Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA]

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    There’s one team that is effective in P1. One... and you have to devote an insane amount of cantina energy into two totally useless characters to get her. Debuff teams are completely worthless with the exception of deathmark and thermal dets only come attached to garbage character abilities.

On top of JTR, I can do decent damage with Wiggs CLS Han + Healer. Decent with Troopers. So-so with Empire and Nightsisters, and once I zeta Ventress' leader I'll do better with NS.

Either you're not trying hard enough or you need to try a lower tier.

How well does Wiggs, CLS, Han +1 do in Heroic?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Would copy all of the @CG folks, but it wouldn't help anyways. All I have to say to all of you is

Liar, liar pants on fire.

'We are going to reduce boss over all health"

What you meant to say is we are going to drop the health of one boss in one phase by 5% while reducing the damage done by expose by half.

You all need help, and I now understand why we get no info from anyone here. They give us what they have been told and then before its released, it gets changed.

One day the people who actually create the game will listen to its customers.

Let's take a completely boring and repetitive raid, that gives horrible rewards for completing and make it even more boring.

We all wanted a new raid, we wanted something fun, you gave us a prison cell and a hammer. Then took away the hammer and gave us the baby rock hammer from Shawshank.

And surprise, they gave us 25% more crystals with money purchases as a 'reward'. Please spend more money so break down the wall sooner.

I attack the raid, but it is no fun and I won't even bother looking on-line to see if anyone can do anything to get it done quicker.

Now we can all just sit there and wait for the level increases (90-100), gear level (13-14) and new mods (6-7).
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    There’s one team that is effective in P1. One... and you have to devote an insane amount of cantina energy into two totally useless characters to get her. Debuff teams are completely worthless with the exception of deathmark and thermal dets only come attached to garbage character abilities.

On top of JTR, I can do decent damage with Wiggs CLS Han + Healer. Decent with Troopers. So-so with Empire and Nightsisters, and once I zeta Ventress' leader I'll do better with NS.

Does it really matter? If what meagor says is true, you don't need wiggs to do well in p1 to clear the heroic tier, so who cares?

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Another day of dodging questions
  • Has anything official been stated about the sheer amount if negative feedback yet (other than some vague 'your feedback is appreciated')? I want a dev/mod/someone important to specifically say that tenacity is TOO high.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

Beats me, we aren't doing heroic.

If you can't beat heroic, you shouldn't be doing it either.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Krash133xxx
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    War rework, good.
    QoL additions, good
    New toons, bad (new healer is ok)
    Imperial Hoth battle, still broken.

New raid, well read the forums and find a good review, I dare you! (Bad)

Releasing JTR out of rotation for Movie release, Bad!

If the devs were baseball players they would be sent down to the minors with that batting percentage.
    Post edited by Krash133xxx on
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    If CG’s testing doesn’t show that 80% of the characters in the game are essentially worthless in the raid, then their testing is more misguided than a g12 Mob Enforcer. Don’t pee on our legs and tell us it’s just raining.

You lost me when you said testing.

• BrtStlnd wrote: »
    If CG’s testing doesn’t show that 80% of the characters in the game are essentially worthless in the raid, then their testing is more misguided than a g12 Mob Enforcer. Don’t pee on our legs and tell us it’s just raining.

Don't you worry, Deathmark will be nerfed soon...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

NicWester wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Of course if they directly answered questions instead of dancing around them or outright ignoring them with political speak then maybe we wouldn't have 1200 posts asking the same 6 questions to begin with.
    Are they dancing around the question, or do you just not like the answer?

I don't like the answer because they're dancing around the questions.

• Would copy all of the @CG folks, but it wouldn't help anyways. All I have to say to all of you is

Liar, liar pants on fire.

'We are going to reduce boss over all health"

What you meant to say is we are going to drop the health of one boss in one phase by 5% while reducing the damage done by expose by half.

You all need help, and I now understand why we get no info from anyone here. They give us what they have been told and then before its released, it gets changed.

One day the people who actually create the game will listen to its customers.

Let's take a completely boring and repetitive raid, that gives horrible rewards for completing and make it even more boring.

We all wanted a new raid, we wanted something fun, you gave us a prison cell and a hammer. Then took away the hammer and gave us the baby rock hammer from Shawshank.

And surprise, they gave us 25% more crystals with money purchases as a 'reward'. Please spend more money so break down the wall sooner.

I attack the raid, but it is no fun and I won't even bother looking on-line to see if anyone can do anything to get it done quicker.

Now we can all just sit there and wait for the level increases (90-100), gear level (13-14) and new mods (6-7).

I'm all for the 25% off crystals. It means the 120K I would have to spend to gain 1M GP is down to 90K. Bargain
  • It seems like the update broke sion's zeta.. it doesn't work anywhere in the game, arena, raid, gw. Please tell me it's not the same for every character on the 'on-damage' ability list... and please fix it quicker than you fixed st han, and broke sion.
  • Good old CG, "fixing" the raid for us but end up breaking other stuff in the process.
  • He had so much fun being popular for 2 weeks. Oh well, back to being a useless average tank that will rarely see the light of day.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    He had so much fun being popular for 2 weeks. Oh well, back to being a useless average tank that will rarely see the light of day.

He had his time way back in the old days. This was only a short comeback.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Toon of the month, my foot...I actually enjoyed the STHan loop vs. Traya. Why take it away? It’s the only mechanic that precipitated finishing the new Sith raid in a reasonable timeframe.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Can you please explain why DN is getting multiple attacks? None if the posted abilities state that he gains 100% tm or attacks multiple times. Every time he uses drain force he immediately annihilates someone. Not to mention getting doubles on his basic on 2 different characters. If it is intended then post it as an ability. If not then fix it.

@Krash133xxx it's the Fearsome Foe II that does this. It grants "+1 action while not toppled"
  • Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    Toon of the month, my foot...I actually enjoyed the STHan loop vs. Traya. Why take it away? It’s the only mechanic that precipitated finishing the new Sith raid in a reasonable timeframe.

Because you are not meant to finish the raid unless you have 50 JTR and NS teams.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    Toon of the month, my foot...I actually enjoyed the STHan loop vs. Traya. Why take it away? It’s the only mechanic that precipitated finishing the new Sith raid in a reasonable timeframe.
    It was hard to enjoy the loop though, with all the lagg, on auto...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ghost_Goh wrote: »

Because one team doing 100-150M damage is not normal to say the least.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Maegor wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs when can we expect a new raid?

Seriously?

Seriously

Lol sure.

@TVF

8AWoLTf.png

144.6M GP, no cheese since the patch hit with about 2% left in p2. Lots of guilds are about to start beating it.
  • Jaqenhgar wrote: »
    Good old CG, "fixing" the raid for us but end up breaking other stuff in the process.

One step forward, 2 steps back

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hello all,

We've confirmed an unintended issue with Darth Sion's Zeta ability. We're working on a fix as soon as possible. We'll post in Game Updates when the fix is ready for release.

Thank you all and FIGHT ON!

RT
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • The rewards from this raid stink.
    For how long it takes? For what you need to invest in it to beat it quicker?

Ridiculous.
  • Hi does EA play the game and do the devs test any update cause the new raid now is even worst. Completely insane you now have a situation where Darth Nihilus gains more health and you end witha zero score even if you have characters which have coursed damage.So Darth Nihilus also is part nightsister zombie

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Grezzauk wrote: »
    Hi does EA play the game and do the devs test any update cause the new raid now is even worst. Completely insane you now have a situation where Darth Nihilus gains more health and you end witha zero score even if you have characters which have coursed damage.So Darth Nihilus also is part nightsister zombie

@Grezzauk he gains protection not health. And if you only damage his protection you don't damage the raid. You end with a zero score rightfully so since you didn't damage the boss.
  • I don’t understand how out of touch the developers can be. SMH you know there is a awesome fan base that love Star Wars and the game but this raid was never developed properly at all the people you use to test this stuff out are obviously way op or maxed and the average guild has no resources like that or are not as hard core with all the mechanics you have to know about just to play and enjoy the game . Being the guild leader since the beginning I have lost so many people because of the way they game is unfolding . If profit is you are all concerned with and not listening to the players you will squeeze the enjoyment pretty fast the sith raid I can say is horrible and pretty much every knows it nerfing toons we can use is not the answer , giving us a million Hans or useless , lame toons (enforcer, Rose) the op raid should have been better though out , better drops for gear and shards would also help right now and of course the rewards for the raid is totally not worth our time and effort .
    My 2 cents
  • DaScott
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EA/CG be like

I'm sorry you feel that way Darkstar. We have read and are reading the feedback and threads
    DaScott wrote: »
    Erm, devs, why not just put a flat damage cap on % damage abilities instead and solve the problem forever?

Oh, you are having problems deciding on what that cap number should be? Set the cap no lower than the damage it does in HAAT. That way you are using a baseline that has been around for a long while, and only changing the value of % damage abilities on future content.

Or even simpler, only make the change on a per-raid basis so you aren't mucking up performance on legacy raids.

Also you forgot deathmark, dots, and detonators.

If we affected abilities across the board, then it would affect Arena, TB and TW which aren't a problem.

The per Raid basis was an option but is resource cost prohibitive. We went over many options before resolving to this one. Thank you again for supporting and taking the time for feedback!

RT

But, uh, you are already using special rules for raids, and not just with %damage abilities but for all sorts of things. So you wouldn't have to affect abilities across the board.

And per raid being "resource cost prohibitive" is a bit baffling but I know how much coders just love designers and their ideas. That's what the buggy whip is for.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EA/CG be like

I'm sorry you feel that way Darkstar. We have read and are reading the feedback and threads

RT

Here's part of my problem. You reply to a post which gathering by your reply was not favourable to the game. I try to view that post but apparently I don't have permission to do that. My only thought about that is that it has since been deleted by a forum mod.

How can you say you read the feedback when you delete feedback you don't want to see? Negative feedback is still feedback and by deleting it would be the same thing as working in customer service and sticking your fingers in your ears, going 'NA NA NA NA NA NA NA' when a customer is trying to vent about an issue they have
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Makes me glad of 2 things. That I do not have JTR and do not really care to get her now. Secondly I only need 1 more HAAT raid and I am done with Kenobi. I used my resistance team on HAAT and it actually made it fun. Glad I got to enjoy that while it lasted.