G11 characters one shoted in a single rotation!

When it comes to dark side TB I know that raw GP matters more than combat missions. I don't need to complete all 4 waves for my guild to do well however having that said I do think that wave 4 past phase 3 is too strong.

Gear 11 characters go in the fight, apply their damage and debuffs due to pre built turn meter and barely make a dent. The battle is full of healers/cleansers and defense up buffs. All of your work to apply a ton of debuffs cleansed within a turn! Then they start their attacks and basically 2 shot gear 11 characters, even gear 12 characters. They gain turn meter also so they can whipe out an entire team with 1 rotation, literally! It's actually happened twice to me today.

I think it's kind of unreasonable that you spend a full rotation with a zeta lead Palpatine, dropping debuffs all over the place, watching g12 Vader hit an enemy with his culling blade and with about 6 debuffs on them and not even going past half their protection. Then they take their turns and then run is over!

You need characters like Thrawn and Nihilus to stand a chance and there isn't enough of those to go around.

Replies

• They insta kill Thrawn. End game players with max 5* mods with 17 + speed secondary just blow through all phases. It’s not for us mid term players still at GS11 struggling to get good mods still.

Don’t worry about it. You are contributing. It’s frustrating for sure but it’s a group effort and one day next year we will complete all four phases, too. I faced 5 Rebel Commanders and 3 Xwing pilots. Yeah. That was real fun.
  • I felt zader lead is better than Palp for tb.. when they cleanse the dots it comes back :)
  • Shaheen wrote: »
    I felt zader lead is better than Palp for tb.. when they cleanse the dots it comes back :)

That was my opinion and in fact with Z Vader lead I've always done very good results.
    But now that I run Z EP lead in arena, I've tried also in TB (with Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and Shore): today in phase 5 I did 4/4. The thing that impressed me was that in the 4 waves I was attacked by the rebel only 3 times!
    It reminds me Resistance in LS TB.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm only a ftp but no issues getting 4/4. Not sure how some of the latest FO and sith characters go

Vader lead is good in TB as mentioned earlier. Imperial troopers are an easy win and from reports so is nightsister if you are lucky enough go have zombie and talzin at 7*
  • I get 4/4 on all combat and complete all special missions up until P6, where I drop one combat wave. My DS isn't even that strong.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/collection/?f=Dark+Side
    So, I guess my point is that DS TB is fine as it is.
  • I'm finding tarkin very handy for Tb, just only use his debuff and his basic until wave 4 as his potency stacks all the way through the waves then drop his aoe and it's crazy dmg. On this last round so tier 5 I crit them all for nearly 80k
  • I get 4/4 on all combat and complete all special missions up until P6, where I drop one combat wave. My DS isn't even that strong.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/collection/?f=Dark+Side
    So, I guess my point is that DS TB is fine as it is.

What a collection you have :p well jealous
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    zPalp lead > zVader lead imo
    I use both btw. zVader with left over empire/sith + wampa. No issues with either team, 4/4 in each phase.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm only a ftp but no issues getting 4/4. Not sure how some of the latest FO and sith characters go

Vader lead is good in TB as mentioned earlier. Imperial troopers are an easy win and from reports so is nightsister if you are lucky enough go have zombie and talzin at 7*

zKRU can auto 4/4.
  • I'm only a ftp but no issues getting 4/4. Not sure how some of the latest FO and sith characters go

Kru walks all over dstb. I have yet to have them lose enough protection to do anything to there health yet.
  • I haven't lost any battles in dstb so far except the bounty Hunter missions.
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    Combat missions > raw GP
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    I can tell you is a simple look at who your leader is and how well they go against rebels. I have a zDN lead a Zkru zpalp and zader who can form teams that go 4/4 rather easy. With FO I put it on auto and don’t worry same with DN. Palp and Vader I like to use as swuad together with other empire and you need to ensure your team makeup has supports and tanks raw offense doesn’t do it for ds tb
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It's tough and the regenerative abilities on the 3rd and 4th wave get insane in the last few days, but I'm still 100% on combats this week. I find that Nihilis under a palp lead, and then thrawn under a Vader or thrawn lead team get the job done well as fracture and annihilate are very key. Troopers are still smoking through it for me so no difficulty there yet. I also like using Maul in my Palpatine Sith Squad cause of his aoe daze to stop all the countering. I just make sure it is off cooldown on the final wave. Zeta Savage is a good choice to put under Vader or Palpatine lead as well, and it is good to ensure you have a tank like Sith Trooper, and Shoretrooper that are well geared. Shoretrooper does particularly well with Thrawn in the team as Thrawn can keep passing him turn meter so he can keep that heal/tauntl and crit immunity up..
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    It also doesn't help when we get tons of unavailable nightsisters in platoons so we are lucky if we get 4/6 on platoons. Really hope these nightsisters are farmable soon.
  • My best DS squad to use in that situation is Zader lead with papa Palpatine, Asajj (cleanse and damage ramp), Thrawn and either shore for healing or DT for Deathmark
  • Mzee wrote: »
    It also doesn't help when we get tons of unavailable nightsisters in platoons so we are lucky if we get 4/6 on platoons. Really hope these nightsisters are farmable soon.

4/6 your lucky we usually go 0/6 in the final 3 phases
  • Everyone who responded has played for over two years and have more zeta teams then there are Rebels to play.

Pretend you are a year one player and at most have a single zeta possibly 2. That's what the OP is taking about. That's why I told him to wait another year when we catch up to where you all are now with maxed out squads and 20-30 multiple zeta toons. TB is made for GS 12, level 15 mods with bonus 20 speed in every secondary and double or triple zeta squads.

We are not there yet. There is still a lot to invest in to even begin to catch up to all you third year players. I chalk DSTB up to Round 1 is unlock a legendary toon. Round 2 is Tier 2 mythic, Round 3 is Tier 3 mythic and round 4 is Bonus Mythic made for super squads with God mods and zetas so ya'll don't get bored.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to DS TB
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne