[Feedback] Last update broke everything about the Sith team in my opinion

Replies

• Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs I wrote it here because in other postings you evaded the question. It's not hard sir. It's a very simple question. I'm not trying to be combative nor call you out. I just know it's a question many want answered. Here it is again.

@CG_RyDiggs We want a concrete response as to why are players who beat the new sith raid get the same garbage rewards that many have hundreds and thousands of. What's the point of rolling out a new raid that is difficult, you nerf the viable teams, you basically make it a requirement to get jtr as you've pigeon holed many with what can be used only to then get such lack luster rewards. If you think about it it's pointless to run this raid. One gets the same rewards in other raids. We'd be very interested in hearing your rebuttal and not a politicians response basically speaking and saying nothing. Savvy

Make another thread please. I'll get to it when I can, and appreciate you're trying not to be combative. I'll get to it when I can :)

Numerous threads have already been made regarding this topic that have quickly been moved to Raids section of feedback. These post go backs for months and months with no response. Once the nerf was enforced to expose, again, the biggest issue in the megthread was useless gear we have 1000s of dropping from raids. Please make it a priority. By doing so, it eliminates THE most brought up question/subject.

All we can do is keep asking and flooding the forums with the same question. I am glad to see my fellow gamers see the actions of these people. Words with no backbone, lacking integrity and morale fiber. #resistthedismissivecondescendingtone
  • I just want to know where to voice my opinion on how RT is handling his position as community rep. Wait, nevermind, I can vote. I'll call my state rep. I'll also report swgoh for not abiding by the apple store TOS of disclosing all drop rates of a game that utilizes variable ratio operant conditioning in order to habituate spending in a world post W.H.O. classification of video game addiction as a Dx. In medicine, we call this "maleficence". In this corner of the galaxy, it's called "capitalism". In the courts (soon), it will be called "liability", with clearly demarcated "damages".

Bring back the meme generator Kozi, because the Dev Tracker bot on my discord chat has me actively seeking kittens to punt off golden state bridge.
  • @CG_RyDiggs

In an unfortunate way, I need to thank you. I am a dolphin in this game, I have spent money in the past. I have INVESTED, as you seem to key on that word, in this game often in the past. I was more than happy to drop a hundred bucks of disposable income on the game in any given month and it was fine and fun. I got increasingly frustrated with the actions of the Dev team throughout last year and in the late summer I became unwilling to INVEST anymore money in you guys because the Dev team showed such a lack of concern towards the causes of the frustration (issues that were rampantly brought up on these forums only to be ghosted or moved to obscure subs).

I stuck with the game hoping to see improvements and waiting for you, @CG_RyDiggs to give me an excuse to begin INVESTING in the game again. I was just about there this past week. I really wanted to finish my Vets farm to pickup JTR. I wasn't going to be able to do it with regular farming so I was close to biting the bullet to buy some packs/crystals to finish it out. I only would have needed to drop about 40 bucks to do it and I was honestly thinking of also INVESTING in some Sion packs while I was at it. The temptation was real. About an hour before I found this thread I had re-input my CC info into my playstore account. I was going to drop about a hundred bucks on you guys with the acceptance that I would probably go back to letting some discretionary funds go into the game again.

Then I read this thread and your actions. You @CG_RyDiggs should not be interacting with the public at all. You are unprofessional and amateurish about it and clearly have no training on customer service interactions. You have cost your game money by this interaction. I know $100 is only small fries in terms of who you are targeting to get to spend money. But you are not getting that, nor the $20-50 I was ready to spend in upcoming months either.

So, again, @CG_RyDiggs , thank you. You finally made it an easy decision for me to step away from the game. You have clearly represented the toxic attitude of the developers of this game and have shown how the primary customer satisfaction complaints made about this game will NEVER be addressed.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

In an unfortunate way, I need to thank you. I am a dolphin in this game, I have spent money in the past. I have INVESTED, as you seem to key on that word, in this game often in the past. I was more than happy to drop a hundred bucks of disposable income on the game in any given month and it was fine and fun. I got increasingly frustrated with the actions of the Dev team throughout last year and in the late summer I became unwilling to INVEST anymore money in you guys because the Dev team showed such a lack of concern towards the causes of the frustration (issues that were rampantly brought up on these forums only to be ghosted or moved to obscure subs).

I stuck with the game hoping to see improvements and waiting for you, @CG_RyDiggs to give me an excuse to begin INVESTING in the game again. I was just about there this past week. I really wanted to finish my Vets farm to pickup JTR. I wasn't going to be able to do it with regular farming so I was close to biting the bullet to buy some packs/crystals to finish it out. I only would have needed to drop about 40 bucks to do it and I was honestly thinking of also INVESTING in some Sion packs while I was at it. The temptation was real. About an hour before I found this thread I had re-input my CC info into my playstore account. I was going to drop about a hundred bucks on you guys with the acceptance that I would probably go back to letting some discretionary funds go into the game again.

Then I read this thread and your actions. You @CG_RyDiggs should not be interacting with the public at all. You are unprofessional and amateurish about it and clearly have no training on customer service interactions. You have cost your game money by this interaction. I know $100 is only small fries in terms of who you are targeting to get to spend money. But you are not getting that, nor the $20-50 I was ready to spend in upcoming months either.

So, again, @CG_RyDiggs , thank you. You finally made it an easy decision for me to step away from the game. You have clearly represented the toxic attitude of the developers of this game and have shown how the primary customer satisfaction complaints made about this game will NEVER be addressed.

You are not the only one. Same decision process... Same conclusion... for the same exact reason. =(
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Amen! I'm happy to see others have seen his non existent customer service. It behooves him to be humble and contrite. Someone hand @CG_RyDiggs a slice of humble pie.
  • I think the dev has made it easier for players to not invest in this game. Such blatant unproffesionalism & condescending reply to the OP will only serve to make the divide between devs & players bigger then it already was.
  • @CG_RyDiggs Now that you are aware of the Scion bug (it's all over the internet, these forums, and Reddit) can you actually spend time working with your team on fixing it instead of constantly responding on the forums? Can you prove to the "community" that you are actually listening and you can be productive in making the game better? Can you also research and see that the Sith raid is not very well received by your player base right now and it needs some major changes. It's not Hyperbole, it is an actual fact. Lots of people are frustrated with the game right now. Perhaps, if people express their opinions by giving the game low ratings in the app stores, they will have more of an impact. Would you tolerate your customers opinions then? I really think you're out of line here, and it just proves to everyone some of the elitist attitudes that exist at CG.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    lol bye felicia

rydiggs should've just dropped the mic on his first post and locked it up. so many tears itt
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Edit
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Since we've been given the opportunity in this thread to discuss this issue, i will take advantage of it.

There can be no true community on these forums with the rules as they are. I used to be an avid member of these forums, but whenever it became so tightly controlled (a year, year and a half ago?), it became stifled.

In a true community, if someone said don't invest in sion, and he was wrong, he'd be corrected by other community members. "Actually he's pretty good in certain teams." Etc etc.

Just as in life, in this game it's not all sunshine and roses. If you can't freely discuss both sides of the coin, you can't have a real community.

The simple truth is you can't be real on these forums. Anyone that's been around this game long enough knows that. The true community exists on reddit and discord. What's here is just a strange mouthpiece for ea. A ton of effort is expended by paid representatives and unpaid moderators to turn newish players into game promoters by controlling what's allowed to be seen.

Strangely, I agree with you. I think it's important for us all to collectively understand the expectations of these forums.

It's not going to happen today, this weekend or this month. However, over time, we will re-develop a culture of dialog.

It will start with dialog, and I VERY much thank you for your criticism and observations.

These forums have come a long way, and with time, together we can build a culture even better.

RT

You do realize that you effectively said that you want to brainwash us into submission, don't you?

One question before I never look at this forum again because your respones over the last 10 days have been astonishingly unhelpful.

How many people have to disagree with your definition of "investment" as stated by OP before you consider the possibility that you overreacted and made a big thing out of nothing?

Also, don't bother saying you "hear" me or anything like that. You've repeatedly talked about improving your communication with us only to get NOTICEABLY worse.
  • People are so *#@*%~# touchy nowadays, offended by tiniest of things. The world has gone horribly wrong, whiny princesses as far as the eye can see.
  • Way2Foxy69
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    *message deleted*
    Post edited by Way2Foxy69 on
  • I would rather have flawed communication than weeks on end with no communication like early on or cutesy memes like the last manager. Shots fired but at least the dialog is open. Hats off to you dude. I imagine you create a summary and bring it to some meeting with your boss. Like it's all your mess. This is a rough community filled with some smart ppl. Its really hard for a product to live up to expectations in the star wars community. 41 year franchise.

Woah, thats a ton of salt! I can't believe thats how @CG_RyDiggs responds to someone voicing their concerns. If there is a problem with scion then why can't he warn people to stay away for now? More importantly, why are you being so mean in your responses to him? I get throwing a tiny amount of shade now and then but this seems just malicious to me. Also, he never advocated for not playing the game, just a warning about a bug character.

Believe it. You're welcome to post your thoughts and feelings, I'm all for it.

I won't abide players undermining the health or promotion of the game.

You don't like a char? Fine, let us know where it is missing expectation. Let us know your experience.
    I'm all about it.

You tell players to undermine the success of this game, then this forum is not for you.

You can come correctly with constructive criticism. You cannot undermine our community or game.

I hope the difference is understood. :smile:

I'm trying to be clear, not mean. This is VERY serious, but it's for everyone.

My apologies if it is coming off insensitive, but I want to be clear :)

More smilies!

In my opionion, you are burrying the game yourself. All these games have mechanics to get and keep people spending. I think it is not strange if someone wants to warn other people. This happens in all the chat rooms too, but you guys dont see that. Just look at the topic you moved down...enough info there on what people think about your latest update to the game and your vision on it. And dispite the people here raising concerns on for instance nerfing expose, you guys just go ahead. But still no mod management, raid reward changes or ability to sell excess gear. So you aint listening. Also your update broke Sion..dont need to hide that. So testing your updates has been proven to be incomplete also..You guys lost a lot of players, and have broken the trust and fun of a lot of us. Time to restore that. Offering a pack (you need to buy) with 25% more crystals isnt fixing it.
    We dont need to be in control of your game and directions, you guys do. listening to the community helps. One of the remarks i often hear is this one: when the bug hurts the business ($), they can fix it in a day. When it hurts the players it takes weeks....go figure..

(ps. maybe look at the current refund storm to see what people think..that one hurts the pocket)

So dont put the money before the game...1.2 million in revenue a day for iphone only should be sufficient :smile:

probably not gonna be your favorite post :wink:

@CG_RyDiggs the real question is why do you evade the question of garbage rewards in the new broken raid? We want a concrete response as to why are players who beat the new sith raid get the same garbage rewards that many have hundreds and thousands of. What's the point of rolling out a new raid that is difficult, you nerf the viable teams, you basically make it a requirement to get jtr as you've pigeon holed many with what can be used only to then get such lack luster rewards. If you think about it it's pointless to run this raid. One gets the same rewards in other raids. We'd be very interested in hearing your rebuttal and not a politicians response basically speaking and saying nothing. Savvy

I do NOT mean to be dismissive, but you're attempting to derail the topic, as that is not the real question here.

Apologies, but please stay on this topic for now. We have time, we'll get to other topics in other threads. I'm not going anywhere (except home) anytime soon :)

RT

Whether it's in this thread or the many other appropriate threads, this goes by unanswered.
    @CG_RyDiggs ok fair enough. I'm going to hold you to it, as you said you'd give us a response. Thank you for your time.

I said I'll get to it when I can, which means when I have it as a priority. Please don't mis construe or hold me to a commitment I didn't make.

TTYL!

RT

@CG_RyDiggs this is where i have to throw my hat in the ring. This has been an issue now for a very long time and is being brought back into the limelight again because of the new sith raid.

Perhaps it’s time you make it a priority so that it stops being an issue. Saying you’ll respond to it eventually is making a commitment to address this problem. If you ask me I think you and the team should start addressing this now instead of kicking the can down the road. It’s not going to go away. Challenge gear that players have thousands of pieces of should not be in the new raid. Want data? I’ll be happy to send you and email with pictures that show everybody in my guild having a couple thousand of each gear salvage we are talking about with you.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_RyDiggs hello sir

While you may feel justified in how you handled this thread and your reasoning behind that, I do not.

As a customer I expect a certain level of customer service. The OP here is a customer and, whether or not his point was made well, he does not deserve to be belittled and ridiculed by the customer service staff.

If you worked in a restaurant and treated the customer like that you’d, in all likelihood, get disciplinary action or be fired. It was thoroughly unprofessional.

As someone who spends multiple hundreds every month, who has friends who also spend the same, I shall be highlighting this thread to my friends and advising that they strongly consider their investment in the game until we receive a level of customer service that we expect.

I will not entertain a response so please do not waste your time, just endeavour to act professional and in an appropriate manner going forward. Your customers are watching and, despite what you may believe, your actions here are far more likely to lower profits than what the op said.

Thank you for your time
  • _DM_
    10 posts Member
    @Tromedlov13 thank you for voicing your opinion. Consider this your warning regarding directing fellow players to not invest time or energy in the game.

Telling players they should NOT invest time or energy in the game does not help the game, and thus does not support the game you love so much!

Examples of corrections below:
    Was sitting easily between 34-40 with Sith team.

You bring out the latest update and now that team can't beat CUP as a stand alone toon.

Hyperbolic, but you're welcome to your sensational opinion here :smile:
    The team never gets a crti and hits like a wet noodle.

More hyperbole, colorful and evocative but not really fact based per se. You could be a great politician! (joking!)
    What did you do.

I think this is a question but you wrote as a sentence. Assuming it is a question, we were very clear about the changes in our update. I'll link it here for you: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162743/content-update-3-13-2018#latest

Also, if you want to talk about character experiences, we have a whole section here to discuss facts and relay data with your fellow players in hopes of moving out of hyperbole and into fact feedback. You don't have to join, but you're always welcome to!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
    I'm going back to RJT.
    Sounds like a great plan for you. If you want to talk about theorycrafting and data feedback with fellow gamers about the sith raid, come over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/territorywars

We're having a pretty lively discussion.
    Don't invest in any Sith especially Sion.

OK, this is where your frustration spills over into actively working against the forums and the game, and where I need to step in.

If YOU don't like it, and YOU have data you want to share why it could be improved or why other characters might be more effective, YOU are free to share your data and thoughts.

Actively undermining the game based on your feelings, will ... undermine the game and then... you won't have a game. Do you see why we chose to protect the long term benefit of the game?

I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)
    Regards

And best regards to YOU! Have a GREAT weekend!

CG_RyDiggs

Maybe YOU should get a new job
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_RyDiggs

Registered just so I can add myself to the list of people who find your passive aggressive attitude unhelpful. Unlike us, you’re paid to be mature, constructive, and helpful. This dialogue is none of these things because of your actions, word choice, tone, odd use of capitalization, and rudeness.

I’m also amazed that in multiple posts you refer to this forum as “my forums”. It’s not. It’s capital games. Your expectation that you can dictate what the community must accept while being a poor representative for capital games is quite frankly shocking.

I could go on but I honestly don’t expect your boss to allow you to respond to this or any thread Monday afternoon. How long your vacation from the forums will probably be determined by how you handle the uncomfortable conversation you’re likely to have with your boss Monday morning.
    Post edited by Drathuk916 on
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited March 2018
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    1. Telling people to not invest means „Don’t spend money“. Of course it also means don’t waste gear or any in-game stuff. It means all of this. What is so difficult to understand about that?
    2. Personally I think their forum policy is limiting people too much but it is their forum and they make the rules. So don’t behave like you didn’t know when they enforce these rules.
    3. Forum members often use insulting language when they rant about the latest release. It is a matter of style and taste. I generally expect someone like Ry_Diggs to abstain from the use of insulting language. But then again, since many users don’t care why should he?
    4. I absolutely despise the way CG/EA run their business. I think it is ****, even for American business practice. Still I spend money. I don’t like how they make use of the so-called Game Changers and let them deliver sales presentations to customers. But I could delete the game anytime. As could you.

Nothing will change if there is no forward looking constructive feedback. Even if your ideas get voted down (like mine usually). If you are F2P just think one moment about what your attitude really does to the game, the developers and other spending players. And stop demanding things you would never pay a dime for (so you said repeatedly).
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    He’s just over sensitive because the overwhelming majority of players HATE this raid. They have worked so hard on something for so long and it’s having a negative impact. Imagine if you worked on something so hard and it ended up getting you fired because it caused so many to quit playing. My sympathies to all those employed by CG. I know you didn’t mean to end the game.
  • @CG_RyDiggs you've done an excellent job convinc8ng me to never spend another dime on this game. Thank you for that. You can bury the post but I saw this on an alternative site. I might be only one of tens of thousands but in no way, shape, or form have you helped your cause. I promise you have only cost your game/employer money by posting in this forum. This is not hyperbolic. This is not me discouraging people from playing the game. I don't care how other people spend their money. But you sir (or ma'am) just made yourself and your employer look bad. Real bad.
    I think @CG_RyDiggs has just had a lot to deal with the last few days guys with all the complaints, justified ones and nonsensical

That doesn't justify his behavior. You would think a Manager would be well versed in handling complaints, and would be adult enough to know when to stay out and shut up let players/customers vent. If Diggs cannot do his job--and the more posts I see from him in this forum, the more convinced I am that he cannot handle the Public Relations role he has/was voltuneered for; nevermind that, as Development Manager, he seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding aboutt he game itself--he should make way for someone who can. Diggs' response turned this into a Thing, when, without him, it would have either been forgotten or used as a springboard for troubleshooting the issue(s) OP was complaining about (which, in turn, could have very well given Diggs' and the other devs insight into the real issue at hand).

Instead he got offended over simple, if frustrated, feedback--which he could have taken constructively as "there's something wrong with Sith damage now" and promised to look into it--and ripped into someone who probably dropped a couple hundred dollars on Sion to begin with and felt that his money was wasted. Someone who was only trying to communicate that they regretted spending their resources on that particular thing (and if advising people where to (not) spend their resources is suddenly a Very Bad Thing we should probably delete the New Player and Arena Character Strategy forums). A little perspective, empathy, and a whole lot less hatred/contempt for the player(base) was all that was needed to turn this from a negative customer experience to a positie one.

Imagine if--instead of acting like the blue-haired denizens of Twitter responding to a POTUS tweet--Diggs had handled this more professionally: "I'm sorry about the inconvenience" and "could you tell me a little bit more about Sion and Sith not meeting expectations? Is anyone else having these issues?" and "any details you have could help us solve this issue" and "I appreciate any feedback you have, but please keep in mind Forum guidelines (and then quoted the applicable bit)." It would go a long way towards soothing OP, and make people lurking--and witnessing the interaction--feel a bit more comfortable about spending their money here.

EA/CG has always had issues with customer service, but I, for one, am still disgusted by this sort of behavior. I'm half expecting this post to be deleted and to be banned/warned for making it, but know that doing so would only prove my point.

@catharsis478 , much appreciated, but @Boba_The_Fetter is somewhat correct. We are having a big issue over a small thing. I chose this hill :) You are AWESOME to think of me as a person though, I and the studio appreciate that sooo MUCH!

Cheers!

@Boba_The_Fetter,

I should be going home, but you deserve some sort of response for this articulate and thought out post. I see that my points of:

1. The forum's purpose is to promote the community and the game.
    2. I chose this thread, to make point #1 so that we could have a dialog.

If I'm to blunt, too cold, to rude, to callous, that is all actionable and review-able feedback. I'll take it.

I'm not staying out, and I'm not shutting up, I hope we can learn to dialog.

However, your sentiment of letting players vent, yes, sometimes that is what's needed for the health of the game. You are VERY wise to understand this concept and I'm happy to see it conveyed :)

I'll reiterate, you are absolutely correct. I chose this post as an example of what my and the studio's expectations are for this General Forum and the thread. Looking back, what I thought was light and casual could be taken as flippant if someone were sensitive to the text and smilies were not taken into account. I'll consider that in the future, and thanks :)

Rest assured, the context of the post (Sion isn't meeting expectation) has been conveyed to Devs, but this ongoing dialog is about the culture of this forum and how together we will shift it.

Strangely, I didn't get nor am I frustrated, I chose this post explicitly as an example:

On this forum, what is OK and what is NOT OK, and;

WHY it is not OK. I don't think the community is clear on why certain things are not acceptable, AND are self destructive when you think through them logically.

If you already understand those things, then this might seem like a confusing concept to you, as my audience is others.

I'm not trying to be 'soft' or 'nice' about this point. I want it to be crystal clear, in plain speak.

I do not intend to offend, and I see some players have taken offence. If so, please know that wasn't the intent.

Beyond that, to my point:

Do you feel players should be able to voice feelings of Boycott, Don't invest, Don't play this game on these forums?

I'm interested, and we have a dialog :)

RT

I think you got me mixed up with the guy who replied to my comment. But I do appreciate all the responses and hard work! Thanks for all the new KOTOR 2 stuff, best update imo
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Just realised, what's OP even talking about? What changes to sith PvP? Sion got his bug fixed which is only positive
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    Ok, so it is time to show absurdity of those rules :): and time to cross them:
    Here we go

Guys dont spend money on CUP, Stay away from Mob Enforcer, dont play with Pao. Those toons are broken. Need to be fixed and .....

Also dont buy Emperor Palpatine :)

I hope someone will get it :)
  • urtil wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs the ironic thing is that your post did more to harm the promotion of this game than the OP's

His was just an usual rant that would have been quickly forgotten.

But you just chose to belittle him by disecting his whole post in a not so friendly way. If you were really interested in more concrete feedback why not ask him in a nice way?

It is interesting that you spend a lot of time of answering him and others in this thread whereas you somehow are always "just out of the door and talk to you later" when it comes to long and serious threads that discuss problems in the game like on the game content philosophy thread.

I personally find it revealing that the only thing you seem to be able to think about when hearing "invest" is $$$$. To people that actually play this game "invest" means so much more. We invest time, thought and emotion into this. For me someone telling me not to invest in xyz simply means "concentrate on other areas" and not "do not spend". But I guess what can we expect from people stating "the pit is 3 year old content" and not knowing what "challenge gear" means. If people know very little about the game and seemingly don't play it how can they actually relate to those that do?

And then this: "EVEN constructive criticism!". Just wow, need I say more? Any company that strives to improve their product should be extremely happy about constructive criticism. But you put a big capital EVEN in front of it. Again pretty revealing from my perspective.

As you invited the OP to rephrase his points I invite you to

a) actually learn about the game, maybe even play it so that you can be a an effective ambassador of the game and understand more of the issues that the players in this forum talk about.

b) spend your time not belittling and telling off posters but rather answer to the valid concerns voiced in many threads and also try to communicate ideas on how to improve the game back to the people doing the actual game development. That way the game might become better and more successful.

That would lead in my opinion to a much improved promotion of the game which is what you claim you want. Spedning time telling people off the way you do here however just constitutes a waste of your employer's resources that could be better used otherwise.

I agree in all but one thing, when you told him to actually learn about the game. It's conjecture and unnecessary for your post to be effective.. for the rest, you took the words from my mouth.. as it were.
  • If I talked to my customers like this I wouldn't have them anymore, ever heard of "taking the high road"? You should be embarrassed
    five2zero wrote: »
    I invite you to edit your comments to be more in line with the goal of these forums, which is to promote the game, even with critical feedback ;)

CG_RyDiggs

I really thought the forum is there to help players, but i'm wrong. My mistake about players.....

These forums are here to promote the SWGOH community and the SWGOH game.

Helping developers and players understand your experience and where expectations are met or missed, is completely OK and we encourage it. EVEN constructive criticism!

Undermining the game (don't buy, boycott, deriding player's choices of investment, etc.) does NOT promote the community OR the game.
    Thus, it is not tolerated.

Do you see the difference?

RT

thats a shame, i usually trust the opinion of my fellow players, but if you stop them from voicing said opinion then how am i going to get anywhere
  • Wow this is stupid. In any other game forum OP would make thread in general without it being moved, players join conversation and inform OP bug has been fixed, he says thank you, thread dies due to no more needed responses and disappears from first page of general as more people create new threads.

When you guys started "organizing" the forums and moving posts all over the place you killed the sense of community this forum once had. Now you see 20 threads saying the same thing but with only a couple responses in each.

I'm simply not gonna go to forums and search all over the place clicking link after link after link trying to find something that interests me. I want to go to general see what the playerbase is up to today and join a conversation. A lot of negativity comes from feeling like we are ignored and moving our threads to wherever is a perfect example of this. It is really annoying to make a thread come back ten minutes later and now you can't freaking find it. When I find a bug I don't want to spend twenty minutes for a bug report. I used to get payed for that as a software tester and it's annoying and confusing to do for free how its set up so now I don't report bugs which is dumb cause this is first game I've ever not done that.

These forums are set up terribly and do the exact opposite of what you say they are intended for. I know you guys are in our discord chat and that is how forums should be. A good analogy is you want the forums to be like bar where people go in and leave happy or at least like they didn't waste their time. Walk into a bar and you see a bunch of conversations going on, you find one you like and join in, get bored and move to next one, remember something and go back to first one, etc. You don't want to walk in and you start a conversation and some dude that works there grabs you all and says they are moving you to the appropriate place for this conversation and then segregates you away from the rest of the bar. Now you are bored and want a new conversation so you have to walk around forever going from room to room to find something interesting instead of just standing in the middle of the bar and turning around for a new conversation whoever you want.

A healthy and happy community is the best way to promote the game. I used to sell this game to friends and random strangers on the internet all the time and used to "hang out" on the forums all day joining threads and chatting away. It used to be an awesome community but then your forum changes happened last year or so and that's when I could no longer invite folks to forum to check out game because it's annoying to search or find anything so why would I recommend someone join this. I brought up this same concern a long time ago and if you can find it this is exactly how I predicted the forums would turn into. If I was a new player I would never continue game after seeing forums.

**Have you looked at general in your game forums? Now compare that to any other "big" game's general forum. General chat is literally a joke we have about this game when describing it to new players, and you know what, it's not actually funny at all.