The progression of zeta mats and why additional farms are needed.

Prev1
When zetas first came out, SOME toons had 1 zeta. Now every new toon gets a zeta and some have as many 3.

With TW and new raid, many different squads are needed. For P2P players particularly, gear is not the determining factor. It is now zetas.

For example, why should I finish gearing my troopers when I still need zetas on 4 other toons before I can even put one on veers?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    For example, why should I finish gearing my troopers when I still need zetas on 4 other toons before I can even put one on veers?

Because Troopers are good without Veers' zeta?

Because once you have Veers zeta'd, you'll come back here to complain that now your Troopers need gear?

Because gear is power is Territory.

Because Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper fit in a dozen teams that don't use Veers.

Is this a trick question?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Veers is one of my favorite zetas.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member

Because Veers zeta is so good your troopers no longer need gear.

Just put his on this past week and it's amazing the difference it makes to a trooper squad. One of my favorite zetas I've done, even if it isn't for an arena team.
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    Good point that zetas need to be more accessible- but bad example used
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    We should be getting at least one zeta from tb’s. A week long slog and none??!!! But we get up to 3 for TW. If anything make it so you need to achieve at least 40* and higher to start getting them.
  • Every new character doesn't get a zeta. Maybe weight zeta requirements a little more heavily when you decide who to work on.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    Zetas are more accessible though. You get them in TW and can buy them in the fleet store, neither of which was the case before.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't think there needs to be additional farming locations for zetas, I believe the easiest fix would be to get rid of the 0-2 chance of zetas on the challenge mat and make it a solid 1 zeta per challenge. This way you will earn a steady zeta income every week. Right now, you can farm zetas in the fleet store, TW, MT bonus tier, and Wicket bonus tier.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Zetas are more accessible though. You get them in TW and can buy them in the fleet store, neither of which was the case before.

Zeta’s have always been in the fleet store. Dunno where you’ve been....
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You were always able to buy them in the store
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    Oh. I stand corrected.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    I agree with the OP. This game is mad stingy when it comes to mats. They need to open the next tier of challenges and even open up ship challenges already. Still no boosters yet for ships and Zeta tier for omega challenge!
  • This game has always been about choices. You can't have everything. You make the wrong choice it will haunt you. You make the right choice you post how everyone needs to relax and just except it. It's always been this way zetas are just the newest version of this. The nice thing is even for whales they have to think about where to place them. Yes they get more from tw and talzin type events. But it's still a decision they need to make. I've seen many whales with full gear 12 rosters. Not to many have zetaed clone wars chewy because they had nothing else to use it on.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind more zetas, but i also don't mind having to make choices.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    Yep. If there were no choices to be made there'd be no reason to play.

Also, I find myself short on omegas rather than zetas atm somehow.
  • The way I read it, zetas were purchasable for some time. Some people complained how some 60-70 mill guilds had zetas on almost everything. I definitely think that there need to be more zeta sources. It takes a dozen of these to just zeta one ability. The gap is definitely wide and you would still need to make choices if we had 2-3 extra zetas a week.
  • Woie
    20 posts Member
    Zeta come and go anyone with more than 5 zeta's probably has at least 1 that at the time served them well and where happy with but now sit forgotten and only ever used in TW... *looks at maul and sidious*
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    I have 9 and I'm happy with all of them.
  • I've got two zetas on BB-8, one on Luke, Kylo Ren, Qui-Gon Jinn, Fives, Finn, Rey, one on R2, Barriss, Cody, Savage, Raid Han, and one on Darth Vader. I regret none. All zetas are useful.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I've got BB-8's assist zeta, but where do you find the other one useful?
  • I don't regret any of them. But since I have kru my captain p zeta is pretty useless. Still don't regret it because I got a lot of use out of it before kru. It could also be effective for me once more fo characters come out.
  • Cethsenpai22
    67 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Zeta on sidious added next to nothing for me. I accidentally zeta'd ezra when he wasn't t geared enough, my fault, but I wasted that one. My hold up is Omegas. I am OK with zetas as they are I guess, but I would like more omega availability given that all toons have at least one ability that needs an omega
  • I'm about to put my 10th or 11th Zeta on. I can typically farm a whole Zeta in 2-3 weeks average. That is dependent on if one is able to do the Fleet Challenge that possibly rewards Zeta's several days a week. Otherwise, make the choice between ships/toon shards or buy a Zeta every other day. I buy a Zeta every other day.

If you can't do Fleet challenge for Zeta's it's between 1 month to 1.5 months average. You know what you need to do.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Vader x 2, QGJ, Ventress, R2, Finn, Sidious, Barriss, CLS, Savage, Wampa (accidental and not even the good zeta).

Savage and Wampa are probably the only two I didn't get significant use out of.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I've got BB-8's assist zeta, but where do you find the other one useful?
    Droid team. BB-8 is a helluva tank--taunts, counterattacks, basic debuffs, basic gives foresight, and foresight heals BB-8's (and other droids) health and protection.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Didn’t they have packs in Japan that you could buy zeta’s?Wonder why we never got those?
    Hmmmm??
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    I assumed that, perhaps I worded the question poorly. Are you using it in TW only?
  • Zeta materials are not meant to be easy to get but if you do well in fleet, participate in TWs you can collect about 20 every 12 days including the fleet store almost every day.
    You probably are farming a bunch of ships too. Make a decision, this game for f2p is all about decidein what you are not going to pursue. I put off farming resistance for 6 months, then delayed NS after the rework was announced.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Yep. If there were no choices to be made there'd be no reason to play.

Also, I find myself short on omegas rather than zetas atm somehow.

Yeah I find with TW's and zetas being awarded for finishing certain challenges that they have become rather plentiful compared to omegas assuming you do well in fleet area.

You need more omegas materials but you can only get one per day as a rule and have to wait for the infrequent Omega challenges that give a paltry one omega.

Really need to add some more omega rewards into the game.
  • 7 star Wicket and Talzin. Extra 4-8 zetas per month.

Yes, it’s a P2P but some investments are worth it