New MOD interface please!

Vetman
39 posts Member
Hi!

Time for a new post about this request that has been made by the game fans for more than a year now.

We desperately need a new interface for mod management. Basically, we need to be able to create mod sets independently of toons and to be able to swap those sets easily between toons. Although I love this game and I've been playing it for more than 2 years now, I don't play as competitively as before and my purpose now is just to collect all toons, if nothing changes until I have them all, I will probably stop playing at all at that point because everything else is just boring. If I was able to swap mods easily I could make my teams more competitive, I could try different strategies more easily and I would definitely have more fun from all the aspects in the game. Currently, my best mods are in my arena team and that is all i focus at all at the moment. Please devs, make this game interesting again by allowing customization of teams by the means of an easy process of swapping mods between them! I bet there are a lot of veteran players that feel the same way as me and it would be a shame to lose them by a stupid interface that prevents having more fun from an otherwise good game! I made the promise to myself that I would only spend money in this game again after the update on mod interface and I've been keeping that for the past several months...

Replies

• Vetman wrote: »
    and my purpose now is just to collect all toons, if nothing changes until I have them all, I will probably stop playing at all at that point because everything else is just boring.

that prevents having more fun from an otherwise good game!

So first it's a boring game that you'd quit if you collected all characters and then it's a "good game!"

• I agree mod management is needed, I wouldn't quit if we didn't get it but it's certainly the most annoying part of the game by far. Every time I swap arena teams I hate my life cause of the remodding
  • +1
  • Vetman
    39 posts Member
    BazeMalbus wrote: »
    Vetman wrote: »
    and my purpose now is just to collect all toons, if nothing changes until I have them all, I will probably stop playing at all at that point because everything else is just boring.

that prevents having more fun from an otherwise good game!

So first it's a boring game that you'd quit if you collected all characters and then it's a "good game!"

I think it's quite easy to understand what I mean, honestly... I used to really like the game and I still see a lot of potential in it, but lately I find it boring because to make the most of it I would like to customize my teams and try different strategies. With the current mod system, that requires an amount of time I simply don't want to spend in the game. If nothing changes, I think I'll just lose interest in the game and eventually quit, hence why I keep repeating this situation about mods. At the end of the day, I'm giving my feedback as their client in the hope they will make the necessary changes that will keep me interested in using their products.
  • ALX
    3 posts Member
    +1
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Just give me a "remove all' button and I'll be happy
  • How would this work on territory war? All mod management would do is encourage players to farm only 5 sets of mods, so on territory you'd be deploying unmodded teams. It's fine for long term players who have every toon modded but for newer players it would not encourage farming extra mods which would ultimately harm your guild in these events. Sorry but i think the answer is farm more mods and not rely on a core 5 sets. Of course improve the chances of speed secondaries to encourage the investment in mods you need to make
  • DarthSerf wrote: »
    How would this work on territory war? All mod management would do is encourage players to farm only 5 sets of mods, so on territory you'd be deploying unmodded teams. It's fine for long term players who have every toon modded but for newer players it would not encourage farming extra mods which would ultimately harm your guild in these events. Sorry but i think the answer is farm more mods and not rely on a core 5 sets. Of course improve the chances of speed secondaries to encourage the investment in mods you need to make

But that means your teams will not be customizable, which is the whole point of mods in my understanding, being able to change your toon stats according to what you want/need. Having that possibility would definitely make the game more interesting imho.
    TW would still encourage people to farm mods as each toon would need to be modded to be viable to use. Saying it would harm the guild because people would stop farming mods is like saying guilds are harmed by people that don't farm less important toons, they are also vital for platoons in TB and for TW (only an example). Good active guild members would still farm mods. Also, mods work the same way for everyone, so if that would happen in your guild it would probably happen in similar guilds as well, you would still be facing fair fights because the opponents would probably also be modless (equivalent GP guilds should have similar members, more or less).
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    I would think if they made it easier to swap around mods that it would have an impact on their revenue. Why farm / pay for more then a few sets of mods when you can easily swap out with a push of a button.
  • Vetman
    39 posts Member
    Eclipso wrote: »
    I would think if they made it easier to swap around mods that it would have an impact on their revenue. Why farm / pay for more then a few sets of mods when you can easily swap out with a push of a button.

Maybe true, but the only thing I can do as a user is to give the feedback of what I would like to see implemented in the game. If they actually do it or not its up to them. Maybe if swapping mods was easier people would spend more crystals in credits instead of mod farming because they would spend lots of credits in the swaps, which would still maintain a source of revenue for devs while making the game a better experience for its users. We can only guess what impact it would have, really...
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Feedback: Gear and UI
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne