Unlocking BB8

Heya Peeps, been playing since launch however just recently returned to the game. Thanks to my time away I realize that unlocking JTR is gonna be impossible for me currently. I did however see the two First Order packs on the in-game store. I was wondering if it was possible for me to unlock BB8 if I purchased both of those packs? Its alot of money and i'd only even consider spending that much if I knew Id be able to unlock BB8. I currently only have 2 First Order characters (7 star Kylo Ren, and a 1 star First Order Pilot.) Is it possible? Is BB8 even worth it as a character? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Replies

• I mean is that a serious question? You are the only one who knows how many shards you have and how many refreshes you can buy
  • Mighty_Mouse
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Is that a serious response? See it’s easy to be a jackass. I can do that too. If u read my post I literally said what I had as far as First Order characters (yes that’s literally it no other shards/characters). Now play nice and if u want to respond try being helpful or ask questions if u feel I left something out to give u more info otherwise go kick rocks lol
  • BazeMalbus
    268 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Uhh I'm not being a "jackass". To simply say "I have this, I don't have that" won't give me any information as to how many shards precicely you miss. I also don't know you arena ranks so I can't know how many refreshes you are capable of maintaining for free.

You can rule out 7 star bb8 pretty much, so my answer is NO, he's not worth having at 5 or 6 stars, if it means spending money. BB8 is a GOD in many aspects of the game, he is insane in raids but they require 7 stars anyways.

Save your money and start farming
  • BB8 is a top 5 light side toon in the game IMO.
  • The event only lasts for a week and there’s less than that at the time of this post so acting like knowing anything other than my shard/character count is unthinkable for me to leave out and asking me if I’m serious about my question does come off as a jackass. If u didn’t mean to be great, but my arena level/refreshes etc are next to meaningless with an event that has like 4 days left on the timer.

Either way thanks..I guess? I’m mainly a f2p player I’ve spent minimal amount of money in-game up to this point so it’s not like I’m aiming to be #1 in the arena leaderboards or top raid damage charts. You’re reading into more than what’s actually in my post. I kept it simple. I have 2 First Order characters unlocked (nothing else no shards/characters) and wanted to know on the basis of just buying the packs if I could “unlock BB8”. Doesn’t need to be 7 stars, doesn’t need to get me to #1 SWGOH player status. Can I unlock him/her/it and is BB8 as a character worth it.
  • Thanks Robjay noted
  • You need 330 shards to 7 star everything, if you buy the faction pass( limited to 1 time purchase) you knock off 80 shards of each. That's 250 shard to go. You have kylo Ren at 7 stars so you need the other 4, so 1000 shards. The crystal packs will drop on average 7 shards of a random character so you're looking at around 140 packs but since you get a random one you'll realistically a couple hundred packs cause kylo will also pop up.

This will cost you around 900 bucks in crystals, with poor RNG you are looking at 1000. And then you'll need to gear someone other than kylo unless you have a gear 10 or better kylo with zeta.
  • Thank u, appreciate the numbers as well. As I have spent a minimal amount on the game up to this point I don’t know what the drop rates would tend to be. Based off everything you said I’d agree totally not worth it.

I will say that I honestly can’t believe that I could drop OVER $120 bucks on the 2 packs and STILL not get him. That’s insane. Soooo glad I asked first. If character packs/costs are pretty much the same across the board and not just for this event then I guess I’m gonna just stick to farming and spending the occasional tidbits of money on crystals if I need em. Thanks again
  • Unfortunately you are not going to make it this time unless you are going to whale out on crystals to refresh nodes and probably buy credits and gear to level up and gear to a respectable level. Keep grinding though, many in my guild procrastinated farming the vets and are not going to make it. Consider KRU for your fifth, you farm his ship at the same time. He is on a Cantina node that costs 10 energy. Welcome back.
  • I mean if it was a characters that was viable in arena at 5 stars then you could get him but in order for BB8 to be viable in arena he needs Rey and he has to be 7 stars for that also. So no point to have him at 5 stars
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are not going to make it this time unless you are going to whale out on crystals to refresh nodes and probably buy credits and gear to level up and gear to a respectable level. Keep grinding though, many in my guild procrastinated farming the vets and are not going to make it. Consider KRU for your fifth, you farm his ship at the same time. He is on a Cantina node that costs 10 energy. Welcome back.

@ Mighty_Mouse

That's another thing, you don't have to farm FO strorm trooper through hard nodes if you go with Kylo unmasked which is 10 times easier to 7 star
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Best return for your money is spending crystals for energy refreshes and plan ahead. I returned in Nov, when BB8, R2, CLS, JTR all showed up at once. I knew I wasn't ready so I farmed my butt off. Managed since Nov to unlock 7* Palp, and now BB8, and I'm ready for R2 and CLS. Working on toons needed for Thrawn now, and THEN I'll start farming the vets that I'll need for Rey.

Buying the packs are never worth it unless you are already close to what you need and just need the little boost.

If you can afford it, buying $50 worth of Crystal a month, or posting high in your arena shard and ship arena to net a bunch of free crystals and spending it all on cantina and normal energy, look at what events are due to return and use tools like crouchingrancor and swgoh.gg to plan what you can realistically farm in time.

TLDR: Never buy packs for money or Crystal if it can be farmed in game, unless it will push you over the edge to am event unlock before it ends.
    Unfortunately you are not going to make it this time unless you are going to whale out on crystals to refresh nodes and probably buy credits and gear to level up and gear to a respectable level. Keep grinding though, many in my guild procrastinated farming the vets and are not going to make it. Consider KRU for your fifth, you farm his ship at the same time. He is on a Cantina node that costs 10 energy. Welcome back.

Ah wow can’t believe I missed that. Loads has changed in the time I’ve been away but yeah I didn’t notice this. Thanks, KRU seems like an easy win for sure :)

Ah wow can’t believe I missed that. Loads has changed in the time I’ve been away but yeah I didn’t notice this. Thanks, KRU seems like an easy win for sure :)
    Range1974 wrote: »

Yup KRU is much faster than FOST . Last event I was only able to get BB at 5 stars , fiddled with him for a day and went in the closet so not worth it at 5 stars imo. Now Let me ask you what faction do you like and see yourself using in arena? I ask because currently Cantina is packed with priority farms for required event characters. Go to swgohevents.com and look at the requirements and plan out your cantina farms accordingly .

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Bb-8 event subforum
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Thedude_ wrote: »

Yup KRU is much faster than FOST . Last event I was only able to get BB at 5 stars , fiddled with him for a day and went in the closet so not worth it at 5 stars imo. Now Let me ask you what faction do you like and see yourself using in arena? I ask because currently Cantina is packed with priority farms for required event characters. Go to swgohevents.com and look at the requirements and plan out your cantina farms accordingly .

Nice! Thanks so much glad I didn’t waste the money, I prefer dark side guess it’s cuz I gravitate to the characters there more. Trying to work on a full NS team atm
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Those packs won't get you an unlock. They'll get you close, but with your limited first order you won't get there. Just farm them for the next time around.
  • Random9 wrote: »
    Those packs won't get you an unlock. They'll get you close, but with your limited first order you won't get there. Just farm them for the next time around.

Yeah agreed, kinda sad since these events don’t come around very often so it’ll be awhile is all. Regardless I think it’s pretty insane u can drop that much money AND still not unlock a character. Kinda puts buying the packs in perspective for me since I don’t typically buy them anyways though
  • Yeah, you're going to need to wait if you're not willing to drop a grand on this.

Farm up everyone for next time. It's a long farm, but doable. FOST takes forever, so start on him right away.