Poor Mans Advice For 7 Star BB8

Ok so I did it, 7 starred BB8. I also believe I did it with bare mininum First Order team. Here is my toons so you can compare yours https://swgoh.gg/u/lobo33/collection/

Now some of you may laugh but I got BB8 on my 117th try today and after was also able to 1 star the mythical.

Hopefully this will help anyone who's FO team is subpar.

1. First Order Officer is your boy. What I made sure is that every chance I got, I used him to decrease Fin's turn meter.

2. From there, I targeted Rey used specials on her until she was gone.

3. After that, I took out Chewie. This worked because he kept stunning me and when Han attacked my toons would counter

4. Chewie and Han would end up both being in the red and I would use Kylo's aoe to finish them off.

6. At this point in both battles I had Phasma (leader left), a badly **** FO and Kylo full health. I was able to basically spam Fin to death with specials from there.

7. Once Fin was down, all I had left was a **** Phasma and Kylo just under full health. My first attack with Kylo I used his regular attack to get debuffs on BB8, had one attack with Phasma before BB8 killed her and then just spammed the hell out of Kylo's specials.

Now I will say out of the 117 tries, I had aquired gear for my toons, so more than likely if you have your toons at the gear level I have mine and decent mods, you will get it done in a few tries.

Hope this helps some people out there!

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I also have a barebones FO team.. I found using Kylo 2nd special to stun was key. Prevent BB8 from getting off ID. Stun him, then use FO Officer to remove his TM, and anytime he broke stun, stun him again. If he managed to get off ID restart and try again. FO Officer can give Kylo TM as well if BB8 breaks stun when Kylo isn't up soon. I'd kill BB8, Rey, Han, Chewie, and Finn last. Often times it would be Finn vs Kylo, and if Kylo still has full health he just keeps stunning finn
  • Should move this to bb8s event section
  • I've been trying to figure out how to get through T7 with my grossly under-powered FO team, and I think I might give this a try. I've got KRU instead of FOST who is also my lead. The worst part about my team is the fact that only two of them are above level 70 (including a lvl 63 Tie Pilot).

I barely made it through Tier 6 and wonder if I'm trying to take them out in the wrong order. I usually go for Rey first while trying to isolate BB8 with FOO's TM removal and KRU's stun, but maybe I'll try keeping Finn out of the fight instead.

Still have a couple of days to get these guys levelled up a bit. Yesterday's credit heist didn't go very far at all.
  • RaylekZen wrote: »
    Should move this to bb8s event section

Thank You my bad
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out how to get through T7 with my grossly under-powered FO team, and I think I might give this a try. I've got KRU instead of FOST who is also my lead. The worst part about my team is the fact that only two of them are above level 70 (including a lvl 63 Tie Pilot).

I barely made it through Tier 6 and wonder if I'm trying to take them out in the wrong order. I usually go for Rey first while trying to isolate BB8 with FOO's TM removal and KRU's stun, but maybe I'll try keeping Finn out of the fight instead.

Still have a couple of days to get these guys levelled up a bit. Yesterday's credit heist didn't go very far at all.

Yes I think you will have more sucsess on Finn...I was doing the samething as you trying to decrease BB8's turn meter but once I switched to Finn everything started to fall into place.
  • I know this sounds like a rich man's advice, but trust me.

Zeta Kylo. (With the mask, not KRU) He can literally solo the entire event. Keep all your other FO at level 1, GL1 if you want, it doesn't matter. Kylo at GL11 with his Zeta is good enough.

And yes, I understand that not many people have 20 zeta mats to spare, and enough gear to pump him up to GL11. But for next time BB8 comes around, you'll know you don't need to touch your FO outside of Kylo.
  • I came really close after trying this a few times. I still haven't got it licked, but I feel like I'm a lot closer. This thread has definitely helped me out, but I think my FO squad still needs a little work. I just hope I can get the upgrades I need done in time.

Once the exposes start and they keep getting the TM from it, that's when it all goes down hill for me. If Rey is dead, I feel like I have a chance. If she survives until BB8 drops illuminated destiny, it's over.
  • What mods did you have on? As I'm struggling to get past tier 6 and my toons are good but I feel the mods are bare basic :(
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I almost don't want to admit it, but I hadn't noticed it didn't keep the same order for my lineup from Tier 6 to Tier 7, but rather placed them in order of GP (I'm assuming). I must've tried it 50 times without any luck, and only really coming close a couple of times.

Then I noticed Kylo (masked) was my lead...*facepalm*

Put KRU in the leadership spot and did it on the 2nd attempt. I was only a couple of hours before the end of the event, too. I would've gone berserk if I missed out on 7* because I didn't have a leader. Luckily I noticed in time (barely)

So here's a tip from me: Make sure you have someone with an actual leadership ability in the lead spot.