On the origins of names

Prev1345
So, the gamechangers recently posted a video in which they told everyone where they each told why they picked the name by which we know them. Watching that was a lot of fun. Any players or devs here with an amusing story to add to the list? Let's get to know the community a bit...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There j s actually a post about this already, I know kozi gave some insight about her name.

It's a little old and I don't remember the title.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I think that other post is like a year old. Would be pretty hard to find, and then he'd be yelled at for necro-ing the thread.
  • WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • South Park, Season 13, Episode 6. Pinewood Derby.

My name is a generic South Park "alien" name. The character originally calls himself Baby Fark Mageezaks or something, then at the end of the episode reveals that his real name is Kevern Zaksor.

I started SWGoH and just thought to myself... this is a game about space stuff, Star Wars, so what's a generic alien name? And that episode popped into my head. It's clear that Trey Parker and/or Matt Stone were just like "hey, what's a weird-sounding alien name?"
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu

My name is a generic South Park "alien" name. The character originally calls himself Baby Fark Mageezaks or something, then at the end of the episode reveals that his real name is Kevern Zaksor.

I started SWGoH and just thought to myself... this is a game about space stuff, Star Wars, so what's a generic alien name? And that episode popped into my head. It's clear that Trey Parker and/or Matt Stone were just like "hey, what's a weird-sounding alien name?"

Wait, this is what this post was about, explaining our usernames?

Yes. The original post was something I thought had potential, but it never got legs. If I'm curious enough, I'll just ask. I probably have sweet D&D language skills I don't even know about.

Yes. The original post was something I thought had potential, but it never got legs. If I'm curious enough, I'll just ask. I probably have sweet D&D language skills I don't even know about.

I would love to play D&D one day (if that’s what you meant)

Oh it's great, you should. Issue is you kind of have to play a full adventure, mess up a lot, maybe even hate it, your decisions, the DMs decisions a little. That first adventure is your Pilot show, you know? But like many Pilots, it can be a wet kitten.... When you come back for round adventure 2, then you'll play D&d.

I've seen a lot of people through their first game - anyone who comes back gets thr eroleplaying game they want. also, doesn't have to be D&D, there's a lot of good P&P game engines out there - just easier to find a D&d group.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Oh, I was referencing when I saw a user name that I thought was something from D&D or some related media. I know a bunch of little things from that stuff that I don't even remember I know. Like what Mithril is. Won't say no to a possible D&D game though. :)

Here's the video of Gamechangers. In these things, always go first In case someone has a crazy story like Warrior's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ4Qo94bBHQ

Oh, I was referencing when I saw a user name that I thought was something from D&D or some related media. I know a bunch of little things from that stuff that I don't even remember I know. Like what Mithril is. Won't say no to a possible D&D game though. :)

Here's the video of Gamechangers. In these things, always go first In case someone has a crazy story like Warrior's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ4Qo94bBHQ

SWGOH forums dungeons and dragons anyone?
  • You wake up in an old run down cabin. With no recollection of how you got there. Your freezing luckily for you there is a fireplace and some wood stacked in the corner.
  • I search for traps (What? Whenever you wake up somewhere and don't remember how you got there, there's always traps). :p
  • You don't find any traps. But while looking around you notice the forest that once surrounded this cabin is completely devastated. A large fire must have just been extinguished. There is still smoke coming off the trees. A sense of honor and horror grips at your heart.
  • I explore the surrounding forest.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I climb to the roof of the cabin, to get a better view of the surrounding area
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    I climb to the roof of the cabin, to get a better view of the surrounding area

I go and find the high ground to see if any enemies are nearby
  • HK_V8R
    23 posts Member
    HK-V8R. I absolutely adore HK-47, I nearly wet myself when I saw him in the Chromium Packs. I got him from a chromium, and he was my first 7-star character. V8R is pronounced V-eighd(t)-R, making Vad(t)er, combon them together and you get HK-V8R, or Hunter-Killer Vader.
  • Nothing really catches your interest except a path that leads from the cabin to the woods. It looks like a simple trail.
  • I follow the trail.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    I follow behind, but at a distance. Bow at the ready.
  • Your still very cold you find yourself edging the forest on the path. A little heat is still radiating from the burnt stumps. It leads you out of the woods.

The path widens and trees are replaced by farm land. It must be spring you think to yourself the crops are just breaking threw the soil. Then you notice what appears to be a small village or town in the distance.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    And I'm behind Goodgil. I have Magic Missile and Shocking Grasp memorized for today. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I go towards the village to ask about the fire and inquire about beers.

Closeup%20Of%20Beers%20Mugs.jpg
  • Once you get to town it appears as if they're setting up for a festival. Ribbons being hung, a pig roasting on the fire. It even looks like they are setting up an archery shoot and games for children.
  • I ask a local what the celebration is all about.
  • I stand back, sheathing my bow but keeping it close at hand. I also made sure my hood is raised, to avoid showing my elven heritage.
  • You walk up to a local. He's an older man. Upon seeing you he instantly smiles and becomes over joyed. Then he speaks and you can't understand him at all. The language isn't even close to what you speak.
  • I scan the faces in the crowd, try to find a familiar face or hear a sentence I understand. I also try to look for non-human faces, especially fellow elves.
  • I loudly offer a goldpiece to anyone who speaks common and can translate.

giphy.gif

• This town is to small to find elves or any other race besides humans. After the humans destroyed the portal connecting this world and the elves home. Most elves lost any hope for happyness. Most simply stopped caring. Moving from there wilderness homes to inter cities. The older ones just went underground slow darkening there skin from lack of sun light. Even worse almost all there magical powers have left them. Without the connection home there power is gone.