.
    I have a 7* Sion with lvl 12 full gear and Z, 42% armor, 26% resistance, 35k health and 60k protection and sometimes that's not enough for being the only tank in my arena squad.
  • Try him under a DNzz lead. It's a lot of fun.