SWGOH: Q&A w/Producers - 3/17/18

Replies

• Are you considering creating a sandbox or king of the hill style feature in the game similar to arena, but we can fight our guild mates daily instead? Myself and all my guild mates would love to have a feature like this where we could practice against eachothers teams and give advice
  • Primary question: Can you give us an ETA on Bounty Hunter/Jedi rework/faction pass ? Been many hints for BH with DSTB and SithRaid.

(Related to Jedi rework) Is a rework(or buff) for Grandmaster Yoda planned ?
  • Love this game, I think this is probably the best mobile game i've ever seen. A great f2p system in my mind.

I have one simple question thats on everyones mind.

Echo zeta. Will it happen?

Cheers thanks for all your hard work.

• darthnemesis1
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Why Can't we edit or remove TW defense squad during the setup phase. After matchmaking is done, our rosters are fixed. But sometimes someone do some accidental deployment on a region or like want to change teams for better defense.I think its good for the guild so edit their defenses during setup phase. Are we going to see some feature like this on future?
  • Hey all! We're extending the chat by 30 min to 11PM PDT and are trying to get through as many questions as possible. We'll keep answering your questions (as best as we can) in the coming weeks. If you enjoyed this session let us know, and we'll look to do more in the future!
  • What do you think are the top 3 problems players have with this game currently ? How do you plan to resolve them?
  • Is there a reason why the EA Helpdesk cannot or will not manually grant the rewards from the first Darkside Territory Battle for those of us who are still missing them?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1390837/#Comment_1390837

I never got my rewards from this either despite going back and forth with the most incompetent people over at "help desk". They basically called me a liar. After I got so frustrated I gave up knowing the rewards we work so hard for a week are going to be garbage anyways.
  • Do you three personally play this game? (Other than I assume your maxed out mod accounts)
  • BhMojo
    50 posts Member
    Mine is about pve. Are there plans to add new missions to hard, light & cantina nodes or is it just going to stay like that? How about adding more to the forgotten mod Battles?
  • No question this time just wanted to let you know my appreciation of this thread. I'm a big time spender in this game and you have no idea how refreshing your open and honest answers have been. Have not seen this in 2 years, please continue to do this at some cadence (doesn't have to be on the weekend)
  • My question is:
    Are you going to let us choose our own arena and ship payout times any time soon as not everyone will be free to climb or snipe during payout time and that leads to collusion and payout "mafia" gangs?
  • Supercalifragilistic
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Any chance that we can get the rewards raised or even changed somehow for things like the daily log in where we are getting three training droids or 10k currency, or challenge gear that we have thousands of popping up in raid rewards? I understand there’s new players downloading and starting fresh everyday that it may help, but there’s also a large part of long timers that don’t even blink at those log on rewards (other than shards), or even the daily challenge gear that stacks up from being in raid rewards as well as in the daily challenges.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi CG Team,

Thank you for coming online and taking the community's questions.

I would like to discuss my biggest concern in the game: GEAR

I would like to check what the developers are doing regarding the excruciating gear crunch at key levels. As an F2P who has been playing for more than 1.5 years, I feel that too many toons need the same gear (Carbantis, Stun Guns, Stun Cuffs, etc.) but the supply is too slow or at too high a cost. This makes the game progression extremely slow. As an example, I am sitting on 15-20 7* toons but have no level 8/9 gear to make them viable.

Also, it has been a long time since the daily challenge gear rewards have been rotated.

In addition, as mentioned by thousands of players on multiple occasions, why are daily challenge gear rewards part of raid rewards?

Lastly, I want Jar Jar Binks on 1 April 2018!!

Best regards,
    Cough Cough (GG rework please!!)
    Post edited by SithAmer on
  • Lordvader877
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Are there any plans to adjust the time schedule of territory battles and territory wars? This is one of the biggest time sinks. Having a guild event almost every day of the month is tiresome and repetitive. Not to mention adding the sith raid on top of that has compounded the problem.

Can this be answered at some point @CG_Carrie
    Post edited by Lordvader877 on
  • Good evening all,

Thanks for producing a great game and experience...

As a Guild Leader I feel this game needs to further supply myself and Officers with more tools to manage our members throughout the various game modes..
    You have supplied some tools, ie TB Phase participation please keep continually producing and updating these kinds of assets to avoid the " Burn Out" factor amongst the leaders in this great community...

Further why do we have to come to Forums, YouTube or Discord for the latest game information, in the future could it be possible for us to receive detailed yet succinct messages to our current inbox.

A link and alert to this actual Q and A could have been distributed this way, however I received the link via SMS from an Officer...

Or better still a CG developed and owned SWGOH ingame Communication System, with one of the many advanced options would be to unsubscribe / subscribe to varying types of levels of communications and alerts from YOU and or EA ...?

Thanks in advance for your response.. .

Peace Out... Atomik... ✌️
    “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    I’m loving the great updates and reworks lately but they’ve increased the overall zetas needed by a ton. Will we ever get another reliable source of zeta mats? Sincerely, the guys who’s gone 0-8 in the past few zeta challenge drops.
  • @CG_Carrie

Thanks for answering my question, but I was asking about changing TW defense squads DURING the setup phase, not after it has concluded.

Characters lock at the end of the preview phase, so there would be no way to move mods, upgrade toon, or things like that. I think we all understand why that's important.

I'm asking about changing squad lineups/positions on the field during the setup phase BEFORE offense phase starts. Can we not get the ability to move or change squad lineups?

Let's say I go in to place a team, but accidentally set the wrong leader. Or my guild decides to adjust a strategy and put all Phoenix in one territory in the bottom and mine are in the top. If it's still defense setup phase, it would be great if I could just click to remove a squad I had placed and reset it elsewhere or change the lineup (edit the leader or swap a toon I'd maybe decide to use elsewhere). Again, this is before offense, so it's not affecting matchmaking. It doesn't make sense to me that these squads are permanently set as soon as you place them, despite the fact that the matchmaking and offense phase could be hours and hours away still.

Since this was answered with a misunderstanding of my original question, can I please get a redo? Thanks and thanks again for doing the Q&A! (Original question quoted below)
    Hey CG, thanks for this opportunity. I have a few small questions, but my self selected, priority one is....
    Why can we not change/edit/move Defense squads in TW during the setup phase?

• Are there actual working intended strategies for the new Sith raid that the players simply havent discovered yet that you are aware of, Or are you waiting to see what we come up with? In other words, do you have a way to defeat the raid efficiently already, and we just need to discover it?
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Being totally honest some of these answers are not answers....why did you increase the number of teams on defense throughout the whole game?

You specified in the update notes at the top tier only and many of the wars now are awful...no.strategy one team says we don't care we will take the zetas for the loss....the design and implementation of TW has been awful. AWFUL...NOT THAT YOU WOULD KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID OF CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT.

This QoL update was awful...TW in their current state awful. The fact that kozispoon was terrible and could only meme and she is gone and you would think it couldn't possibly get worse...well think again.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Totally ignored my question had a feeling it would be . It was a fair question I personally spent around 4 vaults leveling up resistance since jtr was announced coming to game. The nerf and explanation of said nerf was just rediculous. I lead the 6th Top gp guild in game and really need this question answered so will ask again Why should we spend in this game when expenditures have a history now of being degraded in a short window after making said expenditures. Sith raid is awesome great work on it and should be hard it’s endgame material. We already found multiple squads that do decent damage. Explanation of the nerfing expose was it took away from us using other squads that’s not really great explanation because we still had to use multiple squads to complete raid . 6 percent multiplyed by 50 players doesn’t clear the raid and 6 percent took the best rng possible clearly not OP to warrant the bait and switch play on us. Trust is huge issue for us and we love this game really need a answer . 170 million gp guild doesn’t get to 170 million gp by not spending real money wouldn’t sweep this under the rug can pm answer if like .
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

Thanks for answering my question, but I was asking about changing TW defense squads DURING the setup phase, not after it has concluded.

Characters lock at the end of the preview phase, so there would be no way to move mods, upgrade toon, or things like that. I think we all understand why that's important.

I'm asking about changing squad lineups/positions on the field during the setup phase BEFORE offense phase starts. Can we not get the ability to move or change squad lineups?

Let's say I go in to place a team, but accidentally set the wrong leader. Or my guild decides to adjust a strategy and put all Phoenix in one territory in the bottom and mine are in the top. If it's still defense setup phase, it would be great if I could just click to remove a squad I had placed and reset it elsewhere or change the lineup (edit the leader or swap a toon I'd maybe decide to use elsewhere). Again, this is before offense, so it's not affecting matchmaking. It doesn't make sense to me that these squads are permanently set as soon as you place them, despite the fact that the matchmaking and offense phase could be hours and hours away still.

Since this was answered with a misunderstanding of my original question, can I please get a redo? Thanks and thanks again for doing the Q&A! (Original question quoted below)
    Hey CG, thanks for this opportunity. I have a few small questions, but my self selected, priority one is....
    Why can we not change/edit/move Defense squads in TW during the setup phase?

My bad, here’s your redo.

I don’t know but I think it was something we didn’t think of before TW launches (it’s not always easy to think of all the ways people will use or have issues with a system. And since then it hasn’t surfaced to be a pervasive issue. I’ll put it down on our QoL list though and see how much work it would be (it would require client work to select and undo a squad and possibly some other edge cases I’m too tired to think of right now.)

I’m sure you saw we did take defaulting most powerful squads into the TW select squad screen because we saw a lot of people accidentally hitting deploy with the wrong squad autopopulating. That is the first step to this fix and is an indicator that we will continue to improve this system.

Thanks for the clarification!
    -C
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Question: Can you let us know when you adjust the RNG(s) whether it is the target average, the value spread/variance, or whatever (full technical details not needed but sucks when we bang our heads when things seem to gotten harder) ... And has the RNG been changed recently (sometime around the release of the new Sith Raid)?
    It seems like ship debuffing is harder to succeed at, hAAT raids are harder to get high damage in with on the edge super teams, and shard farming with energy seems to have longer low "# of shards found" periods.

Thanks.
  • I am pleasantly surprised by this. I don't comment much, but I read forums all the time. Players can be hyperbolic, can exaggerate details, and are often only leaving comments in anger. Thank you CG for taking the time to answer these questions. While I wish we could have all the answers, I understand why we cannot. I appreciate the honesty you shared and hope that this can be something that happens more often in the future.
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    My guild has 132M GP and we don't like 35 defensive teams in TW per territory. Same level guilds also complain about this. Wasn't 35 teams intended for guilds in the highest GP rank - 160M+ ? We want to get 25 teams back plase!
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited March 2018
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    This was very informative. Thanks for doing it. I hope it's a regular event. If it returns, please put timestamps on answers so we can make sure we don't miss an answer when re reading.

Also, monitoring people that actually play gw will give you no solid information about who wants a practice mode. Fighting against lumi lead Vader rg tfp and clone sergeant provides no valuable info to a team you're testing.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    I can't believe this is what it finally took to still get vague non answers.

Many used to care about this community, they wanted to make it better. So many driven away and it's always the same cycle - Untested new game modes and nerfs and yet you continue to do them. Why?!?!

The forums have been changed to any time a post is perceived as negative it is immediately removed and the forum poster was banned for posting their opinions.

We don't talk about bugs here you have to go to ea customer service and tell them. - posts removed

EA customer service is the absolute worst. Tickets are ignored. Closed with no resolutions, yet we are continually forced to go there for answers. A couple of my favorite screenshots from ea customer service have been them telling the ticket maker they will get credit for their Simpson game and the other is if you are unsatisfied just go get a refund from Apple or Google. They will help you.

The EA customer service staff aren't even interested in fixing the problem and yet this is where we are suppose to go for help. Is there even a remote chance of this improving?
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Anton23 wrote: »
    My guild has 132M GP and we don't like 35 defensive teams in TW per territory. Same level guilds also complain about this. Wasn't 35 teams intended for guilds in the highest GP rank - 160M+ ? We want to get 25 teams back plase!

We have 137m and 34 teams. But I totally agree, that's insane. I always wondered why nobody is complaining about that. Everything deleted I guess. :D
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Anton23 wrote: »

We have 137m and 34 teams. But I totally agree, that's insane. I always wondered why nobody is complaining about that. Everything deleted I guess. :D

My god

I hate when i got deleted every single time

"Community" "forum guidelines"

Just for speaking the real state of the game/broken stuff etc

No wonder mcmole got kicked