[Feedback] Last update broke everything about the Sith team in my opinion

Prev13456711
Tromedlov13
1559 posts Member
edited March 2018
Was sitting easily between 34-40 with Sith team.

You bring out the latest update and now that team can't beat CUP as a stand alone toon.

The team never gets a crti and hits like a wet noodle.

What did you do.

I'm going back to RJT.

Don't invest in any Sith especially Sion.

Regards

DEV RESPONSE:
CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
I chose this hill

RT

After re-reading this thread and the many posts, I admit, I agree with many here. I chose the wrong hill.
I chose the wrong example to make my point and the choice has had the opposite effect of my intention. I understand that, and apologize to you for that. I'll be more aware of my hills in the future.

My intent was to begin the dialog around why posting rules are enforced on these forums.

I can see the OP as being an opinion on value, not necessarily a call to action.

I apologize to you @Tromedlov13. I see your intent as voicing opinion on the value of Sith and Sion. Not necessarily that players should not invest in the game or units at all, the way I first read the post. I'm wiser for your post and thank you.

I will lift the sink of this thread and let players continue to discuss the perceived or realized value of Darth Sion and Sith in general, as I believe the OP intended.

NOTE: I WILL be making a thread next week on the topic of: "Why posting boycotts, refund requests, discouraging players to engage in the game is not constructive and why this policy is in the best interest of the players." for us to all talk about. I invite you all to join in.

More thank yous to the community for this dialog and working with me to see your points. I have a wider perspective for it and appreciate you taking the time.

Specific thank you to: @harbingerofrock for being the first to call it out concisely and diplomatically. I was reading it another way, but on reflection, you nailed it on your first post. Well done :)

In that light, thank yous as well to: @five2zero , @TheChosenOne77 , @Whut (we're still going to talk semantics of community :smirk: ) , @scuba , @Boba_The_Fetter , @ChickenFett139 , @Vettes4Fetts2 , @Jed_Eye , @urtil , @clarkdiesel , @AnnerDoon , @Traygus , @catharsis478 , @Jeric (I'll use hyperbolic more judiciously) , @jhbuchholz , @Tekka , @Brownie , @kello_511 , @jb200 , @SoonerJBD , @Atrreyu (your topic is separate, but on my radar) , @Lrrr , @Chocov24 , @snake2 , @Carefuljupiter , @Darlex11 , @t0neg0d , @VeganJedi , @AdlerCl , @Mike_Honcho , @DarthRon , @BoboFoot , @_DM_ , @Drathuk916 (sorry this was your onboarding, but welcome!) , @five2zero , @Peer , @Inke , @porterbela , @Gawejn , @Cmon_enough_already , @HelenKeller , @nightsistersop_420 , @warmonkey , @WangSolo , @FearlessJDK , @KylarStern , @Boycey , @JohnnySteelAlpha @squawk12oo , @BionicGolem , @Kisafir , @Verzo , @NIGHTMAN , @Quarion4830 , @AkshnJ , @FierceRevan (caps suggestion noted, tks u) , @EventineElessedil , @beingScared , @RevanComingSoon , @Caiiiius , @The_No0b , @bitmoji , @Ragnarisback , @Ravens1113 , @Amadeo220 (great perspective, tks) , @Areceni , @ParzivaI , @kello_511 , @I_WANT_YODA , @TS0HG

AND all who read through to follow the discussion.

A sincere thank you and I look forward to talking with you next week!

(very few caps @FierceRevan )

RT

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I need C-3P0 added to translate this mess. Can I get a protocol droid please? Bachi and Binary Load Lifter language is required.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • @Tromedlov13 thank you for voicing your opinion. Consider this your warning regarding directing fellow players to not invest time or energy in the game.

Telling players they should NOT invest time or energy in the game does not help the game, and thus does not support the game you love so much!

Examples of corrections below:

You bring out the latest update and now that team can't beat CUP as a stand alone toon.

Hyperbolic, but you're welcome to your sensational opinion here :smile:

More hyperbole, colorful and evocative but not really fact based per se. You could be a great politician! (joking!)
    What did you do.

I think this is a question but you wrote as a sentence. Assuming it is a question, we were very clear about the changes in our update. I'll link it here for you: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162743/content-update-3-13-2018#latest

Also, if you want to talk about character experiences, we have a whole section here to discuss facts and relay data with your fellow players in hopes of moving out of hyperbole and into fact feedback. You don't have to join, but you're always welcome to!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
    I'm going back to RJT.
    Sounds like a great plan for you. If you want to talk about theorycrafting and data feedback with fellow gamers about the sith raid, come over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/territorywars

We're having a pretty lively discussion.

OK, this is where your frustration spills over into actively working against the forums and the game, and where I need to step in.

If YOU don't like it, and YOU have data you want to share why it could be improved or why other characters might be more effective, YOU are free to share your data and thoughts.

Actively undermining the game based on your feelings, will ... undermine the game and then... you won't have a game. Do you see why we chose to protect the long term benefit of the game?

I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)
    Regards

And best regards to YOU! Have a GREAT weekend!

CG_RyDiggs

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    @Tromedlov13 thank you for voicing your opinion. Consider this your warning regarding directing fellow players to not invest time or energy in the game.

Telling players they should NOT invest time or energy in the game does not help the game, and thus does not support the game you love so much!

Examples of corrections below:

Hyperbolic, but you're welcome to your sensational opinion here :smile:

More hyperbole, colorful and evocative but not really fact based per se. You could be a great politician! (joking!)
    What did you do.

I think this is a question but you wrote as a sentence. Assuming it is a question, we were very clear about the changes in our update. I'll link it here for you: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162743/content-update-3-13-2018#latest

Also, if you want to talk about character experiences, we have a whole section here to discuss facts and relay data with your fellow players in hopes of moving out of hyperbole and into fact feedback. You don't have to join, but you're always welcome to!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
    I'm going back to RJT.
    Sounds like a great plan for you. If you want to talk about theorycrafting and data feedback with fellow gamers about the sith raid, come over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/territorywars

We're having a pretty lively discussion.

OK, this is where your frustration spills over into actively working against the forums and the game, and where I need to step in.

If YOU don't like it, and YOU have data you want to share why it could be improved or why other characters might be more effective, YOU are free to share your data and thoughts.

Actively undermining the game based on your feelings, will ... undermine the game and then... you won't have a game. Do you see why we chose to protect the long term benefit of the game?

I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)
    Regards

And best regards to YOU! Have a GREAT weekend!

CG_RyDiggs

Woah, thats a ton of salt! I can't believe thats how @CG_RyDiggs responds to someone voicing their concerns. If there is a problem with scion then why can't he warn people to stay away for now? More importantly, why are you being so mean in your responses to him? I get throwing a tiny amount of shade now and then but this seems just malicious to me. Also, he never advocated for not playing the game, just a warning about a bug character.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited March 2018

CG_RyDiggs

I really thought the forum is there to help players, but i'm wrong. My mistake about players.....
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    bVe8E9X.jpg
    Post edited by Dal_Zuba on

• Woah, thats a ton of salt! I can't believe thats how @CG_RyDiggs responds to someone voicing their concerns. If there is a problem with scion then why can't he warn people to stay away for now? More importantly, why are you being so mean in your responses to him? I get throwing a tiny amount of shade now and then but this seems just malicious to me. Also, he never advocated for not playing the game, just a warning about a bug character.

Believe it. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feelings, I'm all for it.

I won't abide players undermining the health or promotion of the game.

You don't like a char? Fine, let us know where it is missing expectation. Let us know your experience.
    I'm all about it.

You tell players to undermine the success of this game, then this forum is not for you.

You can come correctly with constructive criticism. You cannot undermine our community or game.

I hope the difference is understood. :smile:

I'm trying to be clear, not mean. This is VERY serious, but it's for everyone.

My apologies if it is coming off insensitive, but I want to be clear :)

More smilies!
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited March 2018
    five2zero wrote: »

CG_RyDiggs

I really thought the forum is there to help players, but i'm wrong. My mistake about players.....

These forums are here to promote the SWGOH community and the SWGOH game.

Helping developers and players understand your experience and where expectations are met or missed, is completely OK and we encourage it. EVEN constructive criticism!

Undermining the game (don't buy, boycott, deriding player's choices of investment, etc.) does NOT promote the community OR the game.
    Thus, it is not tolerated.

Do you see the difference?

RT

Believe it. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feelings, I'm all for it.

I won't abide players undermining the health or promotion of the game.

You don't like a char? Fine, let us know where it is missing expectation. Let us know your experience.
    I'm all about it.

You tell players to undermine the success of this game, then this forum is not for you.

You can come correctly with constructive criticism. You cannot undermine our community or game.

I hope the difference is understood. :smile:

I'm trying to be clear, not mean. This is VERY serious, but it's for everyone.

My apologies if it is coming off insensitive, but I want to be clear :)

More smilies!

Well, my feelings is this is an overreaction from you. All of the points you highlighted from his post were made fun of for being hyperbole or poor grammar. Then you misrepresented everything he said even though you highlight the exact statements he made. Where did he say to stop playing the game? Where did he undermine the promotion of the game? I've personally defended the CG studio before from upset players that are waaaay more aggressive against the promotion and well being of this game and its community with absolutely no attention from the moderators. Why is this post being made an example of? This is mild frustration at best and I can't help but get the feeling that @CG_RyDiggs is being unfair.
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited March 2018
    Well, my feelings is this is an overreaction from you. All of the points you highlighted from his post were made fun of for being hyperbole or poor grammar. Then you misrepresented everything he said even though you highlight the exact statements he made. Where did he say to stop playing the game? Where did he undermine the promotion of the game? I've personally defended the CG studio before from upset players that are waaaay more aggressive against the promotion and well being of this game and its community with absolutely no attention from the moderators. Why is this post being made an example of? This is mild frustration at best and I can't help but get the feeling that @CG_RyDiggs is being unfair.

heya @harbingerofrock

Tks for your thoughts:

Specifically where I call out where @Tromedlov13 says:

Regards

This won't be tolerated.

I could have been focused directly on that one line, agreed. Your feedback that I was harsh or insensitive is noted. I'll work on that.

I absolutely appreciate you contributing to the conversation!

Yes, I'm making an example of this post so WE as a community can have this conversation :) and so I can clarify for other players what the expectations are on these forums.

RT
  • I like the salt. Keep it coming.

heya @harbingerofrock

Tks for your thoughts:

Specifically where I call out where @Tromedlov13 says:

Regards

This won't be tolerated.

I could have been focused directly on that one line, agreed. Your feedback that I was harsh or insensitive is noted. I'll work on that.

I absolutely appreciate you contributing to the conversation!

Yes, I'm making an example of this player so WE can have this conversation :) and so I can clarify for other players what the expectations are on these forums.

RT

Thank you, this post has addressed my concern and cleared up a misconception. We could all stand to be better to each other, especially considering that the only people who are willing to post on the forums really do care about the game.
  • I like the salt. Keep it coming.

If my salt is distracting from the point:

" 'Boycott, Don't buy, Don't play, Don't invest, etc' is not tolerated because it undermines the community and the game."

then I'm inclined to agree with @harbingerofrock that I'm not helping make my point. He's wise, and I'm learning.

Thanks to you too!

RT
  • Now that the unpleasantness is behind us...

I’m hearing reports from lots of guildmates that there may be some issues with characters getting unexpectedly affected by the latest changes. I believe that Sion’s zeta was no longer working as intended for some time and was fixed, but that there may be some other bugs still at large.
    I assume that’s what the OP was experiencing.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Now that the unpleasantness is behind us...

I’m hearing reports from lots of guildmates that there may be some issues with characters getting unexpectedly affected by the latest changes. I believe that Sion’s zeta was no longer working as intended for some time and was fixed, but that there may be some other bugs still at large.

Ok, now THAT is some constructive feedback, something we can work on IF you have examples of what you claim.

We have a QA team scouring Bug Reports over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Where bug reports SHOULD be going. So the next question is... if you (anyone) have a bug, why are we in the General Forum where RyDiggs is and not in the Bug Report forum... where QA is?

Let's help each other improve the game.

RT

• @CG_RyDiggs I wish you all would take at the bug posting area from a customer perspective. It is not easy to navigate or post in. (Hyperbole) but I feel like I need two additional accounts to log in with and although I am well educated and work in a **** field, that I am out of my league when trying to report a negative experience. Whereas, the forums, I can just post my issue...
  • Off to re-education camp for the OP....War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. And CG welcomes open dialog and constructive criticism...
  • DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I like the salt. Keep it coming.

If my salt is distracting from the point:
    I didn't think it was, and I appreciate the candor

• Range1974 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs I wish you all would take at the bug posting area from a customer perspective. It is not easy to navigate or post in. (Hyperbole) but I feel like I need two additional accounts to log in with and although I am well educated and work in a **** field, that I am out of my league when trying to report a negative experience. Whereas, the forums, I can just post my issue...

Not liking it and it being difficult... GREAT FEEDBACK!

Maybe we could get a different thread to talk about it?

It definitely needs improvement, and together we can do it. Time and priority.

HOWEVER, back to the point of this thread. :wink:

Getting @Tromedlov13 to understand where he violated forum rules and hopefully will take my offer to edit OP :)

Lots of work to do!

RT
  • Off to re-education camp for the OP....War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. And CG welcomes open dialog and constructive criticism...

You have my attention, what can I clarify for ya?

RT
  • Whut
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    These forums are here to promote the SWGOH community and the SWGOH game.

Helping developers and players understand your experience and where expectations are met or missed, is completely OK and we encourage it. EVEN constructive criticism!

Undermining the game (don't buy, boycott, deriding player's choices of investment, etc.) does NOT promote the community OR the game.
    Thus, it is not tolerated.

Do you see the difference?

RT
    Wow, just wow.
    Might find that a little difficult, if it's left to you & your colleagues to do when everyone stops posting here. Especially with that sort of attitude!

Telling people not to farm a specific faction does NOT do what you incorrectly claim, in a rather strange & paranoid fashion.
    It passes on his opinion about a single faction & single named character. He doesn't once tell people to do anything even remotely connected with "undermining the game".
    He tells people to steer clear of a specific faction & one specific character.
    I considered that to be advice directly targeted at people playing the game & not even in the same ballpark?
    If telling people not to play, then you'd have a valid point.

Perhaps, if you want to successfully promote their game, maybe try sorting your content out? That's called self-promotion & it spreads well via positive word of mouth, rather than the type that you're creating with this type of snippy response.

Talking about things that are perhaps wrong with the game doesn't undermine the game.
    Things being wrong with the game is what does.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

Ok, now THAT is some constructive feedback, something we can work on IF you have examples of what you claim.

We have a QA team scouring Bug Reports over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Where bug reports SHOULD be going. So the next question is... if you (anyone) have a bug, why are we in the General Forum where RyDiggs is and not in the Bug Report forum... where QA is?

RT

@CG_RyDiggs the reason people post things here is at least we tend to get a response of some sort.

Let's go with some facts (so we can stay away from hyperbole)

Here are recent bug reports that I have posted and as far as I know have been ignored

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Darth-Traya-Compassion-is-Weakness/m-p/6687371#M10530

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rebel-Officer-Leia-AoE-attack/m-p/6669184#M9863

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NS-acolyte-bug-with-offense-up-not-stacking-with-unique-offense/m-p/6473290

And they you get responses like this that are 100% incorrect and then they are forgotten about

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Old-Daka-Serve-You-missed-a-bug-maybe/m-p/6405152

And then you have things that have been acknowledged and as far as the player base can tell is being ignored for "more important things"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Acolyte-doesn-t-call-in-an-assist-sometimes/m-p/6410628#M4507

Players just want acknowledgement, updates and actual fixes to all the bugs in the game. I don't think that is a lot to ask for.

Do you really expect players to not be annoyed that CG seems to jump right on fixing bugs for characters that are currently "not free" yet characters that are "free" that are bugged seemed to get ignored.

Personally I just want my characters to perform as they are supposed to no matter if they are 2 years old or 1 day old.
  • I think @CG_RyDiggs has just had a lot to deal with the last few days guys with all the complaints, justified ones and nonsensical
  • @CG_RyDiggs thank you for responding to a majority of concerns raised. I have read most of your postings and see you are actively engaged with the player base.

A lot of folks are talking with emotion, myself included. We banter, joke, and post funny meme tongue in check responses that border from mildly salty to extra heavy granular Kosher salt with caked in bacon grease. You made your point clearly to the OP and everyone who read this post. There is no but. Thank you for your candor.

All the player base wants is a voice in CG to discuss openly issues and let us know we are being heard. Some of it is silly, put helmets on the clones, to really needed, remove challenge gear from raid rewards, and some is outlandish, add padme. <—no really don’t do this last one.

Hope you have a good weekend.
  • scuba wrote: »

RT

@CG_RyDiggs the reason people post things here is at least we tend to get a response of some sort.

Let's go with some facts (so we can stay away from hyperbole)

Here are recent bug reports that I have posted and as far as I know have been ignored

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Darth-Traya-Compassion-is-Weakness/m-p/6687371#M10530

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rebel-Officer-Leia-AoE-attack/m-p/6669184#M9863

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NS-acolyte-bug-with-offense-up-not-stacking-with-unique-offense/m-p/6473290

And they you get responses like this that are 100% incorrect and then they are forgotten about

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Old-Daka-Serve-You-missed-a-bug-maybe/m-p/6405152

And then you have things that have been acknowledged and as far as the player base can tell is being ignored for "more important things"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Acolyte-doesn-t-call-in-an-assist-sometimes/m-p/6410628#M4507

Players just want acknowledgement, updates and actual fixes to all the bugs in the game. I don't think that is a lot to ask for.

Do you really expect players to not be annoyed that CG seems to jump right on fixing bugs for characters that are currently "not free" yet characters that are "free" that are bugged seemed to get ignored.

Personally I just want my characters to perform as they are supposed to no matter if they are 2 years old or 1 day old.

Well said, but it won’t get a response.

• Whut
    40 posts Member
    Oh well, why not just give reason for people to feel even more aggrieved?
    Poor thing
  • Hey, at least he's posting. It is Friday and all...

And sometimes us SOUR gamers need a little SALT thrown our way. I've been very vocal about what I like or don't like. Got a warning along the way. Tone is very hard to convey in text.

The internet is a callous place. Wear a helmet.
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member

RT

I love that ppl can freely post bugs here. This allows the community to know that the bug is already reported. Having to check another board is just too much. Seriously, ea/cg should be able to take the feedback from here and get as involved without the community having to complete a ticket elsewhere

• Whut
    40 posts Member
    I think @CG_RyDiggs has just had a lot to deal with the last few days guys with all the complaints, justified ones and nonsensical

True, but then perhaps his time would be better spent actually dealing with the valid, justifiable complaints, rather than wasting it on this?
    At the end of the day, if there are justifiable complaints, then who is responsible for that? Not the people complaining, that's for sure.
  • urtil
    73 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs the ironic thing is that your post did more to harm the promotion of this game than the OP's

His was just an usual rant that would have been quickly forgotten.

But you just chose to belittle him by disecting his whole post in a not so friendly way. If you were really interested in more concrete feedback why not ask him in a nice way?

It is interesting that you spend a lot of time of answering him and others in this thread whereas you somehow are always "just out of the door and talk to you later" when it comes to long and serious threads that discuss problems in the game like on the game content philosophy thread.

I personally find it revealing that the only thing you seem to be able to think about when hearing "invest" is $$$$. To people that actually play this game "invest" means so much more. We invest time, thought and emotion into this. For me someone telling me not to invest in xyz simply means "concentrate on other areas" and not "do not spend". But I guess what can we expect from people stating "the pit is 3 year old content" and not knowing what "challenge gear" means. If people know very little about the game and seemingly don't play it how can they actually relate to those that do?

And then this: "EVEN constructive criticism!". Just wow, need I say more? Any company that strives to improve their product should be extremely happy about constructive criticism. But you put a big capital EVEN in front of it. Again pretty revealing from my perspective.

As you invited the OP to rephrase his points I invite you to

a) actually learn about the game, maybe even play it so that you can be a an effective ambassador of the game and understand more of the issues that the players in this forum talk about.

b) spend your time not belittling and telling off posters but rather answer to the valid concerns voiced in many threads and also try to communicate ideas on how to improve the game back to the people doing the actual game development. That way the game might become better and more successful.

That would lead in my opinion to a much improved promotion of the game which is what you claim you want. Spedning time telling people off the way you do here however just constitutes a waste of your employer's resources that could be better used otherwise.
  • CG_RyDiggs, you keep truckin. Adults know how to address faults and flaws, children whine for no reason