[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Ephran wrote: »
    Halfbaked wrote: »
    yet no-one factored in that this game is a massive free advert for movie/dvd/blu-Rey releases

I've literally said twice in the last two pages that I was expecting her for the physical release of TLJ, which I would think would be more of an event than digital. I was expecting BB8 for the digital though, but I was ready for that hence why I didn't mention it.

• Like I said, I didn't read all of it, good call though my like minded friend, lol
  • Merklynn wrote: »
    Would be good if they put some decently priced (in crystal) vet packs up, 1000 crystals for a hundred shards, 800 for 80 say, I think that would make this a lot more pleasing. Mind you, doubt that will happen as I think they like to charge a hell of a lot more

Whilst that would be great, the shards for vets are charged at 80 crystals each and have been since there release so it wouldn't be fair to anyone who has paid for them in the past.

For my part, I didn't have a complete first order team and so could only get a 5* BB-8 last time and I was also farming Captain Han Solo as he was needed for TB (guild event so was a priority).

As it stands at the moment, I'm 66 shards short so am still hoping to get there by the last day with 3x daily refreshes otherwise will have a tough decision about whether to purchase shards.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Halfbaked wrote: »
    Like I said, I didn't read all of it, good call though my like minded friend, lol

Fair enough lol
  • Good luck fella, hope you get her.
  • When it comes to calendars, absence of evidence should be evidence of absence; if it’s not on the calendar, it’s not happening. Otherwise, why bother with the calendar?

We looked. There was no character event. We were given evidence to expect there would be no Legendary or HJ events this month. Now there is. Putting out a calendar with events missing is a little like lying.

So don’t tell me we should have been preparing because that’s all we do everyday. But do we go for the 7* Empire, or try for 5* First Order? Working on Nightsisters? Should you put it on hold because BB-8 is coming in two weeks? The calendar is there to guide the efforts we’re already making, so don’t give us this, “Boo hoo, you should have known,” because we did know. It would still help to learn a little bit more.

Anyways, like I said, if you’re going to put out a calendar, do that, and if you’re going to leave us in the dark, do that, but don’t pretend your calendar is worth anything if you’re still planning to surprise us with really important stuff. Surprise us with Credit Heist (or don’t. We want to know that, too.) but not with this stuff.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Legendary and Heroic events are not generally on the calendar when it is initially released, but are added later, after it has been announced that the event is coming back. If you see a month with no heroic or legendary events listed, more than likely there will be one or more announced at a later date.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Legendary and Heroic events are not generally on the calendar when it is initially released, but are added later, after it has been announced that the event is coming back. If you see a month with no heroic or legendary events listed, more than likely there will be one or more announced at a later date.

The calendar is used to plan. As far as i know, the purpose of the event calendar is only left with the Login character which might give us a hint about which faction rework or a legendary event that is going to happen.

STH for this month, is there more stuff coming?
    Post edited by Edward on
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    Sth = jtr so obvious
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »

The calendar is used to plan. As far as i know, the purpose of the event calendar is only left with the Login character which might give us a hint about which faction rework or legendary is going to happen.

STH for this month, is there more stuff coming?

STHan for the raid!!......oh, wait.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It is obvious adding RJT WAS a last minute decision made due to massive complaints about the nerf. All decisions in haste are badly thought out. That being said, farming Vets should be priority for all players who have been around for a while
  • Super excited for jtr. When I missed it last time I started farming the vets right away. Just finished 7 starring both last week. No money spent. I just don’t know what people expect from an ftp game. It’s an app accessible from a cellphone. The devs owe none of us a thing. Especially those of us who haven’t spent a dime on the game. If something causes you this much strife, cut it out of your life.
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    TL;DR: If you are above 500 in arena then you can on average, farm the vets if you started when Rey was released.

You need: 600 shard total (as long as you did marquee)

Shards if you made zero crystals a day:
    Daily energy over 90 days = 165*90 = 14,850 energy
    Shards = 14850/16 * .3 = 278 shards
    Remaining shards you need: 322

How many crystals a day do you need to finish the vets?
    322/.3 = attempts needed for shards = 1074
    16 energy per attempt = 17,173 energy needed
    100 crystals = 120 energy so 17173/1.2 =
    14,310 crystals (-900 from monthly) over 90 days = 149 crystals daily needed

You get 90 with dailes (assuming worst from prize box and you finish GW) so you need 60 more crystals daily... which you get if youre above 500 in arena!

This is also with a .3 drop rate, many people argue the data shows .33 which would make this easier. (Along with TB crystals, lucky daily prize box, and error CG crystals).

So yeah if youre above 500 in arena this was on average, doable for you, and more and more doable with a higher rank.

love this breakdown now i know i wasted14000 crystals for JTR...does ne1 know if u can only do mystic events once bb8 mystic event isnt showing in my events
  • @CG_RyDiggs any chance of a couple days of double drops on the vets to help smooth things over?
  • Peng
    4 posts Member
    Anyone know roughly how much packs usually are/ how many shares will be in. Never been short for a second run event before

• Peng
    4 posts Member
    Anyone know roughly how much packs usually are/ how many shares will be in. Never been short for a second run event before

• Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Announcing events is to the advantage of Free to play players. Can't have that.
  • I have finally JTR !
    I hope that you will be likely to have.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    JupiterBth wrote: »
    I have finally JTR !
    Me too.
    I am happy I stayed on target.
    Haven‘t prepare enough gear / zetas though. Only G11.3 an 4/20 for first zeta.
    Luckily I saved 32k fleet currency.

Hope you guys get her.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Nurgle wrote: »
    JupiterBth wrote: »
    I have finally JTR !
    Me too.
    I am happy I stayed on target.
    Haven‘t prepare enough gear / zetas though. Only G11.3 an 4/20 for first zeta.
    Luckily I saved 32k fleet currency.

Hope you guys get her.

Congrats
    Its a grind, but well worth it.
  • RNJeesus wasn’t kind today. I needed 8 shards for Chewie, I got 5 out of the 400 cantina energy I burnt today (daily collection plus two refreshes)... Oh well. I’ll get them tomorrow... And I’ll be finished with that horrible veteran smugglers grind.
  • I am using an Empire team, and I been wanting IPD for my squad. So I went heavy on Imp Troopers. To get Snow and Death up to 7* was 4 months of boring RNG hell. And thats with getting 50 shards via Bronziums on Snow. If I start now on the vets, I should be set if they re-release her around Aug. Then there is the first order for BB8. Capt P, Kylo are both 7 stars for me. FOO, FOTP, and FOST are all 5 stars. Should i just slow grind those three and not worry about the other 3(Matt 4*, FOSFTP 4*, FOX 2*)? Since they use conflicting supply source?
  • 28 Chewy shards needed..
    I cant wait to farm someone else haha
  • I have read now so many replys of people who say "don't complain and it is months to farm"...

I can show you my situation, maybe some people will get it:
    I am full f2p, no real money - but I like this game very much. I understand the meaning of CG to boost the panic farmers - with makes money, sure. Also the fact that JTR is coming "early" for compensating the strengh of the new raid...

I myself wont start panic farming. As I said, I like this game but this fact won't change.
    Why we need a calendar?
    It is easy. Resources are really limited, especially if you don't spend any money. I was farming FO and didn't make it, JTR is far away for me.
    I didnt't start at the beginning of the game, so many "basics" I did not achive yet - and new marquee toons etc. I can almost ignore each time.
    I made some research; All 3 toons I really want to have but don't until now:

Thrawn:
    - can come any day? Should come "now"
    2018-01-18 - 54 days
    2017-11-23 - 56 days
    2017-10-07 - 47 days
    2017-06-15 - 114 days

R2D2:
    is overdue - if you assuming about 50/60 days again
    2017-12-21 - 82 days
    2017-10-26 - 56 days
    2017-08-03 - 84 days
    2017-05-04 - 91 days

Luke:
    comes usually after R2D2 - if you calculate again bout 70/80 days, can come any day now.
    2017-12-28 - 75 days
    2017-08-10 - 140 days

Because of the fact that CG wont tell anything, I have no idea on what to concentrate.

Now my situation is as follows:
    I could finish my phoenix team - I have everyone on 7* but gear needs to be improved for sure.
    (Empire Team is ready for R2)
    Or I could focus on CLS - but if CLS is coming next, I really have to spend everything (!) I have on this squad.

I don't want to bore you with specificas, but just a short summary:
    Energy: 5x20 in Luke, 3x50 shard refreshs on Gear for CLS squad
    Cantina: all + 100 shard refresh on Luke and Ben - if I calculate this way with 33% drop chance, I get ready in 24 days.
    I won't even start with skill material.. I will never max out CLS squad in time, same is for phoenix. Just not enough resources and als shards goes in refreshing.

So what shall I do?
    I think I will fully concentrate on CLS, but it is just pure luck (or bad luck) what comes next. If Thrawn comes first, I will miss it again.

Just my personal summury for all guys who say "its enough time" and so on. Sure, "some" time I will have each legendary toon... but with a little help of planning from CG (=calendar) it would be much more fun and CG will also make their money. There are always enough people who spend real money, even for new marquee toons etc. It is a major point to me which decreases the amount of fun. Farming for a legendary toon means months of preparatioin - if 2 month farming was for nothing (like FO team for BB8 right now), it is just frustrating and has nothing todo with bad planning. I just can't farm "only" legendary toons, I got Han for example from hPIT now - If I want to gear him, timetable for next legendary is ruined.
  • The LEAST they could do for players right now is give us double drops....but CG won't even do that. Thanks guys.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »
    TL;DR: If you are above 500 in arena then you can on average, farm the vets if you started when Rey was released.

You get 90 with dailes (assuming worst from prize box and you finish GW) so you need 60 more crystals daily... which you get if youre above 500 in arena!

This is also with a .3 drop rate, many people argue the data shows .33 which would make this easier. (Along with TB crystals, lucky daily prize box, and error CG crystals).

So yeah if youre above 500 in arena this was on average, doable for you, and more and more doable with a higher rank.

That would require me to never spend any crystals for gear, Talzin, regular energy refreshes or mods. For several months. While farming for an event that may not come back for another few months. That's not a reasonable assumption to make and it's the same assumption that every single "you shoulda farmed better" commenter on here makes. Saying it's doable to drop everything else in the game on the off chance that the new raid might be broken so that she'll come back earlier than expected is not a reasonable thing to say.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

That would require me to never spend any crystals for gear, Talzin, regular energy refreshes or mods. For several months. While farming for an event that may not come back for another few months. That's not a reasonable assumption to make and it's the same assumption that every single "you shoulda farmed better" commenter on here makes. Saying it's doable to drop everything else in the game on the off chance that the new raid might be broken so that she'll come back earlier than expected is not a reasonable thing to say.

How do you think we got her the first time? I promise you, I didn’t find 7* vets gifted in my inbox one day, nor were they conveniently already in my farming plan (they have as much use to me as much as they do to you).

I dropped everything on preparation for the event and saved up all my resources, then once the requirements were confirmed I spent them all. Many of us did the same, because we didn’t know what was required for the event or when exactly it would drop. But we knew that we would have about a week to prepare once the requirements were announced.

Today you still didn’t know when it would drop, but you knew:
    -what you needed to unlock her and
    -that the event WOULD return sometime.

So you had more information than we did, and you chose your path knowing that information. Others had the same options and unlocked jtr today, because they chose a different path.

• Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »

How do you think we got her the first time? I promise you, I didn’t find 7* vets gifted in my inbox one day, nor were they conveniently already in my farming plan (they have as much use to me as much as they do to you).

I dropped everything on preparation for the event and saved up all my resources, then once the requirements were confirmed I spent them all. Many of us did the same, because we didn’t know what was required for the event or when exactly it would drop. But we knew that we would have about a week to prepare once the requirements were announced.

Today you still didn’t know when it would drop, but you knew:
    -what you needed to unlock her and
    -that the event WOULD return sometime.

So you had more information than we did, and you chose your path knowing that information. Others had the same options and unlocked jtr today, because they chose a different path.

So choosing to ensure that I could get BB8 when he came back is what kept me from getting Rey today? Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not mad that CG decided to release her early because they screwed up the new raid. I'm not mad that they didn't give any heads up about it. What I dislike about this release is all the smug people being jerks with the "well you should have been able to do it, I did." Well, I'm not top of either arena, I'm FTP because my email is .edu and I can't spend any money on this game and since I can't spend money I need to actually use my crystals, I can't afford to save up thousands of them on the off chance CG might screw something up. I understand that as FTP I am definitely not the one catered too which is why I didn't care that I didn't get her or CLS the first time. But CLS was much easier to farm the characters for, at least for me, while the Vets have terrible drop rates. Out of 4 refreshes and all the free energy over the last two days I got 7 shards. That's why I didn't exclusively spend crystals on them, it's only worth it if you know when the next time you need them will be.
  • You guys need some real problems if you're so worried about one character in a mobile game. It's no big deal if you don't get her this time around, she's only one team in arena and not even the majority anymore, this coming from a guy from a December 2015 shard. Enjoy life and don't stress out about one character who will likely be overtaken in a few updates.